Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. 15:33 - Aug 25 with 8731 viewsLohengrin

Despite all the Yes Cymru stickers you’ll encounter on road signs, despite the obvious enthusiasm for political self-immolation you’ll see from a few on here and on the other place, this is the real state of public enthusiasm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62668046

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 19:19 - Sep 1 with 1100 viewsonehunglow

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:41 - Sep 1 by felixstowe_jack

Wales has had billions extra in UK government support in the last two years. Even the most bigoted anti UK idiot knowd that. The cost of furlough, vaccines and other support during covoid. Current estimates put UK support at £400 billion so Wales share if that £20 billion. I doubt if the UK were still in the EU the EU would have provided any extra funding to Wales .

Seems Vaughan guessing forgot that even though he WAS Welsh health minister.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 17:43]

If they did a Poll on Deeside,they d vote to join Merseyside rather than stay in a country that is run 180 miles away

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 22:17 - Sep 1 with 1057 viewsKilkennyjack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:41 - Sep 1 by felixstowe_jack

Wales has had billions extra in UK government support in the last two years. Even the most bigoted anti UK idiot knowd that. The cost of furlough, vaccines and other support during covoid. Current estimates put UK support at £400 billion so Wales share if that £20 billion. I doubt if the UK were still in the EU the EU would have provided any extra funding to Wales .

Seems Vaughan guessing forgot that even though he WAS Welsh health minister.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 17:43]

Why would an English Tory Brexit government look after Labour voting Wales as a priority….?
Its simply not going to happen, is it ?

They have admitted misleading the welsh public.
Saying Wales would get ‘every penny’ ……. when they decided not to say that the money to welsh government would not be replaced.
Rather it would bypass our welsh government.

Deliberate undermining of the devolution settlement via their so-called muscular unionism.
Politics and nothing else.

Johnson does not care about Wales.

Beware of the Risen People

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 07:37 - Sep 2 with 1043 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 22:17 - Sep 1 by Kilkennyjack

Why would an English Tory Brexit government look after Labour voting Wales as a priority….?

Saying Wales would get ‘every penny’ ……. when they decided not to say that the money to welsh government would not be replaced.

Deliberate undermining of the devolution settlement via their so-called muscular unionism.

Wales has been very well looked after by the UK government with all the extra billions in the last two years.

Meanwhile Wales is stuck with the anti business, anti progress, anti investment Senedd.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. (n/t) on 07:57 - Sep 2 with 1038 viewsBryanSwan

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 22:17 - Sep 1 by Kilkennyjack

[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 10:37]

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 08:17 - Sep 2 with 1031 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. (n/t) on 07:57 - Sep 2 by BryanSwan

Better than letting a few union chiefs picking the next labour leader.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:01 - Sep 2 with 1007 viewsraynor94

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 08:17 - Sep 2 by felixstowe_jack

Better than letting a few union chiefs picking the next labour leader.

Touche

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:16 - Sep 2 with 992 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:01 - Sep 2 by raynor94

Touche

Though what the election of National leaders of the Labour snd Conservative parties has to do with Welsh Separtism eludes me.

I think Welsh Labour elected Drakeford on the basis of 1 member 1 vote after it decided to reform the Union block system.
13,000 labour party members voted and 8,000 affiliate members vote I think the affiliates were union votes.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:26 - Sep 2 with 987 viewsCatullus

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. (n/t) on 07:57 - Sep 2 by BryanSwan

Did that really happen? if so why was it not all over the WOL and why weren't the Senedd screaming about it from the rooftops?

Does anyone remember seeing this on the Welsh news?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:39 - Sep 2 with 980 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:26 - Sep 2 by Catullus

Did that really happen? if so why was it not all over the WOL and why weren't the Senedd screaming about it from the rooftops?

Seems fairly sensible during the pandemic to fairly spread all the available medical supplies throughout the UK.
Just image the outcry if the UK government who ordered all the vaccines decided to keep them just for England instead all parts and regions of the UK were given equal share of the various vaccines throughout the pandemic although some areas like London had low vaccine uptake so those areas probably recieved less vaccines later in the rollout.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:51 - Sep 2 with 973 viewsjohnlangy

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 07:37 - Sep 2 by felixstowe_jack

Wales has been very well looked after by the UK government with all the extra billions in the last two years.

Meanwhile Wales is stuck with the anti business, anti progress, anti investment Senedd.

During the Covid crisis governments around the world borrowed money to get through the pandemic.

Westminster did the same for the UK. THEY did it because they prevented the devolved governments in the devolution settlements from doing it on behalf of their countries.

