Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes: Test 1 10:36 - Jul 10 with 11638 viewsDaley_Lama

England win the toss and bat.

Finn chosen over Bresnan

Australia do a Darren Pattinson and select Ashton Agar in their team.

Poll: DF in or out

Ashes: Test 1 on 16:01 - Jul 14 with 1063 viewsDaley_Lama

Shame somebody had to lose.

Erm.

Mebbe not. Get the ecky thump in, take that convicts, your boys took one helluva beating (by 14 runs)

Ashes: Test 1 on 16:05 - Jul 14 with 1051 viewsColDale

Ashes: Test 1 on 16:01 - Jul 14 by Daley_Lama

Shame somebody had to lose.

Erm.

Mebbe not. Get the ecky thump in, take that convicts, your boys took one helluva beating (by 14 runs)

I did like how the winning margin was less than the number of runs added by Broad after he was given not out on Friday.
Ashes: Test 1 on 17:14 - Jul 14 with 996 viewsChaffRAFC

Just watched the highlights having been in work all day.

Wonderful win and love the fact that it was a half arsed appeal that was overturned by DRS.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Ashes: Test 1 on 17:48 - Jul 14 with 979 viewsClivert

Ashes: Test 1 on 14:50 - Jul 14 by dilligas

All the way through I thought the Aussies were going to nick it. What a test

Good job he did nick it!?!

A brilliant test match, roll on Thursday!
Ashes: Test 1 on 17:58 - Jul 14 with 975 viewsmacro

Ashes: Test 1 on 17:48 - Jul 14 by Clivert

Good job he did nick it!?!

A brilliant test match, roll on Thursday!

and some people say cricket is boring! Fantastic advert for the game
Ashes: Test 1 on 02:53 - Jul 15 with 890 viewsDiddyDave

Yes,marvellous fare,never a dull moment in the game,loads of controversy,but let`s not forget so many memorable performances by so many players on both sides. Still think they have to sort out this referrals thing,but that shouldn`t detract from the game as it was one of the best I can remember. Like the man said,test cricket will never die when they produce games like this. Let`s hope for four more crackers before they meet again in Oz later in the year.
Ashes: Test 1 on 08:19 - Jul 15 with 863 viewsDaley_Lama

The referral thing is fine however you cannot judge for the idiots using it.

1. Agar run out first innings. If the 4th umpire gives not out when all evidence shows that the batsman is out, what can you do?

2. Trott LBW. Not out verdict on the field. Video evidence to show that Trott hit it. No hotspot available. If the 4th umpire ignores everything the referral system is about and gives the batsman out, what can you do?

3. Broad caught at slip. If the Australian team use their referrals up (unsuccessfully) and then miss out on one, what can you do?

You can put the best systems and processes in place but you can't judge for the amazing stupidity of mankind.

Ashes: Test 1 on 08:57 - Jul 15 with 846 viewsTVOS1907

Ashes: Test 1 on 08:19 - Jul 15 by Daley_Lama

The referral thing is fine however you cannot judge for the idiots using it.

1. Agar run out first innings. If the 4th umpire gives not out when all evidence shows that the batsman is out, what can you do?

2. Trott LBW. Not out verdict on the field. Video evidence to show that Trott hit it. No hotspot available. If the 4th umpire ignores everything the referral system is about and gives the batsman out, what can you do?

3. Broad caught at slip. If the Australian team use their referrals up (unsuccessfully) and then miss out on one, what can you do?

You can put the best systems and processes in place but you can't judge for the amazing stupidity of mankind.

Wasn't Agar stumped?

I think you've introduced an extra official as well, DL.

Some good points though. And, having read and listened to some of the Australian media, I think they should be limited to two DRS stories per day!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Ashes: Test 1 on 09:03 - Jul 15 with 843 viewsDaley_Lama

Aye, stumped and 3rd official, my bad.

Another bad thing in all of this is Michael Clarke. Bumface would have been spitting feathers if the Gary Pratt run out is anything to go by. Clarke has been too darned nice about it all.

Ashes: Test 1 on 10:59 - Jul 15 with 816 viewsD_Alien

Ashes: Test 1 on 09:03 - Jul 15 by Daley_Lama

Aye, stumped and 3rd official, my bad.

Another bad thing in all of this is Michael Clarke. Bumface would have been spitting feathers if the Gary Pratt run out is anything to go by. Clarke has been too darned nice about it all.

Agree about Clarke

I'm expecting him to burst into tears at some point, ala Kim Hughes in the 1980's

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashes: Test 1 on 11:07 - Jul 15 with 826 viewsjudd

Ashes: Test 1 on 10:59 - Jul 15 by D_Alien

Agree about Clarke

I'm expecting him to burst into tears at some point, ala Kim Hughes in the 1980's

I,too, thought the same about Clarke and how differently Ponting would have been to that result.

Convict bastards.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024