Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Third Covid Wave 10:36 - Jul 16 with 65586 viewsSadoldgit

Infection and hospital rates climbing rapidly. Death rates projected at 200 per day. Nearly 4m people at serious risk. New information coming out about the problems Covid cause the body if it doesn’t kill you. People laid up for the best part of a year with serious complications. Concern over the AstraZenica vaccine. Is it really wise to lift most of the restrictions on Monday? We have been told that we aren’t going back into another lockdown situation no matter what, but Whitty seems to think it might have to be on the cards.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 9:29]
Third Covid Wave on 19:25 - Nov 2 with 1432 viewsBridders2

I'm very grateful for the vaccine and think it's done a wonderful job, but I was worried about letting my kids (12 and 14) have it. 3 weeks ago they both contracted covid and we're poorly for a few days only, but I see no reason to go ahead with their jabs now as they are naturally immune (for a while) and we're quite relieved about that. Many parents at the school are similarly sceptical about vaccinating their kids and none of them are anti-vaxers.
Third Covid Wave on 19:58 - Nov 2 with 1401 viewsJellybaby

Third Covid Wave on 14:32 - Nov 1 by saints__fan__73

The problem I have is that, if we are divided into two camps, those happy to have the vaccine and those how are very much against it (and think anyone who does is a 'sheep'), then no matter which country you look at the people not having the vaccine don't seem to be the most intelligent of people who we should be taking heed of. Matty Le Tiss being a perfect example.

Haha, did you ever see Matty play,? A football genius surrounded by hard working journeyman, nothing much has changed, he can still see the whole situation clearly while others are rushing around doing as they are told by incompetent managers!

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Third Covid Wave on 22:08 - Nov 2 with 1364 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 19:25 - Nov 2 by Bridders2

I'm very grateful for the vaccine and think it's done a wonderful job, but I was worried about letting my kids (12 and 14) have it. 3 weeks ago they both contracted covid and we're poorly for a few days only, but I see no reason to go ahead with their jabs now as they are naturally immune (for a while) and we're quite relieved about that. Many parents at the school are similarly sceptical about vaccinating their kids and none of them are anti-vaxers.

Exactly. The likes of Jelly and 68, think that everyone but them is a vaccine super-fan; whereas, most parents would think carefully about any medical intervention for their children.

But most people are (a) content that the doctors and scientist are acting in good faith (and not part of some ridiculous evil conspiracy) and (b) are able to weigh up the pros and cons, understanding that the vaccine is safe and highly effective.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Third Covid Wave on 02:47 - Nov 3 with 1323 viewsJellybaby

Third Covid Wave on 19:25 - Nov 2 by Bridders2

Thanks for sharing that Bridders and well done for making your own decision and not feeling pressured into making a decision you would not feel completely comfortable with.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Third Covid Wave on 20:57 - Nov 3 with 1235 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 02:47 - Nov 3 by Jellybaby

Thanks for sharing that Bridders and well done for making your own decision and not feeling pressured into making a decision you would not feel completely comfortable with.

No parent or child is being 'pressured' into anything. You'd like that to be the case because it doesn't fit your narrative that they're not. But they're not.

The only people trying to pressurise anyone are the cnts outside the school gates trying to browbeat young children with their lies.

Third Covid Wave on 21:26 - Nov 3 with 1226 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 20:57 - Nov 3 by DorsetIan

No parent or child is being 'pressured' into anything. You'd like that to be the case because it doesn't fit your narrative that they're not. But they're not.

The only people trying to pressurise anyone are the cnts outside the school gates trying to browbeat young children with their lies.

Oh and the BBC every morning encouraging children to take up the experimental concoctions

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Third Covid Wave on 22:12 - Nov 3 with 1201 viewsBicester_North

Yes they are. A lot of teenagers felt pressured to have a vaccine because they may miss out on social life or events.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Third Covid Wave on 06:19 - Nov 4 with 1141 viewsJellybaby

You are delusional Ian if you really believe that there is no pressure on everyone to get jabbed including kids.

Your anger against those who protest at the school gate is off the scale - is it because they remind you of uncomfortable truths - that the jab can cause injury and death and we have no idea of it's long term consequences - facts that I have never heard you admit to?

Login to get fewer ads

Third Covid Wave on 06:55 - Nov 4 with 1135 viewsJaySaint

My wife is being pressured by work into having the booster

So there you go

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Third Covid Wave on 07:32 - Nov 4 with 1115 viewssaint68

Oh dear, Dopey Ian getting owned again..

