Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird 07:19 - Apr 20 with 35327 viewsnumptydumpty

People are quoting this as fact prior to last night's game

Where's the evidence please ???
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 7:20]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 23:07 - Apr 20 with 2658 viewsozexile

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 17:56 - Apr 20 by 1JD

The thing is that all of that is irrelevant if you are not getting results or performances. It sounds good in theory. But the big question is does removing individuals who don’t meet your work rate standards, benefit the side overall? In other words, do the pros outweigh the cons, of implementing this decision?

The evidence suggests not. The results and performances are not backing up Ainsworths methods and critical decisions. The reason is simple, when you start take your better individuals out, even though they don’t run as hard, you remove their quality, and you make the side inferior, not stronger. You might run harder, but running harder does not win games.
It’s why Chris Martin is playing, and Chris Willock is not. It’s why Albert gets the nod, over better, younger players.

Warnock understood the need for balance. Something Ainsworth does not understand at all as his belief is heavily geared towards work rate over talent.
It’s exactly why Warnock accommodated the magic of Tarrabt. Because he was a match winner. That’s the difference between Warnock - a top manager, and Ainsworth- a manager who is out of his depth at this level, and far too stuck in his ways and ideals.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 17:58]

Great post
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 23:12 - Apr 20 with 2616 viewsozexile

I do find this bizarre if true that you have a guy in charge of a multi million pound business who's letting his ego ruin our chance of survival. Is Ainsworth under the illusion that every person in his team has to have the same character, same beliefs. It simply doesn't work like that. And unless he starts to master the art of dealing with individuals rather than groups we're in for a long season next year as well.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 23:16 - Apr 20 with 2575 viewsted_hendrix

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 22:11 - Apr 20 by Kingy1968

I’ve heard this today on good authority that the rumours are all true. Willock, Dickie, Laird and johanson have been laughing at Ainsworth, at the way he dresses and his tactics.
The training ground is toxic. Les is definitely leaving at the end of the season. They’ve all been dropped fully and they all want out of the club. Apparently Willock is going Rangers for a nominal fee, Chair is off to the bondesleague (sp?). Things are a lot worse down there than people thought.

I haven’t posted for years but read this site every day. I’ve asked permission from the person who gave me this information and he was fine with that. Also heard the same thing from a mate of a B team player.

I would not come on here spouting nonsense. These are sad facts.

Dickie? every Championship Manager knows all about Dickhead and how to unsettle the rapidly slowing and useless bastard, his so called transfer value must be hovering around the £48. 00 figure.

Willock? If what I'm reading Is true then the sooner he f ucks off to wherever the better.

Johanson? this bloody bloke for me Is the worst of the worst, one good pass every Four weeks If your lucky, he has turned into a useless Nordic fat slob of a walrus.

The club Is In dire straits and these downright lazy bastards think It's funny???

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 23:19 - Apr 20 with 2548 viewsnadera78

I find it interesting that, after watching this team perform like c*nts for the best part of 18 months (6 weeks in Autumn 2022 aside) some people are still so keen to put their faith in this group of players. I actively hate the majority of the squad and would happily see them leave this summer without ever giving them a second thought.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 23:20 - Apr 20 with 2554 viewsRsinWales

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 23:07 - Apr 20 by ozexile

Great post

I understand the point being made here, However, in current form, I really don't see Willock, JoJo or Laird being much of an improvement.

At their best, their talent would compel their inclusion in the team. But those three have not added anything significant to the mix for a long time. On that basis, I would focus on those demonstrating the right work ethic and commitment.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 23:32 - Apr 20 with 2499 viewsozexile

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 23:20 - Apr 20 by RsinWales

I understand the point being made here, However, in current form, I really don't see Willock, JoJo or Laird being much of an improvement.

At their best, their talent would compel their inclusion in the team. But those three have not added anything significant to the mix for a long time. On that basis, I would focus on those demonstrating the right work ethic and commitment.

I just find it Bizarre. Get your best players on the field especially in our predicament.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 23:33 - Apr 20 with 2497 viewsHunterhoop

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 22:11 - Apr 20 by Kingy1968

I’ve heard this today on good authority that the rumours are all true. Willock, Dickie, Laird and johanson have been laughing at Ainsworth, at the way he dresses and his tactics.
The training ground is toxic. Les is definitely leaving at the end of the season. They’ve all been dropped fully and they all want out of the club. Apparently Willock is going Rangers for a nominal fee, Chair is off to the bondesleague (sp?). Things are a lot worse down there than people thought.

