Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And so, the churn begins 11:09 - May 6 with 11821 viewsdmm

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/six-players-to-depart-qpr-060522/

6 players to depart - Charlie Austin, Dom Ball, Dillon Barnes, David Marshall, Lee Wallace and Kieren Westwood.

The club talking with Albert Adomah, Yoann Barbet, Moses Odubajo, Charlie Owens and Olamide Shodipo.
And so, the churn begins on 12:22 - May 6 with 2797 viewsted_hendrix

We're all football Managers on here, (and football Womanagers).

Not sure If Womanagers Is a word but In the best interest of you know what......

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

And so, the churn begins on 12:41 - May 6 with 2696 viewsbosh67

Yes Ramkilde is the weird one.

The whisper story that no one actually tells. The injuries. The always in the pre-season training pictures only to disappear. Not put out to a League 1 club for a season to get game time. 23 6 foot 2. I saw him play a few cameos when he came and he looked half decent.

Yet no one ever says why he doesn't play, why he hasn't come through, been let go or what the hell 'that' story ever was?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

And so, the churn begins on 12:42 - May 6 with 2683 viewsWokingR

Someone will need to find the quiet corner Dorse has taken himself off to and just put an arm around him.
And so, the churn begins on 12:44 - May 6 with 2670 viewsNushnool

Out of all of those, I would really have liked Ball to stay.

But it may be that he was one who made the decision to leave, rather than the club. You couldn’t blame him for wanting to move to play regularly. (Although a new manager might have rated him.)
And so, the churn begins on 12:50 - May 6 with 2627 viewsdavman

And so, the churn begins on 11:47 - May 6 by bosh67

In regards to Amos and Field being better than Ball...

This is based on Field and Amos completing one season after both have suffered repeated serious injuries. I agree Field is possibly a better player but Amos isn't even the same type of player. We needed a tough player in midfield and Ball always gave us that option. As others have said, Ball goes, Shodipo stays... very QPR!
[Post edited 6 May 2022 11:48]

"I agree Field is possibly a better player"

Come on now - you love Dom Ball, I love Dom Ball, but to suggest he is anywhere near the level of Sam Field is crazy talk.

Dom has shown enough when on the pitch that he is so much better than any of us dreamed he'd be given his track record before he came to us. He is a great option to have on the bench because of his versatility and is a natural replacement for Field when Field is injured. I'd have renewed personally...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

And so, the churn begins on 12:50 - May 6 with 2628 viewsngbqpr

Maybe we just hold off on the hand-wringing about Owens and Shodipo until something is actually announced one way or the other.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

And so, the churn begins on 13:01 - May 6 with 2539 viewsrobith

I would like to thank Dom Ball, if nothing else, for that absolutely blooter vs Cardiff. It was a really dark time, and going mad in my badroom watching on a laptop got me through a really rough week
And so, the churn begins on 13:02 - May 6 with 2536 viewsE17hoop

I feel a bit for Ball. When we signed Hendricks I thought we were getting an upgrade but it didn't feel like it at all. Ball could have easily slipped in to the team at that point allowing Field more space.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Login to get fewer ads

And so, the churn begins on 13:04 - May 6 with 2524 viewsed_83

Would have renewed Ball’s contract for certain, a committed pro and can play multiple positions, but maybe he’s looking for more regular starts than we can offer him.

Albert’s a surprising one - if we’d been asking the question at Christmas then I’d have been happy to give him another year, but his form since then has been pretty dire. General consensus when we signed him was that we wouldn’t have been able to afford him unless he was a Rangers fan, so presume he’s on a decent whack, but he’s obviously a great person to keep around the club. If it’s one year on reduced wages with a nudge towards a coaching or ambassadorial role then that sounds smart.

