Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Charlton away 18:51 - Nov 21 with 14465 views442Dale

No Rafferty. Gillam starts.

Massive call.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 18:52]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Charlton away on 13:04 - Nov 22 with 1637 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Charlton away on 12:41 - Nov 22 by nordenblue

It's fine to say the club should do this and that but like you say we are saying this without knowing even any of the facts.

You've posed a question or a statement so please back it up with a reasoned answer,if you sacked him now give me 3 better managers for the club,factor in the umpteen years wed have to pay Hilly off too?

His constant success here would lead me to believe he is certainly the right man to turn it around without a shadow of a doubt,if that involves in stint in league 2 then so be it, but what we def don't want to be is a club constantly chopping and changing as a knee jerk reaction to a few bad results and paying off managers/players left right and centre........our success has been based largely on a foundation of stability

We are in uncharted territory with regards to our success. The board won the lottery and struck gold when they sacked Parkin and installed Hill as the interim manager in 2006. Nobody would have predicted Hill would have took us from relegation that Christmas to just missing out on the play-offs, wembley the season after and then promotion after that. Its was Hills skill as a manager rather then any great work of the board.He might turn our results around yet I hope he does but nobody in any industry should be unsackable .I would hope that that the board would appoint somebody decent even though in all likleyhood they would appoint trash on the cheap like Coleman or Eyre. Is it the case where by the board and some of the fans are basically saying its Hill or bust and people have to endure this style of football and these results until the end of the season? If thats the case whats the point in even going the games? Your right we Wouldn't attract anybody better then Hill. That is not a positive when you put it in a wider context.
Match thread: Charlton away on 13:20 - Nov 22 with 1586 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Charlton away on 13:04 - Nov 22 by rochdale_ranger

We are in uncharted territory with regards to our success. The board won the lottery and struck gold when they sacked Parkin and installed Hill as the interim manager in 2006. Nobody would have predicted Hill would have took us from relegation that Christmas to just missing out on the play-offs, wembley the season after and then promotion after that. Its was Hills skill as a manager rather then any great work of the board.He might turn our results around yet I hope he does but nobody in any industry should be unsackable .I would hope that that the board would appoint somebody decent even though in all likleyhood they would appoint trash on the cheap like Coleman or Eyre. Is it the case where by the board and some of the fans are basically saying its Hill or bust and people have to endure this style of football and these results until the end of the season? If thats the case whats the point in even going the games? Your right we Wouldn't attract anybody better then Hill. That is not a positive when you put it in a wider context.

We were all perfectly fine "enduring" the performances by previous teams put out season on season by this very same manager,now suddenly after a bad start he's crap,not up to the job and let's get rid?!!!..Staggering

Put it in wider context we've NEVER previously had or dare say it NEVER will have a greater manager either,be VERY careful what you wish for as theres an awful lot of shite managers out there but youre struggling to think of many better suited to us?
Match thread: Charlton away on 13:21 - Nov 22 with 1582 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Charlton away on 13:04 - Nov 22 by rochdale_ranger

Coleman certainly wasn't cheap. Hill made it perfectly clear when he returned he couldn't believe the amounts he was given and wasted.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Charlton away on 13:39 - Nov 22 with 1555 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Charlton away on 13:20 - Nov 22 by nordenblue

We were all perfectly fine "enduring" the performances by previous teams put out season on season by this very same manager,now suddenly after a bad start he's crap,not up to the job and let's get rid?!!!..Staggering

Put it in wider context we've NEVER previously had or dare say it NEVER will have a greater manager either,be VERY careful what you wish for as theres an awful lot of shite managers out there but youre struggling to think of many better suited to us?

Hills the best football manager we have ever had. No doubt. Maybe he's lost his sparkle it happens. All I have said is we should contemplate getting someone else in January if we are in the same position. Quite a moderate position compared to some posters on here who would probably fire him on Saturday if Borough beat us. You think we should keep Hill no matter how far down the footballing ladder we go .
Match thread: Charlton away on 16:33 - Nov 22 with 1450 viewsAddick2017

Charlton fan here, Thought your boys played very well last night and deserved at least a point if not all 3!

Calvin Andrew was absolutely superb and won everything

We have played many many teams worse than you guys this year and i hope your fortunes can turn! You've got a great manager in Hill who knows the league very well.

Good luck for the rest of the season!
Match thread: Charlton away on 16:55 - Nov 22 with 1424 viewsShun

Match thread: Charlton away on 16:33 - Nov 22 by Addick2017

Charlton fan here, Thought your boys played very well last night and deserved at least a point if not all 3!

Calvin Andrew was absolutely superb and won everything

We have played many many teams worse than you guys this year and i hope your fortunes can turn! You've got a great manager in Hill who knows the league very well.

Good luck for the rest of the season!

Thanks for those words. It's easy to see things with negative eyes when we're entrenched in a poor season, so it's always good to get opposition fans' views!
Match thread: Charlton away on 17:03 - Nov 22 with 1421 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Charlton away on 08:48 - Nov 22 by oddjob007

"Give him until Jan" - wow. Get a grip.

He did n't say which January though...!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024