Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin gone - official 19:04 - Jun 21 with 5393 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City can confirm head coach Russell Martin has left the club to join Southampton.

Martin had a little over 12 months remaining on the three-year deal he signed upon arriving at the Swansea.com Stadium in August 2021.

The club also stands firm in our belief that we are owed full compensation for Russell, and we will continue working diligently and strategically to protect the best interests of the club.

Swansea City would like to place on record its thanks to Russell for his work during his time in SA1.

The club will update supporters regarding a new first-team coaching staff in due course.
Martin gone - official on 21:10 - Jun 21 with 1240 viewspencoedjack

Martin gone - official on 21:03 - Jun 21 by Dr_Winston

Spewing the same disingenuous nonsense that suggests the poor run of form all winter was as a result of the transfer window when it began two months earlier than that.

The bottom line remains indisputable. The final run of form confirms beyond a doubt that he already had a squad good enough to at least challenge for the playoffs. Last season was a wasted season thanks to Russell Martin and his sh*tty "process".
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 21:05]

Spot on & put far better than how I put it (as usual).

Hopefully the next manager doesn’t divide opinion like Martin 👍
Martin gone - official on 21:15 - Jun 21 with 1207 viewspencoedjack

Martin gone - official on 21:08 - Jun 21 by onehunglow

He was very clever though

Poor man’s Brendan Rodgers when it comes to self promotion.

Plenty of our fan base saw straight through him (eventually in my case)
Martin gone - official on 21:30 - Jun 21 with 1147 viewssw02sea

Martin gone - official on 21:15 - Jun 21 by pencoedjack

Poor man’s Brendan Rodgers when it comes to self promotion.

Plenty of our fan base saw straight through him (eventually in my case)

Thank fek for that!
Now he can go and sell more secondhand cars on the south coast.
I wonder if Southampton will be as patient with “THE PROCESS” as we were conned into ?
Martin gone - official on 21:35 - Jun 21 with 1122 viewsvetchonian

Martin gone - official on 21:03 - Jun 21 by Dr_Winston

Spewing the same disingenuous nonsense that suggests the poor run of form all winter was as a result of the transfer window when it began two months earlier than that.

The bottom line remains indisputable. The final run of form confirms beyond a doubt that he already had a squad good enough to at least challenge for the playoffs. Last season was a wasted season thanks to Russell Martin and his sh*tty "process".
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 21:05]

But be fair he needed three seasons several on here are confident he would have delivered this coming season.......deluded is the word

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Martin gone - official on 21:39 - Jun 21 with 1102 viewsDr_Winston

Martin gone - official on 21:10 - Jun 21 by pencoedjack

Spot on & put far better than how I put it (as usual).

Hopefully the next manager doesn’t divide opinion like Martin 👍

It's fairly obvious what the reason is.

There are plenty of people out there who absolutely despise club ownership/management with a passion almost at the cellular level. It's the kind of hatred which blinds them to anything else. Blinds them to even considering the possibility that maybe the manager was part of the problem.

Russell Martin could have started lobbing hand grenades into the East Stand after a win instead of fist pumps and there would still be plenty insisting that he only did it because of the lack of signings in the January window.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Martin gone - official on 21:58 - Jun 21 with 1054 viewsFireboy2

Martin gone - official on 20:29 - Jun 21 by TenbySwan

Goodbye and good riddance.

No loyalty.

What do you define as loyalty?

Staying for 3, 4, 5 years? Or for life?
Martin gone - official on 21:59 - Jun 21 with 1050 viewsFireboy2

Martin gone - official on 20:33 - Jun 21 by raynor94

Well, I certainly do blame him for turning his back on us.

It didn't take much to turn his head again

Well you could say the same with cooper.
Martin gone - official on 22:01 - Jun 21 with 1036 viewsraynor94

Martin gone - official on 21:59 - Jun 21 by Fireboy2

Well you could say the same with cooper.

I did, and also Potter

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Martin gone - official on 22:03 - Jun 21 with 1014 viewsbuilthjack

Martin gone - official on 21:06 - Jun 21 by ItchySphincter

No manager that takes a team of two consecutive playoffs to the heady heights of 17th and 10th will ever get an extra year of ‘process’. He’s a snakeoil salesman and he’s been toast here for ages.

It’s funny how the East, and the support at away games have been backing him.
Let’s see if this Duff fella gets us promoted then.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Martin gone - official on 22:04 - Jun 21 with 1008 viewsFireboy2

Martin gone - official on 22:01 - Jun 21 by raynor94

I did, and also Potter

Not really, cooper went to a team below us but potter went to a PL side.
Martin gone - official on 22:05 - Jun 21 with 996 viewsbuilthjack

Martin gone - official on 21:35 - Jun 21 by vetchonian

But be fair he needed three seasons several on here are confident he would have delivered this coming season.......deluded is the word

We should at least make the play offs this season then with a new manager.
Careful what you wish for.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Martin gone - official on 22:10 - Jun 21 with 979 viewsvetchonian

Martin gone - official on 22:05 - Jun 21 by builthjack

We should at least make the play offs this season then with a new manager.
Careful what you wish for.

we could/should have made them this season but for Martin's ego
that dismal run which ended when he changed formation and tactics showed his managerial nous....he certainly took in many......be interesting to see how he fares at Southampton

Martin gone - official on 22:11 - Jun 21 with 981 viewsBoundy

Martin gone - official on 22:03 - Jun 21 by builthjack

You'd be surprised how many of the older heads in the East and dare I say elsewhere were not supporters of him .The common denominator for both examples was youthful exuberance.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Martin gone - official on 22:15 - Jun 21 with 970 viewsbuilthjack

Martin gone - official on 22:10 - Jun 21 by vetchonian

we could/should have made them this season but for Martin's ego
that dismal run which ended when he changed formation and tactics showed his managerial nous....he certainly took in many......be interesting to see how he fares at Southampton

Never mind him now. He has gone.
I am banking on the new guy to at least reach the play offs , that’s what you wanted this season and last.

