Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. 15:33 - Aug 25 with 8730 viewsLohengrin

Despite all the Yes Cymru stickers you’ll encounter on road signs, despite the obvious enthusiasm for political self-immolation you’ll see from a few on here and on the other place, this is the real state of public enthusiasm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62668046

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 20:59 - Aug 25 with 1440 viewsKilkennyjack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 20:44 - Aug 25 by 73__73

Suck it up, sweetcheeks 😁

Fair enough, just puzzled why you seemingly don't care about Wales ?

Each to his own i guess.

Beware of the Risen People

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:01 - Aug 25 with 1434 viewsKilkennyjack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 20:48 - Aug 25 by union_jack

You keep spouting the same thing thread after thread but that’s not going to be enough for it to happen. It won’t happen in Scotland or here, especially here.

As for the subject of the thread, I skim read it so may have missed something but didn’t it say it was going online? Surely that means journos and columnists will still be needed as before?

Yes it will …. Anyhow lets have the big vote and find out for sure …. 🇪🇺❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:03 - Aug 25 with 1432 viewsSirjohnalot

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 20:59 - Aug 25 by Kilkennyjack

Fair enough, just puzzled why you seemingly don't care about Wales ?

Each to his own i guess.

It’s becoming more obvious, even if it wasn’t before just how disastrous Brexit will be. If labour get in in a couple of years, really think Starmer will start looking at rejoining towards the end of the next parliament. 7 years or so, we’ll have a very clear picture at how Brexit has effected us
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:10 - Aug 25 with 1412 viewsTogg

Nowt as strange as folks so they say. Many Welsh people even if good working class Labour can be quite right wing in their political thinking.
It's not about whether you are English, Welsh Irish, Scottish etc etc. People have their political and idealistic views but we are mostly democratic, so can vote at the ballot box.
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 22:45 - Aug 25 with 1367 viewsKilkennyjack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:03 - Aug 25 by Sirjohnalot

It’s becoming more obvious, even if it wasn’t before just how disastrous Brexit will be. If labour get in in a couple of years, really think Starmer will start looking at rejoining towards the end of the next parliament. 7 years or so, we’ll have a very clear picture at how Brexit has effected us

Without a doubt.

And he should come out and say it.
Trying to be too clever for me.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 06:23 - Aug 26 with 1331 viewsSirjohnalot

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 22:45 - Aug 25 by Kilkennyjack

Without a doubt.

And he should come out and say it.
Trying to be too clever for me.

He can’t at the moment, he’s playing a waiting game, you don’t win anything in opposition. What’s the point in shouting from the sidelines ?
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 06:29 - Aug 26 with 1329 viewsSirjohnalot

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 19:35 - Aug 25 by Kilkennyjack

Listen the 2021 census tells us some 636,000 people living in wales were born in England.

The majority in favour of England Brexit was only 82,225.
Only half that number needed to vote Remain for Remain to win in Wales.

You know, just a little more than the population of Llanelli.

Draw your own conclusions.

That’s very misleading surely ? That would include people who moved to Wales when they were 2 months old. They’re as Welsh as you or I, arguably more than me alive lives in England for 20 odd years, longer than I was at home.

Manchester and Liverpool and London voted Remain. Bolton, Burnley etc voted out. There may be a census that says there are welsh and Scot’s born people there.

Stats can prove everything and nothing,

Staggering that it was even close to leave in Wales
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 07:51 - Aug 26 with 1310 viewsKilkennyjack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 06:29 - Aug 26 by Sirjohnalot

That’s very misleading surely ? That would include people who moved to Wales when they were 2 months old. They’re as Welsh as you or I, arguably more than me alive lives in England for 20 odd years, longer than I was at home.

Manchester and Liverpool and London voted Remain. Bolton, Burnley etc voted out. There may be a census that says there are welsh and Scot’s born people there.

Stats can prove everything and nothing,

Staggering that it was even close to leave in Wales

Thats really why i said draw your own conclusions.
They are the facts though.

Agree on Wales. The power of the msm/BBC running scare reports from Calais every single night in 2016. Appears much less newsworthy since the vote, i observe …. 🤷‍♂️

Login to get fewer ads

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 08:27 - Aug 26 with 1303 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 07:51 - Aug 26 by Kilkennyjack

Thats really why i said draw your own conclusions.
They are the facts though.

Agree on Wales. The power of the msm/BBC running scare reports from Calais every single night in 2016. Appears much less newsworthy since the vote, i observe …. 🤷‍♂️

Why were they scare reports? We are always told that immigration is great for the country. It should be fantastic news that all these doctors and nurses are trying to flock here from Calais?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:22 - Aug 26 with 1284 viewsBoundy

Albania have an abundance of medical experts, so much so they're sending them here , maybe in an unorthodox manner but they're coming

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 09:32 - Aug 26 with 1281 viewsonehunglow

Maybe people see themselves as British and in that Welsh too.
We are together,one unit.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 14:35 - Aug 26 with 1254 viewsKilkennyjack

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 08:27 - Aug 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Why were they scare reports? We are always told that immigration is great for the country. It should be fantastic news that all these doctors and nurses are trying to flock here from Calais?

You need to ask the BBC ….

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:27 - Aug 26 with 1194 views73__73

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:03 - Aug 25 by Sirjohnalot

And how is it becoming obvious ? Have you seen what is happening in the richest country in the eu ?

