Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And so, the churn begins 11:09 - May 6 with 11811 viewsdmm

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/six-players-to-depart-qpr-060522/

6 players to depart - Charlie Austin, Dom Ball, Dillon Barnes, David Marshall, Lee Wallace and Kieren Westwood.

The club talking with Albert Adomah, Yoann Barbet, Moses Odubajo, Charlie Owens and Olamide Shodipo.
And so, the churn begins on 15:31 - May 6 with 2298 viewsNorthernr

And so, the churn begins on 15:08 - May 6 by slmrstid

I suspect what won it for Dickie was it being more recent than Ball's was so was fresh in everyone's minds.

A bit "What have you done for me recently" about it.

Yes, didn't Luongo beat Freeman to POTY in similar circs under Holloway? Had a good last dozen games, where Luke had been penguining away for nine months.
And so, the churn begins on 15:44 - May 6 with 2224 viewssparkey

Was gutted when Luongo left I thought he was class at the time. Realistically though my standards were just so low at that point I think Tom Carroll would have been a world beater for me
And so, the churn begins on 15:49 - May 6 with 2191 viewsdaveB

And so, the churn begins on 15:31 - May 6 by Northernr

Yes, didn't Luongo beat Freeman to POTY in similar circs under Holloway? Had a good last dozen games, where Luke had been penguining away for nine months.

We shouldn't be allowed a vote. Paddy Kenny beating Adel, Steve Yates beating Ferdinand and Karl Ready winning it once, maniacs the lot of us
And so, the churn begins on 16:10 - May 6 with 2102 viewssprocket

And so, the churn begins on 15:49 - May 6 by daveB

We shouldn't be allowed a vote. Paddy Kenny beating Adel, Steve Yates beating Ferdinand and Karl Ready winning it once, maniacs the lot of us

And so, the churn begins on 16:13 - May 6 with 2072 viewsNorthernr

Democracy. Does. Not. Work.
And so, the churn begins on 16:25 - May 6 with 1997 viewsdavman

And so, the churn begins on 14:16 - May 6 by TheChef

Er I thought it was Andre Gray's one at Derby?

We were talking about last season, which was when Dom Ball scored v Cardiff, not this season...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

And so, the churn begins on 16:29 - May 6 with 1968 viewsdavman

That Adel one is the worst of the lot. Championship player of the year and always in the discussion of who is the best Champ Player of all time, yet we decided that he wasn't for us.

Madness.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

And so, the churn begins on 16:29 - May 6 with 1967 viewsLazyFan

All guesswork but ...

The only reason I can see for letting Ball go is if someone like Bettache is getting their chance or we are somehow going to sign someone of Fields level for nothing. Otherwise, Ball should be renewed. I can see Ball playing in the Champ next season and us regretting it.

Uncle is okay signing if he's cheap and can continue with the same level of assists and odd goal. That's a decent return ... that's if he real;ly is gonna be cheap this time around, playing on his love for the club. Uncle could easily get a contract for someone like Leyton Orient for 2 years, at that level he would make em look silly.

I suspect Barbs will be offered decent money but only a 1+1. That won't be acceptable to him as by then he's well into 30's. No he is looking for a 3+1 year deal and I suspect they wont want to risk that. I think that's a mistake, I think we should offer the 3+1. Sometimes you gotta take a risk and as he's played plenty of games season after season, I think here this is the one time the risk of a 3+1 for an older player is worth it.

Moses, we should offer a 1+1 again. It's a bit naughty, but he's injured and probably will be late back to the team by the time we get going again. Thus he will struggle to sign for anyone else. So, here we can take advantage of his situation and he would probably accept it. This for me offsets the Barbet risk.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

And so, the churn begins on 16:45 - May 6 with 1895 viewsPinnerPaul

And so, the churn begins on 11:19 - May 6 by stowmarketrange

We’ve had 2 or 3 seasons of stability on and off the pitch,and now it all seems to be turning to the brown stuff again.No manager,no players,no season ticket information and no idea of whether we’ll be standing or sitting next season.
Back to normality then.

Not sure I agree to the first part, there was a tremendous turn over of players under MW's reign , as there are at most clubs these days.
And so, the churn begins on 16:48 - May 6 with 1885 viewsPinnerPaul

And so, the churn begins on 12:07 - May 6 by QPR_John

Of course there is a possibility that Ball has another team lined up

on better money and Shadipo doesn't stay necesasrily.

Oh and anyone notice that the club ARE talking to players - who would have thought, where's that conspiracy theory bin I'm always banging on about?!
And so, the churn begins on 16:51 - May 6 with 1864 viewsPinnerPaul

And so, the churn begins on 13:21 - May 6 by Northernr

Couple of things.

1 - I'd have kept Ball. Good pro, cheap, versatile.

2 - when they say "conversations are ongoing" I suspect it's "conversations haven't started yet". They started doing Zoom calls with them yesterday, and Austin basically went out as soon as his was over and said "i'm off" on social media which has kind of left them chasing their tales with fans asking "what about... what about... what about..." Some of those on the 'conversations' list I suspect haven't been spoken to yet. I also think they've seen the annoyance about barbet and will make him an 'offer' that would shame a checkout worker so they can say that they tried to keep him but he rejected the offer.

Lots of assumptions in there Clive, unlike you, but I guess its been a long season!
And so, the churn begins on 16:54 - May 6 with 1854 viewsPinnerPaul

And so, the churn begins on 14:54 - May 6 by ed_83

Oof. This does not make for enjoyable reading.

Sincerely hope you're wrong, and that maybe there's some collective over-correction going on amongst fans from "we're brilliantly run" to "we're a basket case again", but can also entirely see how you'd be right.

