Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smyth 19:55 - Jul 16 with 22361 viewsconnell10

Where is he injured???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Smyth on 09:17 - Jul 19 with 2638 viewsrsonist

That being said I'm suspicious of what people at the club actually mean when they repeatedly imply Smyth needs development. I would love to hear someone explain where they see him and where he's lacking.

To me his game is all instinct and quick wits and natural talent (like that lovely goal v Sheff Wed) that work the same way against opposition of any level, and these are all sorts of unteachable intangibles that fundamentally you either embrace or stifle. Same way Austin was a mediocre ~footballer~ (the way modern managers want everyone on the pitch including the keeper to be a midfielder) but a quite brilliant elemental striker. Are we looking to refine his game because we appreciate it or trying to change it because we can't see the wood for the trees? It appears it's up to whoever manages him on loan to figure it out for us.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 9:20]
Smyth on 09:31 - Jul 19 with 2584 viewsfrancisbowles

Smyth on 08:52 - Jul 19 by QPROslo

And now looking like he's off to Wycome on loan. Good move for his progression, he's shown little to show he's ready for the Championship yet.

Agreed, he needs games and experience and then maybe he can add consistency to that great but raw talent.

I think the professional coaches who see him every day, have a much better grasp of what he has, what he needs and finding a way to attempt to get it, than any of us fans.
Smyth on 10:10 - Jul 19 with 2491 viewsdaveB

I find the whole thing ridiculous,

Firstly due to the player he is this seem odd to get rid of him, he is quick, direct, can play in multiple positions and if you don't want to start him he'd be a really useful sub especially away from home to play on the break. January is a long time away and even if we don't want him to start a season he could easily break into the side in one of the 26 games we have before the next window when we can recall him.

More importantly it's a mad way to go about things with what the club needs in terms of developing players and selling them on. Of the current squad bar Luongo we really need one of Smyth, Eze or Bright to excel and be sold next summer but we're loaning one of them out already and building a team around loan players again. I really don't get what they are trying to do anymore. The club seems to lack direction since Holloway left.
Smyth on 10:19 - Jul 19 with 2462 viewsfrancisbowles

Smyth on 10:10 - Jul 19 by daveB

Firstly due to the player he is this seem odd to get rid of him, he is quick, direct, can play in multiple positions and if you don't want to start him he'd be a really useful sub especially away from home to play on the break. January is a long time away and even if we don't want him to start a season he could easily break into the side in one of the 26 games we have before the next window when we can recall him.

More importantly it's a mad way to go about things with what the club needs in terms of developing players and selling them on. Of the current squad bar Luongo we really need one of Smyth, Eze or Bright to excel and be sold next summer but we're loaning one of them out already and building a team around loan players again. I really don't get what they are trying to do anymore. The club seems to lack direction since Holloway left.

But.... it seems that BOS, Shodipo, Eze, Chair and maybe others are ahead of him in the pecking order...so he is not likely to develop if he is not getting games.
Smyth on 10:20 - Jul 19 with 2458 viewsozexile

He can't have had time to judge him in such a short space of time. Same goes for Goss who is going as well I read.
I really don't know anymore. I could understand this if we were mid table premiership. At present we're gonna struggle to stay up in the championship.
Smyth on 10:20 - Jul 19 with 2458 viewsdaveB

Smyth on 10:19 - Jul 19 by francisbowles

But.... it seems that BOS, Shodipo, Eze, Chair and maybe others are ahead of him in the pecking order...so he is not likely to develop if he is not getting games.

Eze and Chair play in different positions to him so doubt they make a difference.
Smyth on 10:28 - Jul 19 with 2433 viewsfrancisbowles

Smyth on 10:20 - Jul 19 by daveB

Eze and Chair play in different positions to him so doubt they make a difference.

