Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Round my way 22:12 - Jul 17 with 2980 viewsloftboy

There seems to be a growing number of cycle clubs, now I'm quite partial to a bike ride myself but why do these vvankers think it's ok to ride three abreast just because they are all wearing the same colour Lycra, they get the right hump when i remind them of the highway code.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Round my way on 22:29 - Jul 17 with 2174 viewsJuzzie

three abreast

go through red lights

wrong way down one way streets

through no entry signs

no insurance (I've seen cyclists cause accidents then ride off)

no tax

on the pavement

treat the bus lanes as thought it's theirs (the clue is in the name...'bus')

headphones on - sound awareness is so important but also puts you in a void like sense giving a feeling of invunerability... seen plenty of car drivers with headphones on... wtf???!)

no lights at night or ones so dim you might as well no bother

.... and so on.

oh, and they demand, demand I tell thee, to have equal rights.

Yeah? well f**king use the roads in accordance to the Highway Code like everyone else.

Ooooh, I could crush a grape....

Round my way on 22:36 - Jul 17 with 2148 viewsTW_R

Yeah - and have you seen those f*ckers going round France. They take up the whole bloody road, blocking mountain passes, clogging up towns & villages - FFS!!
Round my way on 22:36 - Jul 17 with 2148 viewsmichael67

Round my way on 22:29 - Jul 17 by Juzzie

three abreast

go through red lights

wrong way down one way streets

through no entry signs

no insurance (I've seen cyclists cause accidents then ride off)

no tax

on the pavement

treat the bus lanes as thought it's theirs (the clue is in the name...'bus')

headphones on - sound awareness is so important but also puts you in a void like sense giving a feeling of invunerability... seen plenty of car drivers with headphones on... wtf???!)

no lights at night or ones so dim you might as well no bother

.... and so on.

oh, and they demand, demand I tell thee, to have equal rights.

Yeah? well f**king use the roads in accordance to the Highway Code like everyone else.

Ooooh, I could crush a grape....

Boris likes them.......... actually a man who is nuttier than a cadburys whole nut is really not an arguement.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Round my way on 23:10 - Jul 17 with 2112 viewsJuzzie

I like bikes. I have one, cycled loads when a kid (I guess we all did) and have used Boris Bikes. It's the people that are idiots. Like drivers who think indicating gives them the right of way.

Round my way on 23:20 - Jul 17 with 2098 viewsfLaMeBoY

I live in the Surrey heartland for middle aged pr1cks in lycra cycling in groups thinking they are on the Tour de France literally taking over the roads.
Round my way on 23:24 - Jul 17 with 2094 viewsNorthernr

This is great news loftboy. All you need now is a megaphone and you'll be all set to go... out onto your front lawn to announce "the red light applies to you as well fcktard" as they ride past.
Round my way on 03:07 - Jul 18 with 2048 viewsCanadaRanger

Watch out for...

The really crazy ones... (ps)cycle-paths
The criminal ones... dope pedalers

Round my way on 06:13 - Jul 18 with 2026 viewsqprmick

Round my way on 22:36 - Jul 17 by TW_R

Yeah - and have you seen those f*ckers going round France. They take up the whole bloody road, blocking mountain passes, clogging up towns & villages - FFS!!

The bastards ran over my tacks and stole some of them

Qprmick

Login to get fewer ads

Round my way on 07:11 - Jul 18 with 2014 viewsBazWoT

Round my way on 06:13 - Jul 18 by qprmick

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Round my way on 07:28 - Jul 18 with 2007 viewsgrant1956

Never mind bikes
Today we had some bloke running down the middle of our road carrying a lighted flame
Round my way on 08:06 - Jul 18 with 1980 viewsbillericaydicky

Ah yes nouveau cyclists....dontchahateem?

Don't worry, once the euphoria of the TDF and the Olympics has gone it will be darker and colder and the the nouveau cyclist will be retired back to suburbs and will return to 'the gym'.