Martin gone - official on 22:15 - Jun 21 with 969 viewsswan_si

Martin gone - official on 20:59 - Jun 21 by pencoedjack

I’m glad the management team don’t give any information out regarding any negotiations out to the trust about who they are talking with about the managerial vacancy

I missed the exciting football around the transfer window & glad the money was saved to give to a proper football manager.

I cringe thinking about the love in from some of our fanbase when he returns to the liberty

Beat a side who would have been relegated if others hadn’t been deducted points is his legacy.

Tosh Kenny Roberto Laudrup & Brendan achieved far more than the fraud.

"Beat a side who would have been relegated if others hadn’t been deducted points is his legacy."

The thing is, Cardiff finished 5 points above Reading, if we hadn't beaten them, they would have got at least 1 point, meaning they would have finished 6 points ahead of Reading with a better goal difference, so they wouldn't have been relegated irrespective of Reading's 6 point deduction.🤔
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 7:30]
Martin gone - official on 22:18 - Jun 21 with 966 viewsraynor94

Martin gone - official on 21:58 - Jun 21 by Fireboy2

Seeing his contract out, not upping sticks at the first sign of interest from another club.

I backed him all last season, now I find him a slimy individual.

I can't wait for his goodbye to the fans

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Martin gone - official on 22:19 - Jun 21 with 961 viewsvetchonian

Martin gone - official on 22:03 - Jun 21 by builthjack

the same supported on the East who made an early exit in the Blackburn game...you talk about 2000 supporters about 13% of our support .. beer goggles are a dangerous thing

Martin gone - official on 22:36 - Jun 21 with 911 viewssw02sea

I still can’t believe people, (plus the owners) believed his spiel.

He conned them in his interview, and has basically promoted “brand Martin” to future employers, when in our employ, while preaching The Emperor’s New Clothes philosophy, to anyone that would listen.

“Look at me (and my lorry load of staff) we will bring you “The Process” and those that can’t see it are stupid!”

Sorry mate, but you (and your staff) are naked.

You can now believe your own spiel, because in your own mind, you’re now officially “A SAINT”
Martin gone - official on 22:38 - Jun 21 with 911 viewsowainglyndwr

Martin gone - official on 22:18 - Jun 21 by raynor94

Seeing his contract out, not upping sticks at the first sign of interest from another club.

I backed him all last season, now I find him a slimy individual.

I can't wait for his goodbye to the fans

Big bucks and he was trying to get out fast than Bolt .

It will be fantastic to do the double over Southampton, they think he will take them straight up, could be and possibly maybe thier big mistake
Martin gone - official on 22:48 - Jun 21 with 881 viewsTenbySwan

Martin gone - official on 21:58 - Jun 21 by Fireboy2

He had a process,
Loyalty would be seeing it through. After the improvement late on last season it would have been good to see it through.

Weve seen it before with Martinez and Potter, also Cooper to a degree.

Punching the air with the fans and p!ssing off at the first opportunity
Martin gone - official on 23:01 - Jun 21 with 839 viewslifelong

No loyalty.

I think the ‘no loyalty’ accusation could be aimed at many other of our managers.

2 seasons seems to be about the average tenure of our managers, with many over the years serving much less time in the job. In fact you have to go back to the Toshack era of 1978/83 before you find a manager who spent any sort of longevity at the club.
Martin gone - official on 23:03 - Jun 21 with 830 viewsswan65split

No loyalty.

unsure as yet what way to think about it.....The club also stands firm in our belief that we are owed full compensation for Russell, and we will continue working diligently and strategically to protect the best interests of the club.,,,,,,,,makes me abit ummmmh?

and just wonder what type of fist pumps are his parting shots.
Martin gone - official on 23:26 - Jun 21 with 770 viewsPawelAbbott

Let's face it, he was an awful manager. If someone had offered us £10 and a packet of crisps for him back in February, we would have bitten their hands off. The only reason he wasn't sacked was because of the compo he would have cost.
4 wins in 23 games. The same mistakes made every week. Woeful use of the Loan Market.
Took us from a play off final to mid-table mediocrity and even that only in a final burst of games.
We should be glad he has gone and we got paid for it. Take what they are offering before they change their minds.
Martin gone - official on 23:32 - Jun 21 with 763 viewsQJumpingJack

quote from the Trust which suggests that a parting of the ways was always on the cards from February onwards:

"Russell’s tenure was not without its challenges however, and everyone associated with the club was disappointed with the January transfer window & the poor run of form in the winter period. We know this hurt Russell and the senior management team after the work done in the lead up to the window, and we understand and share in the frustration of fans in what might have been."
Martin gone - official on 00:01 - Jun 22 with 734 viewstheloneranger

People talk about a lack of loyalty to us for not seeing out his contract, but are happy to see Michael Duff break his new 3 year contract at Barnsley.

FFS 😂😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024