No pressure tactics or coercement hey Bubs...you are deluded.

Third Covid Wave on 07:46 - Nov 4 with 1104 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 06:55 - Nov 4 by JaySaint

My wife is being pressured by work into having the booster

So there you go

No one should be forced to take a vaccine that is still in its trial period, volunteer by all means ...but definitely not enforced..
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 7:49]

Third Covid Wave on 10:22 - Nov 4 with 1057 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 06:19 - Nov 4 by Jellybaby

You are delusional Ian if you really believe that there is no pressure on everyone to get jabbed including kids.

Your anger against those who protest at the school gate is off the scale - is it because they remind you of uncomfortable truths - that the jab can cause injury and death and we have no idea of it's long term consequences - facts that I have never heard you admit to?

Those people are very clearly trying to put pressure in children not to take the vaccine, by trying to suggest that the vaccine is going to kill them or cause them harm (as you have just demonstrated).

On the other hand, I am under no pressure at all to have my 14 year old son vaccinated. None whatsoever. I have heard nothing to suggest that it is otherwise elsewhere.

All vaccines carry risk and the question is whether the risks outweigh the benefits. This a judgment call for parents and children with competency, but anyone who wants to make a reasoned judgement on that will look to the consensus views of scientists and not to a bunch of ill-informed, obsessive idiots who have become convinced of the truth of their own prejudices.

Third Covid Wave on 23:01 - Nov 4 with 995 viewsJellybaby

Third Covid Wave on 10:22 - Nov 4 by DorsetIan

Those people are very clearly trying to put pressure in children not to take the vaccine, by trying to suggest that the vaccine is going to kill them or cause them harm (as you have just demonstrated).

On the other hand, I am under no pressure at all to have my 14 year old son vaccinated. None whatsoever. I have heard nothing to suggest that it is otherwise elsewhere.

All vaccines carry risk and the question is whether the risks outweigh the benefits. This a judgment call for parents and children with competency, but anyone who wants to make a reasoned judgement on that will look to the consensus views of scientists and not to a bunch of ill-informed, obsessive idiots who have become convinced of the truth of their own prejudices.

"Those people" are trying to get a point of view across because the powers that be have closed down debate and called every counter argument "misinformation" and managed to get militant Covid fanatics like you, that have bought the propaganda hook, line and sinker to do their policing for them.

There is more risk to a child in taking this jab than getting covid, is that too hard for you to admit?

Thankfully you must be one of the few people left in the country that genuinely can't see the coercion being applied to make everyone to do as they are told - "Don't kill your Granny", "You will miss out on having a good time if you don't get vaxxed", "you won't be able to get a job", you will get sacked if you don't get jabbed" etc, etc.

All of this is an affront in a free and liberal society. Only those who dream of a state run totalitarian utopia can continue to want to suppress freedom to speak out

Third Covid Wave on 08:07 - Nov 5 with 954 viewsBerber

Third Covid Wave on 23:01 - Nov 4 by Jellybaby

"Those people" are trying to get a point of view across because the powers that be have closed down debate and called every counter argument "misinformation" and managed to get militant Covid fanatics like you, that have bought the propaganda hook, line and sinker to do their policing for them.

There is more risk to a child in taking this jab than getting covid, is that too hard for you to admit?

Thankfully you must be one of the few people left in the country that genuinely can't see the coercion being applied to make everyone to do as they are told - "Don't kill your Granny", "You will miss out on having a good time if you don't get vaxxed", "you won't be able to get a job", you will get sacked if you don't get jabbed" etc, etc.

All of this is an affront in a free and liberal society. Only those who dream of a state run totalitarian utopia can continue to want to suppress freedom to speak out

"Those people" are trying to get a point of view across because the powers that be have closed down debate and called every counter argument "misinformation" and managed to get militant Covid fanatics like you, that have bought the propaganda hook, line and sinker to do their policing for them."

That is completely fallacious. The mainstream media may not air the counter arguments, and that is their prerogative if they feel that the arguments are not substantial. However, as you know, social media and the internet is awash with counter views and arguments for anyone (except the Chinese) to go and explore. If the majority choose not to follow the minority for whatever reason, you cannot with any integrity claim that the minority have not been given the opportunity to put their case. Where is your evidence that "the powers that be" (and who are they exactly?) have closed down argument? Closing down means that there are no outlets for people to express their views. Nobody has the right to make their statements on whatever media platforms (the press and on TV) they choose. That applies to me as well as you.