Agree with much of what has been said, in particular the bit about motorists and indicating....it doesn't take 1 second to indicate you fckig lazy bastards!!!!
Round my way on 08:18 - Jul 18 with 1962 viewsCanadaRanger

Round my way on 07:28 - Jul 18 by grant1956

Never mind bikes
Today we had some bloke running down the middle of our road carrying a lighted flame

Gas Board trainee?
Round my way on 08:21 - Jul 18 with 1959 viewswombat

Round my way on 08:06 - Jul 18 by billericaydicky

Ah yes nouveau cyclists....dontchahateem?

Don't worry, once the euphoria of the TDF and the Olympics has gone it will be darker and colder and the the nouveau cyclist will be retired back to suburbs and will return to 'the gym'.

Agree with much of what has been said, in particular the bit about motorists and indicating....it doesn't take 1 second to indicate you fckig lazy bastards!!!!

ill give cyclists respect when they start paying road tax , pain in the arse no respect for other road users , pedestrians etc

The NHS call cyclsits organ doners by the way.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Round my way on 08:23 - Jul 18 with 1958 viewsWrittler

no tax? Road tax was abolished in 1937
Round my way on 08:30 - Jul 18 with 1950 viewswombat

Round my way on 08:23 - Jul 18 by Writtler

no tax? Road tax was abolished in 1937

lol sorry should have been a form of car tax or at least have there own public liability insurance ,
car owners have to in case they are involved in an accident
motor cyclists
even people who ride a horse on the main road have to have public liability insurance

why dont cyclists ? they get treated by the nhs when they fall off and graz there knees etc

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Round my way on 11:42 - Jul 18 with 1893 viewsQPunkR

I'm sorry this is a well biased thread. So in mitigation- what about those f*cking inbred white van and black cab drivers??

F*cking murderous d!ckheads the lot of them.

QPR - "shit but local"

Round my way on 11:46 - Jul 18 with 1876 viewsTW_R

Round my way on 06:13 - Jul 18 by qprmick

Lol. Very Tact-less of them!
Round my way on 11:47 - Jul 18 with 1876 viewsAunt_Nelly

Round my way on 08:30 - Jul 18 by wombat

lol sorry should have been a form of car tax or at least have there own public liability insurance ,
car owners have to in case they are involved in an accident
motor cyclists
even people who ride a horse on the main road have to have public liability insurance

why dont cyclists ? they get treated by the nhs when they fall off and graz there knees etc

Cyclists with grazed knees cost the NHS £4.2 billion last year and that figure is expected to be over £6 billion by 2015.

Oh hang on, those costs are for obesity..
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Round my way on 14:35 - Jul 18 with 1823 viewsM40R

Don't forget you guys that many QPR fans and even readers of this board are cyclists: many of these posts seem to imply that cyclists are a bunch of wierdos. As someone who has even biked to away matches and is also a regular car driver (and train user!) I must defend most of us cyclists:

- Three or two abreast - well out of order.

- Tax: roads are paid for out of general taxation, not "road tax". Road tax does not cover all of the costs. Road tax, really Vehicle Excise Duty, is actually an extra charge on either the environmental damage of an engine (in the case of cars) or levels of damage related to weight (in the case of goods vehicles). Cyclists have an automatic legal right to use the road, the same as a pedestrian. They just don't pay extra cos they don't cause any extra damage. So the fact cyclists don't pay road tax is not a reason to dislike them or not to cede equal rights. And of course most of the expensive junk of keeping up the roads - lights, flyovers, speed cameras, pot hole patching, etc - arise from cars and lorries alone.

- Red lights, down one way streets, etc: the biggest problem is that the road network is, until recently, designed just for the motorist and takes no account of the different, and much lighter needs, of the cyclist. Traffic lights, one way streets etc are a consequence of the size, damage and limited manoeuvrability of a car or lorry. When roads are actually designed for all road users, you will get better support. For example, the high number of casualties caused by left turning lorries at lights in London is caused by lack of phasing. Women cyclists tend to obey the law more than men and guess what, it's mostly women who get killed by HGV's. So for men jumping the red light, it is often a statistically sound defensive mechanism, until the roads are designed for all. And the consequences of a bike jumping the lights are trivial compared to a car or lorry.

