Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back.... 19:29 - Aug 15 with 17333 viewsChaffRAFC

...but wish I hadn't. Would loved to have stayed over like the hundreds of others doing but some of us have to work tomorrow unfortunately.

A fantastic day, with a fantastic result as well.

Again, Viva Donal-do ran away with the plaudits with another goal and another good display. Got taken off again but didn't have his hands on his knees as much today so maybe he's getting fitter. If we can get this lad fully fit, we have a frighteningly good player on our hands.

Thought we defended well again for the most part and special mentions for Joe Rafferty who I thought played really well, and Michael Rose who was excellent when he came on for TK. Also, Rhys Bennett when he came on looked superb.

Great to see Henderson off the mark for this season.

Blackpool offered glimpses and caused a few problems in the first half before we got the lead and got control of the game but they could well be in deep bother this season.

Thought the travelling Dale fans were fantastic throughout and made loads of noise. I can't make most away games but games like today make me wish I could be at every one of them again.

I've been to Bloomfield Road loads of times and never seen us win there before today so that was a nice change. We've started the season brilliantly and that can only give us all encouragement.

Was again surprised to see Bunney in the side but maybe I shouldn't be because Hill obviously sees something in him that we are blind to. For me, he's not good enough and was quite poor today as well but Hill is the mastermind so whatever he says, I'll go with.

Great day, even more so with Lancs winning in the T20 on the way home as well.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Just got back.... on 07:25 - Aug 16 with 7973 viewsBeckWMG

Good post apart from the comments on Bunney. Why would you single out a player that's started every game and played his heart out. The lad just needs a goal.

Vincente has been average last two games but is untouchable in terms of criticism because he wins headers.

Think some people like yourself forget how young these players are and that they train hard and are trying to improve all the time.
Wonder how many times Hendo was written off by fans in his younger years. Players don't all develop at the same speeds.

We haven't got a poor player in the squad at the moment and every single player deserves credit for the start to the season. Not just the starting 11.

Special mention to Josh Lillis yesterday. Another player who's taken a lot of stick from the fans including myself. Made 3 crucial one on one saves yesterday that ultimately won us the points.

Looking forward to Tuesday.

UP THE DALE
Just got back.... on 07:45 - Aug 16 with 7689 viewsChaffRAFC

Just got back.... on 07:25 - Aug 16 by BeckWMG

Good post apart from the comments on Bunney. Why would you single out a player that's started every game and played his heart out. The lad just needs a goal.

Vincente has been average last two games but is untouchable in terms of criticism because he wins headers.

Think some people like yourself forget how young these players are and that they train hard and are trying to improve all the time.
Wonder how many times Hendo was written off by fans in his younger years. Players don't all develop at the same speeds.

We haven't got a poor player in the squad at the moment and every single player deserves credit for the start to the season. Not just the starting 11.

Special mention to Josh Lillis yesterday. Another player who's taken a lot of stick from the fans including myself. Made 3 crucial one on one saves yesterday that ultimately won us the points.

UP THE DALE

Agree about Lillis. Not foot a foot wrong and has started the season off very well too.

Disagree about Bunney but can't all agree on everything can we. Vincenti isn't untouchable but he scores goals and offers a lot more in my opinion.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Just got back.... on 08:50 - Aug 16 with 7545 viewsnordenblue

Just got back.... on 07:25 - Aug 16 by BeckWMG

UP THE DALE

The difference is players like Peter V have done class things in a dale shirt consistently so whenever they have a dip in form its acceptable,the same can't be said about Bunney.
I wouldnt use age as a place to hide,theres a lad playing regularly in the prem at 16,obviously Hill sees something in him to keep picking him,im struggling to see what.
Just got back.... on 08:50 - Aug 16 with 7546 viewsBeckWMG

Still baffled. He worked his socks off for 90 mins yesterday tracking back all the time giving support to Rose.
Got into more goal scoring position than Vincente as well.

Can't please some people.
Just got back.... on 08:57 - Aug 16 with 7513 viewsnordenblue

Just got back.... on 08:50 - Aug 16 by BeckWMG

Still baffled. He worked his socks off for 90 mins yesterday tracking back all the time giving support to Rose.

