Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 146103 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:50 - Jun 19 with 2590 viewsDeepcutHoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:39 - Jun 19 by essextaxiboy

I agree except for one thing
This is not a vote between change and no change .

The E U will see a remain vote as a complete ringing endorsement of everything they wish the EU to become .

Anyone voting remain should be aware of that .

No it won't, the very existence of this referendum says that's not the case, and the fact that it will be a close vote, means that even if we stay in, no one thinks we've given the EU a 'ringing endorsement'.

That's ridiculous.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:50 - Jun 19 with 2590 viewsSimonJames

I think the visionary that is Mr Mick Jones summed it up best way back in 1981:
"If I go there will be trouble, An' if I stay it will be double"

100% of people who drink water will die.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:57 - Jun 19 with 2567 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:50 - Jun 19 by DeepcutHoop

No it won't, the very existence of this referendum says that's not the case, and the fact that it will be a close vote, means that even if we stay in, no one thinks we've given the EU a 'ringing endorsement'.

That's ridiculous.

The referendum might well be close but the people that matter are not us but the politicians on the remain side who will still be in power. It is they by their comments in this campaign that have given a ringing endorsement of the EU. The least they have shown is that they believe we cannot exist outside. In or out this referendum has changed the landscape for good.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:08 - Jun 19 with 2547 viewsW13R

In or out doesn't really matter if this article is correct?

http://uk.businessinsider.com/green-eu-referendum-not-legally-binding-brexit-201
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:11 - Jun 19 with 2543 viewsDeepcutHoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:57 - Jun 19 by QPR_John

The referendum might well be close but the people that matter are not us but the politicians on the remain side who will still be in power. It is they by their comments in this campaign that have given a ringing endorsement of the EU. The least they have shown is that they believe we cannot exist outside. In or out this referendum has changed the landscape for good.

Cameron is still in charge if we were to leave, unless there's a leadership change, where we end up with a leader that's unelected and one that nearly half the country voted against in the referendum.

That's not ideal either surely?

This referendum is poisonous all round, and only exists as a result of Cameron being utterly desperate, and terrified of another coalition in the GE.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:58 - Jun 19 with 2505 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:11 - Jun 19 by DeepcutHoop

Cameron is still in charge if we were to leave, unless there's a leadership change, where we end up with a leader that's unelected and one that nearly half the country voted against in the referendum.

That's not ideal either surely?

This referendum is poisonous all round, and only exists as a result of Cameron being utterly desperate, and terrified of another coalition in the GE.

I miss the point of your first paragraph nowhere did I suggest that Cameron would not be in charge should we leave. As my argument was about if we remained I fail to see why the position if we left is relevant to the point I was making.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:18 - Jun 19 with 2491 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:58 - Jun 19 by QPR_John

I miss the point of your first paragraph nowhere did I suggest that Cameron would not be in charge should we leave. As my argument was about if we remained I fail to see why the position if we left is relevant to the point I was making.

It cuts both ways, like all of this bollocks. If you're the EU and you've seen yourselves being portrayed (rightly or wrongly) as a corrupt and destructive occupying force now finally overthrown by Boris, Farage and their merry band, why are you going to want to co-operate with Britain about anything in the future?

Bridges have been burned left, right and centre because of the hysterical nature of this whole campaign, which has been misjudged and disastrously handled by all involved.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 12:25]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:31 - Jun 19 with 2472 viewsjohncharles

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:50 - Jun 19 by SimonJames

I think the visionary that is Mr Mick Jones summed it up best way back in 1981:
"If I go there will be trouble, An' if I stay it will be double"

I up arrowed without realising the message but what the fck, music before politics.

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:51 - Jun 19 with 2444 viewsQPR_Jim

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:30 - Jun 19 by essextaxiboy

What do Australia do to raise living standards in other countries ?
They are a vast country with room for millions and millions yet they admit people only to fill specific gaps in their workforce .
If we have plenty of gaps then it may be that immigration increases , but a least evetyone who comes will have been invited and welcomed .
I would like to see those gaps made public to highlight training and vocational needs .

Genuine question essextaxiboy but how reactive will a government be to the needs and demands in private sector employment? Say we're short on drainage engineers, not many of those employed in the public sector so private companies will be the ones with the demand, if they advertise and get little or no response or no experienced applicants what mechanism will be in place to alert the government to the skills shortage and allow them to amend the immigration criteria to allow for the jobs to be filled? Or will it be down to the private sector to decide and offer the job to a foreign applicant who would then be waved in? The first way sounds like a very costly exercise with many government man hours required and the second option would be handing over the immigration policy to the private sector as soon as we've got control back anyway.

All I seem to hear is "Australian style points based system" with no explanation of how that would be applied to our situations, so I'm a bit confused at how it's going to work.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:49 - Jun 19 with 2368 viewscyprusmel

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:42 - Jun 18 by GloryHunter

I've changed sides. I was Leave but I'm switching to Remain. I wouldn't want to be on the same side as Farage and Boris. Plus a recent EU directive has made avoiding my food allergy much easier. And my wife is German, and my lodgers are all Europeans, and nobody has explained what would happen to them if we leave. I hate the EU organisation, but I'll hold my nose and vote Remain, and hope it can be changed for the better.