"There is more risk to a child in taking this jab than getting covid, is that too hard for you to admit?"

The official report states that there is a very small benefit to the individual of having the vaccination. But we don't live our lives in isolation, so the community as well as other things like education disruption effects should be considered. So your statement above is both selective and not necessarily correct. As it happens, I don't think kids should get the jab either though.

It is making selective and ultimately misleading statements that undermine the counter arguments more than anything, and most of your posts on this subject have been riddled with these flaws, as pointed out previously.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Third Covid Wave on 08:12 - Nov 5 with 946 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 08:07 - Nov 5 by Berber

"Those people" are trying to get a point of view across because the powers that be have closed down debate and called every counter argument "misinformation" and managed to get militant Covid fanatics like you, that have bought the propaganda hook, line and sinker to do their policing for them."

That is completely fallacious. The mainstream media may not air the counter arguments, and that is their prerogative if they feel that the arguments are not substantial. However, as you know, social media and the internet is awash with counter views and arguments for anyone (except the Chinese) to go and explore. If the majority choose not to follow the minority for whatever reason, you cannot with any integrity claim that the minority have not been given the opportunity to put their case. Where is your evidence that "the powers that be" (and who are they exactly?) have closed down argument? Closing down means that there are no outlets for people to express their views. Nobody has the right to make their statements on whatever media platforms (the press and on TV) they choose. That applies to me as well as you.

"There is more risk to a child in taking this jab than getting covid, is that too hard for you to admit?"

The official report states that there is a very small benefit to the individual of having the vaccination. But we don't live our lives in isolation, so the community as well as other things like education disruption effects should be considered. So your statement above is both selective and not necessarily correct. As it happens, I don't think kids should get the jab either though.

It is making selective and ultimately misleading statements that undermine the counter arguments more than anything, and most of your posts on this subject have been riddled with these flaws, as pointed out previously.

Your patience is admirable.

Third Covid Wave on 16:37 - Nov 5 with 887 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 15:48 - Nov 2 by saint68

Now that very scenario you imagine isn't anything new at all...it has happened for decades with the seasonal flu.. but you just carry on with the over the top covid-19 project fear Sogs.

There you go again, trying to pretend that Covid is just like the flu. It isn’t. Tell those of the 140,000 who have lost loved ones in this country that it is project fear. Tell that to the poor bastards that have been suffering with Long Covid.
Third Covid Wave on 17:09 - Nov 5 with 868 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 16:37 - Nov 5 by Sadoldgit

There you go again, trying to pretend that Covid is just like the flu. It isn’t. Tell those of the 140,000 who have lost loved ones in this country that it is project fear. Tell that to the poor bastards that have been suffering with Long Covid.

half of that lost their lives to flu over 1 winter, just a couple of years ago

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Third Covid Wave on 17:58 - Nov 5 with 844 viewsGasGiant

Third Covid Wave on 06:19 - Nov 4 by Jellybaby

How long do you believe we need to wait for these "long term consequences?" i ask this because I asume you have had several innoculations in your lifetime and I wonder how long you felt was needed for them? What do you think would have happened if we had prevaricated over TB, or Diptheria? Or Typhus? or Typhoid? How would we actually know what any "Long term effects" might be, considering that the long term effect of not vaccinating was either a painful death or life shortening chronic illness? Did you/ Would you have denied your child a polio vaccine because of the "Long term consequences"? I don't suppose you need to be told of the long term consequences for a child catching polio but how long did you require the polio vaccine and how would it have been tested to your satisfaction? Moving on, I also wonder how long you think the flu vaccine requires before you deem it "safe" considering it is a new vaccine every year to match the latest flu variant that also mutates every year. Do you think we should stop the flu vaccine in that case? You state that the covid vaccine (all of them?) causes injury and death. Can you put up the statistical probablilities of these "injuries and deaths" where there is a proven causal link, and compare that figure to the injury and death statistics of Covid victims in the population at large? TThis is interesting because a flu vaccine clearly has less than a year in development and trial, and covid has now been with us for two years and the vaccines have been around at least as long as the latest flu vaccine. so tell me, how long do you intend to delay, and will you then happily step up to be vaccinated, or will you jump to the next conspiracy theory as a convenient excuse not to?
Third Covid Wave on 00:08 - Nov 6 with 775 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 17:09 - Nov 5 by JaySaint

half of that lost their lives to flu over 1 winter, just a couple of years ago

I didn’t say that flu isn’t a problem, Covid however is a bigger international problem.
Third Covid Wave on 00:57 - Nov 6 with 770 viewsBicester_North

Third Covid Wave on 08:12 - Nov 5 by DorsetIan

Your patience is admirable.