George used to run around a lot too and work hard,he's found his level tbf.
Why the comparison to Vincente he's not in the same league talent wise as him and doesnt offer the team anywhere near as much
Just got back.... on 09:03 - Aug 16 with 7402 viewsAtThePeake

Just got back.... on 08:50 - Aug 16 by BeckWMG

You can't use age as an excuse when we're seeing brilliant performances from the likes of Jamie Allen and Andy Cannon who are both younger than Bunney. I'm struggling to see what he offers at all. He never gets past a man, he can't win any headers despite his height, he never takes shots on from distance. That cross into the side-netting from about 3 yards was Sunday League stuff.

The only disappointment in what was otherwise a terrific performance. Chaff, you're spot on about McDermott. What a player he could be - how does Hilly do it?

Tangled up in blue.

Just got back.... on 09:04 - Aug 16 with 7400 viewsBeckWMG

An obvious comparison as they play a similar role albeit on the opposite side of the pitch.
If we followed your view then as I said earlier Hendo would have been cast aside years ago.

You gain zero from slating a player. Rather than generalise can you add to the thread (using yesterday's game as a marker) why Bunney deserved the above comments?
Just got back.... on 09:04 - Aug 16 with 7398 viewsColDale

Thought it was our weakest performance out of the three so far. Had we played with the same intensity as we did against Posh and Cov, we'd have scored a hatful. Blackpool looked every bit as awful as I expected, but its worth remembering they've spent significantly more than we have this Summer - didn't their front two cost £180,000 each?
Login to get fewer ads

Just got back.... on 09:13 - Aug 16 with 7352 viewsnordenblue

Just got back.... on 09:04 - Aug 16 by BeckWMG

An obvious comparison as they play a similar role albeit on the opposite side of the pitch.
If we followed your view then as I said earlier Hendo would have been cast aside years ago.

You gain zero from slating a player. Rather than generalise can you add to the thread (using yesterday's game as a marker) why Bunney deserved the above comments?

How can mentioning specific players be generalising?As others have mentioned theres enough evidence to suggest he's not our best option and never will be regardless how much running around he does.
Using your analogy why dont you add to the thread and talk about what Hendo did yesterday and not something that may have occured over a decade ago?
For the record Hendo was cutting his teeth at Norwich at a younger age than Bunney and played at national level for his age group,hardly a bad start to a career?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 9:21]
Just got back.... on 09:31 - Aug 16 with 7291 viewsBeckWMG

Just got back.... on 09:13 - Aug 16 by nordenblue

How can mentioning specific players be generalising?As others have mentioned theres enough evidence to suggest he's not our best option and never will be regardless how much running around he does.
Using your analogy why dont you add to the thread and talk about what Hendo did yesterday and not something that may have occured over a decade ago?
For the record Hendo was cutting his teeth at Norwich at a younger age than Bunney and played at national level for his age group,hardly a bad start to a career?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 9:21]

I agree with your comments about Hendo.

I take it the reason you haven't answered the specific question however is because you don't have an answer?
Just got back.... on 09:58 - Aug 16 with 7225 viewsnordenblue

Just got back.... on 09:31 - Aug 16 by BeckWMG

I agree with your comments about Hendo.

I take it the reason you haven't answered the specific question however is because you don't have an answer?

Im sure many have answered your specific question to be honest no real need to go over old ground,a player who you claim had a decent game shouldn't be hitting the side netting from 3 yards out would you not agree?
For one of the tallest players ive ever seen in a dale shirt hes appalling in the air,weak as a kitten on the ball,not really the attributes to obtain a glowing report as a footballer.
Any other points you'd like me to clarify?
Just got back.... on 10:11 - Aug 16 with 7159 views442Dale

Thought Bunney had a decent game yesterday, he's also looking a bit stronger and more aware when shielding the ball this season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back.... on 10:15 - Aug 16 with 7127 viewsfitzochris

Really wanted to go yesterday, but made my mind up not to a while ago given the uncertainty at the time and the miles I would need to travel.