I haven’t posted for years but read this site every day. I’ve asked permission from the person who gave me this information and he was fine with that. Also heard the same thing from a mate of a B team player.

If there is any truth to this, the four of them can do one. Absolutely pathetic. You’re paid by the club. You’re a professional. Knuckle down and do your job better. The only thing that is embarrassing is them.

Whatever you think about his tactics, Ainsworth is ten times the man they are.

The situation we’re in and they’re pissing around at the back of the class like teenagers. D*ckheads. Do your job better before you laugh at or criticise anyone else.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 02:54 - Apr 21 with 2330 viewsVancouverHoop

I have a hard time believing Johansen is involved in that sort of dipsh*t juvenile behaviour. He may well be angry, disappointed and sure, he's maybe run his race as a player. But he's a veteran who's played for his country and a veteran with years of experience, not mention team captain. I don't buy it.
Login to get fewer ads

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 03:33 - Apr 21 with 2320 viewsDannyPaddox

My attempt to distill the many paragraphs and paragraphs in this thread.

Tactics under Ainsworth: shit

Football under Ainsworth: shit

Will I renew next season: shit … I dunnow 🤷🏼‍♂️
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 05:11 - Apr 21 with 2271 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Funnily enough, I did post something a week ago wondering if dressing like a poor man's Bono in Cuban heels might be a source of derision among the players. I hasten to add: my comment was more tongue-in-cheek.

We are where we are as a consequence of the dreadful way we have been consistently been mismanaged over the last dozen years; all of which has manifested itself in the appointment of someone we all feared was returning to a club and a job that was well beyond him.

All I can say: good effing riddance to the lot of them, and the sooner the better!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 7:27]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 06:02 - Apr 21 with 2198 viewsbongo_king

If this all happens we'll have finished burning down 3 years of progress in 6 months. It will be the end of the develop and sell model we simply have to make work to survive.

A player we could probably have got 5-10m for this time last year (if the DOF had actually done his job) going for peanuts.

In the future, young talent is unlikely to want to come to us seeing what's just happened and the playing style is anyhow unlikely to favour player development/adding value.

Prem clubs are unlikely to want to loan talent to us. We should not rely on loans the way we did this season, but 1 or 2 good ones can make a difference as we know.

In the 10 years at Wycombe, I don't think GA sold any players for over 1m. Matt Ingram to us was one of his top transfer successes.

The GA appointment looks worse and worse by the minute and that's before we factor in the destruction of a club legend.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 06:29 - Apr 21 with 2165 viewsKingy1968

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 02:54 - Apr 21 by VancouverHoop

I have a hard time believing Johansen is involved in that sort of dipsh*t juvenile behaviour. He may well be angry, disappointed and sure, he's maybe run his race as a player. But he's a veteran who's played for his country and a veteran with years of experience, not mention team captain. I don't buy it.

I can only go by what I’ve been told and the guy who informed is well connected. I get your point though and it would seem strange based on the reasons you’ve said. Personally I think Johanson is shot. Offered nothing at all recently. Actually hinders the side rather than improving it.

What a proper mess this whole situation is.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 06:37 - Apr 21 with 2155 viewsFDC

As Clive says, it would be nice to think we'll find out what's been going on, and whether these rumours are true.

All very depressing. The mood in October feels like something from another life time at this point.

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 06:53 - Apr 21 with 2090 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 02:54 - Apr 21 by VancouverHoop

Me too.

What's more, I don't see the point of beating ourselves up about rumours, albeit I know that they're posted in good faith. But they're still only rumours.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 06:57 - Apr 21 with 2077 viewsPaddyhoops

I’m pretty certain . There’s quite a few players that think our club is a little bit beneath them and have downed tools in preparation for the next loan or move away which obviously won’t work out .
Their attitude is a huge part of our current malaise.

