Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back.... 19:29 - Aug 15 with 17356 viewsChaffRAFC

...but wish I hadn't. Would loved to have stayed over like the hundreds of others doing but some of us have to work tomorrow unfortunately.

A fantastic day, with a fantastic result as well.

Again, Viva Donal-do ran away with the plaudits with another goal and another good display. Got taken off again but didn't have his hands on his knees as much today so maybe he's getting fitter. If we can get this lad fully fit, we have a frighteningly good player on our hands.

Thought we defended well again for the most part and special mentions for Joe Rafferty who I thought played really well, and Michael Rose who was excellent when he came on for TK. Also, Rhys Bennett when he came on looked superb.

Great to see Henderson off the mark for this season.

Blackpool offered glimpses and caused a few problems in the first half before we got the lead and got control of the game but they could well be in deep bother this season.

Thought the travelling Dale fans were fantastic throughout and made loads of noise. I can't make most away games but games like today make me wish I could be at every one of them again.

I've been to Bloomfield Road loads of times and never seen us win there before today so that was a nice change. We've started the season brilliantly and that can only give us all encouragement.

Was again surprised to see Bunney in the side but maybe I shouldn't be because Hill obviously sees something in him that we are blind to. For me, he's not good enough and was quite poor today as well but Hill is the mastermind so whatever he says, I'll go with.

Great day, even more so with Lancs winning in the T20 on the way home as well.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Just got back.... on 14:09 - Aug 17 with 4269 viewsDaleiLama

Just got back.... on 14:01 - Aug 17 by Rosun

Anyone seen Tazzy?

He posted a prediction earlier so the Lancashire constabulary have ruled him out of their investigation!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Just got back.... on 14:59 - Aug 17 with 4144 viewsAtThePeake

Just got back.... on 14:07 - Aug 17 by DaleiLama

Don't know which side-netting was being referred to, but Bunney shoots from a very acute angle on 55s in this clip. Even his harshest critics (me included) wouldn't expect a goal from there, although a pull back may have been a better option (easy to say in hindsight).
He also forces a save from the keeper at 1:35s from outside the box with a very decent strike.
It's only 3m of action and two chances that he had, but he didn't disgrace himself by any means based on that scant evidence.
Blackpool also got a cross off and a header in towards the end of the highlights, but you can see Bunney sprinting back to try to stop it. No one can fault his effort and based on Keith's BBC post-match interview about running, I suspect this is why Bunney keeps cracking the starting XI.

http://www.skysports.com/football/blackpool-vs-rochdale/report/340096

Wasn't that, was in the second half. Had the ball from a tight angle about 4 yards from goal but instead of drilling it across the box or pulling it out of the box to a man in space he chipped it into the side-netting.

That goal against Northampton is a great goal, but for any of our good players you wouldn't have to pick out one individual moment from a two year spell to show how good they are.

Tangled up in blue.

Just got back.... on 15:03 - Aug 17 with 4134 viewsTTNYear

Just got back.... on 13:52 - Aug 17 by AtThePeake

Maybe I don't remember any of the shots from distance cause he's been playing for us for two years now and I can't remember any shot from outside the box either hitting the net or forcing a proper save out of a goalkeeper.

To be totally fair, it probably was a 7/10 performance for Joe Bunney.

But a 7/10 performance for Bunney would be a 4/10 performance for the rest of our players.

Like I said, and I think we are going to have to agree to disagree about Saturday's performance. 2 shots one saved is alright for a wide right forward. Can't think of Vincenti having that many at Blackpool tbh.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Just got back.... on 15:22 - Aug 17 with 4064 viewsdingdangblue

Just got back.... on 14:59 - Aug 17 by AtThePeake

Wasn't that, was in the second half. Had the ball from a tight angle about 4 yards from goal but instead of drilling it across the box or pulling it out of the box to a man in space he chipped it into the side-netting.

