Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? 20:25 - May 15 with 6976 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just come in for a curry after the football, read the drinks menu and asked for a Cobra beer only to be told that they don't serve alcohol?????

Well why have a drinks menu then ???? They always used to serve alcohol on here but now the sudden change.

Such a pity as the food ( a chicken Madras) was fantastic. If I come here again will only be for take away. The place is deserted even though there's 4 courses for £8.
[Post edited 15 May 2016 20:40]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:58 - May 15 with 1734 viewsDr_Winston

Rane Bengal in Morriston never used to have an alcohol licence, although you could bring your own if you liked.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:02 - May 15 with 1727 viewsunion_jack

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:56 - May 15 by londonlisa2001

Bayswater / Notting Hill - depends which way you walk up Westbourne Grove ! These days that whole stretch is called Notting Hill.

Lovely place - go there a lot as my office is just round the corner.

There were a whole load of good eateries up there. I used to love Mickeys Fish Bar, their kebabs and curry rolls were superb. There was also a German takeaway just down by the lights (Chepstow Rd junction) that did a great burger. Couple if pubs also that did real chips, probably not today though. You can tell I was in to healthy eating of course!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:09 - May 15 with 1711 viewsItchySphincter

Is Truffles owned by Muslims Brynny?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:09 - May 15 with 1712 viewslondonlisa2001

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:02 - May 15 by union_jack

There were a whole load of good eateries up there. I used to love Mickeys Fish Bar, their kebabs and curry rolls were superb. There was also a German takeaway just down by the lights (Chepstow Rd junction) that did a great burger. Couple if pubs also that did real chips, probably not today though. You can tell I was in to healthy eating of course!!!

Still are.

A few have given way to chains (Cote / Ping Pong / Nandos etc) but some of the old staples are still there like Al Waha which is one of the best Lebanese places ever.

George's Fish Bar on Portobello is the best !
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:12 - May 15 with 1694 viewsWarwickHunt

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:48 - May 15 by union_jack

Khan's is on Westbourne Grive in Bayswater. Great restaurant. Went there first in 1979 when I lived and worked 2 minutes away. Great days.

I was living two minutes away in 1979 too ...

Shite restaurant serving generic canteen slop (in those days anyway) - a party of 8 of us ordered and the food was on our table within 2 minutes. Literally.
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:13 - May 15 with 1679 viewsDarran

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:12 - May 15 by WarwickHunt

Shite restaurant serving generic canteen slop (in those days anyway) - a party of 8 of us ordered and the food was on our table within 2 minutes. Literally.

Good service then.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:14 - May 15 with 1675 viewsunion_jack

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:09 - May 15 by londonlisa2001

Still are.

A few have given way to chains (Cote / Ping Pong / Nandos etc) but some of the old staples are still there like Al Waha which is one of the best Lebanese places ever.

Well I also lived near to the best fish bar in London, Nautilus in West Hampstead. How I'm still living I don't know!

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:15 - May 15 with 1672 viewslondonlisa2001

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:12 - May 15 by WarwickHunt

Good food there these days - I imagine they've had to up their game !

Tell you where is good Indian food Warwick - Potli on King Street Hammersmith - really nice.
Login to get fewer ads

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:18 - May 15 with 1667 viewslondonlisa2001

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:14 - May 15 by union_jack

Well I also lived near to the best fish bar in London, Nautilus in West Hampstead. How I'm still living I don't know!

Spoilt for choice in London - lived in West Norwood for 10 years and we had Olley's in Herne Hill - superb. Not tried Nautilus - I'll have to give it a go.
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:19 - May 15 with 1663 viewsWarwickHunt

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:09 - May 15 by londonlisa2001

Still are.

Used to love the Seashell in Lisson Grove and Geale's in Notting Hill.

The vegetarian Indian (Diwana Bhel Poori House) in Westbourne Grove also had a branch in Drummond Street.
No alcohol served but we were invited to stay on one night and the staff got the whisky out and we all got sh!t-faced.
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:20 - May 15 with 1659 viewsWarwickHunt

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:14 - May 15 by union_jack

Nautilus is top drawer.
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:21 - May 15 with 1658 viewsWarwickHunt

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:13 - May 15 by Darran

Good service then.

Tw@t.
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:21 - May 15 with 1656 viewsDarran

It comes to something when someone calls a restaurant a Sharia restaurant because they don't serve alcohol.

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first on 21:25 - May 15 with 1645 viewsbonymine

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first on 20:50 - May 15 by bonymine

Waheed in Bombay Spice Darr ??

Great restaurant and a good family too lovely people.

Sorry Mumbai as it is now known 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:42 - May 15 with 1630 viewsjackb

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:47 - May 15 by Swanzay

There are a quite a few restaurants on Gloucester Road Briz that dont serve alcohol.
Lona springs to mind and the food there is superb and its packed every night of the week.

Was there Monday, excellent food, and great milkshakes!
Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first on 21:45 - May 15 with 1511 viewsDarran

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first on 21:25 - May 15 by bonymine

Sorry Mumbai as it is now known 👍

My butty Wazz. ❤️

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first on 21:50 - May 15 with 1488 viewsbonymine

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first on 21:45 - May 15 by Darran

My butty Wazz. ❤️

Good lad and his brother Mo.

#Bentley !!!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 22:19 - May 15 with 1452 viewsunion_jack

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:20 - May 15 by WarwickHunt

Nautilus is top drawer.

I lived literally around the corner in Agamemnon Rd. I'd get off the 28 near to it and then make the decision - fish and chips, chicken and chips or go to Londis across the road to buy something to cook. I'll leave it to you what choice I made too often!!

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first on 22:26 - May 15 with 1445 viewsDarran

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first on 21:50 - May 15 by bonymine

Good lad and his brother Mo.

#Bentley !!!

Legends the two of them. Wazz is with child due soon too.

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 22:27 - May 15 with 1444 viewsepaul

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:19 - May 15 by WarwickHunt

Used to love the Seashell in Lisson Grove and Geale's in Notting Hill.

The vegetarian Indian (Diwana Bhel Poori House) in Westbourne Grove also had a branch in Drummond Street.
No alcohol served but we were invited to stay on one night and the staff got the whisky out and we all got sh!t-faced.

The KFC in Notting Hill is actually quite nice

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 22:28 - May 15 with 1441 viewsepaul

Vietnam cafe opposite Clapham Junction, the malaysian chicken curry (hot) is amazing

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 04:05 - May 16 with 1356 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 21:09 - May 15 by ItchySphincter

Is Truffles owned by Muslims Brynny?

No. But they do say in fairness that you can bring your own because it's unlicensed. I wasn't given that option, and Alis previously DID serve beers and alcoholic beverages.

I then went on to say that the next four customers when they pressed the issue were told that they could bring in their own alcoholic drinks if they wished.

When I was given "the drinks menu" (which included alcoholic drinks) and asked for one the waiter said "we don't serve any alcohol".

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 07:10 - May 16 with 1332 viewsLohengrin

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 20:41 - May 15 by Darran

Here's a photo taken in there of me and my Muslim friend when we were sharing a smoothie.

Looking at the glint in his eye and the hollow, haunted look in yours I shudder to think where that inhumanly long digit has just been!

I hope you realise that in his culture that now makes you husband and wife, ya' wayward old stinker!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 11:29 - May 16 with 1264 viewsUxbridge

An Indian restaurant where drunken people don't go? Excellent! Been meaning to try there for ages ... it'll do well to compete with the old Bengal Brasserie

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ali's kitchen -is this Swansea's first "Shari'a restaurant? on 11:52 - May 16 with 1254 viewsDarran

Awful racist thread.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024