The only thing that is obvious is fools who clutch at any straws.
Also if we can have another referendum on eu membership, can we also have one on disbanding the Welsh Government ?

How about a referendum on capital punishment ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 20:37 - Aug 28 with 1103 viewsBoundy

Despite the shenanigans in the Conservative Party and the UK government the number in favour of independence drops.
Maybe the problem is closer to home. Who wants independence under Drakeford and Price, taking orders from Deryn and Stonewall?
Quote Tweet
British Electoral Politics
@electpoliticsuk
· Aug 27
POLL: Should Wales be an independent country:

NO: 68% (+1)
YES: 32% (-1)

Via @YouGov, On 16-19 August 2022,
Changes w/ 12-16 June 2022.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:22 - Aug 28 with 1084 viewsBryanSwan

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 20:37 - Aug 28 by Boundy

Despite the shenanigans in the Conservative Party and the UK government the number in favour of independence drops.
Maybe the problem is closer to home. Who wants independence under Drakeford and Price, taking orders from Deryn and Stonewall?
Quote Tweet
British Electoral Politics
@electpoliticsuk
· Aug 27
POLL: Should Wales be an independent country:

NO: 68% (+1)
YES: 32% (-1)

Via @YouGov, On 16-19 August 2022,
Changes w/ 12-16 June 2022.

To be fair, i think a 1/3 of people is still a pretty large amount. Lets see what that number is after the shambles of soon to be PM Truss.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:30 - Aug 28 with 1083 viewsBoundy

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:22 - Aug 28 by BryanSwan

To be fair, i think a 1/3 of people is still a pretty large amount. Lets see what that number is after the shambles of soon to be PM Truss.

indeed it is but no where near a majority, which how I think its supposed to work

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:55 - Aug 28 with 1067 viewsBryanSwan

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:30 - Aug 28 by Boundy

indeed it is but no where near a majority, which how I think its supposed to work

Of course not, but it is still an upward trend in support. I couldn't of imagined it would reach a 1/3 so soon 10 years back.
In reality though i think we are waiting on what happens with Scotland, that'll be the real difference maker.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 22:02 - Aug 28 with 1066 viewsraynor94

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:22 - Aug 28 by BryanSwan

And Drakeford is doing such a great job, any idea where he is hiding at this moment in time?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 22:10 - Aug 28 with 1063 viewsCatullus

Oh come on, is the Uk alone in all this? Are the Eu countries not in a mess too? If we were still in the EU would we still be rolling along just fine? The only possible answer is no.

Germany, https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-08-27-gas-crisis-reveals-the-dirty-secret-of-the-g

France, https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/price-electricity-just-hit-time-194218670.html

The rest of the EU is in no better shape, https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/eu-eyes-emergency-talks-energy-113627278.html

So why do you think this is down to Brexit? If we were still in the EU we would still be in this crisis. Very little of the current problems are down to brexit, we had hardly got though the covid pandemic and were still suffering it;s financial effects when Russia invaded Ukraine. So if you can, please explain why you think this is about brexit being a disaster?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 23:07 - Aug 28 with 1038 viewsonehunglow

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:27 - Aug 26 by 73__73

And how is it becoming obvious ? Have you seen what is happening in the richest country in the eu ?

The only thing that is obvious is fools who clutch at any straws.
Also if we can have another referendum on eu membership, can we also have one on disbanding the Welsh Government ?

How about a referendum on capital punishment ?

No Government has the guts as it would be overwhemingly in favour.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 07:35 - Aug 29 with 1027 viewsBryanSwan

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 22:02 - Aug 28 by raynor94

And Drakeford is doing such a great job, any idea where he is hiding at this moment in time?

The thing is I dont think Drakeford is doing a good job, but it really doesnt take much to be better than Johnson or whichever of the two muppets (looking likely to be Truss) will be his successor.

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:07 - Aug 29 with 1001 viewsjohnlangy

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 21:55 - Aug 28 by BryanSwan

Of course not, but it is still an upward trend in support. I couldn't of imagined it would reach a 1/3 so soon 10 years back.
In reality though i think we are waiting on what happens with Scotland, that'll be the real difference maker.

Correct Bryan.

It's not too long ago (perhaps ten years as you mention) that people used to say Indy support was in single figures percentage wise so would never happen.

32% in such a short space of time is incredible.
The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:09 - Aug 29 with 999 views73__73

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:07 - Aug 29 by johnlangy

Correct Bryan.

It's not too long ago (perhaps ten years as you mention) that people used to say Indy support was in single figures percentage wise so would never happen.

32% in such a short space of time is incredible.

32% 😂 absolute nonsense

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:12 - Aug 29 with 996 viewsonehunglow

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:09 - Aug 29 by 73__73

32% 😂 absolute nonsense

32% what?

The real gauge as to the appetite for Welsh separatism. on 10:26 - Aug 29 with 989 viewsDr_Winston

I would be very surprised if, in a referendum held within the next year or so, if the percentage of the eligible electorate who voted for Independence was more than 25%. Probably lower than 20%. Based on previous turnouts for votes on the matter a lot of people don't give a toss either way and wouldn't bother to vote. Most of the rest would choose to stay put.

I think even in Scotland the actual percentage of the electorate who turned out to vote for Independence barely reached 40%, and that's with the significantly more separate status that they've had in the Union.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 10:42]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024