Well in a 4231 aren't they all competing for positions in the three and maybe Scowen is added to that now if he is playing further forward?
Smyth on 10:31 - Jul 19 with 2425 viewsdaveB

Smyth on 10:28 - Jul 19 by francisbowles

Well in a 4231 aren't they all competing for positions in the three and maybe Scowen is added to that now if he is playing further forward?

If he had played pre season and just didn't do very well i could understand it but 2 games in bright and Shodipo have done very little, we have no other options out wide unless we play people out of position. Of course we can and probably will buy people but we have a good player, good attitude, right age on our books and we're not using him. Thats not good enough imo

At some point the club are going to have to stop talking about developing our own players and actually do it
Login to get fewer ads

Smyth on 10:34 - Jul 19 with 2409 viewsRblockPrior

Smyth is miles better than Shodipo who in my opinion is a league 2 standard player. Amazes me how Warburton prefers him to Smyth
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 10:43]

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Smyth on 10:39 - Jul 19 with 2395 viewsfrancisbowles

Smyth on 10:31 - Jul 19 by daveB

If he had played pre season and just didn't do very well i could understand it but 2 games in bright and Shodipo have done very little, we have no other options out wide unless we play people out of position. Of course we can and probably will buy people but we have a good player, good attitude, right age on our books and we're not using him. Thats not good enough imo

At some point the club are going to have to stop talking about developing our own players and actually do it

Well I'm not going to disagree with those points, however as things are with Warburton, I assume, not thinking he is ready, then it is probably best for all that he goes and gets some games. I don't think his last loan was consistently great, so may be this time he can do his thing more regularly and come back a better player. If he is outstanding we can bring him back in January.

I've read he has two years left with us and we may have an option for a further year, so I hope it can work for him this season.
Smyth on 10:48 - Jul 19 with 2370 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Smyth on 10:19 - Jul 19 by francisbowles

Yes and if we’re going to be playing wing back system then having a glut of wingers perhaps isn’t the best thing. TBH going on Tuesday nights game, Manning seems to be our most effective wide player atm. Wallace still to come in etc.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Smyth on 11:43 - Jul 19 with 2244 viewsRangersw12

Looks like we are giving in to the manager and allowing him free reign again

We really are a pathetic club sometimes. Don't want to develop our own players and going down short term route of loans
Smyth on 11:47 - Jul 19 with 2234 viewstoboboly

Smyth on 10:10 - Jul 19 by daveB

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

In that vein I would be interested to know how many of the signings have come via Penrice and his team.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Smyth on 11:53 - Jul 19 with 2216 viewslave16

Smyth on 11:47 - Jul 19 by toboboly

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

In that vein I would be interested to know how many of the signings have come via Penrice and his team.

How much of the transfer budget is going on loans

in essence we are paying to stand still aiming for 21st or above and will rinse and repeat this same scenario next year...

hoping some of warbos permanent signings will be sellable - defence and keeper will be getting plenty of opportunity to show their skills as we have no strikers

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Smyth on 12:02 - Jul 19 with 2182 viewsJJB

Smyth on 09:14 - Jul 19 by ozexile

Seems strange to me. One of the only players we have who could come off the bench and scare the opposition. I wouldn't want to face him as a defender with tired legs. Warburton must be an excellent coach as we've got rid of our long ball option smith and now getting rid of our pace outlet option.

And to think Peterborough made us a offer for him and now we are sending him out on loan and after this season he only has a year on his contract.

That's so QPR.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Smyth on 12:05 - Jul 19 with 2167 viewsdaveB

Smyth on 12:02 - Jul 19 by JJB

And to think Peterborough made us a offer for him and now we are sending him out on loan and after this season he only has a year on his contract.

That's so QPR.

he signed a new 3 year deal in January
Smyth on 13:22 - Jul 19 with 1971 viewsPinnerPaul

Smyth on 14:02 - Jul 18 by francisbowles

Not sure that Holloway kept playing him....from the 17th February till the end of the season there were 15 games and he was on the bench for 8, not in the squad for 1 and made 6 starts, playing the full ninety minutes on just 3 occasions.

