Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Subs 18:26 - Oct 19 with 1675 viewssaint22

Although there are many reasons why RM should go his endlessly poor substitutions are a major one
He has been out thought by opposing managers subs so many times
Always reactive never proactive
Subs on 19:19 - Oct 19 with 1549 viewskingslandstand1

What gets me is that surely he discusses this sort of thing with his coaching staff?
Yes he's the main man there but can they not see what he's doing is not working?
Subs on 19:31 - Oct 19 with 1505 viewssaint22

Subs on 19:19 - Oct 19 by kingslandstand1

What gets me is that surely he discusses this sort of thing with his coaching staff?
Yes he's the main man there but can they not see what he's doing is not working?

Oh I am sure it’s discussed but you know he won’t listen to others
He is always right
Subs on 19:48 - Oct 19 with 1412 viewsgrumpy

I just listened to Martins after match interview.
He says it was down to Fraser being sent off.
Well who put a winger on for a full back when you had a full back on the bench.
Why replace Fernandes with Smallbone?
Why does it seem you only put Tall Paul on when we concede?
I could go on but wont.
Saints fans deserve better than this nonsense.
Subs on 19:59 - Oct 19 with 1368 viewssaint22

Subs on 19:48 - Oct 19 by grumpy

I could go on but wont.

We seem to have found yet another egomaniac who can’t see any wrong leslie a wretched run of results! Look at who we have lost too, lots of rivals, we are so down if this tool stays

Plus he didn’t even need to replace Sugawara with a defender he could have switched KWP there and shored up the midfield

But oh no he couldn’t even see that

Get rid now
[Post edited 19 Oct 20:00]
Subs on 20:12 - Oct 19 with 1312 viewssaint22

I could go on but wont.

I am so fkn mad about today
It was so easy for RM at 2-0, off comes sugawara with a natural replacement in KWP and on comes lallana for some experience in the middle to see the game out
But oh no Wussell thinks he knows better and then we fall apart with Fraser guilty for their first two
How many more times!?
It’s absolutely staggering
Subs on 13:23 - Oct 20 with 987 viewsShirtNumbers

I could go on but wont.

Tall Paul was terrible today.

Bringing him on killed our press because he has absolutely no pace. This allowed Leicester to play very easily through the lines from their defence. No one was there to stop them (though the midfield should be help partly responsible for this).

I really cannot think of any attributes the bloke has. Just because he can score a few goals in Turkey does not mean we should give him time in the PL.
Subs on 13:46 - Oct 20 with 936 viewssaint22

Subs on 13:23 - Oct 20 by ShirtNumbers

Bringing him on killed our press because he has absolutely no pace. This allowed Leicester to play very easily through the lines from their defence. No one was there to stop them (though the midfield should be help partly responsible for this).

I really cannot think of any attributes the bloke has. Just because he can score a few goals in Turkey does not mean we should give him time in the PL.

Another masterful sub by Wuss

Don’t worry we haven’t got long in the PL now
Subs on 14:17 - Oct 20 with 878 viewsgrumpy

Good grief he only came on with little more than 20 minutes to go.
Hes not here for his pace,
Please tell me you are not trying to blame him for our defeat.
You have to ask yourself why so many players form goes backwards when they join us.
'killed our press 'didn't see much evidence of our press in the second half before he came on.
Login to get fewer ads

Subs on 18:12 - Oct 20 with 775 viewsShirtNumbers

Subs on 14:17 - Oct 20 by grumpy

Good grief he only came on with little more than 20 minutes to go.
Hes not here for his pace,
Please tell me you are not trying to blame him for our defeat.
You have to ask yourself why so many players form goes backwards when they join us.
'killed our press 'didn't see much evidence of our press in the second half before he came on.

And those 20 minutes, when 2-1 down, are probably the most important parts of the game. Changing the team at that time can dictate games, as it did yesterday, so I don't know why you think this should excuse Onuachu from blame.

I am not blaming Onuachu entirely for the defeat. His introduction weakened us, but so did Smallbone and Fraser. The blame ultimately lies with Russell Martin and all those f-ckers who didn't block Ayew's shot.

Obviously he's not here for his pace, that's what makes his introduction so baffling and woeful. However, I'm keen to see what you think he is here for? With a goal tally of 0 and a fair few appearances when we went down, I'd be surprised if it was for his finishing ability.

If we had brought on a quicker player to lead the line, say Adam Armstrong, we would have made it far more difficult for Leicester to play forward. Defending starts from the front.

