Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 things about being in the Prem 07:46 - Sep 20 with 1550 viewsPatfromPoole

1. Er
2. Um
3. Buggered if I can think of any. Dammit.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 07:58 - Sep 20 with 1514 viewssaintwizzler

I want to know if we can play ‘Zombie Nation’ after scoring a goal in the PL.
Is it allowed?
Will we have a meaningful shot anytime soon to find out?
Maybe if we hit 100% possession it can be played instead?

TRUST THE PROCESS

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 08:02 - Sep 20 with 1508 viewsMytchettSaint

1, Fanzones
2, No goals being scored means the Northam wall doesn't get criticized for not being loud enough should we put one away.
3, Ross Stewart might be fit enough to play a full game this season.

Forza Rossobianco

Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 08:11 - Sep 20 with 1475 viewsfelly1

1. Praised by Guardiola.

2. To see the joy on the faces of the away fans at the end of the game.

3. Daring to dream that we might score two goals in a game.... One day.
Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 08:49 - Sep 20 with 1418 viewsericofarabia

I saw 2 defeats in 15 league games last season. Managed that total already in 2 games 🤣

I thought some of my mates had ITK contacts posting the line ups 1345 😂

Luckily VAR hasn't really been an issue yet, except maybe the delay in the penalty being taken. Of course you have to actually score to get a goal denied by VAR in the first place, which is an issue 🙄
Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 09:26 - Sep 20 with 1351 viewsdirk_doone

It will be interesting to see how the teams in Europe are affected by the extra fixtures this year. It might mean some surprise teams finish in the top six and even win a cup this season.
2015/16 still remains my favourite season so far this century.

I can remember nearly all the players I've seen in the Premier League, many of whom have been among the best in the world, but most of those I saw in the Championship and League One weren't really good enough to leave much of an impression. Having said that, looking at the current Ipswich squad, they look like a typical Championship side, with very few players you'd remember. If we lose to them, then we're not good enough for the top flight this year and so, of course, we're not going to be as happy as we were in 2016.

In many ways, choosing which level of football you like best is a bit like choosing which level of accommodation you stay at on holiday. 5 star hotels suit some people, but they're not for everyone and they are too expensive for many; others prefer B&Bs, which are not only a lot cheaper, but may be more hospitable. It's the levels in between, like the drab 2 star hotels that many of us end up in, that are generally characterless and less enjoyable. That's how I feel about football. I like watching Saints in the top flight, but my preferred alternative is non-league football. Eastleigh v Gateshead appeals to me a lot more than any Championship fixture.

Saints have got more than enough fans to fill St Mary's, so if you genuinely don't like top flight football, why not watch one of the local teams, like Sholing, Totton or Eastleigh? I'd also recommend reading The Bromley Boys.

Top thing about the Premier League: the football
[Post edited 20 Sep 10:24]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 11:06 - Sep 20 with 1160 viewsfranniesTache

1. Our influencers now have the biggest stage to show themselves to be noddy tw*ts

2. We get to go back to the pub a lot earlier due to the 3-0 rule

3. You can now engage in HILARIOUS office bantz with the plastics who wear replica shirts and clap at their tv's at the weekend

Oh wait... none of that is good is it?
Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 11:47 - Sep 20 with 1095 viewsdjsaint

1. Watching our team play the best teams in the country regularly.
2. Having our club and city profile plastered across the globe.
3. The additional revenue it brings to both club and city.

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 12:26 - Sep 20 with 1043 viewssolent_toffee

1. Pundits and Journalists - the vast majority have no idea what goes on outside of the top clubs but feel the need to fill space with utter, unchallenged nonsense. There are far too many of them to list.

2. Social media being swamped from ‘fans’ from other clubs weighing in on every post a club puts out. ‘Michael Keane is a doubt for Saturday’s game’ usually prompts half of Africa to inform us that ‘Bro, Chelsea are the best team in whole of premier’.

3. Going on 15 match losing runs and having the piss taken out of you by ‘fans’ of Liverpool and United who wouldn’t be able to find their way to Anfield and Old Trafford if you dropped them off in an Uber.
Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 13:26 - Sep 20 with 967 viewsSaintNick

Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 09:26 - Sep 20 by dirk_doone

It will be interesting to see how the teams in Europe are affected by the extra fixtures this year. It might mean some surprise teams finish in the top six and even win a cup this season.
2015/16 still remains my favourite season so far this century.

