Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor-Richards? 07:52 - Aug 17 with 9934 viewsHammersmithR

Watched him closely last night. You can see why managers haven’t fancied him. At fault for the goal but constantly dispossessed. Slow in tracking back. Doesn’t work hard enough. How on earth is he on a 3 year contract plus we must have paid something like 400k for him. Very disappointed because if Chair or any of the attacking players leave he will have to step up.
Taylor-Richards? on 09:34 - Aug 17 with 3050 viewsdavman

Taylor-Richards? on 08:11 - Aug 17 by eastside_r

Agree and think for a professional athlete he could do with shedding a few kilos.

New fitness and conditioning guy needs to get on this but ultimately it’s down to the player himself.

This was the thing for me. Looks too bulky for a footballer. Spent a lot of time walking last night and was still knackered.

OK on the ball, but slow.

As others say, lots to work on. There is something there; combine it with the basic requirements of fitness, desire,effort, etc. and he may yet come good.

Unfortunately, at this stage seeing little sign that is likely...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Taylor-Richards? on 09:36 - Aug 17 with 3047 viewsconnell10

To me he looked terribly one paced and seemed over weight. He tried but he didn't impress. Also for a big player he gets knocked off the ball easy. Apart from that splendid.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Taylor-Richards? on 09:55 - Aug 17 with 2911 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I'll stick up for him - as mentioned by others, he's got a decent touch and did a few nice things last night. Seems harsh to blame him for their goal, which was a collective failure. They had a throw-in on the Ellerslie Road side with 30 seconds left. Just don't let them anywhere near your goal - hassle them and force them away from the danger zone, however tired you are. If he gets some matches, he'll get fitter and we saw against Huddersfield last season that there's something there.
Taylor-Richards? on 09:55 - Aug 17 with 2924 viewsCateLeBonR

Taylor-Richards? on 09:18 - Aug 17 by daveB

didn't think his effort was a problem last night, for me he was an ok 5 or 6 out of 10 last night. Not enough to warrant a regular start but not terrible either

Yeh i had him on a 5/10 too with lots to improve on. He does have a very languid style which often comes in for criticism. Similar to Eze as has been mentioned and Wegerle and many others. One observation is that he seems to get very frustrated very quickly when things aren’t going right. That would be the first thing I’d look at with him along with improving overall fitness.
Taylor-Richards? on 10:17 - Aug 17 with 2798 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Taylor-Richards? on 09:55 - Aug 17 by CateLeBonR

Yeh i had him on a 5/10 too with lots to improve on. He does have a very languid style which often comes in for criticism. Similar to Eze as has been mentioned and Wegerle and many others. One observation is that he seems to get very frustrated very quickly when things aren’t going right. That would be the first thing I’d look at with him along with improving overall fitness.

So attitude (determination/effort) and fitness levels are poor

He's been in the building for over a year now, so at the very least, you'd expect the latter to have been addressed! Yeah, yeah, I know, Charlie Austin...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Taylor-Richards? on 10:21 - Aug 17 with 2741 viewsHunterhoop

Taylor-Richards? on 09:36 - Aug 17 by connell10

To me he looked terribly one paced and seemed over weight. He tried but he didn't impress. Also for a big player he gets knocked off the ball easy. Apart from that splendid.

Because it’s excess weight not pure muscle.

We need to get him match fit and in better shape before writing him off. There is a player in there. And completely agree with the criticisms of his mindset. He shouldn’t be in this shape.

But the fitness team need to earn their corn and get him properly fit, and then we judge if he’s a dud or not. I wouldn’t be so quick to write him off.

If we can’t get him fit, then it can only be an attitude problem though - he’s supposed to be a professional athlete, FFS - in which case absolutely a failure. If he’s still looking heavy and slow come November, then I think we can write him off.
Taylor-Richards? on 10:22 - Aug 17 with 2734 viewsHoopsie

If anyone at the club could do anything to get a tune out if Richards, it will be Ainsworth. Give it time, I’m sure Ainsworth will try his damnednest to get this lad going where he wants him to go.

Poll: At this moment in time, whatever the situation, your thoughts on Chris Willock

Taylor-Richards? on 10:31 - Aug 17 with 2672 viewsstevec

Taylor-Richards? on 10:17 - Aug 17 by PlanetHonneywood

So attitude (determination/effort) and fitness levels are poor

He's been in the building for over a year now, so at the very least, you'd expect the latter to have been addressed! Yeah, yeah, I know, Charlie Austin...

I’d cut Charlie some slack on that as he’d given us an awful lot previously. But, as you suggest, it is a slippery slope.

The standards have fallen dramatically. If GA needs a legacy, it’s to turn this place into a professional football club and not a care home as some on here seem to view it.
Login to get fewer ads

Taylor-Richards? on 10:54 - Aug 17 with 2492 viewsbakerloo8

People still making excuses for this guy after a solid 12 months of F all.

