Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Snow returning? 20:43 - Mar 20 with 10263 views442Dale

Could mean an army with shovels are required on Saturday morning...if the forecast is right.

Would expect the covers to be down ahead of it falling this time.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Snow returning? on 07:04 - Mar 23 with 1750 viewsTTNYear

Snow returning? on 06:51 - Mar 23 by macro

If the roads around the ground and the car park is unsafe than the match would be off regardless of the pitch

No chance today. Three to four inches. Get Sir Jeff on.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Snow returning? on 07:17 - Mar 23 with 1706 viewsNotEyreClue

Snow's gotten Ron Jeremy deep overnight - game off for sure.

More chance of a hysterectomy patient being on..

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Snow returning? on 07:26 - Mar 23 with 1684 viewsolympicdale

Snow returning? on 07:17 - Mar 23 by NotEyreClue

Snow's gotten Ron Jeremy deep overnight - game off for sure.

More chance of a hysterectomy patient being on..

Id imagine that would prove to be good insulation, plus the covers, the temperatures wont have gone down too low to freeze it, just have to hope we can get it off in time.

Life is a game of fate.

Snow returning? on 07:31 - Mar 23 with 1667 viewsNotEyreClue

Snow returning? on 07:26 - Mar 23 by olympicdale

Id imagine that would prove to be good insulation, plus the covers, the temperatures wont have gone down too low to freeze it, just have to hope we can get it off in time.

Wish I shared your optimism..hope you're right though

Snow returning? on 07:33 - Mar 23 with 1661 viewsdannyuk

Depends how it's drifted, at the top of my garden is about 2 inches and as it gradually gets more sheltered towards the house it's around 2 and a half feet.
Snow returning? on 07:40 - Mar 23 with 1641 viewsmacro

If the roads and car parks are unsafe and can't be cleared it'll be called off regardless of the pitch 'safety reasons'

As Sarfend are local and we'd have to pay if imagine that every effort will be out in. How quickly will the clear the pitch tweet and os request come? Ifit doesn't assume it'll be off
Snow returning? on 07:41 - Mar 23 with 1636 viewsLee_Bullet

I don't think the snow is actually that bad, as a whole there isn't that much of it, I'd imagine that parts of the ground won't be too deep because of the blizzards. Got a feeling the pitch when clear will be playable but surrounding areas will be the cause of a P-P. Any help from the council?
Snow returning? on 07:43 - Mar 23 with 1622 viewsLee_Bullet

Snow returning? on 07:04 - Mar 23 by TTNYear

No chance today. Three to four inches. Get Sir Jeff on.

Three to 4 inches! This is snow we are measuring now!
Login to get fewer ads

Snow returning? on 07:46 - Mar 23 with 1615 viewsTTNYear

Snow returning? on 07:43 - Mar 23 by Lee_Bullet

Three to 4 inches! This is snow we are measuring now!

I know three to four inches when I see it

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Snow returning? on 08:04 - Mar 23 with 1549 viewsdannyuk

Depends how it's drifted, at the top of my garden is about 2 inches and as it gradually gets more sheltered towards the house it's around 2 and a half feet.
Snow returning? on 08:05 - Mar 23 with 1547 viewszxcvbnm

Several clubs via twitter keeping fans informed of pitch inspections, request to clear the pitch etc. the silence is deafening it seems from dale

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Snow returning? on 08:12 - Mar 23 with 1503 viewsNotEyreClue

Snow returning? on 08:05 - Mar 23 by zxcvbnm

Several clubs via twitter keeping fans informed of pitch inspections, request to clear the pitch etc. the silence is deafening it seems from dale

Tbf it's probably not snowing in the chairman's bubbles.

No not their pet monkeys.

