Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help required re goalscorer ............................................ 20:09 - Feb 6 with 1553 views100569

Can anyone give me a definitive answer to the following:-
On 6th January 1998 we played Carlisle United away in the Auto Windscreen Shield those who were there will remember it well. I was their but cannot recall the answer to my question. We lost that night 6-1. Who scored our goal ? Some publications give it as an own goal, others credit the goal to Mark Stuart. Can anyone give me a 100% answer. If it was an own goal then who was the scorer.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:19 - Feb 6 with 1528 viewsjudd

Ignore me.

Bywater's debut?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:19 - Feb 6 with 1521 views442Dale

Not a clue who scored it, but Stuart trying to claim it summed up his display.

Overriding memory of the night was Andy Farrell giving the ball away and pleading for them to score so more abuse could be heaped upon him.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:29 - Feb 6 with 1497 viewsFrog

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:19 - Feb 6 by judd

Ignore me.

Bywater's debut?

His one and only appearance wasn't it?
Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:33 - Feb 6 with 1481 viewsjudd

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:29 - Feb 6 by Frog

His one and only appearance wasn't it?

I believe so.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:37 - Feb 6 with 1460 views100569

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:19 - Feb 6 by judd

Ignore me.

Bywater's debut?

It certainly was Bywaters debut.
Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:38 - Feb 6 with 1457 viewsSuddenLad

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:37 - Feb 6 by 100569

It certainly was Bywaters debut.

Happy Birthday

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:45 - Feb 6 with 1437 views100569

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:38 - Feb 6 by SuddenLad

Happy Birthday

Thank you
Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:54 - Feb 6 with 1420 viewsBartRowou

It wasn't Ronnie Wallwork was it?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 21:01 - Feb 6 with 1409 viewsColDale

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:54 - Feb 6 by BartRowou

It wasn't Ronnie Wallwork was it?

That a wild stab in the dark?
Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 21:06 - Feb 6 with 1399 viewsBartRowou

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 21:01 - Feb 6 by ColDale

I have a vague recollection of him playing that night and possibly scoring. I know he was on loan there that season. It was definitely an own goal. Pretty sure it was the catalyst for an ironic conga too (courtesy of the EGP mafia).

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 21:17 - Feb 6 with 1380 viewsSalwaDale

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 21:01 - Feb 6 by ColDale

Mickey Thomas or Richard III?

TBBT

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 09:31 - Feb 7 with 1257 viewselectricblue

If i remember correctly wasnt thacks made captain and got it all wrong..
Also the weather was diabolical that night aswell....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 09:45 - Feb 7 with 1247 viewsSuddenLad

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 09:31 - Feb 7 by electricblue

If i remember correctly wasnt thacks made captain and got it all wrong..
Also the weather was diabolical that night aswell....

We didn't lose that game 6-1 and it's not the night Bywater made his one and only appearance.

The famous night when Thacks got it wrong was the night that Brunton Park was hit by a tsunami and the Dale fans were in the middle of it. Never to be forgotten.

Fortunately, I didn't see the 6-1 debacle.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 11:20 - Feb 7 with 1168 viewsdingdangblue

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 20:19 - Feb 6 by 442Dale

Not a clue who scored it, but Stuart trying to claim it summed up his display.

Overriding memory of the night was Andy Farrell giving the ball away and pleading for them to score so more abuse could be heaped upon him.

For all his cracking wing play, terrific freekicks and 47 goals for Dale, I just can't forgive Stuart for that night. Lets face it, it was a game of massive importance and he just let himself and the club down.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 14:02 - Feb 7 with 1069 views442Dale

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 11:20 - Feb 7 by dingdangblue

For all his cracking wing play, terrific freekicks and 47 goals for Dale, I just can't forgive Stuart for that night. Lets face it, it was a game of massive importance and he just let himself and the club down.

He stood out as being poor in the game in question. As did Farrell. If the game hadn't had its own thread, we wouldn't have brought up any of those involved (Stuart, Farrell, Bywater, Wallwork)

As he was involved in the goal, it was obvious he was going to get a mention!

As he would if Preston games were ever a subject of discussion.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 14:47 - Feb 7 with 1036 viewsdingdangblue

Help required re goalscorer ............................................ on 14:02 - Feb 7 by 442Dale

He stood out as being poor in the game in question. As did Farrell. If the game hadn't had its own thread, we wouldn't have brought up any of those involved (Stuart, Farrell, Bywater, Wallwork)

As he was involved in the goal, it was obvious he was going to get a mention!

As he would if Preston games were ever a subject of discussion.

I prefer to remember the good times with Stuart. Lets face it back then we didn't have an abundance of quality players.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024