Very few come out with any credit apart from Dykes, Field and despite Dunne and Dickies horrendous form , I genuinely think they care.
Ainsworth who’s job is to get a tune out of this lot has been left with the very type of players
that don’t fit into the he’s style of play .
He’s screwed in my opinion.
I’m not a huge advocate of his style of football and if he doesn’t hit the ground running next season he’ll be gone.
However he deserves our support so let’s get behind now and in the future.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 07:44 - Apr 21 with 1963 viewsNortholt_Rs

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 23:20 - Apr 20 by RsinWales

Which is exactly what GA is doing. He is getting slaughtered by the fans but the real responsibility lies with our recruitment….it’s criminal to start this season with Dykes, Bonne and Armstrong as our ‘strikers’. We should’ve won at West Brom and been 3-0 up at HT v Norwich. The team has no goals in it. It’s toothless.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 07:45 - Apr 21 with 1939 viewsstevec

Sounds perfectly plausible given what we’ve seen from these players. Question is, where is our useless DOF whilst all this is going on?

This, Tyler Swift, or whatever they’re calling themselves this week, where is Les whilst this is happening?

This man taking overall control for the last eight years has been a train crash.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 08:03 - Apr 21 with 1863 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 07:45 - Apr 21 by stevec

Sounds perfectly plausible given what we’ve seen from these players. Question is, where is our useless DOF whilst all this is going on?

This, Tyler Swift, or whatever they’re calling themselves this week, where is Les whilst this is happening?

This man taking overall control for the last eight years has been a train crash.

It is incredible that he'll be in Hong Kong extolling the wonders of Newcastle United while the club he has 'directed' for the last eight years is on the brink of relegation.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 08:13 - Apr 21 with 1833 viewsNortholt_Rs

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 08:03 - Apr 21 by Wegerles_Stairs

It is incredible that he'll be in Hong Kong extolling the wonders of Newcastle United while the club he has 'directed' for the last eight years is on the brink of relegation.

It’s totally indicative of the mess our owners have made of our football club. Their tenure has been a long horror show. Remember Caterham?

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 08:22 - Apr 21 with 1800 viewsdaveB

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 23:33 - Apr 20 by Hunterhoop

If there is any truth to this, the four of them can do one. Absolutely pathetic. You’re paid by the club. You’re a professional. Knuckle down and do your job better. The only thing that is embarrassing is them.

Whatever you think about his tactics, Ainsworth is ten times the man they are.

The situation we’re in and they’re pissing around at the back of the class like teenagers. D*ckheads. Do your job better before you laugh at or criticise anyone else.

Yeah they are professional etc but come on they are a group of 20 odd year old blokes gathered together every day, you only have to listen to one episode of under the cosh to know what footballers are like, they take the mickey all the time usually out of each others dress sense for starters. When a manager comes in wearing cowboy boots and a leather jacket they are going to take the piss out of him behind his back and if they don't like his tactics or coaching the same. I'm sure when Ainsworth was a player he took the piss a fair bit as well
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 08:36 - Apr 21 with 1710 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 08:22 - Apr 21 by daveB

Yeah they are professional etc but come on they are a group of 20 odd year old blokes gathered together every day, you only have to listen to one episode of under the cosh to know what footballers are like, they take the mickey all the time usually out of each others dress sense for starters. When a manager comes in wearing cowboy boots and a leather jacket they are going to take the piss out of him behind his back and if they don't like his tactics or coaching the same. I'm sure when Ainsworth was a player he took the piss a fair bit as well

Fair point.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 08:37 - Apr 21 with 1705 viewsNortholt_Rs

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 08:22 - Apr 21 by daveB

Yeah bless ‘em all cheeky monkeys. Bunch of utter cùnts.

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 08:38 - Apr 21 with 1705 viewsconnell10

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 05:11 - Apr 21 by PlanetHonneywood

Funnily enough, I did post something a week ago wondering if dressing like a poor man's Bono in Cuban heels might be a source of derision among the players. I hasten to add: my comment was more tongue-in-cheek.

We are where we are as a consequence of the dreadful way we have been consistently been mismanaged over the last dozen years; all of which has manifested itself in the appointment of someone we all feared was returning to a club and a job that was well beyond him.

All I can say: good effing riddance to the lot of them, and the sooner the better!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 7:27]

Old boil face looked like a sack of shite tied in the middle....at least GA is in good shape!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 08:50 - Apr 21 with 1631 viewsstevec

Probably true, but i can’t imagine GA throwing a tantrum and downing tools.
Bust up between Ainsworth with Willock, Johansen and Laird on 09:00 - Apr 21 with 1538 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We should be aware that this rumour is being stated and perpetuated by some of the worst people on Twitter.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024