The fact we’re finally talking to Barbet is great news. Presumably the fact we’re offering Odubajo a new deal means that we won’t be signing another RB / RWB, unless Kakay’s off.
And so, the churn begins on 13:12 - May 6 with 2481 viewsE15Hoop

And so, the churn begins on 11:10 - May 6 by ozexile

Shodipo!! Surely that's a joke.

I don't understand why people have an issue with Shodipo. I thought he was excellent under Hasselbaink. Ollie would have used him more, but wasn't happy with his tracking back. Did well at Oxford on loan, and the hierarchy obviously feel he can recover from his present injury worries, as they clearly do with Charlie Owens.

Both of these players are now battle-hardened and still young. Isn't that the model we're supposed to be following?
And so, the churn begins on 13:21 - May 6 with 2430 viewsNorthernr

Couple of things.

1 - I'd have kept Ball. Good pro, cheap, versatile.

2 - when they say "conversations are ongoing" I suspect it's "conversations haven't started yet". They started doing Zoom calls with them yesterday, and Austin basically went out as soon as his was over and said "i'm off" on social media which has kind of left them chasing their tales with fans asking "what about... what about... what about..." Some of those on the 'conversations' list I suspect haven't been spoken to yet. I also think they've seen the annoyance about barbet and will make him an 'offer' that would shame a checkout worker so they can say that they tried to keep him but he rejected the offer.
And so, the churn begins on 13:26 - May 6 with 2403 viewsSuperhoop83

And so, the churn begins on 13:21 - May 6 by Northernr

Couple of things.

2 - when they say "conversations are ongoing" I suspect it's "conversations haven't started yet". They started doing Zoom calls with them yesterday, and Austin basically went out as soon as his was over and said "i'm off" on social media which has kind of left them chasing their tales with fans asking "what about... what about... what about..." Some of those on the 'conversations' list I suspect haven't been spoken to yet. I also think they've seen the annoyance about barbet and will make him an 'offer' that would shame a checkout worker so they can say that they tried to keep him but he rejected the offer.

1. Agreed. It's a no brainer for me, but perhaps he wants a move after the season he's had.

2. I hope you're wrong but fear you're right. The Barbet situation in particular is insane and I suspect we have a lot of disillusioned players.

Re Shodipo, if he's offered another contract I'm going to ask for a trial at Harlington.

Suffering since 1978.

And so, the churn begins on 13:38 - May 6 with 2301 viewsSuffolk

In my humble opinion a fit Shodipo would have been worthy of a place on the bench as back up for Willock and Chair. With a frugal transfer window beconning I believe there to be an even greater justification for him to hold a squad place. Apart from any other reason his loan spells have probably covered most if not all of his wages.
And so, the churn begins on 13:40 - May 6 with 2282 viewsdavman

And so, the churn begins on 13:01 - May 6 by robith

I would like to thank Dom Ball, if nothing else, for that absolutely blooter vs Cardiff. It was a really dark time, and going mad in my badroom watching on a laptop got me through a really rough week

... and yet, bizarrely, we did not vote that the goal of the season. Utterly perplexing...

Can we go out yet?

And so, the churn begins on 13:40 - May 6 with 2279 viewsNorthernr

And so, the churn begins on 13:40 - May 6 by davman

... and yet, bizarrely, we did not vote that the goal of the season. Utterly perplexing...

Yeh ridiculous that.
And so, the churn begins on 13:42 - May 6 with 2251 viewssparkey

And so, the churn begins on 13:40 - May 6 by davman

Who won goal of the season?
And so, the churn begins on 13:49 - May 6 with 2185 viewsdavman

And so, the churn begins on 13:42 - May 6 by sparkey

Who won goal of the season?

A Dickie Thunderbastard v 'Boro. Good goal, but the context of Dom' s when we spaffed a 2-0 lead away just before he let fly should have swayed the vote...

Can we go out yet?