Onuachu hasn't gone backwards. He was never at this level in the first place. Turkey and Belgium are not the same as the Premier League.
[Post edited 20 Oct 21:42]
Subs on 18:21 - Oct 20 with 742 viewsfelly1

I thought we barely pressed them all afternoon .

If you cant see any of his attributes well what about the blatant penalty we should of had due to his physical presence causing the Leicester defender to panic .

What about the through ball to Sulemana ?

No one would claim he's a world beater but it's not like we have a wealth of attacking talent is it?
Subs on 18:45 - Oct 20 with 704 viewsgrumpy

Subs on 18:12 - Oct 20 by ShirtNumbers

And those 20 minutes, when 2-1 down, are probably the most important parts of the game. Changing the team at that time can dictate games, as it did yesterday, so I don't know why you think this should excuse Onuachu from blame.

I am not blaming Onuachu entirely for the defeat. His introduction weakened us, but so did Smallbone and Fraser. The blame ultimately lies with Russell Martin and all those f-ckers who didn't block Ayew's shot.

Obviously he's not here for his pace, that's what makes his introduction so baffling and woeful. However, I'm keen to see what you think he is here for? With a goal tally of 0 and a fair few appearances when we went down, I'd be surprised if it was for his finishing ability.

If we had brought on a quicker player to lead the line, say Adam Armstrong, we would have made it far more difficult for Leicester to play forward. Defending starts from the front.

Onuachu hasn't gone backwards. He was never at this level in the first place. Turkey and Belgium are not the same as the Premier League.
[Post edited 20 Oct 21:42]

How can you blame Onuachu he should have had a penalty for a start.
I agree 'the blame ultimately lies with Russell Martin' mainly because he brought on a winger for a full back when he had a full back on the bench.This winger (Fraser) went on to give a penalty away and get sent off.
Onuachu has spent most of him time on the bench under some awful managers.
i am to be convinced he is the answer to our striking problems but the way he has been used by 3 managers who to be honest are not up to the job particularly in the Premiership has been poor.
I would have liked to see him start yesterday alongside Archer or Armstrong but no we left Archer(5ft 11in) on his own up front,I know he scored but after that was very quiet.
Onuachu usually makes an appearance when things go wrong swapping with the lone striker and has little chance to change anything.
If he had support and balls delivered into the box who knows what he could achieve.
But no, on we go with tactics that personally I find ridiculous as I do boring,
[Post edited 20 Oct 18:46]
Subs on 19:19 - Oct 20 with 622 viewsSaintcole7

Subs on 18:45 - Oct 20 by grumpy

How can you blame Onuachu he should have had a penalty for a start.
I agree 'the blame ultimately lies with Russell Martin' mainly because he brought on a winger for a full back when he had a full back on the bench.This winger (Fraser) went on to give a penalty away and get sent off.
Onuachu has spent most of him time on the bench under some awful managers.
i am to be convinced he is the answer to our striking problems but the way he has been used by 3 managers who to be honest are not up to the job particularly in the Premiership has been poor.
I would have liked to see him start yesterday alongside Archer or Armstrong but no we left Archer(5ft 11in) on his own up front,I know he scored but after that was very quiet.
Onuachu usually makes an appearance when things go wrong swapping with the lone striker and has little chance to change anything.
If he had support and balls delivered into the box who knows what he could achieve.
But no, on we go with tactics that personally I find ridiculous as I do boring,
[Post edited 20 Oct 18:46]

Agree, other than his goal Archer was non existent, Tall Paul at least tried to hold the ball up or flick it on, but he was isolated other than the one header to the speed merchant with no end product. I think we need to try Tall Paul and AA up front, we can not play one midget striker at home to another relegation favourite? Play 2 up front with Dibbling in a free role behind them?
Subs on 20:36 - Oct 20 with 547 viewsBerber

I could go on but wont.

We were already on the rack, and if Fraser had not given the pen, Vardy would most likely have scored. We just collapse once we concede a goal. And you don’t need to “be brave” to pass the ball around effectively. The man is a fraud.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Subs on 21:05 - Oct 20 with 499 viewsShirtNumbers

Subs on 19:19 - Oct 20 by Saintcole7

Agree, other than his goal Archer was non existent, Tall Paul at least tried to hold the ball up or flick it on, but he was isolated other than the one header to the speed merchant with no end product. I think we need to try Tall Paul and AA up front, we can not play one midget striker at home to another relegation favourite? Play 2 up front with Dibbling in a free role behind them?

Cameron Archer has scored 2 goals in 2 games.

None of our other strikers have done that.

[Post edited 20 Oct 21:06]
Subs on 00:03 - Oct 21 with 350 viewssaintpaz

hmm reactive...sounds like Southshite!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024