Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird 07:19 - Apr 20 with 35986 viewsnumptydumpty

People are quoting this as fact prior to last night's game

Where's the evidence please ???
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 7:20]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:12 - Apr 21 with 2357 viewsE15Hoop

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 14:54 - Apr 21 by 1JD

If you can’t see that Ainsworth was a complete 360 degree from what we had been steadily building, and the risks that his appointment would carry, we’ll have to agree to disagree and leave it there.

To answer your question, yes I believe many other managers would have been a far more strategic fit, a shortlist of which is not my job. As to how they would have done, we will never know.

But the fact remains, Beale got a tune out of this SAME squad. So, whilst weaknesses clearly exist, the ability to work with those, overcome those wisely, whilst maximising and playing to the strengths of the squad, is what differentiates Beale from Critchley and Ainsworth. That’s not an opinion, it’s born out of the data.

We're talking about reality JD, not some sort of hypothetical FIFA 2023 existence where a shortlist of fit and appropriate managers (which you obviously can't identify, just as I can't) magically swoops in and starts making this squad magically play like Man City every weeek.
And you seem to be conveniently forgetting that the rot had already set in under Beale, which shows you that the manager coming in needed to deal with a cultural problem primarily, NOT a stylistic/tactical one.
Now you can say that this shows that ths style was correct, but if the players who are the pallbearers of said style aren't interested in carrying it out, then how can you continue with that style?
GA has at least correctly identified who or what we are and tried to construct a plan to deal with it. As unplalatable as that may be for many people on here to swallow, that is the cold hard truth.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:13 - Apr 21 with 2350 viewsridethewave

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:03 - Apr 21 by E15Hoop

But if the squad weren't having him (which we know several of them weren't), then how was his position even tenable? He could have weedled out those not playing for him, as it appears GA has done, but let's face it, Critchley had all the personality of a rotting wet lettuce minus the enthusiasm, so its surely not even worthdiscussing if we'd be in a better position than we are now under him.
On Wednesday night, GA managed to cobble together a group of players that made some sort of semblance of playing as a team to some sort of semblance of a plan, however rudimentary you might like to describe it as. Some people in this forum seem to labour still under the misapprehension that we could/should be expecting more at this point in time. Like it or hate it, I think GA has at least correctly understood who or what we currently are.

Yeah and we'll of course never know either way! But regardless, I just can't imagine that things would have gotten this bad, reality is we have gotten significantly worse under Gareth, and by a long way. If the squad weren't having Critchley he was still getting more out than GA, whilst being a good manager at this level as we know from past experience, and being the right type for long-term progression. All of that is now gone. Up or down, I think we are worse off with GA and it's a massive step backwards for this club and all we've been told we've been working to over this past several years.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:14 - Apr 21 with 2340 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:01 - Apr 21 by daveB

He didn't need to do what Warnock did or be anything amazing, He just needed to win 1 game against either Blackpool, Wigan and Birmingham or any of the recent home games and we'd be pretty much safe. Just 1 win, not 5/6 with incredible form just 1 game and we'd be 4 points clear and pretty much safe

I agree the players have been crap and a fair few of them are behaving really poorly but there can be no excuse for Ainsworth here if we do go down.

Dave I'm not really defending Ainsworth and certainly not trying to convince anyone he's doing a great job nor that he's the long term answer. Just trying to point out that there are bigger structural issues at the club that need to be addressed and throwing in a manager, giving them 10-15 games and paying up 3 years of salary isn't the answer. I don't believe one single manager can fix our disaster of an operation.

Two experienced managers have tried to get this team to perform and both have failed miserably. The previous two managers had spells of joyous form but eventually both succumbed to diabolical runs. So what do we do? Keep cycling through managers until we find a miracle?
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:23 - Apr 21 with 2268 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:13 - Apr 21 by ridethewave

Yeah and we'll of course never know either way! But regardless, I just can't imagine that things would have gotten this bad, reality is we have gotten significantly worse under Gareth, and by a long way. If the squad weren't having Critchley he was still getting more out than GA, whilst being a good manager at this level as we know from past experience, and being the right type for long-term progression. All of that is now gone. Up or down, I think we are worse off with GA and it's a massive step backwards for this club and all we've been told we've been working to over this past several years.

