Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ash - from a friend of a friend. 08:08 - Aug 7 with 25741 viewsThornburyswan

No pictures or quotes to back it up but 'I know someone who is very friendly with Ash's family' & she has heard that Everton have offered to almost double his wages' & he sees it as his last significant contract - he has been looking at property up in the North West.

I guess we could offer him more money to stay but suspect if Everton get anywhere near £12M+ we'll move on - assuming Fed's fit looks like him & Amat to me @ Burnley.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 11:43 - Aug 8 with 3249 viewsblaine_scfc

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 11:37 - Aug 8 by bt95

I joined up on here a few months back when there were rumours re. Naismith joining you guys.

I'm rarely 'ITK' on much - but one of my colleagues (and it's our job to get stuff like this right) has very good contacts at Swansea - he's a fan incidentally.

The situation is this, as far as the info he has received:

- Monday last week a deal was agreed in principle between the two clubs. Hence the reports from the local press in South Wales on Monday evening.

- EFC opened talks with Williams and by Tuesday the deal with the player was agreed.

- Tuesday afternoon/evening Swansea moved the goalposts on the initial fee and wanted more money (I'm not sure on the figures - he didn't have the info). Common consensus is that the initial offer on Monday was between £8m and £10m, so I imagine it was either more money needed up front or more in total. Btw, I also want to stress that no EFC fan is begrudging Swansea on this. It's business. The only snidey thing really was doing it publicly (the articles on Tuesday evening) but it happens and is understandable.

- The wording of said statement ('offer currently on the table') obviously left the deal open. EFC returned with an improved bid Wednesday.

- The last I heard (which was yesterday) is that Swansea are happy with that fee. No messing about on EFC's part, just business from both clubs. This agreement may have been in place late last week. Things may have changed but as of the latest info (from the Swansea side, I personally have no contacts w/Everton) this is either done or looking very likely to be finalised.

Just wanted to put that on here. It's got nothing to do with EFC attempting to short change Swansea.

Not sure of any Arsenal links. Nothing's been said though obviously with the injury to Gabriel things may change. Williams very happy with the EFC offer though.

Possibly same situation as Ayew, we have agreed terms, Ash has agreed personal terms, but we will not sanction the deal until we have signed replacement.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 11:44 - Aug 8 with 3250 viewsbt95

Btw, also want to add that as an Evertonian I'd be thoroughly delighted with this signing.

Great player but what we're really lacking at the moment is somebody with natural leadership and the ability to organise a defence, not to mention an aerial presence.

Williams ticks all the boxes.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 11:48 - Aug 8 with 3223 viewspencoedjack

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 11:44 - Aug 8 by bt95

Btw, also want to add that as an Evertonian I'd be thoroughly delighted with this signing.

Great player but what we're really lacking at the moment is somebody with natural leadership and the ability to organise a defence, not to mention an aerial presence.

An 'aerial presence'

Think you might be disappointed fella
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 11:58 - Aug 8 with 3182 viewsMurph75

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 11:44 - Aug 8 by bt95

If it's your job to get "these things right" and you're a toffee nose how come you've not contacts with Everton?

Pretty lame effort if your work revolves around this type of stuff.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 11:59 - Aug 8 with 3185 viewsbt95

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 11:48 - Aug 8 by pencoedjack

An 'aerial presence'

Think you might be disappointed fella

Really?

Whenever Williams plays for me his is always the first to win the ball - even though he's not the biggest.

Maybe it's more down to positioning than an actual ability to leap/beat a man, but he's the type of commanding centre half Everton have missed for years...
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 12:00 - Aug 8 with 3171 viewsbt95

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 11:43 - Aug 8 by blaine_scfc

Possibly same situation as Ayew, we have agreed terms, Ash has agreed personal terms, but we will not sanction the deal until we have signed replacement.

I wouldn't know anything on that mate for definite but yeh in my opinion that does seem a distinct possibility - probably very similar to us with Stones.

Who have you got in as your Ayew replacement? Borja Baston? Obviously I know you signed Llorente the other day, but you needed a No.9 anyway really didn't you?
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 12:04 - Aug 8 with 3147 viewspencoedjack

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 11:59 - Aug 8 by bt95

Really?