Friends who were there echo what has been said here. I'll add, having watched the excellent Sky highlights, that McDermott is a fantastic set-piece taker, something I noticed against Peterborough. His deliveries into the box are first class. Very good finish for his goal, too. We need to keep him fit!

As for the Bunney debate, it must only be a matter of time before Alessandra is deemed worthy of a start.

Hilly, in his interview, mentions one or two niggles picked up during the game. One of my pals mentioned McNulty. Any ideas?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Just got back.... on 10:34 - Aug 16 with 7049 viewsAtThePeake

Just got back.... on 10:15 - Aug 16 by fitzochris

Really wanted to go yesterday, but made my mind up not to a while ago given the uncertainty at the time and the miles I would need to travel.

Friends who were there echo what has been said here. I'll add, having watched the excellent Sky highlights, that McDermott is a fantastic set-piece taker, something I noticed against Peterborough. His deliveries into the box are first class. Very good finish for his goal, too. We need to keep him fit!

As for the Bunney debate, it must only be a matter of time before Alessandra is deemed worthy of a start.

Hilly, in his interview, mentions one or two niggles picked up during the game. One of my pals mentioned McNulty. Any ideas?

He went down for a while when we were on the attack early on in the second half, think he went over on his ankle. Went off for treatment and came back on but it didn't seem to affect him.

Suspect Hill might rest him on Tuesday just as a precaution.

Tangled up in blue.

Just got back.... on 10:49 - Aug 16 with 6990 viewsfitzochris

Just got back.... on 10:34 - Aug 16 by AtThePeake

He went down for a while when we were on the attack early on in the second half, think he went over on his ankle. Went off for treatment and came back on but it didn't seem to affect him.

Suspect Hill might rest him on Tuesday just as a precaution.

Cheers. I suppose we have Eastham, who, prior to this season, I rated more highly than Lancashire.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Just got back.... on 10:55 - Aug 16 with 6958 viewsaleanddale

Fantastic win.. What a start to the season.

Donal-do!!! He he. Like it.

Hendo off the mark someone please put a pen in that lads hand!!

Vincenti a key player for us... Quality.

Maybe Bunny will come good as he gets to grips with league1. Brace on Tuesday please Joe!!!

Dream start roll on Tuesday.
Just got back.... on 12:08 - Aug 16 with 6829 viewsTalkingSutty

Just got back.... on 10:55 - Aug 16 by aleanddale

Fantastic win.. What a start to the season.

Donal-do!!! He he. Like it.

Hendo off the mark someone please put a pen in that lads hand!!

Vincenti a key player for us... Quality.

Maybe Bunny will come good as he gets to grips with league1. Brace on Tuesday please Joe!!!

Dream start roll on Tuesday.

The jury's still out for me on Bunney, Hilly keeps giving him a chance so he must have faith that he will come good. The lad needs a goal to lift his confidence, hopefully that will come against Walsall, once that happens i expect to see a big improvement.

It could be very misguided but I still think there is a good player in Bunney, it just needs to click.I wouldn't give up on him just yet.
Just got back.... on 12:13 - Aug 16 with 6791 viewsBeckWMG

Just got back.... on 09:58 - Aug 16 by nordenblue

Im sure many have answered your specific question to be honest no real need to go over old ground,a player who you claim had a decent game shouldn't be hitting the side netting from 3 yards out would you not agree?
For one of the tallest players ive ever seen in a dale shirt hes appalling in the air,weak as a kitten on the ball,not really the attributes to obtain a glowing report as a footballer.
Any other points you'd like me to clarify?

Yes agree he should have hit the target. That's obvious. Silly Question.

If he's one of the tallest players you've seen in a Dale shirt you can't have been a fan for that long (cue the "I've been a fan for *** years reply)

"Weak as a kitten on the ball".
You either didn't go yesterday or missed when he covered back for Rose winning the ball numerous times. This is as important if not more that putting the ball in the net, especially to KH when he talks about work rate. Maybe one of the reasons we kept another clean sheet?

Think you need to look a little closely next game.

