Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get off Colemans and Bells back 12:08 - Dec 2 with 11065 viewsdalehead89

I am an avid reader of this site but i have never decided to comment until now , i was at the game yesterday and i am in no way going to say it was good because we were poor but we did get better in the second half , he is right with what he said we do need to start games better , but it shows that his half time talks are having some impact its now down to the players to get out there from the word go instead of needing a rollicking to start playing!.What any manager needs is support we are still in a decent position to go up all be it probably through the play offs. If we was in the bottom two then fine slag him and get rid but we are not.
Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:03 - Dec 3 with 1565 viewsolympicdale

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 11:03 - Dec 3 by SFD

You make alot of valid points Col, however have to disagree about his time at Accy and the players he has recruited from there, what did they actually achieve ? dont recall them being promoted from league 2 so the said players clearly arent good enough, Mcintyre being the prime example he is simpkinesque.
We need to be solid at the back keep clean sheets and build from there, our two centre halves were awful on Saturday, i brought two fans of other clubs to the game and they we astounded that R Edwards could be so woeful and yet retain his place week in week out.

I stopped reading after simpkinsesque, Mcintyre's been a decent buy if not spectacular, it's not like you SFD to be negative.

Life is a game of fate.

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:03 - Dec 3 with 1562 viewsMoonyDale

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:53 - Dec 3 by sweetcorn

Stinks of overreaction. Mcintyre is hardly simpkinsesque, he's had good games for us, simpkins never had one, so that rules that out. Coleman got some of our Accrington lot into the play-offs, maybe colemans idea was to pick the best of that bunch, add it to the quality we already have (Tutte, JK, Grimes) and then get a few unknowns (bennett, rafferty, lillis, etc.) which could take the team onto the next level.

We aren't doing bad at the minute and with the way this league is going, one good run of 10-15 games will see us take a dominant position in this league.

Sweetcorn now you and I have had our share of run in's on this board and although our second half wasn't that bad on Saturday can you honestly say hand on heart that this team could go on a 10 to 15 run? If as rumours suggest that maybe both JK and Tutte will be on their way in Jan. That would rip the heart out of the midfield we currently have, I hope the talk of them leaving was wide of the mark but even with them I don't see us going on that type of run. Would love to see it like, if we hover around mid table we would be safe from the dreaded R word and anything above that would be a huge bonus. The players he's brought in are a mixed bag, Grant, Gornell, are good players. Long if he gets him would be a brilliant addition, Bennett is looking solid and can be forgiven the odd bad game as everyone has them at some point. The rest for me seem ordinary to be honest and some additions will be needed at some point, Exeter have improved vastly recently and Saturday will be tough. Followed by difficult games at Burton and Bradford, if we lose those the table could look a whole lot different come the new year..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:04 - Dec 3 with 1561 viewsSFD

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:53 - Dec 3 by sweetcorn

Stinks of overreaction. Mcintyre is hardly simpkinsesque, he's had good games for us, simpkins never had one, so that rules that out. Coleman got some of our Accrington lot into the play-offs, maybe colemans idea was to pick the best of that bunch, add it to the quality we already have (Tutte, JK, Grimes) and then get a few unknowns (bennett, rafferty, lillis, etc.) which could take the team onto the next level.

We aren't doing bad at the minute and with the way this league is going, one good run of 10-15 games will see us take a dominant position in this league.

Your entitled to your opinion but for me we are awful to watch have no genuine pace about the team and the defence is dreadful.
I will give it a miss this week maybe the break along with the other 1,000 will do me good ?
Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:16 - Dec 3 with 1542 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 17:13 - Dec 2 by TVOS1907

I think the 'talking rubbish' bit was about 'killing the club'. As I said, any 'killing' started around June 2011, although 'killing' might be a bit strong. There are certainly many things you know about that are completely outwith the performances on the field and who the manager is.

As a supporter of many years standing, you have seen considerably more dross than a lot of us and certainly much worse managers than Coleman. Greenhoff, Halom (one you mentioned), Simpson, Buckley and Eyre to name five.

Yesterday was rubbish, home form all season has been rubbish, crowds are falling and people's records are being called into question.

But is the current situation really among the worst you've seen in your supporting lifetime?

If it is, then I'm Dave Mossman!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Going back to the real bad old days, we had nowt and expected nowt.

I think what hurts so much is seeing the gradual impovement of the club then the rapid decline, with what appears to be no attempt to stop it. Both on and off the pitch.