The other thing which strikes me is that this all feels a little theoretical when we don't know who the manager is going to be, what formation or style they'll want to play, or which players they'll get on with. I know the DOF setup is supposed to provide consistency regardless, but it would be very Rangers to extend a bunch of players who then don't get a look-in, and release those who would have been perfect for the new gaffer, and who we then have to replace at greater expense.
[Post edited 6 May 2022 15:01]

Sooooooooooooooooo despite the hand wringing on here over the last few weeks, you would NOT have spoken to the players yet?

Heads they lose. tails they erm....lose!
And so, the churn begins on 17:21 - May 6 with 1722 viewscollegeranger

And so, the churn begins on 12:08 - May 6 by stowmarketrange

We have proper water pressure in the lower loft but it’s a shame that you only get cold water out of the hot taps.And cold air blowing from the hand driers.
Luckily you have to walk past the kiosk where you can buy lukewarm Bovril to thaw out your hands.

dont start me on about the "hot air" blowers in teh Ellerslie Stand... I can fart harder and hotter!
And so, the churn begins on 17:49 - May 6 with 1615 viewsHastings_Hoops

And so, the churn begins on 11:23 - May 6 by dmm

Shodipo's contract ends this summer but the club has an option for a further year. I wonder what conditions they'll be negotiating with him to agree on an extension? For me, his injury record would be a big reason not to extend.

And if you can get him on a pay when fit arrangement - happy days.
And so, the churn begins on 17:51 - May 6 with 1610 viewseghamranger

Out of those 6 I’m only really bothered about Albert.

He supports us and does put a shift in and I can imagine he is great in the dressing room.

So all the others loans have gone too I suppose. Hendricks and Gray?
And so, the churn begins on 18:03 - May 6 with 1550 viewsPunteR

And so, the churn begins on 17:51 - May 6 by eghamranger

Out of those 6 I’m only really bothered about Albert.

He supports us and does put a shift in and I can imagine he is great in the dressing room.

So all the others loans have gone too I suppose. Hendricks and Gray?

I think they sneaked Hendricks out the back door weeks back.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

And so, the churn begins on 18:04 - May 6 with 1541 viewsPunteR

Be interesting to see who they play tomorrow.

And so, the churn begins on 18:05 - May 6 with 1540 viewsdistortR

And so, the churn begins on 15:44 - May 6 by sparkey

Was gutted when Luongo left I thought he was class at the time. Realistically though my standards were just so low at that point I think Tom Carroll would have been a world beater for me

You're going on 'ignore' mate, everything you have or will ever say is void.

Tom fecking Carrol.
And so, the churn begins on 18:06 - May 6 with 1537 viewsed_83

And so, the churn begins on 16:54 - May 6 by PinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooooooo despite the hand wringing on here over the last few weeks, you would NOT have spoken to the players yet?

Heads they lose. tails they erm....lose!

That's not what I'm saying, lol. If I was Les or Lee Hoos, then based on the (limited) info that's been made public so far I'd have started talking to Barbet (who's going to be a key player for us next season regardless of who the manager is) as soon as it became clear we weren't going up, and I would at the very least have given the others a clearer idea than they appear to have received about what the club's general intentions were.

I probably wouldn't have sacked Warburton, but if Dave Mc's claims that it's been on the cards for a while are correct, then you'd hope the club are doing everything they can to minimise the time between Warburton leaving and someone new being announced. Waiting ages to start dealing with contracts, and then starting those conversations in the (hopefully short) window between managers feels like the worst of both worlds.
[Post edited 6 May 2022 18:08]
And so, the churn begins on 18:07 - May 6 with 1534 viewsdistortR

And so, the churn begins on 18:04 - May 6 by PunteR

Be interesting to see who they play tomorrow.

Swansea, PunteR, they're playing Swansea.
Do keep up.
And so, the churn begins on 18:11 - May 6 with 1514 viewsPunteR

And so, the churn begins on 18:07 - May 6 by distortR

Swansea, PunteR, they're playing Swansea.
Do keep up.

They're that Welsh team aren't they..?

Interesting.
[Post edited 6 May 2022 18:12]

And so, the churn begins on 18:23 - May 6 with 1463 viewsMyke

And so, the churn begins on 12:15 - May 6 by superhoopdownunder

For a club that is skint we waste a lot of money

Well at least Ramkilde played for us once! With regard to Shodipo,his injury record is a crying shame as he definitely has the pace, directness and crossing ability that we were crying out for in the last 3 months especially. Shame, but I don't think we can take a punt on him unless it's a pay as you play deal.
I would like to see Ball kept as a squad member,but can see why he would move on to get 1st team action. Good to see the door not closed on Barbet. If we could keep our CB's , GK, Field/Amos Dozzell/Willock and Chair, then the strengthening just needs to be in the well documented wing back and strikers roles
And so, the churn begins on 18:31 - May 6 with 1439 viewsMyke

And so, the churn begins on 16:29 - May 6 by davman

That Adel one is the worst of the lot. Championship player of the year and always in the discussion of who is the best Champ Player of all time, yet we decided that he wasn't for us.

Madness.

Although to be fair Kenny had a hell of a season. Didn't he set a record for clean sheets?
And so, the churn begins on 18:46 - May 6 with 1377 viewsPunteR

And so, the churn begins on 18:31 - May 6 by Myke

Although to be fair Kenny had a hell of a season. Didn't he set a record for clean sheets?

So you voted for Kenny.. ?.

Let's be honest , quite a few fans didn't really like Tarabt. Admired his footballing ability but didn't warm to his personality. I think that clouded some fans thinking.

And so, the churn begins on 18:59 - May 6 with 1334 viewsdistortR

And so, the churn begins on 18:11 - May 6 by PunteR

They're that Welsh team aren't they..?

Interesting.
[Post edited 6 May 2022 18:12]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024