You wouldn't want to be on the same side as Farage and Boris but are happy to back Cameron and Osborne. Farage is the reason we are having this vote anyway.
It seems to me that you are voting for what you think is best for you and not for your country. My son is voting out and so is his Bulgarian wife who has lived in England for the last 15 years.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 16:56]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:17 - Jun 19 with 2325 viewsHonkytonks

Vote remain and this country will descend into the abyss!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:41 - Jun 19 with 2300 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:18 - Jun 19 by DannytheR

It cuts both ways, like all of this bollocks. If you're the EU and you've seen yourselves being portrayed (rightly or wrongly) as a corrupt and destructive occupying force now finally overthrown by Boris, Farage and their merry band, why are you going to want to co-operate with Britain about anything in the future?

Bridges have been burned left, right and centre because of the hysterical nature of this whole campaign, which has been misjudged and disastrously handled by all involved.

But again my point is not why would the EU cooperate should we remain they have no need, Cameron and whoever might lead the Labour Party in the future have made it clear that if the EU says jump they will ask how high
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:05 - Jun 19 with 2270 viewscyprusmel

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:18 - Jun 19 by DannytheR

Why are they going to want to co-operate with Britain about anything in the future,
quite simply money.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 17:21]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:10 - Jun 19 with 2260 viewscyprusmel

All other things aside why would you want to tie yourself to an organization that hasn't been able to have it's books audited for 21 years because no one knows where the money goes to.
Try and do this in the U.K. and see what the powers that be do to you after only one year.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:13 - Jun 19 with 2250 viewsjohncharles

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:10 - Jun 19 by cyprusmel

All other things aside why would you want to tie yourself to an organization that hasn't been able to have it's books audited for 21 years because no one knows where the money goes to.
Try and do this in the U.K. and see what the powers that be do to you after only one year.

BHS anyone ?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:15 - Jun 19 with 2249 viewscyprusmel

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:13 - Jun 19 by johncharles

BHS anyone ?

And look what happened there.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:22 - Jun 19 with 2226 viewsdistortR

Farage and johnson v blair, osborne, goldman sachs......

There is no real alternative offered, ever, is there?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:27 - Jun 19 with 2205 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:22 - Jun 19 by distortR

Farage and johnson v blair, osborne, goldman sachs......

There is no real alternative offered, ever, is there?

You have George Galloway on the leave side and Jeremy Corbyn on the remain side
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:27 - Jun 19 with 2202 viewsjohncharles

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:15 - Jun 19 by cyprusmel

And look what happened there.

Yeah, bloody EU. stop interfering. Vote Brexit and let Philip Green do as he pleases. A mere £530 million for taking BHS from a failing company to a failed company. And the staff ? Fck 'em.
When Brexit win Boris will make Greeno a lord so he will be able to pass laws to stop these whinging workers rocking the boat.
Farage will be Archbishop of Canterbury.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:29 - Jun 19 with 2195 viewsdistortR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:27 - Jun 19 by QPR_John

You have George Galloway on the leave side and Jeremy Corbyn on the remain side

Thanks mate, i feel much better about things now!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:29 - Jun 19 with 2193 viewscyprusmel

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:27 - Jun 19 by johncharles

Yeah, bloody EU. stop interfering. Vote Brexit and let Philip Green do as he pleases. A mere £530 million for taking BHS from a failing company to a failed company. And the staff ? Fck 'em.
When Brexit win Boris will make Greeno a lord so he will be able to pass laws to stop these whinging workers rocking the boat.

Do you think Brexit will win John ?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:30 - Jun 19 with 2192 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:27 - Jun 19 by johncharles

Correct me if I am wrong but when Phillip Green was doing as he pleased were we not in the EU. They did not do much about it.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:58 - Jun 19 with 2139 viewsjohncharles

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:29 - Jun 19 by cyprusmel

Do you think Brexit will win John ?

No chance, this referendum bollox. All it's done is whip up hatred and cost jo Cox her life.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 17:59]

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:05 - Jun 19 with 2125 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:50 - Jun 19 by DeepcutHoop

That's ridiculous.

I dont understand your point about the very existence of the vote .
Who do you think has called it and why

Ir there is one vote in it the remain campaign will claim the win and so will The EU .
Its sbsolutely not ridiculous as you will find out in the coming months when they ask us to pay more in the budget .
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:06 - Jun 19 with 2124 viewsjohncharles

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:30 - Jun 19 by QPR_John

Correct me if I am wrong but when Phillip Green was doing as he pleased were we not in the EU. They did not do much about it.

I've no idea what that means. Is it good or is it bad. Where do we go from here ?
Still, thank you for pointing that out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024