Critchley's last 5 games yielded one point (from Huddersfield), three goals scored and 12 conceded. How can you say you can't imagine things would have gotten this bad? They already had got this bad. They've just carried on under Ainsworth.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:25 - Apr 21 with 2260 views1JD

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:12 - Apr 21 by E15Hoop

We're talking about reality JD, not some sort of hypothetical FIFA 2023 existence where a shortlist of fit and appropriate managers (which you obviously can't identify, just as I can't) magically swoops in and starts making this squad magically play like Man City every weeek.
And you seem to be conveniently forgetting that the rot had already set in under Beale, which shows you that the manager coming in needed to deal with a cultural problem primarily, NOT a stylistic/tactical one.
Now you can say that this shows that ths style was correct, but if the players who are the pallbearers of said style aren't interested in carrying it out, then how can you continue with that style?
GA has at least correctly identified who or what we are and tried to construct a plan to deal with it. As unplalatable as that may be for many people on here to swallow, that is the cold hard truth.

E15, we could do this to death. You are a big Gareth Ainsworth fan, I am not. I don’t agree at all that he has “correctly identified who or what we are”. This is the man who believes we were underdogs in his first 6 games including bottom of the table Wigan. Just wow. A run that included brum and Blackpool. And some wonder why the players are not having him?
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:30 - Apr 21 with 2217 viewsridethewave

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:23 - Apr 21 by Padulas_Shampoo

Critchley's last 5 games yielded one point (from Huddersfield), three goals scored and 12 conceded. How can you say you can't imagine things would have gotten this bad? They already had got this bad. They've just carried on under Ainsworth.

I've been to all the games, witnessed first hand and my assessment is that the football, defending, attacking, and overall prospects for this club have gotten significantly worse under GA. Yes things were bad under Critchley too, but by every conceivable metric they have gotten worse under GA.

If you believe Ainsworth is the answer to our problems or the right man for our future in whichever league we end up in, we'll just have to agree to disagree, no point going in circles with each other as I'm sure you'll agree.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:33 - Apr 21 with 2200 viewsE15Hoop

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:25 - Apr 21 by 1JD

E15, we could do this to death. You are a big Gareth Ainsworth fan, I am not. I don’t agree at all that he has “correctly identified who or what we are”. This is the man who believes we were underdogs in his first 6 games including bottom of the table Wigan. Just wow. A run that included brum and Blackpool. And some wonder why the players are not having him?

I agreed with you earlier this week that his body language and method of delivery is not how I feel it should have been delivered to get the impact he was looking for at that time. But that doesn't, in my view, detract from the fact that he's had to pick over the carcass of some fragile, disillusioned or downright disinterested young men and very quickly make something approaching a plastic purse out of a sow's ear.
I would have delivered the message in more of a military Mark Warburton style than GA did, and I do think he has veered to much towards "I'm your mate/cool dad" at times (at least publicly). But that doesn't change the fact that we ain't Man City and nor will we be anytime soon.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:36 - Apr 21 with 2181 views1JD

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:33 - Apr 21 by E15Hoop

I agreed with you earlier this week that his body language and method of delivery is not how I feel it should have been delivered to get the impact he was looking for at that time. But that doesn't, in my view, detract from the fact that he's had to pick over the carcass of some fragile, disillusioned or downright disinterested young men and very quickly make something approaching a plastic purse out of a sow's ear.
I would have delivered the message in more of a military Mark Warburton style than GA did, and I do think he has veered to much towards "I'm your mate/cool dad" at times (at least publicly). But that doesn't change the fact that we ain't Man City and nor will we be anytime soon.