And so, the churn begins on 13:59 - May 6 with 2110 viewsE15Hoop

And so, the churn begins on 13:26 - May 6 by Superhoop83

1. Agreed. It's a no brainer for me, but perhaps he wants a move after the season he's had.

2. I hope you're wrong but fear you're right. The Barbet situation in particular is insane and I suspect we have a lot of disillusioned players.

Re Shodipo, if he's offered another contract I'm going to ask for a trial at Harlington.

Not a helpful comment for a young lad who it seems to me has always given 100% and is recovering from injury. I hope he gets cut some slack if kept on.
And so, the churn begins on 14:01 - May 6 with 2100 viewsBrianMcCarthy

And so, the churn begins on 11:53 - May 6 by DannyPaddox

I’m happy just to supply the killer tunes on this thread

Love this, Danny.
And it gives a Divine response to whether we can sail the ship without Barnes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

And so, the churn begins on 14:16 - May 6 with 2028 viewsTheChef

And so, the churn begins on 13:49 - May 6 by davman

A Dickie Thunderbastard v 'Boro. Good goal, but the context of Dom' s when we spaffed a 2-0 lead away just before he let fly should have swayed the vote...

Er I thought it was Andre Gray's one at Derby?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

And so, the churn begins on 14:29 - May 6 with 1942 viewsstantheman10

And so, the churn begins on 12:22 - May 6 by ted_hendrix

We're all football Managers on here, (and football Womanagers).

Not sure If Womanagers Is a word but In the best interest of you know what......

Very politically correct but you forgot Theyagers
And so, the churn begins on 14:34 - May 6 with 1918 viewsNorthernr

And so, the churn begins on 14:16 - May 6 by TheChef

Er I thought it was Andre Gray's one at Derby?

Different seasons. Dickie (wrongly IMO) got GOTS last year ahead of Ball. This year it was Gray you're right.
And so, the churn begins on 14:54 - May 6 with 1808 viewsed_83

And so, the churn begins on 13:21 - May 6 by Northernr

Couple of things.

Oof. This does not make for enjoyable reading.

Sincerely hope you're wrong, and that maybe there's some collective over-correction going on amongst fans from "we're brilliantly run" to "we're a basket case again", but can also entirely see how you'd be right.

The other thing which strikes me is that this all feels a little theoretical when we don't know who the manager is going to be, what formation or style they'll want to play, or which players they'll get on with. I know the DOF setup is supposed to provide consistency regardless, but it would be very Rangers to extend a bunch of players who then don't get a look-in, and release those who would have been perfect for the new gaffer, and who we then have to replace at greater expense.
[Post edited 6 May 2022 15:01]
And so, the churn begins on 15:08 - May 6 with 1750 viewsslmrstid

And so, the churn begins on 14:34 - May 6 by Northernr

Different seasons. Dickie (wrongly IMO) got GOTS last year ahead of Ball. This year it was Gray you're right.

I suspect what won it for Dickie was it being more recent than Ball's was so was fresh in everyone's minds.

A bit "What have you done for me recently" about it.
And so, the churn begins on 15:24 - May 6 with 1655 viewsdaveB

And so, the churn begins on 14:54 - May 6 by ed_83

Oof. This does not make for enjoyable reading.

Sincerely hope you're wrong, and that maybe there's some collective over-correction going on amongst fans from "we're brilliantly run" to "we're a basket case again", but can also entirely see how you'd be right.

The other thing which strikes me is that this all feels a little theoretical when we don't know who the manager is going to be, what formation or style they'll want to play, or which players they'll get on with. I know the DOF setup is supposed to provide consistency regardless, but it would be very Rangers to extend a bunch of players who then don't get a look-in, and release those who would have been perfect for the new gaffer, and who we then have to replace at greater expense.
[Post edited 6 May 2022 15:01]

I imagine the truth is in the middle in that we're not entirely mad but are sitting in our underpants whilst shouting at ourselves in the mirror a lot during the week.

I think Barbet will end up staying but won't have come cheap from Brentford wages wise and given what he's done will be wanting more money to stay
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024