“No parent or child is being 'pressured' into anything”

You lied and talked biased bollocks. Liars are bad people. Stop telling lies f*cker.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Third Covid Wave on 06:06 - Nov 6 with 737 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 00:08 - Nov 6 by Sadoldgit

I didn’t say that flu isn’t a problem, Covid however is a bigger international problem.

Mate 140000 that have died WiTH .not of...and within 28 days....it isnt the mega killer virus you make it out to be....if it was the age range would be from new born to 100..

It isn't though is it...its like a flu funnily enough and has just like the flu..which didn't turn up last year, killed the weak and infirm.

Covid 19 deaths in the ( general healthy population) are miniscule..

Well over 99% had serious underlying issues with their health..

I mean when you even categorise people who have died in car crashes as covid-19 deaths then you know somethings bloody wrong.

Excess deaths for 2020 were 10.9% higher than the previous year..but oddly enough it was the 15th lowest annual mortality rate since the turn of the millennium.

Third Covid Wave on 06:12 - Nov 6 with 736 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 00:57 - Nov 6 by Bicester_North

“No parent or child is being 'pressured' into anything”

You lied and talked biased bollocks. Liars are bad people. Stop telling lies f*cker.

He just can't stop lying...its as if he is either just plain ignorant or a compulsive vicious liar.

Third Covid Wave on 11:17 - Nov 6 with 686 viewsGasGiant

Third Covid Wave on 06:06 - Nov 6 by saint68

Mate 140000 that have died WiTH .not of...and within 28 days....it isnt the mega killer virus you make it out to be....if it was the age range would be from new born to 100..

It isn't though is it...its like a flu funnily enough and has just like the flu..which didn't turn up last year, killed the weak and infirm.

Covid 19 deaths in the ( general healthy population) are miniscule..

Well over 99% had serious underlying issues with their health..

I mean when you even categorise people who have died in car crashes as covid-19 deaths then you know somethings bloody wrong.

Excess deaths for 2020 were 10.9% higher than the previous year..but oddly enough it was the 15th lowest annual mortality rate since the turn of the millennium.

Can you explain why there are no crowds claiming that a) Flu doesn't kill that many people so no vaccines are necessary b) The flu vaccine is more dangerous than flu itself c) Flu doesn't actually exist and the vaccine is just something used by the Government to control the people d) Flu symptoms are actually just caused by the 5G network? I only ask because you are seeking to equate Covid paranoia with the annual flu programme (which is actually all about protecting the most vulnerable old people in society, not the fit younger ones). I agree with you about the inflated covid death statistics, but have you looked at the TB mortality rates lately? Precisely, there aren't any, because we have had a successful TB campaign for so many years that there is now a herd immunity among the general population thanks to vaccination. The same is happening with Covid and the successful campaign of innoculation. Why would any rational altruistic person not do something to help that process when the cost to them is so small?
Third Covid Wave on 11:50 - Nov 6 with 673 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 11:17 - Nov 6 by GasGiant

Can you explain why there are no crowds claiming that a) Flu doesn't kill that many people so no vaccines are necessary b) The flu vaccine is more dangerous than flu itself c) Flu doesn't actually exist and the vaccine is just something used by the Government to control the people d) Flu symptoms are actually just caused by the 5G network? I only ask because you are seeking to equate Covid paranoia with the annual flu programme (which is actually all about protecting the most vulnerable old people in society, not the fit younger ones). I agree with you about the inflated covid death statistics, but have you looked at the TB mortality rates lately? Precisely, there aren't any, because we have had a successful TB campaign for so many years that there is now a herd immunity among the general population thanks to vaccination. The same is happening with Covid and the successful campaign of innoculation. Why would any rational altruistic person not do something to help that process when the cost to them is so small?

Targeted care and financial assistance to the most vulnerable was the way forward in this instance..not full lockdowns and the horrendous fallout from no routine GP or NHS access for the best part of 18 months.

If the figures are going to be around 80000 deaths this year then that's more than without the vaccines GG

Third Covid Wave on 12:02 - Nov 6 with 669 viewsdarthvader

Is this now the longest thread on here ?

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024