Nobody said we were Man City. But the club were building a passing style under Warburton and then Beale. The same style the premier league buys players from and the same style we need to produce talent under. I really don’t know why that’s so hard to understand.
Login to get fewer ads

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:39 - Apr 21 with 2165 viewsE15Hoop

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:30 - Apr 21 by ridethewave

I've been to all the games, witnessed first hand and my assessment is that the football, defending, attacking, and overall prospects for this club have gotten significantly worse under GA. Yes things were bad under Critchley too, but by every conceivable metric they have gotten worse under GA.

If you believe Ainsworth is the answer to our problems or the right man for our future in whichever league we end up in, we'll just have to agree to disagree, no point going in circles with each other as I'm sure you'll agree.

I hear you RTW, but if he can achieve what he achieved with Wycombe with even less budget than we have at LR, then surely with greater resources and given enough time and support (which may or may not happen), there is no reason to believe that he can't do the same with us, is there?
As I keep saying, he's trying to work with a certain set of circumstances to achieve a certain result in a very limited timeframe. What we see now is not what (in his mind at least) we will be seeing in the future under a different set of circumstances.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:41 - Apr 21 with 2155 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:30 - Apr 21 by ridethewave

My entire point is that our freefall is agnostic of manager. All we're getting is different flavours of sh!t. Cycling through managers expecting some miracle to come along and fix everything is not the answer, like I've already pointed out in a reply on this very page. We have to find the root cause and fix it. Only then will any manager have an environment to thrive.

At this point I don't really care who the manager is. I just want someone to objectively find the issues at the depths and roots of this horror of a football club and sort them out once and for all. I don't believe the manager or head coach is the person to do that.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:45 - Apr 21 with 2132 viewsE15Hoop

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:36 - Apr 21 by 1JD

Nobody said we were Man City. But the club were building a passing style under Warburton and then Beale. The same style the premier league buys players from and the same style we need to produce talent under. I really don’t know why that’s so hard to understand.

Its not hard to understand, but if you don't have the luxury of time to deliver it, then you have to go with what you need to do in order to buy yourself the luxury of time.
I remember Ollie telling me exactly the same thing a few years ago in great detail (no surprise) when he was being attacked for persisting with Joel Lynch and others in that side that escaped relegation by beating Forest (managed by one Mark Warburton at the ime, if I'm not mistaken) to escape relegation by the skin of its teeth.
His words to me ewre that he reckoned he'd pulled off a greater managerial feat with that squad in those circumstances than he did by getting Blackpool promoted to the Premier League.
Could it be that GA is facing similar challenges at the moment? Seems to me he most likely is.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:50 - Apr 21 with 2116 viewsridethewave

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:41 - Apr 21 by Padulas_Shampoo

My entire point is that our freefall is agnostic of manager. All we're getting is different flavours of sh!t. Cycling through managers expecting some miracle to come along and fix everything is not the answer, like I've already pointed out in a reply on this very page. We have to find the root cause and fix it. Only then will any manager have an environment to thrive.

At this point I don't really care who the manager is. I just want someone to objectively find the issues at the depths and roots of this horror of a football club and sort them out once and for all. I don't believe the manager or head coach is the person to do that.

Oh I think the reason we are in freefall is absolutely not because of the manager, that we can agree on and I'm sure most would. But the extent of the freefall has undoubtedly been enhanced by the appointment of Ainsworth. Anyone really think we'd be in this position if Warburton was still in charge? Manager the reason we are struggling? No and agree with you. Manager making it worse? Yes I think that is hard to argue with but it seems we disagree.

So yes, we can agree that the club is rotten right through and will take more than sacking managers to sort out, as has been proven.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:52 - Apr 21 with 2102 viewsdaveB

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:14 - Apr 21 by Padulas_Shampoo

Dave I'm not really defending Ainsworth and certainly not trying to convince anyone he's doing a great job nor that he's the long term answer. Just trying to point out that there are bigger structural issues at the club that need to be addressed and throwing in a manager, giving them 10-15 games and paying up 3 years of salary isn't the answer. I don't believe one single manager can fix our disaster of an operation.