That goal against Northampton is a great goal, but for any of our good players you wouldn't have to pick out one individual moment from a two year spell to show how good they are.

It doesn't prove how good he is you are right. But you claimed you couldn't remember him shooting outside the box or forcing any keeper to save so it was just to remind you.
He is a long way from being a decent player and at the minute is being outshone by Allen,Cannon and Camps out of our young starters but Hilly obviously see's someone who he is currently happy with and who is doing the job he asks of him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just got back.... on 17:30 - Aug 17 with 3951 viewsmidlandsdale

If Joe keeps starting, and we keep winning, Im happy, Hilly is happy, Joe is happy and even Hendo is happy!
Just got back.... on 18:48 - Aug 17 with 3815 viewsDickydaler

Just got back.... on 17:30 - Aug 17 by midlandsdale

If Joe keeps starting, and we keep winning, Im happy, Hilly is happy, Joe is happy and even Hendo is happy!

I'm with you midlandsdale!
Just got back.... on 20:57 - Aug 17 with 3639 viewsKenBoon

J-Bun did just fine on Saturday. He caused them problems and had a few good efforts, one their keeper did well to save. Sadly for him, whilst Lillis is doing the bizzo, J-Bun will pick up the scapegoat role. Some people gotta have an moan.
Just got back.... on 10:33 - Aug 18 with 3340 viewsBeckWMG

Just got back.... on 20:57 - Aug 17 by KenBoon

J-Bun did just fine on Saturday. He caused them problems and had a few good efforts, one their keeper did well to save. Sadly for him, whilst Lillis is doing the bizzo, J-Bun will pick up the scapegoat role. Some people gotta have an moan.

Well said. There is always a scapegoat. Think the key is what does the management ask the players to do in their respective roles. I would imagine Bunney has done exactly what's asked of him every game so far.

And I note a poster points to PV's display. I don't think he's hit the ground running by a long chalk.

Saying that I do think there may be a couple of changes tonight given our next two games are tough.

UP THE DALE
Login to get fewer ads

Just got back.... on 13:15 - Aug 18 with 3157 viewsJimmyRustler

I realise that I'm late to the party but on the subject of height, Rhys Bennett has to be our tallest player. If he's only 6"3 then my Auntie Margaret has a 12 incher. I remember watching him mark both Matt Smith and Nuihu or whatever his name is (not in the same game obv) and he was roughly the same height as the pair and they're both around the 6"6 mark.

As for Bunney, I want him to do well but he's a striker who can't hold the ball up, is aerially inept and doesn't score goals. I get the feeling he scores rabonas from the halfway line in training though.
Just got back.... on 14:12 - Aug 18 with 3069 viewsaleanddale

Think I will to on bunny watch tonight.... Not to be critical but to appreciate all the good stuff he does for the team.

I think he will get better and better with more game time.

Give the lad a break... Let's get 100% behind the lads tonight and cheer them onto a victory.
Just got back.... on 15:15 - Aug 18 with 3019 viewsnordenblue

Just got back.... on 10:33 - Aug 18 by BeckWMG

Well said. There is always a scapegoat. Think the key is what does the management ask the players to do in their respective roles. I would imagine Bunney has done exactly what's asked of him every game so far.

And I note a poster points to PV's display. I don't think he's hit the ground running by a long chalk.

Saying that I do think there may be a couple of changes tonight given our next two games are tough.

UP THE DALE

Your constant comparison to Peter V is amazing,Bunney is yet to do a thing of note in a Dale shirt compared with a very consistent player who's streets ahead in every aspect of his game,
Just got back.... on 15:57 - Aug 18 with 2935 viewsdingdangblue

Just got back.... on 13:15 - Aug 18 by JimmyRustler

I realise that I'm late to the party but on the subject of height, Rhys Bennett has to be our tallest player. If he's only 6"3 then my Auntie Margaret has a 12 incher. I remember watching him mark both Matt Smith and Nuihu or whatever his name is (not in the same game obv) and he was roughly the same height as the pair and they're both around the 6"6 mark.

