Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday press conference... 10:02 - Apr 26 with 1822 viewsNorthernr

- Andros Townsend hammy injury — back at Spurs for treatment. Returns for Arsenal game.

- Taarabt shoulder injury, waiting to see how he is.

- Not downing tools, trained hard all week, looking at people with next year in mind.

- Didn’t think we played badly against Stoke — lost two key players in Adel and Andros which took our attacking threat away.

- We’re watching games looking for people who can make a difference next season and get us back up.

- We'll only let the ones go we want to let go, the ones we want to keep we'll keep. Quite often the ones you want to keep end up going and the ones you want to be rid of end up staying but they all have contracts.

- Remy done well, think he would score 20 goals a season in the Premier League. We'll sit down and see what his plans are, we'd like to keep him.

- No idea if Cesar is going, no inquiries and haven't spoken to him.

- Joey Barton has done well, had an excellent season for them. A good player. If you see where Joey lives in Marseille I think it would be very difficult to get him back here. Joey has a nice lifestyle there, I'd be surprised if he wanted to come back. He's done very well out there. Good player, he'd be a good player for us.

- The squad is badly balanced through nobody's fault. Bobby Zamora and ndy Johnson being injured took away the strikers, need people who could score goals and that's the problem. Remy is the leading scorer with five goals which tells you everything. It;s been a disaster in that respect.

- Championship full of quality football clubs with big stadiums and great tradition - Forest, Derby, Leicester, Wolves. So don't think you go down and just come straight back up. That's the aim, but you don't just do it. Will need a lot of hard work. Brighton, excellent team. Big challenge but it's a good club with good people and I have the hunger for it. It will be tough though because there are so many clubs in that division.

- Asked about Phil Neville, thinks he will get Premier League offers.

- New training ground fantastic. Much needed. Great bonus for the club, fantastic. Shows you it's a forward thinking club. Want to be successful here, they've had a blip but hopefully we can put it right next year. Ordered a new pitch to be laid, that will be great - depends how you want to play the game if we wanted to boot the ball all day I wouldn't mind a terrible pitch but we want to play football and the pitch isn't made for good football.

- Cesar Chelsea incident - bit of fun round his mate's house.

- Suarez always going to be hammered. Such a player, fantastic footballer, amazing, you'd love him in your team, could play in any team in the world. A shame he goes off the rails occasionally. Graeme Sounnes spot on - he's in the last chance saloon. Got to learn. Whatever Brendan says he gets slaughtered for, has to protect the player and the club he's in a difficult situation. The boy is some player and he has to learn his lesson, hopefully this will be the last time.

- Bit of a sex wee over Manchester United which I'd rather die than type.

- I'm not saying I don't want Joey back, he's a good player who is playing very well in France. He's under contract so if he has to come back he'll come back. Joey wants to stay there, if it doesn't work out he'll come back here and be a good player for us. He can play, a good footballer. If no deal is done he'll come back here and get on with it the same as we all will.

- Needs some change, things need turning round and changing. Enough good players to give you a good platform to work with. Couple of additions, the right characters, will give you a chance.

- Sitting down with the board next week. Didn't want to think about anything other than Premier League but it hasn't gone well the last few weeks. Wouldn't be asking them to spend a sizeable amount of money, there are players around available cheap - Townsend and Jenas came in January.

- No small clubs in that division, incredible division now. Bolton, Blackburn, Burnley. Tough.

- Don't know about contract clauses with players, haven't discussed it with board, couldn't tell you.

- No regrets about taking the job. Come and work for good people, enjoy coming to work, it's been unfortunate. If we'd got smashed up every week, not tried and been rubbish I'd hold my hands up. Short in key positions, ended up playing Taarabt up front by himself as a lone striker. Got a few draws, then when we had to win and pen up we were in trouble because we lacked the ammunition. Had a couple of wins, then Zamora got sent off, Zamora and Remy would be a good partnership but they never played together.

- Motivation shouldn't be a problem. They get paid. If they're not motivated come and see us and we won't pay em until next season, come back pre-season and we'll start paying you again.