My loathing of Coleman is due to his 'jobs for his mates' mentality and his public condemnation of the fans for 'cheering JK like he was the messiah' which I took very personally. I think it was particularly apt as JK is the last of the promotion winning team to remain at the club and I see Coleman is making a very public statement (as he did on Saturday) with his treatment of JK.

I happily sung John Coleman's name for 40 minutes the day we got relegated and had very fair aims for this season, hoping that we finished around 10th, with good home form and pride being put back in to wearing 'the shirt'.

We may finish 10th, though I think 14th ish is more likely, the home form and style of play in IMHO is worse than anything I have witnessed at Spotland and I would expect the JC home stats to confirm this. Also due to 'jobs for his mates' mentality, I believe their is no pride in the shirt, as the playing of CAV, the none playing of Joe Raffety, Craney (who makes John Doolan look like a slightly anorexic Kylie Minogue) taking a place on the bench and the fact that Phil Edwards (who I thinks an alright footballer) being dropped from 3 different positions, but still a regular proves.

The killing of the club is aimed at 70% the board and commercial team for being lazy and just selling another player rather than doing the jobs they are payed for and 30% Coleman for making my team an indisciplined rabble, who I struggle to relate to.

So there you have it............

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:24 - Dec 3 with 1521 viewsTTNYear

After reading that last paragraph... 'Welcome to our world, Steve. Welcome to our world'... Try banging the same drum since the centenary season sir, only to be rebuffed.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:33 - Dec 3 with 1503 viewsTTNYear

'Well it looks like we are going up and we have pots of money in the bank. Everything's just peachy' ... A football board room in 2010 somewhere

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 14:56 - Dec 3 with 1459 viewsTVOS1907

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:16 - Dec 3 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I think what hurts so much is seeing the gradual impovement of the club then the rapid decline, with what appears to be no attempt to stop it. Both on and off the pitch.

My loathing of Coleman is due to his 'jobs for his mates' mentality and his public condemnation of the fans for 'cheering JK like he was the messiah' which I took very personally. I think it was particularly apt as JK is the last of the promotion winning team to remain at the club and I see Coleman is making a very public statement (as he did on Saturday) with his treatment of JK.

I happily sung John Coleman's name for 40 minutes the day we got relegated and had very fair aims for this season, hoping that we finished around 10th, with good home form and pride being put back in to wearing 'the shirt'.

We may finish 10th, though I think 14th ish is more likely, the home form and style of play in IMHO is worse than anything I have witnessed at Spotland and I would expect the JC home stats to confirm this. Also due to 'jobs for his mates' mentality, I believe their is no pride in the shirt, as the playing of CAV, the none playing of Joe Raffety, Craney (who makes John Doolan look like a slightly anorexic Kylie Minogue) taking a place on the bench and the fact that Phil Edwards (who I thinks an alright footballer) being dropped from 3 different positions, but still a regular proves.

The killing of the club is aimed at 70% the board and commercial team for being lazy and just selling another player rather than doing the jobs they are payed for and 30% Coleman for making my team an indisciplined rabble, who I struggle to relate to.

Agree with most of that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 15:33 - Dec 3 with 1449 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 09:27 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

I've been watching Dale since 1988 (home and away from 1995 to 2003) and things have been a lot worse in that time than it is at present.

I do not want JC to go. I actually think he is the perfect manager for a club our size, with our resources and with our fanbase.

That said, I don't think he is beyond reproach and his decisions are there to be questioned by the fans just like they are with any manager at any football club.

His selection is baffling at times, as are his substitutions, but we are still outperforming teams like Bristol Rovers, who have a far better squad on paper, so that tells me something is going right.

I, like you, only get to see home games nowadays (and have to travel a great distance for those when I do), so it is easier to be disgruntled, having not experienced the great away days at Gillingham, Rotherham et al.

I'm patient, and realistic, so it will take a lot for me to call for JC's head, especially having experienced the likes of Barrow, Simmo and Eyre previously.

Totally agree, especially the bit about Coleman not being beyond reproach. For me, it's very much been a mixed bag. He's been very proactive and flexible when changing the forward line, whereas he's proved stubborn on Cavanagh. I also fear that the more the fans get on his back the more he will persevere with Cavanagh as a way of proving who is in charge. However, I think the accussations of ill-discipiline are ridiculous. This current side is not a particularly dirty team. I also think that Coleman has done enough for his position not to be questioned. This is not an Eyre situation.