Snow returning? on 08:24 - Mar 23 with 1440 viewsdingdangblue

The snow doesn't look that bad to be honest - as long as the pitch can be cleared I can't see a problem with the surrounding area - there's certainly not 3-4 inches on the pavements. And its not like 10,000 people are descending to the ground - there'll be more people at Asda!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Snow returning? on 08:28 - Mar 23 with 1418 viewszxcvbnm

Snow returning? on 08:24 - Mar 23 by dingdangblue

The snow doesn't look that bad to be honest - as long as the pitch can be cleared I can't see a problem with the surrounding area - there's certainly not 3-4 inches on the pavements. And its not like 10,000 people are descending to the ground - there'll be more people at Asda!

Southend have tweeted no news from Rochdale yet. Nice to know that the club are keeping Southend informed

Snow returning? on 08:40 - Mar 23 with 1359 viewsColDale

the distance that Southend fans will have to travel will probably dictate an early decision, and they'd struggle to be positive so many hours from kick off. Had it been a Morecambe where fans could delay setting off until 1pm, it might have stuck a chance if enough work was done.
Snow returning? on 08:49 - Mar 23 with 1298 viewszxcvbnm

An update on twitter shocker. They are assessing the situation

Snow returning? on 08:56 - Mar 23 with 1242 viewsLee_Bullet

I'd imagine they are reliant on people getting down there and helping, so instead of people moaning on here you know what to do!
Snow returning? on 08:58 - Mar 23 with 1223 viewsMoonyDale

Bradford off due to safety reasons as is Port Vale.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Snow returning? on 09:04 - Mar 23 with 1174 viewsDalenet

Snow returning? on 08:58 - Mar 23 by MoonyDale

Bradford off due to safety reasons as is Port Vale.....

Bradford was postponed yesterday when they had the heavier snow fall.

We had some treacherous conditions on pavements around the groud in December but the game was on. If we can get the 2 inches off the covers and the pitch is soft the game should be on. We won't get more than 2000 home fans so I can't see any real safety issues.
Snow returning? on 09:14 - Mar 23 with 1084 viewsMoonyDale

Snow returning? on 09:04 - Mar 23 by Dalenet

Bradford was postponed yesterday when they had the heavier snow fall.

We had some treacherous conditions on pavements around the groud in December but the game was on. If we can get the 2 inches off the covers and the pitch is soft the game should be on. We won't get more than 2000 home fans so I can't see any real safety issues.

It's not down to the club re safety issues, it is the council/police that decide on safety in the surrounding areas. After a quick drive round this morning I will be amazed if the game goes ahead...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Snow returning? on 09:16 - Mar 23 with 1063 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Previously, around an inch of snow has allowed the covers to be removed with the snow on them. This just took a lot of help and the will to want to do it.

With time getting on, no appeal for help it would suggest that there is either to much snow on the pitch or no will to try.

Game off for me!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Snow returning? on 09:23 - Mar 23 with 998 views442Dale

Snow returning? on 09:16 - Mar 23 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Previously, around an inch of snow has allowed the covers to be removed with the snow on them. This just took a lot of help and the will to want to do it.

With time getting on, no appeal for help it would suggest that there is either to much snow on the pitch or no will to try.

Game off for me!

To be fair they did ask for volunteers yesterday, however this has not been reiterated this morning from first thing. The doubt could be putting many off even setting off with shovels.

It was 8.45am when we were told the situation was being assessed, an update should have followed soon after.

Southend's fans must be hating the uncertainty, one tweeted Dale over an hour ago for an update before they set off. If you use that medium, it has to be consistent.

Snow returning? on 09:29 - Mar 23 with 918 viewsoff2div1

Oldham off
Snow returning? on 09:39 - Mar 23 with 805 views442Dale

Twitter update: concern about the surrounding areas and ref is on the way.

Snow returning? on 09:41 - Mar 23 with 773 viewsolympicdale

Snow returning? on 09:39 - Mar 23 by 442Dale

Twitter update: concern about the surrounding areas and ref is on the way.

As has been said previous, I doubt this will lead to it being called off, its been worse in dec/jan with days of minus temperatures at night etc and the games went ahead.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024