Sympathies with his best mate dying and all, but my best mate died suddenly but i didnt sack off a full year afterwards.
Soft mentally. We need to do better.
Taylor-Richards? on 11:05 - Aug 17 with 2391 viewsBostonR

I know this may sound simple, but why don't we put him on the transfer list? Ok, it's unlikely that any club would bite, but who knows? He's the ultimate "flogging a dead horse" player - move him on.
Taylor-Richards? on 11:12 - Aug 17 with 2344 viewsBurnleyhoop

Taylor-Richards? on 08:34 - Aug 17 by toboboly

Can't blame anyone writing him off considering he has been around a year and done fck all

He has managed to get through pre-season looking overweight, sluggish, but did manage to get out onto the pitch. Some achievement for a Beale signing. Need to put a target on his back now as there will be plenty of flack heading his way, although I suspect we might not see him again for a while.

As for Ainsworth's signings, in fairness, they are looking far more promising, especially on freebies (exorbitant and unduly lengthy contracts not withstanding).
Taylor-Richards? on 11:17 - Aug 17 with 2325 viewsWatford_Ranger

We can’t write him off simply because we can’t afford to but as a senior player in a young team with a chance to stake a claim for a place in the first team that was piss poor. Isn’t he meant to be a local lad, loves QPR and all that?
Taylor-Richards? on 11:18 - Aug 17 with 2326 viewsBurnleyhoop

Taylor-Richards? on 09:00 - Aug 17 by toboboly

We'll have to agree to disagree, can't keep himself in shape and doesn't fight/try when on the pitch. For someone who proclaimed to be a QPR fan he is doing a remarkable impression of someone who couldn't care less.

Was he injured in pre-season?

If not, should be coming out of pre-season fit and raring to go.
Taylor-Richards? on 11:26 - Aug 17 with 2297 viewsBurnleyhoop

Taylor-Richards? on 09:09 - Aug 17 by tonyQPR

All the above was probably directed at ebere eze at all his previous clubs. Coming to rangers was really his light bulb/last chance saloon moment after being virtually kicked out everywhere he’d been previously. Let’s give this kid a break before we smash him to pieces eh.

Never once did I think Eze was overweight or lazy. His talent and commitment was as obvious as his much misinterpreted languid style.

Taylor Richards has much to prove and very few who think he will. Time will tell, but I'm in the "don't hold your breath" camp.
Taylor-Richards? on 11:37 - Aug 17 with 2227 viewsdmm

I appreciate your point but a big difference between Eze and Richards is age. Eze came to us when he was 19 and within a year had become a first team regular. Richards was 21 when he arrived last year, is now 22, and is still nowhere near being a first team pick.

I genuinely want Richard to succeed with us but he gives little indication of doing so. I know he has a difficult background and lost his best mate last year but unless he brakes through the things which appear to be holding him back, and does so soon, I can't see him making it at QPR.
Taylor-Richards? on 11:57 - Aug 17 with 2160 viewscolinallcars

I've been drinking about, er sorry, thinking about what would one day stop me from supporting. It's the situation with him and all the other recent part time players that would cinch it.
Taylor-Richards? on 12:00 - Aug 17 with 2154 viewsplasmahoop

Taylor-Richards? on 08:52 - Aug 17 by paulparker

A truly awful signing , who ever sanctioned it needs flogging outside the stadium did no one do any due diligence on this bloke ? ( what a stupid question)
A player in the Danny Rose mould who likes the trappings of being a footballer but has no heart , fight or desire to do anything
Another one I can see where we are paying up his contract at the end of the season

Danny Rose, as in Danny rose who played for spurs?
On that spurs documentary he didn't come across that well, but nevertheless had a successful Premier league career! He managed to play some games at least, something Richards has yet to manage
Taylor-Richards? on 12:41 - Aug 17 with 1941 viewsthehat

Dreadful signing and is taking up a huge amount of our wages budget.

Very mediocre last night and was a liability for the last 20 minutes.

Unfortunately we are stuck with him unless we do a deal to pay up his contract.
Taylor-Richards? on 12:51 - Aug 17 with 1876 viewsTheChef

Taylor-Richards? on 12:00 - Aug 17 by plasmahoop

Danny Rose, as in Danny rose who played for spurs?
On that spurs documentary he didn't come across that well, but nevertheless had a successful Premier league career! He managed to play some games at least, something Richards has yet to manage

I was hoping Broadway Danny Rose.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Taylor-Richards? on 12:57 - Aug 17 with 1846 viewsSuperhoop83

Taylor-Richards? on 10:21 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

Because it’s excess weight not pure muscle.

We need to get him match fit and in better shape before writing him off. There is a player in there. And completely agree with the criticisms of his mindset. He shouldn’t be in this shape.

But the fitness team need to earn their corn and get him properly fit, and then we judge if he’s a dud or not. I wouldn’t be so quick to write him off.

