Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cycling 14:50 - Jul 28 with 2933 viewseghamranger

Never really been a big fan, but ive had it on all day and its getting to the last 30 miles. GB team are gradually catching up on the leaders as they start to come back into london. Well worth watching
Cycling on 14:55 - Jul 28 with 1606 viewsHollowayRanger

i know its a weird sport four brilliant brit riders but 3 are working only to make sure the 4th cavendish wins that belgiums got a lead would be an amazing win if GB pulls its off were 6 mins down at one stage,seems crazy thats its going to come down to a 200 meter sprint at the death

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Cycling on 15:06 - Jul 28 with 1579 viewsQPR442

Cycling on 14:55 - Jul 28 by HollowayRanger

i know its a weird sport four brilliant brit riders but 3 are working only to make sure the 4th cavendish wins that belgiums got a lead would be an amazing win if GB pulls its off were 6 mins down at one stage,seems crazy thats its going to come down to a 200 meter sprint at the death

great sport if you understand it. We should all be proud of our boys because for years the Tour has never been dominated by a British team.

It's like having all the best footballers in one team.
Cycling on 15:08 - Jul 28 with 1573 viewseghamranger

they still have loads to do, but would be great for Cavendish to win it in the mall. makes me want to get on a bike again, but ive only got my old grifter in the garage
Cycling on 15:13 - Jul 28 with 1559 viewshoopstilidie

Cycling on 15:08 - Jul 28 by eghamranger

they still have loads to do, but would be great for Cavendish to win it in the mall. makes me want to get on a bike again, but ive only got my old grifter in the garage

I'm getting tempted to whip me chopper out.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Cycling on 15:17 - Jul 28 with 1548 viewsHollowayRanger

IF we are that much better than the rest seems a risky way to win it by leaving it to the final couple of hundred meters anything could happen then

almost vital we win this as the feel good factor of getting our first gold medal on the first day would be massive for nation and team ,if cav misses out whole team will be on a downer as he's about the nearest thing we had to a cert

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Cycling on 15:46 - Jul 28 with 1503 viewsHollowayRanger

so much for that we werent at the races no one supported our team and wiggins is now propably knackered for wednesday as well

Listen to the band play!

Cycling on 15:46 - Jul 28 with 1503 viewsQPR442

Cycling on 15:17 - Jul 28 by HollowayRanger

IF we are that much better than the rest seems a risky way to win it by leaving it to the final couple of hundred meters anything could happen then

almost vital we win this as the feel good factor of getting our first gold medal on the first day would be massive for nation and team ,if cav misses out whole team will be on a downer as he's about the nearest thing we had to a cert

Think we may have blown it.
Cycling on 15:55 - Jul 28 with 1491 viewsNorthernr

Well I found that incredibly frustrating. Not only the coverage with no graphics to tell you where everybody was, and the commentators not able to tell the riders apart, but the race itself. I clearly know nothing about cycling but is it really wise to pis about for 95km allowing the leaders to go a minute in front and then try and catch them right at the end? Even those two that went out at the front, with 500m left, are looking at each other and messing about. Just put your bloody foot down man.
Login to get fewer ads

Cycling on 16:01 - Jul 28 with 1461 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

P!ss poor interview with winner. It's not all about GBR

It's got to be Yarg

Cycling on 16:12 - Jul 28 with 1438 viewscollegeranger

Cycling on 15:55 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Well I found that incredibly frustrating. Not only the coverage with no graphics to tell you where everybody was, and the commentators not able to tell the riders apart, but the race itself. I clearly know nothing about cycling but is it really wise to pis about for 95km allowing the leaders to go a minute in front and then try and catch them right at the end? Even those two that went out at the front, with 500m left, are looking at each other and messing about. Just put your bloody foot down man.

Beeb should be embarrassed by that coverage. Awful - no time splits even the guys who usually do the C4 commentary were not holding back saying how frustrated the info was. The Beeb should have just gone and hired a decent foreign director who knows Road Racing. I also wonder if the reason that the GB team left it too late was also because the only feed they had was from the beeb or the BOA ??

At least I saw them blast through Twickenham this morning!!
Cycling on 16:31 - Jul 28 with 1391 viewsJamie

Cycling on 16:12 - Jul 28 by collegeranger

Beeb should be embarrassed by that coverage. Awful - no time splits even the guys who usually do the C4 commentary were not holding back saying how frustrated the info was. The Beeb should have just gone and hired a decent foreign director who knows Road Racing. I also wonder if the reason that the GB team left it too late was also because the only feed they had was from the beeb or the BOA ??

At least I saw them blast through Twickenham this morning!!

It was nothing to do with the BBC. LOCOG were not providing them the info.
Cycling on 16:33 - Jul 28 with 1385 viewsHollowayRanger

surely the thing to do was to go with the break away and not let a group get a 6 minute lead on you

Listen to the band play!

Cycling on 16:36 - Jul 28 with 1381 viewscollegeranger

Cycling on 16:31 - Jul 28 by Jamie

It was nothing to do with the BBC. LOCOG were not providing them the info.