- I haven't seen Jay Bothroyd's tattoo. If he plays well and scores a few goals he can have what he likes. Where did he get it done, my wife wants me to have one myself.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Friday press conference... on 10:09 - Apr 26 with 1796 viewssimmo

Although I agee in principle with what he is saying, I cant help reading that and just thinking - 'bollocks'.

'The ones you want to keep end up going and the ones you want to be rid of end up staying'. - This is exactly what will happen

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Friday press conference... on 10:09 - Apr 26 with 1797 viewsfakekerby

Badly balanced is nobody's fault? Christ alive.

When Zamora and Johnson both signed the reaction from most of us was that they are good players but very injury prone.

Amazing guys with years of experience in football couldn't work that one out.
Friday press conference... on 10:11 - Apr 26 with 1782 viewsStanisgod

Sounds like he's made his mind up to stay.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Friday press conference... on 10:12 - Apr 26 with 1772 viewssimmo

Also good use of the word 'hammy' to save time.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Friday press conference... on 10:15 - Apr 26 with 1751 viewsHollowayRanger

Friday press conference... on 10:09 - Apr 26 by fakekerby

Badly balanced is nobody's fault? Christ alive.

When Zamora and Johnson both signed the reaction from most of us was that they are good players but very injury prone.

Amazing guys with years of experience in football couldn't work that one out.

quite agree

moaning that we had no strikers is a JOKE

harry you had january to correct things

BOUGHT IN remy BUT LET GO CISSE!!!!!!

so no better off

if we kept DJ and CISSE to join remy and zamorra ,bothroyd we might have done better

AS FOR REMY next season redknapp says we'll see what he wants

so does anyone think that would be 2nd tier football ?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Friday press conference... on 10:17 - Apr 26 with 1746 viewscarrotcrunch_R

At least he is now concentrating on seeing who is committed to us for the championship ,which hopefully shows he is committed to the cause, still a tough job ahead though gl Harry you have my support.
Friday press conference... on 10:21 - Apr 26 with 1730 viewsdaveB

interesting stuff, doesn't sound like he is going to leave.

Shame Adel and Townsend are out for the weekend, they were the only reason I could think of to go to the game
Friday press conference... on 10:42 - Apr 26 with 1666 viewsDaBurgh

" - We'll only let the ones go we want to let go, the ones we want to keep we'll keep. Quite often the ones you want to keep end up going and the ones you want to be rid of end up staying but they all have contracts."

Unless it's Mr. Park.. we need to keep him because we want to sell loads of shirts in Korea.
Login to get fewer ads

Friday press conference... on 16:55 - Apr 26 with 1354 viewsToast_R

Friday press conference... on 10:15 - Apr 26 by HollowayRanger

quite agree

moaning that we had no strikers is a JOKE

harry you had january to correct things

BOUGHT IN remy BUT LET GO CISSE!!!!!!

so no better off

if we kept DJ and CISSE to join remy and zamorra ,bothroyd we might have done better

AS FOR REMY next season redknapp says we'll see what he wants

so does anyone think that would be 2nd tier football ?

I suspect he let Cisse go as he had pretty much downed tools and wanted out and was causing a serious black cloud in the dressing room.

The WBA cup replay he was walking around the pitch disinterested wishing for warmer weather. His usual years stay before moving to another club had come to it's natural end. That seems to be the way with him.

Redknapp said on arrival he wanted to get rid of anyone causing a negative atmosphere.
Friday press conference... on 17:00 - Apr 26 with 1337 viewscorse

bo..ocks...
harry has done nothing to prove me he is worth his pay cheque.
and we will sell and we will sell the best. green cesar,remy taarabt,mbia.
we ll end up with samba,hill,mackie,derry,park,ferdinand,johnson,zamora,boswanxer and other very good and proven quality players.
long and very hard season ahead in championship.
and i dont give a feck if they have new training facilities or not cause its no use for that lot...
Friday press conference... on 17:01 - Apr 26 with 1334 viewsNov77

if adel and townsend aren't playing sunday I shudder to think how bad we'll be.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Friday press conference... on 17:14 - Apr 26 with 1302 viewsadhoc_qpr

Sounds fine to me - at least we are clearly planning for the Championship now and it looks like Harry is staying.