He wasn't consistently effective either with one goal and one assist in this spell to be added to the one goal he got on his very good debut. He followed his debut with 90 mins in the FA cup 3rd round defeat to MK Dons, then I think he picked up an injury which kept him out of the squad for five games.

Don't come on here letting facts get in the way of the fantasy that we have a world beater in our ranks, if only we would play him.
Smyth on 13:24 - Jul 19 with 1961 viewsTheChef

Hope he gets plenty of game time at Wycombe and develops further. He's got a three year contract as mentioned so you'd hope this is all with a view to us getting the most from him in a QPR shirt in the future.

It's funny though with footballers, the less they play the more amazing they become!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Smyth on 13:25 - Jul 19 with 1955 viewsPinnerPaul

Smyth on 09:14 - Jul 19 by ozexile

Seems strange to me. One of the only players we have who could come off the bench and scare the opposition. I wouldn't want to face him as a defender with tired legs. Warburton must be an excellent coach as we've got rid of our long ball option smith and now getting rid of our pace outlet option.

With all due respect, that pace bit is just nonsense

We have Shodipo, Chair and Bright for pace.
Smyth on 13:27 - Jul 19 with 1945 viewsNorthernr

Smyth on 13:25 - Jul 19 by PinnerPaul

With all due respect, that pace bit is just nonsense

We have Shodipo, Chair and Bright for pace.

On the rare occasions that Shodipo is
a) not injured
and
b) not fallen over

Smyth on 13:27 - Jul 19 with 1943 viewsLongsufferingR

Smyth on 13:22 - Jul 19 by PinnerPaul

Don't come on here letting facts get in the way of the fantasy that we have a world beater in our ranks, if only we would play him.

Now who's exaggerating? Not one person has said he's a world beater. Deserves a proper run in the side as far as I'm concerned.
Smyth on 13:34 - Jul 19 with 1905 viewsdistortR

I'm actually not convinced I would put BOS ahead of Smyth. And no, it's not a case of either or.

Like them both, but I know which one I'd bet on to put the ball in the net.
Smyth on 13:41 - Jul 19 with 1879 viewsdaveB

Smyth on 13:22 - Jul 19 by PinnerPaul

Who said we have a world beater?

We have a promising kid who we could use and who we have just given a long contract to but he will be spending at least the first 12 months of that contract playing for someone else whilst we pay for short term fixes to replace him. It once again goes against everything the club have talked about doing,

I'll hold on going full nuclear until after the transfer window but it all feels very similar to last summer at the moment
Smyth on 13:43 - Jul 19 with 1869 viewsdaveB

Smyth on 13:34 - Jul 19 by distortR

I'm actually not convinced I would put BOS ahead of Smyth. And no, it's not a case of either or.

Like them both, but I know which one I'd bet on to put the ball in the net.

Ideally you'd rotate the two of them rather than flog one to death and ignore the other
Smyth on 13:47 - Jul 19 with 1853 viewsNorthernr

Smyth on 13:41 - Jul 19 by daveB

Who said we have a world beater?

We have a promising kid who we could use and who we have just given a long contract to but he will be spending at least the first 12 months of that contract playing for someone else whilst we pay for short term fixes to replace him. It once again goes against everything the club have talked about doing,

I'll hold on going full nuclear until after the transfer window but it all feels very similar to last summer at the moment

Yeh, I feel this way too.

And as I said in the piece around the Dominic Ball transfer, we're very quickly working ourselves into quite the corner should we do our usual thing or getting rid of this manager in 8-12 months. This is going to be a Warburton team, full of his players, for his very particular way of playing the game from front to back and left to right the way we're going, with 13 new arrivals rumoured now, Matt Smith flogged, little Smyth loaned, ball playing centre backs signed and so on.

I can just hear whoever replaces him talking about the need for more physical presence and height up front, more power at the back, two or three transfer windows to get it right, players kicking their heels in the background waiting for contracts to run down and so on.

Very concerned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024