Either way, the habit of regularly changing managers is certainly not one we want at Rochdale.

I remember Man City in the 1980s and 1990s. Constantly chopping and changing managers. The 'knee-jerk' culture permeated down to the fans and created an environment where everything was all about getting the right manager, rather than giving a manager time or building infrastructure etc. It got that bad that two back-to-back losses and there was discontent on the terraces re the manager. How many worse Man City managers of all time have there been? They all can't have been that bad. Good managers who'd achieved things elsewhere were unable to function under the weight of what became the increasingly unrealistic expectation of instant success. Good and potentially good players were sold as different managers came in with new brooms and City went from having a side that could have competed to one that eventually ended up playing Mansfield in the Auto Windscreens.

Once a board starts chopping and changing managers the fans expectations reflect that and the answer to every bad run, bad game or bad signing is always 'a new manager'.

I totally agree that the board had to sack Eyre, but I hope it's not something we do lightly or regularly.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Login to get fewer ads

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 15:41 - Dec 3 with 1434 viewschuckleberry

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 14:56 - Dec 3 by TVOS1907

Agree with most of that.

Seconded.
Get off Colemans and Bells back on 17:11 - Dec 3 with 1391 viewssweetcorn

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:03 - Dec 3 by MoonyDale

Sweetcorn now you and I have had our share of run in's on this board and although our second half wasn't that bad on Saturday can you honestly say hand on heart that this team could go on a 10 to 15 run? If as rumours suggest that maybe both JK and Tutte will be on their way in Jan. That would rip the heart out of the midfield we currently have, I hope the talk of them leaving was wide of the mark but even with them I don't see us going on that type of run. Would love to see it like, if we hover around mid table we would be safe from the dreaded R word and anything above that would be a huge bonus. The players he's brought in are a mixed bag, Grant, Gornell, are good players. Long if he gets him would be a brilliant addition, Bennett is looking solid and can be forgiven the odd bad game as everyone has them at some point. The rest for me seem ordinary to be honest and some additions will be needed at some point, Exeter have improved vastly recently and Saturday will be tough. Followed by difficult games at Burton and Bradford, if we lose those the table could look a whole lot different come the new year..

If we make a couple of good singings in january to tighten up at the back and provide us with some options to change shape during a game (e.g some width if needed.) then yes hand on heart I could see us possibly goin on a good run.

The current team has already gone on a 7 game run earlier, so it's doable.

I don't think the sides as far away as is being made out on here.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 17:11 - Dec 3 with 1391 viewsolympicdale

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:16 - Dec 3 by SteTsGoldenBoot

okay, so you want Coleman to be sacked? and who do you propose we replace him with then, we're 9th and 5 points off the top 3 in DECEMBER, give the man a break ffs. I don't know what people want, I get the home form is bad, and had we got even 2 more home wins this messageboard would have a totally different feel.

Life is a game of fate.

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 17:26 - Dec 3 with 1379 viewstonic

John Coleman's a very good manager and I trust he will get us back up, why people are moaning is beyond me, we have a long way to go until April.
Get off Colemans and Bells back on 17:42 - Dec 3 with 1363 viewssandylaner1

for me coleman and bell have done a very good job in terms of recruitment and changing the overall team mentality and some very strong away performances reflect this

selection however I am starting to have doubts, especially at home

i know its been mentioned numerous times but why not stick with 4 4 2 as against bristol rovers which seemed to work well, just decisions like this have made me start to worry a little.

can understand those saying we are a mid table team at best, if we get a few injury's and tutte/JK go then our season could turn into mid table obscurity

we've won away at rotherham and gillingham and put in a good fightback against port vale which shows we have something

alternatively if we sign gornell and long and we pick up a few wins at home we are good enough to really kick on and cement a play off place or try for 3rd if momentum is on our side in the run in of fixtures

lillis

rafferty bennett long mcintyre

tutte cav JK

grant grimes

gornell

^ WINNER

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 17:49 - Dec 3 with 1354 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 17:11 - Dec 3 by olympicdale

okay, so you want Coleman to be sacked? and who do you propose we replace him with then, we're 9th and 5 points off the top 3 in DECEMBER, give the man a break ffs. I don't know what people want, I get the home form is bad, and had we got even 2 more home wins this messageboard would have a totally different feel.

Where did I mention sacking JC? I dont like him or the product that he is selling to me and its my choice whether I chose to purchase that product, as it was with the 500 home fans I believe (and predicted at the fans forum) we have lost.

