Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Snow returning? 20:43 - Mar 20 with 10382 views442Dale

Could mean an army with shovels are required on Saturday morning...if the forecast is right.

Would expect the covers to be down ahead of it falling this time.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Snow returning? on 09:42 - Mar 23 with 1489 viewsD_Alien

Snow returning? on 09:41 - Mar 23 by olympicdale

As has been said previous, I doubt this will lead to it being called off, its been worse in dec/jan with days of minus temperatures at night etc and the games went ahead.

There's not always logic in these situations though

We've had games postponed which by any reasonable standards should have gone ahead

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Snow returning? on 09:43 - Mar 23 with 1473 viewszxcvbnm

Snow returning? on 09:39 - Mar 23 by 442Dale

Twitter update: concern about the surrounding areas and ref is on the way.

Embarrassing thatsouthend have the update from Rochdale up quicker than Rochdale do

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Snow returning? on 09:43 - Mar 23 with 1471 viewsoff2div1

Ref should have been there at 9.00am considering distance traveling fans need to travel, who organises this club, f a or refs
Snow returning? on 09:46 - Mar 23 with 1421 views442Dale

Hornets have just tweeted asking for help to remove the snow ahead of football and rugby fixtures this weekend.

There is no way quite a few Dale fans are going to help if its to ensure Hornets play unless there's a 100% chance that our game will be on.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Snow returning? on 09:47 - Mar 23 with 1383 viewsD_Alien

Snow returning? on 09:46 - Mar 23 by 442Dale

Hornets have just tweeted asking for help to remove the snow ahead of football and rugby fixtures this weekend.

There is no way quite a few Dale fans are going to help if its to ensure Hornets play unless there's a 100% chance that our game will be on.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Quite a few might turn up to shovel it back on

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Snow returning? on 09:49 - Mar 23 with 1326 viewsKenBoon

Snow returning? on 09:43 - Mar 23 by zxcvbnm

Embarrassing thatsouthend have the update from Rochdale up quicker than Rochdale do

The club are updating fans. Just like they asked for help clearing snow. I know they're poor in some areas, but they can only report stuff when there's something to report.
Snow returning? on 09:53 - Mar 23 with 1248 viewsdingdangblue

This is all going to be down to whether the ref wants a game or not. Its really not that bad in Rochdale/Spotland area - remember Shrewsbury 4-0 in the promotion season anyone?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Snow returning? on 09:53 - Mar 23 with 1237 viewsmaybee

Feel very sorry for any Southend fans who will have had to set off by now. also, some Dale exiles travel a long way to home games.

I'm only in Shawclough, and was all set to go and help, but I can't even get onto Shawclough Road due to the snow on side streets.

I will be amazed if the game isn't off, even though the pitch is probably playable.
Login to get fewer ads

Snow returning? on 09:53 - Mar 23 with 1236 viewszxcvbnm

Snow returning? on 09:53 - Mar 23 by dingdangblue

This is all going to be down to whether the ref wants a game or not. Its really not that bad in Rochdale/Spotland area - remember Shrewsbury 4-0 in the promotion season anyone?

Hearing its definately OFF

Snow returning? on 09:54 - Mar 23 with 1222 viewsColDale

game off
Snow returning? on 09:54 - Mar 23 with 1202 viewsolympicdale

Snow returning? on 09:53 - Mar 23 by dingdangblue

That was incredible, only game in the division that survived, that really was our year.

Life is a game of fate.

Snow returning? on 09:56 - Mar 23 with 1159 viewsoff2div1

Snow returning? on 09:54 - Mar 23 by ColDale

game off

Pitch or surrounding areas
Snow returning? on 09:56 - Mar 23 with 1154 viewsAtThePeake

Snow returning? on 09:49 - Mar 23 by KenBoon

The club are updating fans. Just like they asked for help clearing snow. I know they're poor in some areas, but they can only report stuff when there's something to report.

There is nothing on the official website, which is the first port of call I should think for most fans.

Tangled up in blue.

Snow returning? on 09:59 - Mar 23 with 1120 viewsColDale

looking at the fixture lists, I think there is only Tuesday 23rd April when this game can be played unless the FL force Southend to play it 2 days after the JPT final (which would suit us).
Snow returning? on 09:59 - Mar 23 with 1120 views442Dale

Snow returning? on 09:56 - Mar 23 by AtThePeake

There is nothing on the official website, which is the first port of call I should think for most fans.

They've just put it on twitter.

One positive: Lessons to be learnt around communication for future matches. In the modern age, clear and informative updates are required that cover all aspects of a situation.

Snow returning? on 10:03 - Mar 23 with 1086 views442Dale

Snow returning? on 09:59 - Mar 23 by ColDale

looking at the fixture lists, I think there is only Tuesday 23rd April when this game can be played unless the FL force Southend to play it 2 days after the JPT final (which would suit us).

Maybe the Wednesday of that week after the JPT, the 10th?

Snow returning? on 10:04 - Mar 23 with 1070 viewsColDale

Snow returning? on 10:03 - Mar 23 by 442Dale

Maybe the Wednesday of that week after the JPT, the 10th?

well Southend are playing on the Friday night of that week. I reckon the FL would avoid forcing them to play 2 games in 48hrs if they could help it.
Snow returning? on 10:06 - Mar 23 with 1056 views442Dale

Snow returning? on 10:04 - Mar 23 by ColDale

well Southend are playing on the Friday night of that week. I reckon the FL would avoid forcing them to play 2 games in 48hrs if they could help it.

Ah, and I was only thinking of them.

Snow returning? on 10:09 - Mar 23 with 1039 viewsTVOS1907

Snow returning? on 10:04 - Mar 23 by ColDale

Possibly, but there have been other instances of teams having to play league games on Tuesdays this season after cup ties have been moved to Sundays.

And, if we hadn't moved the Aldershot match, we'd have had two games in three days over Easter, as per normal.

The problem with leaving it till 23rd April is that it could get called off then as well. Unlikely, I know, but so is a postponement for snow on 23rd March!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Snow returning? on 10:13 - Mar 23 with 1020 viewsdingdangblue

Snow returning? on 09:54 - Mar 23 by olympicdale

That was incredible, only game in the division that survived, that really was our year.

It should've been!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Snow returning? on 10:51 - Mar 23 with 967 viewscy74

Snow returning? on 09:41 - Mar 23 by olympicdale

As has been said previous, I doubt this will lead to it being called off, its been worse in dec/jan with days of minus temperatures at night etc and the games went ahead.

Oops mr health and safety officer
Snow returning? on 11:16 - Mar 23 with 922 views442Dale

Story on OS: offers a good insight into what the issues were - snow in the stands.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/game-off-730120.aspx

Snow returning? on 12:48 - Mar 23 with 872 viewsolympicdale

Snow returning? on 10:09 - Mar 23 by TVOS1907

Possibly, but there have been other instances of teams having to play league games on Tuesdays this season after cup ties have been moved to Sundays.

And, if we hadn't moved the Aldershot match, we'd have had two games in three days over Easter, as per normal.

The problem with leaving it till 23rd April is that it could get called off then as well. Unlikely, I know, but so is a postponement for snow on 23rd March!

Moved? I thought it was always scheduled for good friday.

Life is a game of fate.

Snow returning? on 12:49 - Mar 23 with 869 viewszxcvbnm

No it was moved along with most league fixtures to Friday to give an extra days rest

Snow returning? on 13:15 - Mar 23 with 837 viewsTVOS1907

Snow returning? on 12:48 - Mar 23 by olympicdale

Moved? I thought it was always scheduled for good friday.

No.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024