I can remember nearly all the players I've seen in the Premier League, many of whom have been among the best in the world, but most of those I saw in the Championship and League One weren't really good enough to leave much of an impression. Having said that, looking at the current Ipswich squad, they look like a typical Championship side, with very few players you'd remember. If we lose to them, then we're not good enough for the top flight this year and so, of course, we're not going to be as happy as we were in 2016.

In many ways, choosing which level of football you like best is a bit like choosing which level of accommodation you stay at on holiday. 5 star hotels suit some people, but they're not for everyone and they are too expensive for many; others prefer B&Bs, which are not only a lot cheaper, but may be more hospitable. It's the levels in between, like the drab 2 star hotels that many of us end up in, that are generally characterless and less enjoyable. That's how I feel about football. I like watching Saints in the top flight, but my preferred alternative is non-league football. Eastleigh v Gateshead appeals to me a lot more than any Championship fixture.

Saints have got more than enough fans to fill St Mary's, so if you genuinely don't like top flight football, why not watch one of the local teams, like Sholing, Totton or Eastleigh? I'd also recommend reading The Bromley Boys.

Top thing about the Premier League: the football
[Post edited 20 Sep 10:24]

The players are whinging about playing so many games, in 1976/77 Liverpool played 62 games and in domestic games could only use 11 players and a sub, in total they played 62 games, starting with us in the Charity shield and ending with the European cup final, you don't see their players from back then complaining and they probably used a core of about 16 players.

Man City not having European competition played 49.

This season City played 59 matches, 3 less than Liverpool did in 1977, but they did so with being able to use 5 substitutes in each match and with quite a few games being cup games both domestic and European where they played virtual reserve teams and 19 players who played 25 games or more, Rodri who complained played just 50, about average for a mid table team in the 70/80/90's when teams played 42 League games and a few cup games.

So which team had the hardest season, Liverpool with 16 core players or Manchester City who used 33 players ?

For comparison Saints played 57 games in 76/77 and and 54 games last season, just 5 games less than Manchester City, did you see any of our players complaining

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 13:40 - Sep 20 with 947 viewsPatfromPoole

Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 13:26 - Sep 20 by SaintNick

The players are whinging about playing so many games, in 1976/77 Liverpool played 62 games and in domestic games could only use 11 players and a sub, in total they played 62 games, starting with us in the Charity shield and ending with the European cup final, you don't see their players from back then complaining and they probably used a core of about 16 players.

Man City not having European competition played 49.

This season City played 59 matches, 3 less than Liverpool did in 1977, but they did so with being able to use 5 substitutes in each match and with quite a few games being cup games both domestic and European where they played virtual reserve teams and 19 players who played 25 games or more, Rodri who complained played just 50, about average for a mid table team in the 70/80/90's when teams played 42 League games and a few cup games.

So which team had the hardest season, Liverpool with 16 core players or Manchester City who used 33 players ?

For comparison Saints played 57 games in 76/77 and and 54 games last season, just 5 games less than Manchester City, did you see any of our players complaining

TBF in those days the ball spent so much time in the hands of the keepers that the games were a lot less involved.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 13:47 - Sep 20 with 908 viewsTripleNiemi

1. Giving our keeper(s) plenty of opportunity for exercise
2. Increasing the clubs profile for when the current mob wish to flog us on for vast profit
3. Being able to pay some of our mediocre squad even higher wages
[Post edited 20 Sep 13:49]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 14:39 - Sep 20 with 842 viewsdjsaint

Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 13:47 - Sep 20 by TripleNiemi

1. Giving our keeper(s) plenty of opportunity for exercise
2. Increasing the clubs profile for when the current mob wish to flog us on for vast profit
3. Being able to pay some of our mediocre squad even higher wages
[Post edited 20 Sep 13:49]

I see what you did there!

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

Top 3 things about being in the Prem on 17:40 - Sep 20 with 525 viewsIfonly

How about not having to watch Ryan Manning any more?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024