Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
at last Hoilett is official 11:25 - Jul 27 with 20860 viewsFerdy

see the photos on the official homepage.
at last Hoilett is official on 14:14 - Jul 27 with 1968 viewsTW_R

at last Hoilett is official on 12:50 - Jul 27 by westolian

I tend not to name plants and shrubbery after real people

Its just a rule i've got !

I've got 12 inches, but I don't use it as a rule.
at last Hoilett is official on 15:00 - Jul 27 with 1856 viewsNorthernr

at last Hoilett is official on 13:27 - Jul 27 by WestbourneR

But Northern you are making this about 'like' and 'dislike'. Its all too emotive.

I am saying its about ability.

Mackie lacks ability to be a in the starting eleven for an ambitious Prem team for my mind.

I don't mind grafters in certan positions but a Wing Forward needs to have skill crossing and passing.

And a central midfielder needs to retain possession far better than Barton does (without getting into what an absolute ars he is), but you'll make excuses for him. It just seems odd, that's all.
at last Hoilett is official on 15:05 - Jul 27 with 1833 viewsSomersetHoops

at last Hoilett is official on 12:45 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Well, again you're ignoring that Hoilett is a left winger and Mackie a right winger, but besides that Barton a good keeper of the ball? He gives away possession like sweets at a kids' birthday party!

North I agree with you Barton is a good tackler but his free kicks and passing accuracy have been exceptionally poor during his time at QPR. He really isn't worth the trouble he causes and the very poor image he brings to the club. This will not go down well with our new Asian fans and I hope as a result the board will agree with MH that its worth paying to kick him out.

Great news about Hoilett though I wish the club could be a bit more straightforward over the way they give out information and I don't think he threatens Mackie's position.

As we get closer to the start line I would like to see more of those who are not going to be involved clutter off.

Who's Next?

at last Hoilett is official on 15:22 - Jul 27 with 1785 viewsJAPRANGERS

wow, fantastic! Hope this isn't all a dream and Hall and Dave still rule the roost
at last Hoilett is official on 15:23 - Jul 27 with 1779 viewsWestbourneR

Northern sometimes people's opinions are or may seem odd. There is no other agenda at work - not sure if that is what you are suggesting, but I can assure there isn't.

Essentially Barton has proven at many clubs that he can be excellent at retaining possession. Man City and Newcastle = England caps. Remember we didn't sign him thinking he was rubbish.

I also believe in many of our games he made a huge number of good crisp short passes. Yes sometimes he's had a stinker and yes he should keep the Hollywood passes to a minimum. He also constantly shows for the ball which is so important.

You say I am harsh on Mackie but you are far too kind to him. If you criticised him for every time he ran off blindly with the ball with his head down and lost the possession then you'd be criticising him almost as much as you pick on Barton.

I am sure Opta stats would prove Barton does more good than he is given credit for.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

at last Hoilett is official on 15:29 - Jul 27 with 1757 viewsbarbicanranger

Awesome signing, I believe Junior is capable of being a top 4 premier league side player so his signing is a massive coup for us (still cant believe we've got a player of his calibre ahead of other sides in the league) not to mention his young age...I really look forward to see him play for us.

Boom, boom, boom let me hear you say Junior Hoilett!
at last Hoilett is official on 15:30 - Jul 27 with 1741 viewsA40Bosh

We've signed Junior Hoilett
He'd better not be toilet
La La La La
La La La Laaaaaarrrr

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

at last Hoilett is official on 15:33 - Jul 27 with 1728 viewsNov77

http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/new-chant-for-qpr-match

devastating repartee!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

at last Hoilett is official on 15:33 - Jul 27 with 1725 viewsJAPRANGERS

frightening to think what our weekly wage bill now amounts to? Hope Mr Mittal's wallet is firmly open.
at last Hoilett is official on 15:34 - Jul 27 with 1712 viewsW7Ranger

at last Hoilett is official on 15:30 - Jul 27 by A40Bosh

We've signed Junior Hoilett
He'd better not be toilet
La La La La
La La La Laaaaaarrrr

at last Hoilett is official on 15:35 - Jul 27 with 1716 viewsJAPRANGERS

at last Hoilett is official on 15:33 - Jul 27 by Nov77

http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/new-chant-for-qpr-match

devastating repartee!

oh christ how pathetic can you get?
at last Hoilett is official on 15:39 - Jul 27 with 1698 viewsJamie

Now that its officially official, great signing, quick, tricky, can do his man on the outside or cut inside, great shot on him, can play left wing, right wing, up top, behind the striker. The very epitomy of versatility. An absolutely fantastic signing regardless of the fee set at tribunal.
at last Hoilett is official on 15:40 - Jul 27 with 1698 viewsPommyhoop

at last Hoilett is official on 15:35 - Jul 27 by JAPRANGERS

oh christ how pathetic can you get?