Two experienced managers have tried to get this team to perform and both have failed miserably. The previous two managers had spells of joyous form but eventually both succumbed to diabolical runs. So what do we do? Keep cycling through managers until we find a miracle?

I agree there are bigger issues but do think we could have put a sticking plaster over them until the summer if Ainsworth or Critchley had performed even slightly better, who knows we might still get out of it but looking less likely now.

Ultimately whoever appointed Critchley and Ainsworth and gave them 3 year deals has made a major cock up imo, whether that is Ferdinand, Hoos or one of the owners heads should roll for 2 very expensive mistakes. I don't like changing managers especially this quickly but if it's not working we need to be brave and change it at the end of the season

A good manager is essential, someone else said on this thread but we've seen it before when the club is a baskey case that all goes away with the right manager and at QPR we are always one bad appointment and one bad transfer window away from a relegation at the moment.

it's been a mad season, I still think the plan of developing players, selling on etc is the right one and we were going along the right path with Warbs and then Beale, we've gone full 360 with Critchley & Ainsworth, complete panic moves which have backfired and I admit this is me being wise after the event as no way did i think it would be this bad under Ainsworth or Critchley.

I'm just incredibly frustrated with it all and I know everyone is no matter what we think should happen in the next few weeks/months or who we want to blame
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:53 - Apr 21 with 2099 views1JD

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:45 - Apr 21 by E15Hoop

Its not hard to understand, but if you don't have the luxury of time to deliver it, then you have to go with what you need to do in order to buy yourself the luxury of time.
I remember Ollie telling me exactly the same thing a few years ago in great detail (no surprise) when he was being attacked for persisting with Joel Lynch and others in that side that escaped relegation by beating Forest (managed by one Mark Warburton at the ime, if I'm not mistaken) to escape relegation by the skin of its teeth.
His words to me ewre that he reckoned he'd pulled off a greater managerial feat with that squad in those circumstances than he did by getting Blackpool promoted to the Premier League.
Could it be that GA is facing similar challenges at the moment? Seems to me he most likely is.

Well, GA and Holloway are two peas out of the same pod, so it’s not the greatest example for me. They largely think the same and set up the same. So it’s no surprise they make similar decisions in similar situations. Still doesn’t mean it’s the only way. It’s just their way of doing things. I wouldn’t do what they do, and neither probably would Warburton or Beale, but then again, we are going round in circles.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:54 - Apr 21 with 2095 viewsridethewave

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:39 - Apr 21 by E15Hoop

I hear you RTW, but if he can achieve what he achieved with Wycombe with even less budget than we have at LR, then surely with greater resources and given enough time and support (which may or may not happen), there is no reason to believe that he can't do the same with us, is there?
As I keep saying, he's trying to work with a certain set of circumstances to achieve a certain result in a very limited timeframe. What we see now is not what (in his mind at least) we will be seeing in the future under a different set of circumstances.

Yep you could well be right. I just don't personally have the energy to watch this club turn into Wycombe 2, playing bad (or no) football, with no flare players and a focus on running more than the other team, in a league below where we are now, with no prospect of much more, because as we all need to acknowledge and I think Antti made the point, football has long moved past this now.

I of course entirely hope I am wrong about everything!
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:55 - Apr 21 with 2088 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:50 - Apr 21 by ridethewave

Oh I think the reason we are in freefall is absolutely not because of the manager, that we can agree on and I'm sure most would. But the extent of the freefall has undoubtedly been enhanced by the appointment of Ainsworth. Anyone really think we'd be in this position if Warburton was still in charge? Manager the reason we are struggling? No and agree with you. Manager making it worse? Yes I think that is hard to argue with but it seems we disagree.

So yes, we can agree that the club is rotten right through and will take more than sacking managers to sort out, as has been proven.

Turns out we're totally aligned after all! Agree with every word.

