Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smyth 19:55 - Jul 16 with 22364 viewsconnell10

Where is he injured???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Smyth on 16:58 - Jul 19 with 3257 viewsRblockPrior

For me I would much rather we kept a player who is on our books, young and driven to do well for the club he is owned by than getting in a half arsed prem youngster who thinks the championship is below him and he will return after a season

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Smyth on 17:16 - Jul 19 with 3165 viewsfrancisbowles

We have got to field as strong a team as we can afford to. Only so many young inexperienced players we can risk starting the season with. Otherwise the fears about the R word become greater. We have to hop that those that come in add quality to the squad.
Smyth on 17:35 - Jul 19 with 3087 viewsLblock

This is hilarious sh1t that only QPR can serve you up regularly.

We make a statement about loaning out a prospect who has actually scored in open play for the club and is keen as mustard and follow it up with "we need to get a couple of strikers in but they've got to be as cheap as a dockside whore and want to bend over for us and nobody else"

The club is beyond fcukd

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Smyth on 17:35 - Jul 19 with 3083 viewsLblock

Anyway.... JJB... I'm mega confident on that bet now.

Smyth on 18:32 - Jul 19 with 2930 viewsPunteR

Smyth on 13:47 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Yeh, I feel this way too.

And as I said in the piece around the Dominic Ball transfer, we're very quickly working ourselves into quite the corner should we do our usual thing or getting rid of this manager in 8-12 months. This is going to be a Warburton team, full of his players, for his very particular way of playing the game from front to back and left to right the way we're going, with 13 new arrivals rumoured now, Matt Smith flogged, little Smyth loaned, ball playing centre backs signed and so on.

I can just hear whoever replaces him talking about the need for more physical presence and height up front, more power at the back, two or three transfer windows to get it right, players kicking their heels in the background waiting for contracts to run down and so on.

Very concerned.

or we just dont sack the manager for once and let him do his job?

yeh i know.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Smyth on 18:34 - Jul 19 with 2922 viewsW12Mikey

Very disappointing that after he made a successful debut in 2017/18 QPR still believe they haven't developed Smyth to the level where he is worth keeping in the first team squad, let alone being a regular starter. I accept that the coaches who see him in training every day have more to go on than I do, but I see this as a high risk move for Warburton in terms of relations with fans. His new signings that he is promising will have to perform. If instead he now brings in a bunch of injury-prone has-beens from his former clubs and QPR have a poor start to the season, fans are not going to be happy.
Smyth on 18:49 - Jul 19 with 2868 viewsLblock

Smyth on 18:34 - Jul 19 by W12Mikey

Very disappointing that after he made a successful debut in 2017/18 QPR still believe they haven't developed Smyth to the level where he is worth keeping in the first team squad, let alone being a regular starter. I accept that the coaches who see him in training every day have more to go on than I do, but I see this as a high risk move for Warburton in terms of relations with fans. His new signings that he is promising will have to perform. If instead he now brings in a bunch of injury-prone has-beens from his former clubs and QPR have a poor start to the season, fans are not going to be happy.

People's defence will be "it was the making of Eze" but I agree with you 1,000%

Why cant we actually spot, nurture, coach and develop players to be better than they were when joining?

Then I suppose the antithesis to that would be that we've not really let anyone go who has then torn it up anywhere else lately. Sterling would be the only one and we hardly let him go and he's a one off talent.

Billy Smarts Rangers FC

Smyth on 19:06 - Jul 19 with 2825 viewsVancouverHoop

OK devil's advocate time. He had a brilliant start for us, scored a blinder on his debut but then didn't play much (2 goals in 16 games).

Loaned to Accrington, played really well early on, then seems to have tailed off again. (3 goals in 15 games).

For Northern Ireland 18 games and 2 goals at all levels.

Going back to his time at Linfield he scored 15 goals in 66 appearances.

He's exciting largely because he's fast, and we haven't had a genuine speedster for sometime, but – so far – his record doesn't show that he's any sort of natural goal-scorer. That doesn't mean he won't become one. Nor does it mean that if he doesn't, he can't become a genuine asset, but he, and the club, have got work to do to get him there.
Login to get fewer ads

Smyth on 19:07 - Jul 19 with 2820 viewsconnell10

If Smyth cant get in this Rangers squad he may as well leave because if it was me i would feel insulted by being snub yet again, this has really pissed me off!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Smyth on 19:24 - Jul 19 with 2764 viewsrsonist

Meanwhile at Derby, Boro, Reading and the other FFP-busting sides...
Smyth on 20:08 - Jul 19 with 2673 viewsQPR_John

Smyth on 18:34 - Jul 19 by W12Mikey

"I accept that the coaches who see him in training every day have more to go on than I do, but I see this as a high risk move for Warburton in terms of relations with fans."

I would hope any manager does not make decisions based on any perceived relationship with the fans.
Smyth on 20:21 - Jul 19 with 2643 viewsessextaxiboy

Smyth on 20:08 - Jul 19 by QPR_John

"I accept that the coaches who see him in training every day have more to go on than I do, but I see this as a high risk move for Warburton in terms of relations with fans."

