Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? 20:25 - May 15 with 6975 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just come in for a curry after the football, read the drinks menu and asked for a Cobra beer only to be told that they don't serve alcohol?????

Well why have a drinks menu then ???? They always used to serve alcohol on here but now the sudden change.

Such a pity as the food ( a chicken Madras) was fantastic. If I come here again will only be for take away. The place is deserted even though there's 4 courses for £8.
[Post edited 15 May 2016 20:40]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:27 - May 15 with 4089 viewsexiledclaseboy

Perhaps they don't have a licence at the moment?

Poll: Tory leader

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:29 - May 15 with 4074 viewsDarran

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:27 - May 15 by exiledclaseboy

Awa restaurant in Swansea doesn't serve alcohol.
It's great in there no chavs pissed up just lovely peace loving Muslims me and my Muslim friends go there for steak.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:31 - May 15 with 4056 viewslondonlisa2001

Not serving alcohol isn't Sharia mun.

There's a large number of Indian restaurants in London that don't - most commonly restaurants run by Southern Indians not Moslems (mainly around Drummond Street - all veggie and all dry). There is a famous one, that is run by Moslems called Khans in Notting Hill that doesn't either - packed out every day as the food is absolutely lovely.
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:34 - May 15 with 4039 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:27 - May 15 by exiledclaseboy

Well that would be understandable is te same business hadn't served me beer before on many occasions. Perplexed I am to be fair. If they for whatever reason don't have a licence surely they would say, sorry we don't have a licence, would you like to go and fetch some from the local off licence? No, either coke or water and I've refused both.

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:37 - May 15 with 4027 viewsNeathJack

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:29 - May 15 by Darran

It's great in there no chavs pissed up just lovely peace loving Muslims me and my Muslim friends go there for steak.

Had the sharing platter in there a couple of weeks ago.

Top drawer it was.
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:37 - May 15 with 4019 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:29 - May 15 by Darran

So if you want wine or beer with a meal you're a chav? So I take it you've never had an alcoholic drink in any restaurant you've ever been in then?

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:38 - May 15 with 4014 viewslondonlisa2001

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:34 - May 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Well that would be understandable is te same business hadn't served me beer before on many occasions. Perplexed I am to be fair. If they for whatever reason don't have a licence surely they would say, sorry we don't have a licence, would you like to go and fetch some from the local off licence? No, either coke or water and I've refused both.

When ownership changes hands the new owners have to apply for a new licence.

Or perhaps they just don't want to serve alcohol? Nothing to do with Sharia though.
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:38 - May 15 with 4011 viewsDarran

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:37 - May 15 by NeathJack

Top drawer it was.

Great in there it is.

Login to get fewer ads

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:39 - May 15 with 4010 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:37 - May 15 by NeathJack

Top drawer it was.

Nice. Good for you, and non chav Darren !

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:39 - May 15 with 4010 viewslondonlisa2001

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:37 - May 15 by Brynmill_Jack

So if you want wine or beer with a meal you're a chav? So I take it you've never had an alcoholic drink in any restaurant you've ever been in then?

Have a lassi Brynnie - they're lovely.
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:41 - May 15 with 3986 viewsDarran

Top drawer it was.

Here's a photo taken in there of me and my Muslim friend when we were sharing a smoothie.

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:42 - May 15 with 3981 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:31 - May 15 by londonlisa2001

There's a large number of Indian restaurants in London that don't - most commonly restaurants run by Southern Indians not Moslems (mainly around Drummond Street - all veggie and all dry). There is a famous one, that is run by Moslems called Khans in Notting Hill that doesn't either - packed out every day as the food is absolutely lovely.

Yes Lisa. But I doubt Ali's kitchen is Indian by any stretch of the imagination. More likely Bangladeshi like 99% of all so called "Indian" restaurants in Swansea.

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:44 - May 15 with 3968 viewslondonlisa2001

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:42 - May 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes Lisa. But I doubt Ali's kitchen is Indian by any stretch of the imagination. More likely Bangladeshi like 99% of all so called "Indian" restaurants in Swansea.

No, of course not. I was just pointing out it wasn't a Sharia thing ! Lots of restaurants don't (and not only Moslem).
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:45 - May 15 with 3963 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:41 - May 15 by Darran

Here's a photo taken in there of me and my Muslim friend when we were sharing a smoothie.

Well thanks for that. As irrelevant as it was it always warms my heart to see someone is still willing to be in a photograph with you. Well done.

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:46 - May 15 with 3941 viewsJackfath

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:41 - May 15 by Darran

Is his finger dislocated?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:47 - May 15 with 3939 viewsSwanzay

There are a quite a few restaurants on Gloucester Road Briz that dont serve alcohol.
Lona springs to mind and the food there is superb and its packed every night of the week.
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:48 - May 15 with 3938 viewsunion_jack

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:31 - May 15 by londonlisa2001

Khan's is on Westbourne Grive in Bayswater. Great restaurant. Went there first in 1979 when I lived and worked 2 minutes away. Great days.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first on 20:50 - May 15 with 3925 viewsbonymine

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:45 - May 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Well thanks for that. As irrelevant as it was it always warms my heart to see someone is still willing to be in a photograph with you. Well done.

Waheed in Bombay Spice Darr ??

Great restaurant and a good family too lovely people.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:51 - May 15 with 3916 viewsJackfath

Swansea meets 2016. Restaurants that don't serve alcohol. The locals aren't happy.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:51 - May 15 with 3916 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Some other peeps have come in and they've been told they can go and get some drinks from the offy.
Still weird. Perhaps they're about to go through or something.

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:52 - May 15 with 3913 viewsDarran

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:46 - May 15 by Jackfath

Is his finger dislocated?

Yes but it's better now.

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:52 - May 15 with 3912 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:39 - May 15 by londonlisa2001

Have a lassi Brynnie - they're lovely.

It's not a Korean restaurant Lisa!!!

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:52 - May 15 with 3903 viewsJackfath

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:52 - May 15 by Darran

Yes but it's better now.

You both look delighted to be in each other's company and he doesn't look in pain. I am glad it's better now.

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:56 - May 15 with 3886 viewslondonlisa2001

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:48 - May 15 by union_jack

Khan's is on Westbourne Grive in Bayswater. Great restaurant. Went there first in 1979 when I lived and worked 2 minutes away. Great days.

Bayswater / Notting Hill - depends which way you walk up Westbourne Grove ! These days that whole stretch is called Notting Hill.

Lovely place - go there a lot as my office is just round the corner.
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:58 - May 15 with 3873 viewsjacktar

Has he been taking lessons from Captain Pointer?

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024