They can get worse than that .Have you seen the statue outside their ground?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

at last Hoilett is official on 15:40 - Jul 27 with 1694 viewsNorthernr

at last Hoilett is official on 15:23 - Jul 27 by WestbourneR

Northern sometimes people's opinions are or may seem odd. There is no other agenda at work - not sure if that is what you are suggesting, but I can assure there isn't.

Essentially Barton has proven at many clubs that he can be excellent at retaining possession. Man City and Newcastle = England caps. Remember we didn't sign him thinking he was rubbish.

I also believe in many of our games he made a huge number of good crisp short passes. Yes sometimes he's had a stinker and yes he should keep the Hollywood passes to a minimum. He also constantly shows for the ball which is so important.

You say I am harsh on Mackie but you are far too kind to him. If you criticised him for every time he ran off blindly with the ball with his head down and lost the possession then you'd be criticising him almost as much as you pick on Barton.

I am sure Opta stats would prove Barton does more good than he is given credit for.

Wasn't it the Opta stats that said he'd given away more passes than any other player in the Premier league last year? And it's England cap singular.

I thought Barton was a good signing, and I didn't think Mackie would step up to the Premier League. The facts to the contrary are there for all to see.
at last Hoilett is official on 15:42 - Jul 27 with 1687 viewsPommyhoop

at last Hoilett is official on 15:39 - Jul 27 by Jamie

Now that its officially official, great signing, quick, tricky, can do his man on the outside or cut inside, great shot on him, can play left wing, right wing, up top, behind the striker. The very epitomy of versatility. An absolutely fantastic signing regardless of the fee set at tribunal.

Him and Cisse are gonna spark like a fork in a microwave

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

at last Hoilett is official on 15:44 - Jul 27 with 1671 viewsW7Ranger

at last Hoilett is official on 15:42 - Jul 27 by Pommyhoop

Him and Cisse are gonna spark like a fork in a microwave

Exciting prospect isn't it???
at last Hoilett is official on 15:45 - Jul 27 with 1672 viewsWestbourneR

We've signed Junior Hoillet
But we've not got new toilets
La la la laaaa
la la la laaaa

or more likely...

We've got Junior Hoillet
Your team is toilet.
La la la laaaa
la la la laaaa

at last Hoilett is official on 15:45 - Jul 27 with 1670 viewsdaveB

Mackies performance against Spurs said it all for me, he slaughtered that left back who is a decent player, he's improved under Hughes and will get better,
at last Hoilett is official on 15:46 - Jul 27 with 1661 viewsW7Ranger

at last Hoilett is official on 15:45 - Jul 27 by daveB

Mackies performance against Spurs said it all for me, he slaughtered that left back who is a decent player, he's improved under Hughes and will get better,

Well said. Played a massive part in our survival last season!
at last Hoilett is official on 15:49 - Jul 27 with 1649 viewsNorthernr

at last Hoilett is official on 15:40 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Wasn't it the Opta stats that said he'd given away more passes than any other player in the Premier league last year? And it's England cap singular.

I thought Barton was a good signing, and I didn't think Mackie would step up to the Premier League. The facts to the contrary are there for all to see.

Answer my own question, yes it was...

When compared to the top four teams...

"The main area where Joey Barton lets himself down though compared to the other midfielders is his pass completion percentage. Barton’s passes find the other player only 68.03% of the time which is an astonishing 17.62% below his nearest competitor Aaron Ramsey."

When compared to the bottom four teams...
"Barton again falls short in the terms of successful passes to his teammates as he is a whopping 15.15% behind his closest rival Reo-Coker and 18.29% behind McCarthy who scored highest in this comparison."

http://www.eplindex.com/12241/joey-barton-criticised-opta-stats-analysis.html
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
at last Hoilett is official on 15:50 - Jul 27 with 1657 viewsA40Bosh

at last Hoilett is official on 15:46 - Jul 27 by W7Ranger

Well said. Played a massive part in our survival last season!

Ooh, played "a massive part" did he sir?
Do you like a massive part sir, do you sir?
Ooh, suit you Mr W7 sir!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

at last Hoilett is official on 15:53 - Jul 27 with 1646 viewsW7Ranger

at last Hoilett is official on 15:50 - Jul 27 by A40Bosh

Ooh, played "a massive part" did he sir?
Do you like a massive part sir, do you sir?
Ooh, suit you Mr W7 sir!

at last Hoilett is official on 15:54 - Jul 27 with 1646 viewsNeil_SI

at last Hoilett is official on 15:23 - Jul 27 by WestbourneR

Barton did his best work for Newcastle when he was out on the right side of midfield, but then, that kind of makes sense to me because when you're there it limits your passing choice and forces you to play to players at specific angles.

The long ball forward, the diagonal, is also usually easier to play from out wide, and when you've a big striker like Andy Carroll to aim for, it also makes your success rate of potentially reaching him with your ball higher.

Seeing him at close quarters has allowed me to make up my own mind though. I have to say I've been really surprised and somewhat shocked at how poor he's been, given his perceived pedigree and experience. But he's not the only one. I expected far, far more and think the main problems is the lack of basics and decision making that makes for good football players.

