Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin gone - official 19:04 - Jun 21 with 5394 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City can confirm head coach Russell Martin has left the club to join Southampton.

Martin had a little over 12 months remaining on the three-year deal he signed upon arriving at the Swansea.com Stadium in August 2021.

The club also stands firm in our belief that we are owed full compensation for Russell, and we will continue working diligently and strategically to protect the best interests of the club.

Swansea City would like to place on record its thanks to Russell for his work during his time in SA1.

The club will update supporters regarding a new first-team coaching staff in due course.
Martin gone - official on 06:28 - Jun 22 with 859 viewsDr_Winston

Certainly does seem to be the younger generation who fell for him harder if Twitter is anything to go by.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Martin gone - official on 06:59 - Jun 22 with 809 viewsjohnlangy

Martin gone - official on 00:01 - Jun 22 by theloneranger

People talk about a lack of loyalty to us for not seeing out his contract, but are happy to see Michael Duff break his new 3 year contract at Barnsley.

FFS 😂😂

They appear to be capitulating fairly easily which may mean there was a clause in his contract allowing him to speak to other clubs in certain circumstances.
Martin gone - official on 07:17 - Jun 22 with 784 viewsonehunglow

Martin gone - official on 22:36 - Jun 21 by sw02sea

I still can’t believe people, (plus the owners) believed his spiel.

He conned them in his interview, and has basically promoted “brand Martin” to future employers, when in our employ, while preaching The Emperor’s New Clothes philosophy, to anyone that would listen.

“Look at me (and my lorry load of staff) we will bring you “The Process” and those that can’t see it are stupid!”

Sorry mate, but you (and your staff) are naked.

You can now believe your own spiel, because in your own mind, you’re now officially “A SAINT”

Very soon,Soton will be subjected to the endless, indies management wobble wobble .
We have our faults but we are a proper club.
When he uttered those words,and reckoned we were not, all his followers should have tumbled him.
In fairness a very clever but deeply devious coach who took in too many good folk.
That’s my last on him

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Martin gone - official on 07:40 - Jun 22 with 755 viewsFireboy2

Martin gone - official on 00:01 - Jun 22 by theloneranger

People talk about a lack of loyalty to us for not seeing out his contract, but are happy to see Michael Duff break his new 3 year contract at Barnsley.

FFS 😂😂

I know LR, some people are deluded.
Martin gone - official on 07:45 - Jun 22 with 741 viewsjojaca

Martin gone - official on 07:17 - Jun 22 by onehunglow

Very soon,Soton will be subjected to the endless, indies management wobble wobble .
We have our faults but we are a proper club.
When he uttered those words,and reckoned we were not, all his followers should have tumbled him.
In fairness a very clever but deeply devious coach who took in too many good folk.
That’s my last on him

Russell is very lucky to have a job like Southampton because he should have sacked with us. He looked to have similar breakdown as Cooper which resulted in horrendous run of form.

However I still think he has the ingredients to be top 6 Premier league coach, it will be interesting to see how he performs this season with possibly more backing and better group of players. I honestly expect him to kick on this season.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 7:47]

Even when you know, you never know?

Martin gone - official on 08:50 - Jun 22 with 658 viewsvetchonian

Martin gone - official on 07:40 - Jun 22 by Fireboy2

I know LR, some people are deluded.

There is no loyalty any more in Football that went a long time ago....the likes of Harry Griffiths , are long gone...whilst there may be some long serving back office staff at clubs mainly players ,managers, coaches and their staff follow the filthy lucre.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Martin gone - official on 21:47 - Jun 22 with 487 viewsSgorioFruit

Thanks Russ for the Cardiff double double. Nothing else to report on with your time here.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024