I'm not sure what some of you want the club to say regarding selling players? Of course we'll sell a load but you don't just announce your desperate do you - need to try and retain some kind of negotiating position...

Friday press conference... on 17:53 - Apr 26 with 1246 viewsbosh67

Much as I love Harry I have to say that I have never thought as much of Zamora as he does in his wet dreams about him. Yes, he's okay, he was good before he broke his ankle at fulham. After that, never the same, as we have seen here.

Cisse and Remy would have terrorised defences. Not sure Zamora and Remy ever would have done.

Now, Bobby Zamora and Emile Heskey together... shielding and holding the ball up for each other for an entire 90 minutes. That's another kettle of fish.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Friday press conference... on 18:01 - Apr 26 with 1221 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Don't want Barton back here ever again.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Friday press conference... on 19:55 - Apr 26 with 1060 viewsderbyhoop

Friday press conference... on 18:01 - Apr 26 by RANGERS4EVER

Don't want Barton back here ever again.

Harry talking bollox again. I could have done that press conference for him.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Friday press conference... on 20:45 - Apr 26 with 1007 viewsjimmya

Just watched it. Thought Arry came accross as either very tired or very un-interested. This is a time we need positivity and leadership. Just watched Atkins and he was loads more direct and positive.
Friday press conference... on 20:58 - Apr 26 with 989 viewspaulparker

Friday press conference... on 20:45 - Apr 26 by jimmya

Just watched it. Thought Arry came accross as either very tired or very un-interested. This is a time we need positivity and leadership. Just watched Atkins and he was loads more direct and positive.

Have to agree, TBH I thought Arry would pull us through but as the weeks have gone by he looks like he is here like the rest ie getting a pension top up
I would say either get in Uwe Rosler or Gigi back

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Friday press conference... on 21:09 - Apr 26 with 977 viewsCanadaRanger

Thank-you for the report. New pitch to be laid. :)
Friday press conference... on 03:45 - Apr 27 with 870 viewsFredManRave

Friday press conference... on 10:12 - Apr 26 by simmo

Also good use of the word 'hammy' to save time.

Indeed it was but it was wasted with the following, "Returns for Arsenal game" when he could have just said, "Returns for the Arse game".

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Friday press conference... on 09:57 - Apr 27 with 777 viewsbaz_qpr

Friday press conference... on 17:53 - Apr 26 by bosh67

Much as I love Harry I have to say that I have never thought as much of Zamora as he does in his wet dreams about him. Yes, he's okay, he was good before he broke his ankle at fulham. After that, never the same, as we have seen here.

Cisse and Remy would have terrorised defences. Not sure Zamora and Remy ever would have done.

Now, Bobby Zamora and Emile Heskey together... shielding and holding the ball up for each other for an entire 90 minutes. That's another kettle of fish.

He loved him so much he tried to sign Crouch and Odemwingie, what HR does is talk up what he has, what he does not do (or at least very often) is tell you what he really thinks about someone.

On a separate note speaking to my West Ham mate last night we are absolute fools if we dont go for Carlton Cole for the championship given he is available
Friday press conference... on 11:19 - Apr 27 with 710 viewsCanadaRanger

Friday press conference... on 09:57 - Apr 27 by baz_qpr

He loved him so much he tried to sign Crouch and Odemwingie, what HR does is talk up what he has, what he does not do (or at least very often) is tell you what he really thinks about someone.

On a separate note speaking to my West Ham mate last night we are absolute fools if we dont go for Carlton Cole for the championship given he is available

Cole's to Newcastle?
Friday press conference... on 11:28 - Apr 27 with 702 viewsenfieldargh

Friday press conference... on 09:57 - Apr 27 by baz_qpr

cole and Hulse up front....like watching an oil freighter doing a 3 point turn

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024