So who do LOCOG get their feeds from??
Cycling on 16:38 - Jul 28 with 1371 viewsJamie

Cycling on 16:36 - Jul 28 by collegeranger

So who do LOCOG get their feeds from??

Themselves.

The London 2012 chief producer tweeted about it during the race:

@rogermosey
On road cycling, the BBC team shares the frustration about lack of graphics/info from the organisers. But exciting finish ahead.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Cycling on 16:43 - Jul 28 with 1351 viewscollegeranger

Cycling on 16:38 - Jul 28 by Jamie

Themselves.

The London 2012 chief producer tweeted about it during the race:

@rogermosey
On road cycling, the BBC team shares the frustration about lack of graphics/info from the organisers. But exciting finish ahead.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Then I take it all back about Auntie Beeb.

- Roger Mosey - get your coat
Cycling on 17:25 - Jul 28 with 1308 viewseastside_r

Just heard Cavendish's dad being interviewed on the radio. He was explaining why his boy didn't win, apparently, wait for it

It was the German's fault. I don't understand cycling.
Cycling on 17:33 - Jul 28 with 1296 viewsreal_loftus

Cav OUT!

Still, if I was hanging out the back of this every night, I'd have nothing left in the tank either...

ATAF.

Cycling on 18:07 - Jul 28 with 1257 viewsscot1963

Cycling on 15:55 - Jul 28 by Northernr

I missed half the race as I had to go out, but it is a tactical event and there is usually more speed in a chasing peloton than the few riders who have gone out in front (the slipstream assistance is less and the additional effort required to get that advantage) - it is quite usual for a few cyclists to be in front but they can be reeled back in during the latter stages if the tactics are right - obviously didn't quite happen by the sound of it
Cycling on 18:39 - Jul 28 with 1224 viewsHollowayRanger

Cycling on 18:07 - Jul 28 by scot1963

I missed half the race as I had to go out, but it is a tactical event and there is usually more speed in a chasing peloton than the few riders who have gone out in front (the slipstream assistance is less and the additional effort required to get that advantage) - it is quite usual for a few cyclists to be in front but they can be reeled back in during the latter stages if the tactics are right - obviously didn't quite happen by the sound of it

pretty much what happened brits moaned afterwards that no one in chasing pack helped them chase break away,they had to do all the work as everyone sat behind them not caring who won as long as it wasnt them

the lead was 6 ins at one stage finished about 2 mins down seems like tactially they blew it badly by not going with break away

Listen to the band play!

Cycling on 19:37 - Jul 28 with 1177 viewsRs_Holy

Cycling on 18:39 - Jul 28 by HollowayRanger

pretty much what happened brits moaned afterwards that no one in chasing pack helped them chase break away,they had to do all the work as everyone sat behind them not caring who won as long as it wasnt them

the lead was 6 ins at one stage finished about 2 mins down seems like tactially they blew it badly by not going with break away

agree.... it sounds a lot like sour grapes to me.... All the build up was about GB's dream team and how Cav would win with the team playing there part.

Tactically we got it wrong but I wonder how tired (mentally) the boys were after the Tour de France???

I think, in all honesty, the jerrseys in the Tour de France mean more to those guys than the Olympics... (in the same way that Champions League means more to footy players than playing in the World Cup).
Cycling on 19:42 - Jul 28 with 1172 viewsgueRRilla

Really enjoyable race even if the result wasn't great. I'd never seen a full bike race before and feel like I learnt a lot. Still staggered that anyone could cycle 250k in a few hours. I cycled 25 miles a few years ago and still brag about it! Possibly a bit harder on a mountain bike though!
Cycling on 20:11 - Jul 28 with 1139 viewswestolian

It's not sour grapes from team gb

As an example, the only way the Germans we're gonna win was with their sprinter at the end. They should have helped alot more in the chase

It's quite usual for the peloton to chase down 10-11 mins BUT that's with more than 4 poor souls doing all the riding

Stannard was outstanding - not Cavs fault !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Cycling on 20:13 - Jul 28 with 1137 viewswestolian

It's not sour grapes from team gb

As an example, the only way the Germans we're gonna win was with their sprinter at the end. They should have helped alot more in the chase

It's quite usual for the peloton to chase down 10-11 mins BUT that's with more than 4 poor souls doing all the riding

Stannard was outstanding - not Cavs fault !

Cycling on 20:40 - Jul 28 with 1118 viewsrongould

Sad for Cav. This race came too soon after the T de F, which took more out of our team than they imagined.

Still it was a great win fot Vino, rounding off a wonderdful career.

Not bad riding for a 40year old.
Timed his final sprint perfectly
Cycling on 20:43 - Jul 28 with 1111 viewswestolian

Cycling on 20:40 - Jul 28 by rongould

Sad for Cav. This race came too soon after the T de F, which took more out of our team than they imagined.

Still it was a great win fot Vino, rounding off a wonderdful career.

Not bad riding for a 40year old.
Timed his final sprint perfectly

Great career except for that short period when he was banned for drug abuse

Ah well

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024