Whenever Williams plays for me his is always the first to win the ball - even though he's not the biggest.

Maybe it's more down to positioning than an actual ability to leap/beat a man, but he's the type of commanding centre half Everton have missed for years...

We conceded more goals from set pieces than any team in the PL last season .

I love Ash but an aerial presence is something I would not consider to be 1 of his strengths
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 12:08 - Aug 8 with 3135 viewsbt95

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 11:58 - Aug 8 by Murph75

If it's your job to get "these things right" and you're a toffee nose how come you've not contacts with Everton?

Pretty lame effort if your work revolves around this type of stuff.

Cheers for the audit...

I don't have an extensive contacts list and the company I work for only publishes stories that are 'confirmed' (or at least, verified by multiple trusted sources).

That's what I meant in terms of 'getting things right'. Nothing will be published until it is. At the current rate nothing will be on this until it's done - unlike for example the Pogba deal which was a certainty for weeks...

However, my colleague happens to have contacts at (or in association with) Swansea. That's where this is coming from.

The only decent source I had at Everton was at the Echo. I'm not a Scouser so don't really have local contacts there either, and I'm not based in the city.

The Echo have been pretty much cut adrift since Moshiri's investment. For whatever reason.
Login to get fewer ads

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 12:15 - Aug 8 with 3088 viewsbt95

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 12:04 - Aug 8 by pencoedjack

We conceded more goals from set pieces than any team in the PL last season .

I love Ash but an aerial presence is something I would not consider to be 1 of his strengths

Fair enough.

We were bloody awful from set pieces. Things have improved under Koeman but in general play there's still some sloppy moments that need ironing out. Do think Williams would help us sort those out quickly
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 12:39 - Aug 8 with 2983 viewsMurph75

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 12:08 - Aug 8 by bt95

Cheers for the audit...

I don't have an extensive contacts list and the company I work for only publishes stories that are 'confirmed' (or at least, verified by multiple trusted sources).

That's what I meant in terms of 'getting things right'. Nothing will be published until it is. At the current rate nothing will be on this until it's done - unlike for example the Pogba deal which was a certainty for weeks...

However, my colleague happens to have contacts at (or in association with) Swansea. That's where this is coming from.

The only decent source I had at Everton was at the Echo. I'm not a Scouser so don't really have local contacts there either, and I'm not based in the city.

The Echo have been pretty much cut adrift since Moshiri's investment. For whatever reason.

Cool, so you just regurgitate crap from other rags? Do you work for the South Wales evening post by any chance?

Journalism at its finest.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 12:58 - Aug 8 with 2917 viewsbt95

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 12:39 - Aug 8 by Murph75

Cool, so you just regurgitate crap from other rags? Do you work for the South Wales evening post by any chance?

Journalism at its finest.

No, and no :)
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 13:18 - Aug 8 with 2836 viewsJohnw102

With their injuries at the back building up even more after the weekend would not surprise me to see Arsenal coming back in for Ash.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 13:30 - Aug 8 with 2767 viewsItchySphincter

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 11:37 - Aug 8 by bt95

I joined up on here a few months back when there were rumours re. Naismith joining you guys.

I'm rarely 'ITK' on much - but one of my colleagues (and it's our job to get stuff like this right) has very good contacts at Swansea - he's a fan incidentally.

The situation is this, as far as the info he has received:

- Monday last week a deal was agreed in principle between the two clubs. Hence the reports from the local press in South Wales on Monday evening.

- EFC opened talks with Williams and by Tuesday the deal with the player was agreed.

- Tuesday afternoon/evening Swansea moved the goalposts on the initial fee and wanted more money (I'm not sure on the figures - he didn't have the info). Common consensus is that the initial offer on Monday was between £8m and £10m, so I imagine it was either more money needed up front or more in total. Btw, I also want to stress that no EFC fan is begrudging Swansea on this. It's business. The only snidey thing really was doing it publicly (the articles on Tuesday evening) but it happens and is understandable.

- The wording of said statement ('offer currently on the table') obviously left the deal open. EFC returned with an improved bid Wednesday.