He seldom plays a short passing game and that's his biggest problem. He would be a million times better if he did, because it makes him a much much much more effective player in terms of ball retention and contribution to the side. But he ignores it, and my impression is because he perceives it as too simple and that he should be doing something more sophisticated, missing the whole point of how sophisticated that kind of style and discipline actually is.

The best players out there play the right pass at the right time, whether it's simple or not, but always to put the next man in a better position on the ball. I've rarely seen Barton be able to do that, and at times, he was so central to our play and so poor that he caused the entire system and formation to collapse and implode on itself. A smart footballer also realises that and knows how to change their game to adapt, especially if you're having a bad day. One or two wayward and stray passes, fair enough, but when it's not your day you've got to get to grips with yourself, keep it short and sweet, block build and then become a cog so that you support other players in form when you're not in form.

All of these things, he just doesn't have in his locker. That's why I don't think he has provided value for us. It's nothing about his tweets, or the image for the club, and so on...a bad boy can sometimes help you on the pitch by way of personality and winning mentality, but to do that, you need to have some of the above and demonstrate some nous and he's not really been able to.

Mackie, playing out wide, is somewhat out of the way in terms of structure, so wide players tend to be able to make more mistakes, but also allowed to because of the position on the pitch is less dangerous than in the middle. It's also a brave position, where a player is asked to take on a man and try and beat him. Lots of players struggle to do that, even in the Premier League. If you watch them, they can't beat a man or don't believe in themselves, or they always use passing and movement to try and progress up the pitch without actually taking someone on. Mackie will just keep going at you time and time again, never afraid to have another go and that's a real admirable trait. He has his flaws, and boy does he have a lot, but he's proven that even with those flaws everything else in his game actually makes him effective and have a positive impact. And he never tried to pretend that he's anything but himself and that's also a quality that's often overlooked. He makes no bones about who he is, where he's come from or what his level is - he just goes out there to give his all and I bleeding well love him for it.
at last Hoilett is official on 15:55 - Jul 27 with 1643 viewsWestbourneR

I though the Opta said otherwise but you are far more likely to know so I conceed.

I'm sorry my views get on your tits so much Northern - but thats a football forum for you.

at last Hoilett is official on 15:57 - Jul 27 with 1627 viewsW7Ranger

at last Hoilett is official on 15:54 - Jul 27 by Neil_SI

Barton did his best work for Newcastle when he was out on the right side of midfield, but then, that kind of makes sense to me because when you're there it limits your passing choice and forces you to play to players at specific angles.

The long ball forward, the diagonal, is also usually easier to play from out wide, and when you've a big striker like Andy Carroll to aim for, it also makes your success rate of potentially reaching him with your ball higher.

Seeing him at close quarters has allowed me to make up my own mind though. I have to say I've been really surprised and somewhat shocked at how poor he's been, given his perceived pedigree and experience. But he's not the only one. I expected far, far more and think the main problems is the lack of basics and decision making that makes for good football players.

He seldom plays a short passing game and that's his biggest problem. He would be a million times better if he did, because it makes him a much much much more effective player in terms of ball retention and contribution to the side. But he ignores it, and my impression is because he perceives it as too simple and that he should be doing something more sophisticated, missing the whole point of how sophisticated that kind of style and discipline actually is.

The best players out there play the right pass at the right time, whether it's simple or not, but always to put the next man in a better position on the ball. I've rarely seen Barton be able to do that, and at times, he was so central to our play and so poor that he caused the entire system and formation to collapse and implode on itself. A smart footballer also realises that and knows how to change their game to adapt, especially if you're having a bad day. One or two wayward and stray passes, fair enough, but when it's not your day you've got to get to grips with yourself, keep it short and sweet, block build and then become a cog so that you support other players in form when you're not in form.

All of these things, he just doesn't have in his locker. That's why I don't think he has provided value for us. It's nothing about his tweets, or the image for the club, and so on...a bad boy can sometimes help you on the pitch by way of personality and winning mentality, but to do that, you need to have some of the above and demonstrate some nous and he's not really been able to.

Mackie, playing out wide, is somewhat out of the way in terms of structure, so wide players tend to be able to make more mistakes, but also allowed to because of the position on the pitch is less dangerous than in the middle. It's also a brave position, where a player is asked to take on a man and try and beat him. Lots of players struggle to do that, even in the Premier League. If you watch them, they can't beat a man or don't believe in themselves, or they always use passing and movement to try and progress up the pitch without actually taking someone on. Mackie will just keep going at you time and time again, never afraid to have another go and that's a real admirable trait. He has his flaws, and boy does he have a lot, but he's proven that even with those flaws everything else in his game actually makes him effective and have a positive impact. And he never tried to pretend that he's anything but himself and that's also a quality that's often overlooked. He makes no bones about who he is, where he's come from or what his level is - he just goes out there to give his all and I bleeding well love him for it.

Brilliants post!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024