No matter who the manager is or what division we're in, we won't win games consistently until that rotten element has been addressed.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:56 - Apr 21 with 2080 viewsE15Hoop

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:53 - Apr 21 by 1JD

Well, GA and Holloway are two peas out of the same pod, so it’s not the greatest example for me. They largely think the same and set up the same. So it’s no surprise they make similar decisions in similar situations. Still doesn’t mean it’s the only way. It’s just their way of doing things. I wouldn’t do what they do, and neither probably would Warburton or Beale, but then again, we are going round in circles.

We are, and I think we both understand where each of us sits with this.
The reality is that we are currently living in a GA world. Whether that will be the case after May 8th, who knows? Probably not even the board..
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:24 - Apr 21 with 1924 viewsNortholt_Rs

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 15:41 - Apr 21 by Padulas_Shampoo

See Clive’s piece in the i news article I posted on the forum earlier:

“Our owners are fantastic in the sense that they pay for their mistakes,” Whittingham says, alluding to the club’s financial situation. “But at the same time, they don’t know what they’re doing. The clubs like ours that are doing well have owners like Matthew Benham (at Brentford) and Tony Bloom (at Brighton) who are switched on and clued into everything, they’re at every game, they drive the whole ethos of the place. Ours are constantly fumbling around trying to employ somebody who does it for them.”

The owners are obviously the problem. How does that get fixed though?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:36 - Apr 21 with 1865 viewsE15Hoop

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:24 - Apr 21 by Northolt_Rs

“Our owners are fantastic in the sense that they pay for their mistakes,” Whittingham says, alluding to the club’s financial situation. “But at the same time, they don’t know what they’re doing. The clubs like ours that are doing well have owners like Matthew Benham (at Brentford) and Tony Bloom (at Brighton) who are switched on and clued into everything, they’re at every game, they drive the whole ethos of the place. Ours are constantly fumbling around trying to employ somebody who does it for them.”

Theoretically by the DOF and CEO in their respective roles. And that leads us back very neatly to the whole question of what we're looking for in both of those positions.
Like many people, I'm a big fan of having Warburton back as DOF. The question about his relationship (or lack of it) with Chris Ramsey, Paul Hall etc. would then undoutedly rear its ugly head, but I for one would trust Warburton to be professional enough to sit down with them and objectively thrash out a sensible, workable way forwards, especially now they're all under one roof at Heston. I also feel that you could trust him to plan strategically for how this club stages its recovery from its current dysfunction on so many levels, and to do that whilst also maintaining a good rapport with the fanbase.
I'm not a big fan of Lee Hoos, and I suspect he feels like he's probably outgrown the role here now, especially as he's going to be working under more stringent condiations than ever, regardless of which divsison we're in next season. So we need a CEO who's used to working under those kinds of conditions and would view LR as step forwards, as well as hopefully being less of an arrogant d*ck than Hoos.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:40 - Apr 21 with 1840 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:36 - Apr 21 by E15Hoop

Theoretically by the DOF and CEO in their respective roles. And that leads us back very neatly to the whole question of what we're looking for in both of those positions.
Like many people, I'm a big fan of having Warburton back as DOF. The question about his relationship (or lack of it) with Chris Ramsey, Paul Hall etc. would then undoutedly rear its ugly head, but I for one would trust Warburton to be professional enough to sit down with them and objectively thrash out a sensible, workable way forwards, especially now they're all under one roof at Heston. I also feel that you could trust him to plan strategically for how this club stages its recovery from its current dysfunction on so many levels, and to do that whilst also maintaining a good rapport with the fanbase.
I'm not a big fan of Lee Hoos, and I suspect he feels like he's probably outgrown the role here now, especially as he's going to be working under more stringent condiations than ever, regardless of which divsison we're in next season. So we need a CEO who's used to working under those kinds of conditions and would view LR as step forwards, as well as hopefully being less of an arrogant d*ck than Hoos.

