Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Round my way 22:12 - Jul 17 with 3275 viewsloftboy

There seems to be a growing number of cycle clubs, now I'm quite partial to a bike ride myself but why do these vvankers think it's ok to ride three abreast just because they are all wearing the same colour Lycra, they get the right hump when i remind them of the highway code.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Round my way on 12:13 - Jul 19 with 831 viewsQPunkR

M40R, excellent post!

And 'talli - us cyclists need to stick together, especially when all these newbies are gonna be on the roads over the Lipix. The good thing is its been raining a lot recently, which has kept most of the bloody summer cyclists off the roads.

QPR - "shit but local"

Round my way on 12:34 - Jul 19 with 822 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Round my way on 12:13 - Jul 19 by QPunkR

M40R, excellent post!

And 'talli - us cyclists need to stick together, especially when all these newbies are gonna be on the roads over the Lipix. The good thing is its been raining a lot recently, which has kept most of the bloody summer cyclists off the roads.

I agree PunkR, I do however sympathise with alot of the points made on this thread.

I might jog alot more for the Olympics as my route home from Broadcasting House is a 'Highway'
I can see myself using my size 12 steel toe riggers boots on the panels/lights of the first car that toots me for being in the middle lane of the Euston/Marylebone Road. AS I DON'T WANT TO BE IN THAT LANE

I have to show a young lady from Venezuela the Olympics so have to go to East London on public transport Arggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Round my way on 12:51 - Jul 19 with 809 viewsTonto

I dont understand where this "cyclists shold pay tax" thing comes from.

Cyclists do very little (if any) damagae to the road, unlike a 1 to 2 tonne motorised vehicle.

Cyclists produce very little pollution (I dont know wether cyclists fart more than mototrists, but even if they do, its nothing compared to dust, CO2, NO2, etc that comes from a combustion engine)

What are cyclists supposed to be paying for?

I get the point about running red lights - I really do. And yes those that ride 3 abreast on a narrow road are also taking a liberty if you ask me.

But lets get one thing straight - motorists behaviour is pretty goddam awful - waaaaay worse.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Round my way on 12:53 - Jul 19 with 809 viewsQPunkR

Ooh sod that mate, I definitely won't be on public transport whatsoever over the Limpix, let alone anywhere near that godforsaken area!

True others earlier on in the thread do make valid points, but I really dislike how drivers react to cyclists while in their little cocooned metal boxes and trying to run me down. Had a Russian dude try it the other day and then start mouthing off, I think I taught him some new English words and phrases he may not have heard before..

QPR - "shit but local"

Round my way on 12:57 - Jul 19 with 804 viewsstonebridgers

Round my way on 07:28 - Jul 18 by grant1956

Never mind bikes
Today we had some bloke running down the middle of our road carrying a lighted flame

I know Do that now and you get a tracksuit and everyone comes out and cheers you but last August you do that in Tottenham High Road and all you get is a early morning call from the boys in blue.

Stonebridgers

Round my way on 12:59 - Jul 19 with 804 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Round my way on 12:53 - Jul 19 by QPunkR

Ooh sod that mate, I definitely won't be on public transport whatsoever over the Limpix, let alone anywhere near that godforsaken area!

True others earlier on in the thread do make valid points, but I really dislike how drivers react to cyclists while in their little cocooned metal boxes and trying to run me down. Had a Russian dude try it the other day and then start mouthing off, I think I taught him some new English words and phrases he may not have heard before..

I've done the same mate. The amount of drivers looking the wrong way who pull out in front of me as they are used to driving on the wrong side of the road are legion. I've started looking at the driver not the vehicle.

I wore a 1954 French Otan steel Helmet when riding on Bastille day the other day. Apart from busloads of people looking at me curiously it was amazing how much space I was given in the pouring rain.

I might wear it more often, then again.....

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Round my way on 13:14 - Jul 19 with 795 viewsJuzzie

Round my way on 12:51 - Jul 19 by Tonto

I dont understand where this "cyclists shold pay tax" thing comes from.

Cyclists do very little (if any) damagae to the road, unlike a 1 to 2 tonne motorised vehicle.

Cyclists produce very little pollution (I dont know wether cyclists fart more than mototrists, but even if they do, its nothing compared to dust, CO2, NO2, etc that comes from a combustion engine)

What are cyclists supposed to be paying for?

I get the point about running red lights - I really do. And yes those that ride 3 abreast on a narrow road are also taking a liberty if you ask me.

But lets get one thing straight - motorists behaviour is pretty goddam awful - waaaaay worse.

"What are cyclists supposed to be paying for?"

All the cycling routes that are being created?

Round my way on 13:21 - Jul 19 with 787 viewsWrittler

Round my way on 13:14 - Jul 19 by Juzzie

"What are cyclists supposed to be paying for?"

All the cycling routes that are being created?

If drivers "drove" properly then we wouldn't need the cycle routes!
Login to get fewer ads

Round my way on 13:35 - Jul 19 with 777 viewsQPunkR

Round my way on 13:21 - Jul 19 by Writtler

Yep.

Fight fight fight!!

QPR - "shit but local"

Round my way on 14:05 - Jul 19 with 769 viewsJuzzie

Round my way on 13:21 - Jul 19 by Writtler

Agreed! It fkin' anarchy out there. The problem is, cyclists are the most vulnerable yet ride like they've got a death wish.

Riding home last night I was waiting in a side road with my indicators on to turn right, as the main road cleared I pulled out and started turning right and there was a cyclist right next to me. Had I not not swerved, I'd have knocked her off.

