Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ash - from a friend of a friend. 08:08 - Aug 7 with 25737 viewsThornburyswan

No pictures or quotes to back it up but 'I know someone who is very friendly with Ash's family' & she has heard that Everton have offered to almost double his wages' & he sees it as his last significant contract - he has been looking at property up in the North West.

I guess we could offer him more money to stay but suspect if Everton get anywhere near £12M+ we'll move on - assuming Fed's fit looks like him & Amat to me @ Burnley.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:13 - Aug 7 with 9626 viewsSwansNZ

He's got to feed his family somehow, poor thing.

Why would we offer him more money? He's already got a contract.

Agree that we should sell for 12 million.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:19 - Aug 7 with 9573 viewsWhiterockin

If he wants to go and we won't accept the £10M it is up to Everton to up the offer. If that means reducing the future wages to cover the cost so be it.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:22 - Aug 7 with 9546 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Maybe Everton should have considered the old fashioned route of having a bid accepted before discussing personal terms with the player?

Having tapped him up to the point of offering to double his wages you'd have thought they'd have quickly offered an increase on the £8M rising to £10M with add ons that was turned down by the Swans.

We may have indicated that we'll accept a bit more but not until we've secured a replacement as we seem to have done with Ayew?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:30 - Aug 7 with 9480 viewssomersetsimon

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:22 - Aug 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Maybe Everton should have considered the old fashioned route of having a bid accepted before discussing personal terms with the player?

Having tapped him up to the point of offering to double his wages you'd have thought they'd have quickly offered an increase on the £8M rising to £10M with add ons that was turned down by the Swans.

We may have indicated that we'll accept a bit more but not until we've secured a replacement as we seem to have done with Ayew?

If we are happy with Amat and Fernandez as first choice then i think we'd be less concerned about getting a replacement first. Shouldn't be too hard to find a 3rd or 4th choice CB.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:37 - Aug 7 with 9409 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:30 - Aug 7 by somersetsimon

If we are happy with Amat and Fernandez as first choice then i think we'd be less concerned about getting a replacement first. Shouldn't be too hard to find a 3rd or 4th choice CB.

Indeed that may be the case.

Which would make it surprising that they haven't offered a few more million to get him up there asap to start training with his new team.

Have they cooled on Ash? Are they looking elsewhere? Are they hopeful that Stones may not leave after all?

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:43 - Aug 7 with 9338 viewsSwansNZ

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:37 - Aug 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Which would make it surprising that they haven't offered a few more million to get him up there asap to start training with his new team.

Have they cooled on Ash? Are they looking elsewhere? Are they hopeful that Stones may not leave after all?

I doubt they'd be hopeful Stones stayed, if they can get £50 million for him

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:45 - Aug 7 with 9323 viewsjack247

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:37 - Aug 7 by Joe_bradshaw

I think they bid for Fonte as well as Ash. Doubt they will need them both
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:51 - Aug 7 with 9257 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:43 - Aug 7 by SwansNZ

Clearly City aren't offering close to £50M yet. They've tried to throw Bony into the deal (when they claimed Bony was worth north of 20M). That failed and strangely Bony is now available for £13M.

Login to get fewer ads

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:54 - Aug 7 with 9218 viewsClinton

Sadly I think It's time to say thanks and goodbye to Ash. If he stays will he resent the fact we didn't let him go for his last big pay day. He's got to finish sometime, no one goes on forever. We all probably have that little niggle in the back of our minds that we might fall apart without the big man, but let's bite the bullet anyway.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:58 - Aug 7 with 9188 viewssomersetsimon

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:43 - Aug 7 by SwansNZ

Whichever agent started the rumour that Stones is worth £50M is a genius. Most people seem to have accepted the idea that he's a £50M player despite any evidence to support that.
If Man City manage to buy him for 'only' £30M, they will think they have a bargain!
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:58 - Aug 7 with 9185 viewsSwansNZ

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:54 - Aug 7 by Clinton

Sadly I think It's time to say thanks and goodbye to Ash. If he stays will he resent the fact we didn't let him go for his last big pay day. He's got to finish sometime, no one goes on forever. We all probably have that little niggle in the back of our minds that we might fall apart without the big man, but let's bite the bullet anyway.