Give Ruben a call and tell him this word for word please E15.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:40 - Apr 21 with 1825 viewsSakura

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:24 - Apr 21 by Northolt_Rs

This talk about "good owners" can you or anyone else endorsing this talking point actually explain what you mean?

By that I mean give me a decision tree of what you want you want from good owners

Bloom and Benham are betting experts and stats/ math geniuses.

So unless you can force another betting genius to come and buy us do you really want our owners making the same decisions as they do over transfers?

For me my decision tree is :
1) Owners pay the maximum budget that FFP allows (luckily for us our owners do that)
2) They appoint a DOF or manager (personally I wouldn't bother with DOF because our budget is so limited) and they tell that person the style of football they want to see and they appoint a manager who fits that (if you want passing appoint a Warburton type but if you want direct aggressive football appoint Ainsworth type- but stick to it)
3) there are no more steps that's it!! Our owners are not betting or math geniuses so they shouldn't be trying to be money ball type owners.

Now Les and Hoos have gone off piste here and switched the style mid season unless that was directed by the owners but it's a sackable offence

But can you or anyone else who always moan about the owners explain what other decision you want them to make other than appointments of DOF or manager?

Like in actual detail explain what decisions you want them to make as I don't actually understand at all the point you, NorthernR or anyone else I've seen say something similar are making here

If the next owners aren’t a betting / maths genius then how / why do you expect us to be any further forward?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 16:41]
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:44 - Apr 21 with 1811 viewsdaveB

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:36 - Apr 21 by E15Hoop

If les does go I thinK Ramsey will have to go as well.I'm not sure Warbs would come back but if he did get that role he'd be in charge so would have a lot more control than before
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:52 - Apr 21 with 1768 viewsE15Hoop

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 16:40 - Apr 21 by Padulas_Shampoo

Give Ruben a call and tell him this word for word please E15.

Haha. Well, I did manage to build a good relationship with Bill Power when he was chairman back in the day, but the stars aligned nicely for me because Ollie was manager (who I've had endless conversations with over the past 20 years), BP the chairman and Mark Austin was the Commerical Director who is an old mate of mine going back into the dim and distant historical past.
I can't exactly say I have the same level of influence as I did back in those good old (bankrupt) days, but you've encouraged me now to hang about purposefully on May 8th and see if any of the board show their faces!
Amit and Ruben say they're open to fan input and want to keep us enaged, so I guess they've got no good excuse for not listening, have they??
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 19:51 - Apr 21 with 1487 viewsQPR_John

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 14:54 - Apr 21 by 1JD

If you can’t see that Ainsworth was a complete 360 degree from what we had been steadily building, and the risks that his appointment would carry, we’ll have to agree to disagree and leave it there.

To answer your question, yes I believe many other managers would have been a far more strategic fit, a shortlist of which is not my job. As to how they would have done, we will never know.

But the fact remains, Beale got a tune out of this SAME squad. So, whilst weaknesses clearly exist, the ability to work with those, overcome those wisely, whilst maximising and playing to the strengths of the squad, is what differentiates Beale from Critchley and Ainsworth. That’s not an opinion, it’s born out of the data.

Don’t wish to be pedantic but a 360 turn ends up with pointing in the same direction.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 20:57 - Apr 21 with 1371 viewsozexile

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 14:52 - Apr 21 by bongo_king

Read it again - he's been flogged from before GA joined and the slump started there. Other reasons for how he goes from 6 goals in 9 games pre Sheff U (following on from an excellent last season) to what we have now welcome.

He's not the 2nd coming of jesus but he is the most talented player we have at present. It's been done to death already on this and other threads, its nuts that he sits on the bench as over the hill players struggle and we sink towards relegation, and that is the manager's choice.

There is a lot of throwing the baby out with the bathwater with this squad. Yes, overall the squad is a mess, there appears to lack leaders and several I'll be happy to see the back of. But there are half a dozen or so players who've played well for us for long periods before and will likely go on to do well in other Champ level or above teams.

Top post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024