She had no clue what she had nearly done then proceed to go through all the red lights. No helmet, no lights (not that it was dark) no protection of any kind or visibility clothing.

If she carries on like that she'll be next on the statistics list.

Round my way on 14:15 - Jul 19 with 760 viewsTheBlob

Cyclists create Carbon Dioxide which contributes to Global Warming

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Round my way on 14:16 - Jul 19 with 755 viewswombat

Round my way on 14:05 - Jul 19 by Juzzie

Agreed! It fkin' anarchy out there. The problem is, cyclists are the most vulnerable yet ride like they've got a death wish.

Riding home last night I was waiting in a side road with my indicators on to turn right, as the main road cleared I pulled out and started turning right and there was a cyclist right next to me. Had I not not swerved, I'd have knocked her off.

She had no clue what she had nearly done then proceed to go through all the red lights. No helmet, no lights (not that it was dark) no protection of any kind or visibility clothing.

If she carries on like that she'll be next on the statistics list.

so cyslists get there own cycle ways and normally ride with little respect for other road users yet they shouldnt pay any form of tax for using the roads

they get use of the nhs when they fall of there bikes ?
they knock car wing mirrors when they misjudge the gap btween traffic causing damage and all you get is a sorry mate if your lucky

so yes they should pay to use the roads they complain enough when a pot hole appears and want it repaired straight away come on lycra boys time to pay something towards the cost of said repairs

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Round my way on 16:17 - Jul 19 with 744 viewsBazWoT

Cyclists are pedestrians with wheels, keep off the road.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Round my way on 16:43 - Jul 19 with 732 viewsloftboy

Last year whilst crossing at a pedestrian crossing at the strand, a cyclist didn't stop and nearly wiped out my then 6 year old, worst of all the cyclist could not see what he had done wrong even with me throttling him.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Round my way on 18:34 - Jul 19 with 720 viewsWrittler

Round my way on 16:43 - Jul 19 by loftboy

Last year whilst crossing at a pedestrian crossing at the strand, a cyclist didn't stop and nearly wiped out my then 6 year old, worst of all the cyclist could not see what he had done wrong even with me throttling him.

A few months back a pedestrian, listening to an ipod, texting on his mobile walked out between cars causing me to go into him - I fell off, broken collarbone, no work for a few weeks and no money as I am self employed and the c*nt had the front to have a go at me. So should pedestrains have to have public liability as well?

There are good and bad in all - I have had countless rows with "fellow" cyclists who jump lights probably as many as knobs who think "he's only on a bike I can turn and beat him".

I have a 67 mile round trip commute a few times a week - half in the country (where cars drive waaaay too fast) and then hit the Romford Road and say a silent prayer....
Round my way on 18:51 - Jul 19 with 700 viewsmichael67

Round my way on 16:17 - Jul 19 by BazWoT

Cyclists are pedestrians with wheels, keep off the road.

They should stay on the road. Some pavements are congested enough without having them on it.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Round my way on 18:55 - Jul 19 with 698 viewsMonahoop

Round my way on 22:29 - Jul 17 by Juzzie

three abreast

go through red lights

wrong way down one way streets

through no entry signs

no insurance (I've seen cyclists cause accidents then ride off)

no tax

on the pavement

treat the bus lanes as thought it's theirs (the clue is in the name...'bus')

headphones on - sound awareness is so important but also puts you in a void like sense giving a feeling of invunerability... seen plenty of car drivers with headphones on... wtf???!)

no lights at night or ones so dim you might as well no bother

.... and so on.

oh, and they demand, demand I tell thee, to have equal rights.

Yeah? well f**king use the roads in accordance to the Highway Code like everyone else.

Ooooh, I could crush a grape....

Blimey, you think cyclists are a nuisance, a lot of these categories apply to car drivers where I live!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Round my way on 20:41 - Jul 19 with 683 viewsEastR

When I saw this thread title it took me back to The mighty Fall

"And round my way the people still do say ...

Riddler

My first is in car, my second is in

ZOOM!"

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Round my way on 21:12 - Jul 19 with 674 viewsBazWoT

Round my way on 18:51 - Jul 19 by michael67

They should stay on the road. Some pavements are congested enough without having them on it.

There we are then, pedestrians don't want them on the pavement and road users don't want them on the roads.

Time they coughed up for there own areas of enjoyment/necessity then isn't it rather than "riding" on the back of others.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Round my way on 21:49 - Jul 19 with 666 viewswombat

Round my way on 21:12 - Jul 19 by BazWoT

There we are then, pedestrians don't want them on the pavement and road users don't want them on the roads.

Time they coughed up for there own areas of enjoyment/necessity then isn't it rather than "riding" on the back of others.

As I said they should pay something towards the use of the roads ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Round my way on 22:16 - Jul 19 with 660 viewsM40R

Round my way on 21:49 - Jul 19 by wombat

As I said they should pay something towards the use of the roads ,

"Paying towards the use of roads" - we've been over this before. Cyclists do pay for the roads. They are funded out of general taxation, not "road tax". Road tax is an additional tax based on the damage that cars and lorries cause.

According to the RAC, expenditure on roads is around £9 billion per year. Road tax, really VED, only collects £5.8 billion. http://www.racfoundation.org/faq/Economics#a11

And as for the earlier post - yes cyclist so report pot holes. But they don't cause them. They are caused by water seeping through worn surfaces. You can guess what wears the surface most.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024