I would hope any manager does not make decisions based on any perceived relationship with the fans.

Mystified by this .Smyth for me has electric pace and has proved he can finish . Brite takes 10 yards to get to speed and chokes when gets a chance . The wrong one has gone on loan IMO ... I am right behind the manager but we have been here before with 8 or 9 new faces for the first league game .
Smyth on 21:03 - Jul 19 with 2554 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Smyth on 19:06 - Jul 19 by VancouverHoop

OK devil's advocate time. He had a brilliant start for us, scored a blinder on his debut but then didn't play much (2 goals in 16 games).

Loaned to Accrington, played really well early on, then seems to have tailed off again. (3 goals in 15 games).

He's exciting largely because he's fast, and we haven't had a genuine speedster for sometime, but – so far – his record doesn't show that he's any sort of natural goal-scorer. That doesn't mean he won't become one. Nor does it mean that if he doesn't, he can't become a genuine asset, but he, and the club, have got work to do to get him there.

I agree with you, Vancouver. I think this will do him and us good.

If he wasn't on a three-year deal I might feel differently, or I might feel differently if I was slightly more convinced he's ready now for this level, but the plan should hopefully be:-

This year - loan and develop
Next year - Rangers first-team, knowing that he is still contract-protected.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 21:04]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Smyth on 22:47 - Jul 19 with 2369 viewsbosh67

Playing double devil's avocado he's not been given the games on a regular basis or the chance.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smyth on 23:27 - Jul 19 with 2310 viewsozexile

Players like Smyth and Goss would thrive in the old set up where we had reserve team football. At present they're not good enough for the first team but learning nothing in the u 23's.
Smyth on 01:16 - Jul 20 with 2207 viewsMatch82

Smyth on 22:47 - Jul 19 by bosh67

Playing double devil's avocado he's not been given the games on a regular basis or the chance.

Double devil's avocado is my new favourite phrase and possibly my fantasy football team name this year
Smyth on 06:46 - Jul 20 with 2082 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well something isn’t going right here.

We talk about him as a total novice and yet, based on the few games he has played, he has managed to play for his country. Either he really isn’t good enough or, we’re incapable of nurturing talent.

I’m tempted to say that there’s probably more issues with us. While it’s never a given that a promising teenager will push on, but we seem to: acquire lots of lads; hold on to them for a good few years; hear and in some cases, see earlier positives; and before you know it, they’re discarded.

I think he’s 21/22 so he really should have more game time and maybe this is the thinking, but hopefully we’ll start seeing these talents actually getting game time innHoops.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Smyth on 08:59 - Jul 20 with 1938 viewsdaveB

he is a wide player so think it's unfair to say he's not a natural goalscorer as you wouldn't expect that from wide players
Smyth on 09:07 - Jul 20 with 1924 viewsrsonist

Has anyone describing him as though he's the second coming of Tony Scully ever actually watched Smyth play...?
Smyth on 09:38 - Jul 20 with 1892 viewsoldmisery

Smyth on 09:07 - Jul 20 by rsonist

Has anyone describing him as though he's the second coming of Tony Scully ever actually watched Smyth play...?

Well he's certainly as quick as Scully was, the difference is that he remembers to take the ball with him when he runs down the line.
Smyth on 09:43 - Jul 20 with 1877 viewsterryb

I like Paul Smyth & would have him in our squad rather than loaning him out.

However, Connor Washington was preferred to him for the N Ireland team. That is the same player that was trashed by many of you & played a lot less league matches last season than Smyth.

Maybe coaches/managers are looking for a bit more than the pace/endeavour that we know Paul has? Maybe we see more in his potential than they do?
Smyth on 10:51 - Jul 20 with 1820 views18StoneOfHoop

As Hayesender indicated in September on here.
Maybe it's The Clinton Morrison Problem.
i.e. his not-backward-at-coming-forward Mum.

https://www.90min.com/posts/2999428-mother-s-day-7-mums-and-their-football-playi

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/forum/230162/3297770/
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 11:04]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Smyth on 11:31 - Jul 20 with 1741 viewsrsonist

Smyth on 09:43 - Jul 20 by terryb

However, Connor Washington was preferred to him for the N Ireland team. That is the same player that was trashed by many of you & played a lot less league matches last season than Smyth.

Maybe coaches/managers are looking for a bit more than the pace/endeavour that we know Paul has? Maybe we see more in his potential than they do?

Or maybe they just have different, not directly comparable attributes the manager wishes to use at different times. If you want to start games with a hard pressing defensive forward you're not picking the flyweight streak of pi55.
Smyth on 12:06 - Jul 20 with 1698 viewsdaveB

Smyth on 09:43 - Jul 20 by terryb

They play in different positions so Washington wasn't picked ahead of him
Smyth on 12:26 - Jul 20 with 1666 viewsrsonist

Smyth on 08:59 - Jul 20 by daveB

he is a wide player so think it's unfair to say he's not a natural goalscorer as you wouldn't expect that from wide players

Maybe 20 years ago. Is Mo Salah a striker or a winger?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024