They didn't give Wales anything, which you imply by saying 'looked after'. They simply loaded more debt on the UK which ALL of us will have to repay.
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:53 - Sep 2 with 973 viewsBoundy

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:26 - Sep 2 by Catullus

I think this was an urban myth created at the time when Drakeford become for a brief moment in history a spokesperson for the Welsh Labour voting sheep in the Wales .For Scotland,speaking to reporters at her daily briefing, Sturgeon accepted that she had no clear evidence that supplies were being diverted at the direction of NHS England, but said she was seeking assurances, and which were strenuously denied by Westminster

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:08 - Sep 2 with 970 viewsCatullus

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:53 - Sep 2 by Boundy

I think this was an urban myth created at the time when Drakeford become for a brief moment in history a spokesperson for the Welsh Labour voting sheep in the Wales .For Scotland,speaking to reporters at her daily briefing, Sturgeon accepted that she had no clear evidence that supplies were being diverted at the direction of NHS England, but said she was seeking assurances, and which were strenuously denied by Westminster

That's why I asked the question. If the poster knows this for a fact, how do they know? Then, why has the Senedd not kicked up a fuss?

The problem with knowing such things is, making them public usually risks your job, or the job of someone close. There really is no point making such claims if you can't ubstantiate them, specially on a subject where the Senedd haven't been shy of criticising Westminster but have said nothing about this specific thing.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 14:10 - Sep 2 with 941 viewsBryanSwan

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:08 - Sep 2 by Catullus

That's why I asked the question. If the poster knows this for a fact, how do they know? Then, why has the Senedd not kicked up a fuss?

The problem with knowing such things is, making them public usually risks your job, or the job of someone close. There really is no point making such claims if you can't ubstantiate them, specially on a subject where the Senedd haven't been shy of criticising Westminster but have said nothing about this specific thing.

To be honest i don't particularly care if a few random people chose not to believe it. Thats your perogative.

I have deleted the post, you can all get back to the Westminster love in now.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:20 - Sep 2 with 911 viewsBoundy

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 14:10 - Sep 2 by BryanSwan

To be honest i don't particularly care if a few random people chose not to believe it. Thats your perogative.

I have deleted the post, you can all get back to the Westminster love in now.

Stand by your conviction , if you believe it to be true then why remove it ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:26 - Sep 2 with 896 viewsFlashberryjack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:20 - Sep 2 by Boundy

Stand by your conviction , if you believe it to be true then why remove it ?

Sometimes it's best to put the shovel down when digging a hole for yourself, or in this case, delete the post.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:50 - Sep 2 with 883 viewsBryanSwan

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:26 - Sep 2 by Flashberryjack

Sometimes it's best to put the shovel down when digging a hole for yourself, or in this case, delete the post.

I don't require the validation of strangers. I know these things to be true, i don't need to substantiate this.

We all know how these threads go anyway, they crop up every other week and are pointless for the most part.
Most on both sides just go "oooh Drakeford bad" or "ooh Westminster bad".

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 18:27 - Sep 2 with 857 viewsFlashberryjack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:50 - Sep 2 by BryanSwan

I don't require the validation of strangers. I know these things to be true, i don't need to substantiate this.

We all know how these threads go anyway, they crop up every other week and are pointless for the most part.

Have a nice weekend.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:45 - Sep 2 with 812 viewsonehunglow

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:50 - Sep 2 by BryanSwan

Absolutely right.
Strangers on here with their thinly disguised racist nationistic drivel that 80 % OF WELSH PEOPLE hate. Yep,who needs their validation.

I post with a FXXX you attitude as a minority of 1 can be right.

Don't follow the seagulls above the trawler

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 11:38 - Sep 4 with 734 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:41 - Aug 30 by Kilkennyjack

Look up the word retribution.

It means punishment inflicted on someone as vengeance for a wrong or criminal act.
Thats a threat.

I dont know you.
Dont private message me.

But in fairness in that context the words “without retribution” could well have read “ without consequences” . That as I read it was not meant as a threat, rather an observation that people can say what they like behind an internet persona with no fear.

That applies to all of us.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 17:38 - Sep 4 with 704 viewsCatullus

Ah but a claim like this needs validation or it is just rumour, it's a big thing to claim especially when the Senedd has said no such thing.

There were claims that Westminster told firms not to deal with Wales and Scotland which is a different thing entirely.

It's not a Westminster love in either, it's a commn response though, to say that criticisng the Senedd in any way means you love the shambles that is Westminster. It is possible to think they are both rubbish you know.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024