Its not my decision, but my opinion (i know i'm not allowed one and as you put 'ffs' I now know that I am wrong) Coleman is part of the downward spiral I believe we are in!

I support the team and hope JC sorts it out and stops turning us into an Accy Stanley tribute act, however I reckon in January JK and Tutte will leave with other ex Accy players coming in.

As I keep saying, time will tell!

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 19:54 - Dec 3 with 1301 viewsTVOS1907

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 17:49 - Dec 3 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Where did I mention sacking JC? I dont like him or the product that he is selling to me and its my choice whether I chose to purchase that product, as it was with the 500 home fans I believe (and predicted at the fans forum) we have lost.

Its not my decision, but my opinion (i know i'm not allowed one and as you put 'ffs' I now know that I am wrong) Coleman is part of the downward spiral I believe we are in!

I support the team and hope JC sorts it out and stops turning us into an Accy Stanley tribute act, however I reckon in January JK and Tutte will leave with other ex Accy players coming in.

Ste, why do you keep saying "I'm not allowed an opinion"? That's a Tazzy-esque/MrsDale4Life comment!

The thing with an opinion is that some people will agree with it, some won't. Just because some people have vehemently disagreed with you, it doesn't mean you still can't express what you think.

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 20:29 - Dec 3 with 1280 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 19:54 - Dec 3 by TVOS1907

Ste, why do you keep saying "I'm not allowed an opinion"? That's a Tazzy-esque/MrsDale4Life comment!

The thing with an opinion is that some people will agree with it, some won't. Just because some people have vehemently disagreed with you, it doesn't mean you still can't express what you think.

I couldnt possibly comment on that!

But to say its Tazzy-esque/MrsDale4Life ffs is utter bollox and you need to get a grip!

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 21:02 - Dec 3 with 1261 viewsTVOS1907

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 20:29 - Dec 3 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I couldnt possibly comment on that!

But to say its Tazzy-esque/MrsDale4Life ffs is utter bollox and you need to get a grip!

Now your thought process is being called into question.

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 21:31 - Dec 3 with 1238 viewsD_Alien

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 21:02 - Dec 3 by TVOS1907

Now your thought process is being called into question.

I hope you're not intending to impose a super philosophy on Ste's thought process?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 21:59 - Dec 3 with 1217 viewsolympicdale

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 17:49 - Dec 3 by SteTsGoldenBoot

So you don't like him, or what he's serving up, but you don't want to sack him? think you've contradicted yourself there, were you one of the ones delighted with his original appointment.

Life is a game of fate.

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 23:11 - Dec 3 with 1194 viewsD_Alien

Again,I think the point of this thread has been missed.

Isn't the OP implying that Coleman and Bell have one back between them?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 19:15 - Dec 4 with 1111 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 21:59 - Dec 3 by olympicdale

So you don't like him, or what he's serving up, but you don't want to sack him? think you've contradicted yourself there, were you one of the ones delighted with his original appointment.

The clue was here "I support the team and hope JC sorts it out "

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 19:21 - Dec 4 with 1095 views442Dale

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 19:15 - Dec 4 by SteTsGoldenBoot

The clue was here "I support the team and hope JC sorts it out "

Most of us do.

But if anyone thought someone had killed/was killing the club, it'd be disappointing if fans then wanted them to do well.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 19:43 - Dec 4 with 1078 viewsmidlandsdale

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 14:23 - Dec 2 by ChaffRAFC

I've not posted much on here since last night because I've been stuck for how to put my point across but you've gone and done it for me.

Fantastic post which is 100% bang on.

I will second that, top post. Issues are many but we are hardly languishing in the bottom 5!
Get off Colemans and Bells back on 20:14 - Dec 4 with 1064 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 19:21 - Dec 4 by 442Dale

Most of us do.

But if anyone thought someone had killed/was killing the club, it'd be disappointing if fans then wanted them to do well.

I guess I must love the club more than I hate what I feel JC is doing to our club.

I hope more than anything that I am over reacting, but I really do think that we could be on a very sticky wicket in the next few months.

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 20:51 - Dec 4 with 1044 viewsDoris

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 20:14 - Dec 4 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I guess I must love the club more than I hate what I feel JC is doing to our club.

I hope more than anything that I am over reacting, but I really do think that we could be on a very sticky wicket in the next few months.

Over the past few days your pain is very evident and with just cause.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024