If we slated a player every time he missed a good chance, then we'd be slating Vincente v P'boro for missing a header when easier to score and slating Andrew in the same game for missing two easier chances.

Appears to me you can't read the beautiful game very well.

NB. Being mostly a browser and not a poster I have also noticed on many occasions others have the same opinion about you too.
Just got back.... on 13:31 - Aug 16 with 6653 viewsnordenblue

Just got back.... on 12:13 - Aug 16 by BeckWMG

If he's one of the tallest players you've seen in a Dale shirt you can't have been a fan for that long (cue the "I've been a fan for *** years reply)

You either didn't go yesterday or missed when he covered back for Rose winning the ball numerous times. This is as important if not more that putting the ball in the net, especially to KH when he talks about work rate. Maybe one of the reasons we kept another clean sheet?

If we slated a player every time he missed a good chance, then we'd be slating Vincente v P'boro for missing a header when easier to score and slating Andrew in the same game for missing two easier chances.

NB. Being mostly a browser and not a poster I have also noticed on many occasions others have the same opinion about you too.

I did well then to play at semi pro level considering "i cant read the beautiful game very well",i bow down to your superior knowledge,as you will have played at a much higher level i take it and have a much better understanding?
You question the length of time ive supported the club then ridicule any possible reply,that seems very reasonable?
Your defence of clearly such a poor player is admirable but severely miss guided as your posts have backed up to perfection.
Just got back.... on 13:48 - Aug 16 with 6591 viewsBeckWMG

Just got back.... on 13:31 - Aug 16 by nordenblue

I did well then to play at semi pro level considering "i cant read the beautiful game very well",i bow down to your superior knowledge,as you will have played at a much higher level i take it and have a much better understanding?
You question the length of time ive supported the club then ridicule any possible reply,that seems very reasonable?
Your defence of clearly such a poor player is admirable but severely miss guided as your posts have backed up to perfection.

A perfect reply which again answers non of my points.

I'm sure you scored plenty for Spotland Meths in the good old days.

I'll leave it there I think!!
Just got back.... on 13:57 - Aug 16 with 6548 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Just got back.... on 12:13 - Aug 16 by BeckWMG

It is really easy to remember every mistake a player makes when they are going through a tricky patch of form as you say.

Joe has contributed this season, has worked hard and maybe his endeavour has freed up some space for Donal to work his magic.

I'm sure that Michael Rose appreciated his support yesterday.

It certainly shows how far we have come, when some think a decent young player like JB is gash!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Just got back.... on 14:32 - Aug 16 with 6421 viewsdingdangblue

In every successful team under Hilly we've always had a player who for whatever reason seems to get more stick than others, Joe Thompson, George Donnelly, Calvin Andrew, Michael Rose and now Joe Bunney seems to be the current escaped goat.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just got back.... on 14:33 - Aug 16 with 6417 viewsaleanddale

Quality post on the Blackpool site back street Henry.

The Rochdale number 24 ran the show and he made Redshaw look like Richard Osman.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 16:15]
Just got back.... on 14:43 - Aug 16 with 6382 viewsnordenblue

Just got back.... on 13:48 - Aug 16 by BeckWMG

A perfect reply which again answers non of my points.

I'm sure you scored plenty for Spotland Meths in the good old days.

I'll leave it there I think!!

Never played for Spotland Meths im afraid,but again you'll already know that with you knowing everything?
What kevel have you ever been involved within the sport to have such a superior knowledge of the game?
To answer a previous ridiculous question of yours my early days supporting the club involved watching Tony and Malcolm Brown and co so yes seen a fair few players,ill let you work the time scale out?
What other points would you like me to answer?
While its question time ill ask you one,name 2 current first team players worse than Bunney?
Just got back.... on 14:45 - Aug 16 with 6368 viewsnordenblue

Just got back.... on 14:32 - Aug 16 by dingdangblue

In every successful team under Hilly we've always had a player who for whatever reason seems to get more stick than others, Joe Thompson, George Donnelly, Calvin Andrew, Michael Rose and now Joe Bunney seems to be the current escaped goat.

The escaped goat surely needs recapturing then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024