- Bus lanes - despite the name, bikes have a legal right to use (almost) every bus lane. The little pictures are a bit of a clue. Even taxis use them.

- liability insurance. I think this is a good idea. But don't forget that a cyclist without such will still have to pay, even if not found guilty in the courts. Lack of insurance does not give a cyclist carte blanche as they could face losing all assets and paying for life. So most do in fact have such cover.

I think we all need the season to start, to let off steam. Which means that I can't defend cyclists who support Foolham, Norwich or Reading.
Round my way on 15:32 - Jul 18 with 1793 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm a cyclist and I can't wait for the winter when all the 'Summer cyclists' have crawled back into their cars.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Round my way on 15:59 - Jul 18 with 1772 viewsJuzzie

M40R; I certainly not intent on tarring them all with the same brush, it's a bit like people saying all football fans are hooligans, and I know many law abiding cyclsist but I see so many infringements on a daily basis it's clear it'sa very large minority.

"- Red lights, down one way streets, etc: the biggest problem is that the road network is, until recently, designed just for the motorist and takes no account of the different, and much lighter needs, of the cyclist."

Agreed but that's no excuse for cyclists to break the law. Cycle routes are improving all the time but it will take time.
Coming out of work we flow straight into a one-way street but I'm always coming head on into cyclists 'cos they can't be bothered to follow the one-way route the other way.

"- Bus lanes - despite the name, bikes have a legal right to use (almost) every bus lane. The little pictures are a bit of a clue. Even taxis use them."

I know they have a legal right, my point is they assume it's theirs. I've had many an argument (I'm on a motorbike) when a cyclist tries to cut ME up and says "This is our lane don't you know". This was my point, it's not THEIR lane. It's a bus lane that cyclists, taxis and tehn motorbikes have been invited into.
On the latter point, when it was announced a couple of years ago that motorcyclists were to be allowed into bus lanes, all the militant cycling groups in London were up in arms and organising rallies outside Parliment in protest. Yet they seem perfectly happy to ignore the fact that thousands of cyclists break the laws themselves. A lot don't even know it's a £30 fine if they go through a red light becuase they think they have the right to.

"- liability insurance. I think this is a good idea. But don't forget that a cyclist without such will still have to pay, even if not found guilty in the courts. Lack of insurance does not give a cyclist carte blanche as they could face losing all assets and paying for life. So most do in fact have such cover."

It should be mandatory but trying to get the buggers to stop is another matter, unless they're spread out on the floor. Because there is no form of identification, such as a number plate, they just ride off. As said, I've seen this happen. Not often, but it does happen.

"I think we all need the season to start, to let off steam. Which means that I can't defend cyclists who support Foolham, Norwich or Reading"

Amen to that lol!

Round my way on 16:16 - Jul 18 with 1757 viewsloftboy

Round my way on 15:32 - Jul 18 by Metallica_Hoop

I'm a cyclist and I can't wait for the winter when all the 'Summer cyclists' have crawled back into their cars.

I love cycling but I can't get my head around holding up cars for miles at a time.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Round my way on 16:17 - Jul 18 with 1753 viewshoopstilidie

I tow a caravan.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Round my way on 05:32 - Jul 19 with 1706 viewswood_hoop

Round my way on 11:42 - Jul 18 by QPunkR

I'm sorry this is a well biased thread. So in mitigation- what about those f*cking inbred white van and black cab drivers??

F*cking murderous d!ckheads the lot of them.

I hate the pedal pushers, sanctimonious ars*holes most of them,even better now with electric vehicles, can sneak up on the bast***ds and squash em ethically....
Round my way on 06:42 - Jul 19 with 1690 viewsCanadaRanger

I have it on good authority that complaints from cyclists fill potholes... either that or the cyclists do...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024