As for Bunney, I want him to do well but he's a striker who can't hold the ball up, is aerially inept and doesn't score goals. I get the feeling he scores rabonas from the halfway line in training though.

Matt smith is 6ft 6. Rhys is 6ft 3. Look at this seasons team photo if you want. Rhys is stood next to Calvin Andrew who is 6ft 2 - they look around the same height give or take an inch.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Just got back.... on 19:06 - Aug 18 with 2792 viewsfitzochris

Bunney starts on the bench tonight.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Just got back.... on 19:13 - Aug 18 with 2768 viewsdingdangblue

Just got back.... on 19:06 - Aug 18 by fitzochris

Lets hope he doesn't bang his head on the dugout.

Just got back.... on 19:25 - Aug 18 with 2738 viewsrichfoad32

Just got back.... on 19:06 - Aug 18 by fitzochris

Who's in for him?
Just got back.... on 19:35 - Aug 18 with 2704 viewsfitzochris

Just got back.... on 19:25 - Aug 18 by richfoad32

Who's in for him?

Bennett has come into the team.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Just got back.... on 19:38 - Aug 18 with 2682 viewsSuddenLad

Just got back.... on 19:35 - Aug 18 by fitzochris

Bennett has come into the team.

Collis, Eastham, Andrew, Alessandra, Tanser, Rose, Bunney make up the subs,

Tanser replaces RNL at the last moment. No reason given.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Just got back.... on 19:38 - Aug 18 with 2681 viewsJimmyRustler

Just got back.... on 15:57 - Aug 18 by dingdangblue

Matt smith is 6ft 6. Rhys is 6ft 3. Look at this seasons team photo if you want. Rhys is stood next to Calvin Andrew who is 6ft 2 - they look around the same height give or take an inch.

The listed heights are bullshit. It's a well known fact that the internet is unreliable in this regard. Andrew is more 6 3 and Bennett looks 2 inches taller on that pic. Let me put it this way, I'm 6 1 and I met Bennett last year in the Dale bar after promotion and he towered me.
Just got back.... on 19:39 - Aug 18 with 2668 viewsSuddenLad

Just got back.... on 19:38 - Aug 18 by JimmyRustler

The listed heights are bullshit. It's a well known fact that the internet is unreliable in this regard. Andrew is more 6 3 and Bennett looks 2 inches taller on that pic. Let me put it this way, I'm 6 1 and I met Bennett last year in the Dale bar after promotion and he towered me.

You should have stood up.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Just got back.... on 23:46 - Aug 18 with 2561 viewsJimmyRustler

Just got back.... on 19:39 - Aug 18 by SuddenLad

You should have stood up.

Had I not been ever so slightly inebriated I may have done :D
Just got back.... on 23:57 - Aug 18 with 2533 viewsdingdangblue

Just got back.... on 19:38 - Aug 18 by JimmyRustler

Seriously? This seasons team photo? Bennett and Andrew stood next to each other are almost identical heights. 2 inches taller? Think you need a trip to Specsavers.

Just got back.... on 00:46 - Aug 19 with 2489 viewsJimmyRustler

Just got back.... on 23:57 - Aug 18 by dingdangblue

Seriously? This seasons team photo? Bennett and Andrew stood next to each other are almost identical heights. 2 inches taller? Think you need a trip to Specsavers.

I saw last seasons and I just assumed that their height would be the same, seeing as they are both fully grown adults. Maybe it's all about perspective? One things for sure, Bennett is well over 6 3.
Just got back.... on 01:10 - Aug 19 with 2465 viewsdingdangblue

Just got back.... on 00:46 - Aug 19 by JimmyRustler

I saw last seasons and I just assumed that their height would be the same, seeing as they are both fully grown adults. Maybe it's all about perspective? One things for sure, Bennett is well over 6 3.

Rochdale AFC:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/team/player-profile/rhys-bennett/3

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024