If we can’t get him fit, then it can only be an attitude problem though - he’s supposed to be a professional athlete, FFS - in which case absolutely a failure. If he’s still looking heavy and slow come November, then I think we can write him off.

This, 100%.

I have my own nagging suspicions that Taylor won't come good, but that's all they are and there is clearly talent there so let's wait and see now that he is available.

It's easy to jump to conclusions, especially in the modern age of social media and binary opinions, and just 12 days ago lots of us had just about written off Ainsworth and half of the team.

Right now we need to get behind everyone who pulls on the QPR shirt and we can, and no doubt will, vent at them if they don't prove worthy of it as the season progresses.

Suffering since 1978.

Taylor-Richards? on 13:03 - Aug 17 with 1824 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Taylor-Richards? on 10:31 - Aug 17 by stevec

I’d cut Charlie some slack on that as he’d given us an awful lot previously. But, as you suggest, it is a slippery slope.

The standards have fallen dramatically. If GA needs a legacy, it’s to turn this place into a professional football club and not a care home as some on here seem to view it.

But Steven, he was patently overweight!

Which for an athlete, is inexcusable, but for a professional sports team with fitness trainers and conditioners, coaches, and one should reasonably assume, nutritionists, was utterly unforgivable.

I know for a fact, one ex-pro was bending Les' ear about Charlie's lack of fitness, but feck all was done about it. I was sat on the lower part of ER for a match, and at one point he was level with us and he had a belly on him that would not have looked out of place in a Sunday pub side.

Not good enough Steven, not good enough at all!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Taylor-Richards? on 13:57 - Aug 17 with 1665 viewsAntti_Heinola

Taylor-Richards? on 08:27 - Aug 17 by PlanetHonneywood

Well this is all unhappy reading. Again!

It must be hoped in the new post-Les world, that whomever is handed the authority to say yay or nay, they have a more rigorous vetting procedure, and a better eye for it.

Too often over the last eight to 12 years, our recruitment policies have come up way short or, people have hidden behind excuses of its difficult and we'd researched him, only to fail to realise that those overseeing and/or their analytics were crap.

There was a funny Aussue film called 'The Club' from the 80s, about an Aussie Rules team who gambled on a prodigious talent, only to find he was a pot head. Anyway, it turned out good in the end, sooooooo maybe. But it will only happen if TR makes it happen.

I’ve retained hope, but it does look like he won’t make it at the moment.

However, I would say all clubs, even Brighton, even brentford, even the biggest clubs, make signings that don’t work out. Have we had more than our fair share recently? I dunno. But I like to look for reasons. If you look at Richards’ time at Donny, it was a success. You can see WHY we made that signing, especially given his background at good academies. You can see the reasoning behind Bonne and Kelman and Dozzell too, and i always reflect that in dozzell’s first season when we were in form in the lead to xmas, he was a regular and , ok, he wasn’t incredible, but there was hope.

Recruitment is very, very hard, particularly at this level. In league one you can be a bit more patient look a bit more at potential because it’s a more forgiving league. Here, if you’re not at it immediately, it’s a problem. That’s why i think recent criticism of Paal is particularly harsh, given he’s had three managers in a year in his first season abroad.

Bare bones.

Taylor-Richards? on 15:27 - Aug 17 with 1515 viewsNorthantsHoop

Taylor-Richards? on 09:11 - Aug 17 by ted_hendrix

You'll all be writing the same thing In 12 Months time--24 Months time.

The bloke Is no good to us or anyone else for that matter.

WTF and why as a so called professional footballer Is he turning up for work over weight?

Good point on Richards looking overweight as a professional footballer not acceptable. Northampton Town FC players train at my Walking Football club, let me tell you these young lads look like prime racehorses, nice guys as well always up for a chat and say hello to us older players. Just not acceptable in the modern game to not be fit, although sometimes players do bulk up a bit thought Eze in his last season with us looked a little stronger and bigger than in previous seasons, helped his game.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 15:28]
Taylor-Richards? on 15:51 - Aug 17 with 1404 viewskensalriser

Richards is fulfilling the vitally important hate-figure position in our squad. That's one positive.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Taylor-Richards? on 19:03 - Aug 17 with 1156 viewsnumptydumpty

Taylor-Richards? on 09:16 - Aug 17 by colinallcars

I think it's indicative of modern football that we have these discussions over various players that may be OK if they'd put in an effort/lost weight/stayed fit etc.
I know we old timers prattle on about it, but it really never used to be like this.

Poor old Dave Clements ended his life so sad to say, people suffering with their mental health has always been around. Old timers or not.

Some players have admitted, Tony Adams was one that he went onto the pitch half cut.

Stan used to have a fag in the changing room and Clough gave his team a shot of Whisky at half time.The standards of fitness and nutrition were different then.

Hence why games ended up wide open at ends of them due to lack of stamina in several players.

First game I saw was 1980 so not sure if that counts as old timer for you but really can't compare eras. So many other factors in play.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 19:25]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024