- The last I heard (which was yesterday) is that Swansea are happy with that fee. No messing about on EFC's part, just business from both clubs. This agreement may have been in place late last week. Things may have changed but as of the latest info (from the Swansea side, I personally have no contacts w/Everton) this is either done or looking very likely to be finalised.

Just wanted to put that on here. It's got nothing to do with EFC attempting to short change Swansea.

Not sure of any Arsenal links. Nothing's been said though obviously with the injury to Gabriel things may change. Williams very happy with the EFC offer though.

Arsenal have never shown an interest in Ashley. In fact no 'top' club besides Liverpool has ever even flirted with the idea. The only clubs that have ever been interested are middle to lower ranking PL clubs like yourselves and Stoke.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 13:45 - Aug 8 with 2715 viewsbt95

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 13:30 - Aug 8 by ItchySphincter

Arsenal have never shown an interest in Ashley. In fact no 'top' club besides Liverpool has ever even flirted with the idea. The only clubs that have ever been interested are middle to lower ranking PL clubs like yourselves and Stoke.

Haha solid attempt at a wind up ;)

I ain't sure on Arsenal mate, just know that he'd improve us as it stands and I'd be delighted if he signed :)
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 16:48 - Aug 8 with 2535 viewsItchySphincter

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 13:45 - Aug 8 by bt95

Haha solid attempt at a wind up ;)

I ain't sure on Arsenal mate, just know that he'd improve us as it stands and I'd be delighted if he signed :)

Truth.

Didn't mean to down arrow either.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 18:44 - Aug 8 with 2376 viewsDafyddHuw

To the OP.

Doesn't his contract say that he gets paid the same as the top wage earner at the club?
That would be Gomis at around £70K (unless Llorente is earning more).

Are you seriously suggesting Everton would pay Ash £140K a week?
I call shenanigans.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 21:29 - Aug 8 with 2200 viewsMillie

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 18:44 - Aug 8 by DafyddHuw

To the OP.

Doesn't his contract say that he gets paid the same as the top wage earner at the club?

I call shenanigans.

Gone in the morning, he'll be gone in the morning
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 22:09 - Aug 8 with 2066 viewsJackUlation

Drove past Ashleys house this Avo, there is a for sale sign up. no BS, anyone can take a look.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 22:32 - Aug 8 with 1982 viewsmysonsarejacks

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 22:09 - Aug 8 by JackUlation

Drove past Ashleys house this Avo, there is a for sale sign up. no BS, anyone can take a look.

Yep - it's there - just found it..

http://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/details/41277586?search_identifier=da61628

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 22:42 - Aug 8 with 1926 viewsclement

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 22:32 - Aug 8 by mysonsarejacks

Yep - it's there - just found it..

http://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/details/41277586?search_identifier=da61628

think this one actually is....

http://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/details/41283406?search_identifier=da61628

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 23:03 - Aug 8 with 1810 viewsWxmJax

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 22:42 - Aug 8 by clement

http://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/details/41283406?search_identifier=da61628

Well if that's the best that an estate agent can do trying to sell an £850k house I'd probably look elsewhere.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 23:15 - Aug 8 with 1746 viewsWarwickHunt

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 22:42 - Aug 8 by clement

NIce view.

Shame about the f*cking hideous house.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 23:28 - Aug 8 with 1654 viewsmax936

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 23:15 - Aug 8 by WarwickHunt

NIce view.

Shame about the f*cking hideous house.

i'd want a lot more than that for my 850k that's for sure.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 23:31 - Aug 8 with 1633 viewsThornburyswan

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 18:44 - Aug 8 by DafyddHuw

To the OP.

I call shenanigans.

No figures were mentioned but it was relayed as 'double' but IF we are paying Ash £70K pw then I can't see the toffees, even with their new owners, paying £140K.

My guess is it was his justifying the move or alternatively the clause that we all think his agent negotiated with us about him earning as much as our highest paid player doesn't exist.
Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 23:37 - Aug 8 with 1610 viewsWarwickHunt

Ash - from a friend of a friend. on 23:28 - Aug 8 by max936

i'd want a lot more than that for my 850k that's for sure.

What - like a house that wasn't designed by a kid with an Etch-A-Sketch and furnished in Blackpool B&B 1972 style?

Fussy bugger!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024