He's under contract, so we're not just going to "let him go".
Everton pay what we want, then no doubt we will be willing to sell him. Until then, he can stay.

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:59 - Aug 7 with 9171 viewsSwansNZ

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:58 - Aug 7 by somersetsimon

Whichever agent started the rumour that Stones is worth £50M is a genius. Most people seem to have accepted the idea that he's a £50M player despite any evidence to support that.
If Man City manage to buy him for 'only' £30M, they will think they have a bargain!

There in no evidence because he's not worth £50 million, not even half that figure if you ask me.

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:03 - Aug 7 with 9133 viewskarnataka

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:59 - Aug 7 by SwansNZ

There in no evidence because he's not worth £50 million, not even half that figure if you ask me.

Agreed, surely the most overrated player of recent times and that includes Stirling!
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:05 - Aug 7 with 9112 viewsDr_Winston

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:03 - Aug 7 by karnataka

Agreed, surely the most overrated player of recent times and that includes Stirling!

Pogba.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:05 - Aug 7 with 9109 viewsItchySphincter

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 08:54 - Aug 7 by Clinton

We'll be fine FFS. He's one player.

Thanks and all that but cheerio.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:16 - Aug 7 with 9007 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:05 - Aug 7 by ItchySphincter

We'll be fine FFS. He's one player.

Thanks and all that but cheerio.

Agreed. I'd take the 10 million if I'm honest

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:18 - Aug 7 with 8967 viewsJackfath

If they are going to double his wages then good luck to him. Anyone on here who wouldn't do exactly the same is a liar and a fool. Consider he could set his children up for life, given that he only has a few years left to play is an opportunity nobody could turn down.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:20 - Aug 7 with 8937 viewsSwansNZ

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:18 - Aug 7 by Jackfath

If they are going to double his wages then good luck to him. Anyone on here who wouldn't do exactly the same is a liar and a fool. Consider he could set his children up for life, given that he only has a few years left to play is an opportunity nobody could turn down.

You think he has not earned enough to set up his family already?

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:24 - Aug 7 with 8887 viewsdobjack2

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:18 - Aug 7 by Jackfath

Stop fishing.

he already earns more in a year than most earn in a 40 year working life.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:26 - Aug 7 with 8865 viewsSwansNZ

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:24 - Aug 7 by dobjack2

Stop fishing.

he already earns more in a year than most earn in a 40 year working life.

Anyway, nobody is begrudging him the move, but Everton have to meet our valuation.

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:29 - Aug 7 with 8826 viewsJackfath

Not fishing (it's odd that when one posts a differing viewpoint people automatically assume one must be fishing) Neither am I saying he hasn't earned enough. It's all relative. I cannot understand those who would begrudge someone "doubling" their wages for the next few years until they retire.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:34 - Aug 7 with 8784 viewsSwansNZ

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:29 - Aug 7 by Jackfath

Not fishing (it's odd that when one posts a differing viewpoint people automatically assume one must be fishing) Neither am I saying he hasn't earned enough. It's all relative. I cannot understand those who would begrudge someone "doubling" their wages for the next few years until they retire.

It's not really a different point of view. Most are content to let Ash go ... But Everton have to meet our price.

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:35 - Aug 7 with 8748 viewsJackfath

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:34 - Aug 7 by SwansNZ

It's not really a different point of view. Most are content to let Ash go ... But Everton have to meet our price.

Agreed. That's a different matter though.

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:41 - Aug 7 with 8677 viewslifelong

I think there's more to this move than just the money.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:51 - Aug 7 with 8591 viewsplasjack

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 09:41 - Aug 7 by lifelong

I think there's more to this move than just the money.

Another conspiracy theory?.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024