Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong extended 10:01 - Jun 12 with 17920 viewsloftboy

Great news

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/june/12/sinclair-armstrong-contract-extended/
[Post edited 12 Jun 10:08]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Armstrong extended on 14:21 - Jun 12 with 3098 viewsbosh67

Armstrong extended on 14:11 - Jun 12 by Rangersw12

Like Dunne he needs to sign a new contract or we have to try and sell him this summer

Did Jimmy sign a new contract or is that an option extension as well?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Armstrong extended on 14:22 - Jun 12 with 3091 viewsAntti_Heinola

Armstrong extended on 13:30 - Jun 12 by BklynRanger

I'm far less worried about what this means than I would've been 6 months ago.

As the team has steadily improved post-Marti's introduction I've seen Armstrong as the player who was most clearly struggling to keep up with those improvements. A good, if very short, example was when he came on at the end against Leeds. Couldn't stay onside, couldn't trap the ball, couldn't lay it off.

Earlier in the season he was one of the brighter sparks in what was often a terrible performance, but his rawness hasn't diminished at all this season, to my eyes anyway.

Would be happy for him to stay and develop, but if he's asking for too much I'd cut him lose or at the very least call his advisors' bluff.

agree with much of that, but he was offside once in that game, and only twice i think in the second half of the season. He did make huge strides in that area.

Bare bones.

Armstrong extended on 14:24 - Jun 12 with 3070 viewsAntti_Heinola

Armstrong extended on 13:37 - Jun 12 by Burnleyhoop

The jury remains well and truly out for me. Awful lot to prove this coming season.

A new striker is an absolute must, ideally signed prior to the start of pre-season and not with minutes remaining before the proverbial window slams shut.

I agree, but I remain sceptical we'll get another striker. We only play with one, and we have three already. We can't afford to have 2 on the bench and one not even in the squad. One has to go before one comes in, I suspect. And I can't see anyone taking any of the three we have.

Bare bones.

Armstrong extended on 14:40 - Jun 12 with 2957 viewsGloucs_R

Poll: Are we staying up?

Armstrong extended on 14:44 - Jun 12 with 2935 viewsAntti_Heinola

Armstrong extended on 14:40 - Jun 12 by Gloucs_R

or i could be wrong ;)

Bare bones.

Armstrong extended on 14:51 - Jun 12 with 2893 viewsStainrod

Armstrong extended on 14:44 - Jun 12 by Antti_Heinola

or i could be wrong ;)

If we have just one more year of him probably pointless sending him out on loan. I wonder meanwhile if we will try to tie him down to a longer deal?
Armstrong extended on 14:51 - Jun 12 with 2892 viewsBoston

Armstrong extended on 14:22 - Jun 12 by Antti_Heinola

agree with much of that, but he was offside once in that game, and only twice i think in the second half of the season. He did make huge strides in that area.

Agree, he does have huge strides.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Armstrong extended on 14:52 - Jun 12 with 2878 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Armstrong extended on 14:40 - Jun 12 by Gloucs_R

Really not bothered if we he goes. I know some on here have said that he is no longer offside, but that should be a basic.
I can't see a footballer there. Yes, he'll bully some centre backs, but any with any experience deal with him. He wasn't first choice for a reason, and that meant being behind a non scoring Dykes and Frey.

Grab the money and run.
Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong extended on 15:09 - Jun 12 with 2773 viewsdmm

If, as expected, we sign a new striker we'll have him, Dykes, Armstrong and Frey. One too many I think so someone will surely be moved on.
Armstrong extended on 15:30 - Jun 12 with 2617 viewsRangersw12

Armstrong extended on 14:21 - Jun 12 by bosh67

Did Jimmy sign a new contract or is that an option extension as well?

Just the one year

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/07/jimmy-dunne-contract-extended/
Armstrong extended on 15:32 - Jun 12 with 2613 views222gers

We may well have to use strong arm tactics to improve him…
Armstrong extended on 15:40 - Jun 12 with 2547 viewsGloucs_R

Armstrong extended on 14:52 - Jun 12 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Really not bothered if we he goes. I know some on here have said that he is no longer offside, but that should be a basic.
I can't see a footballer there. Yes, he'll bully some centre backs, but any with any experience deal with him. He wasn't first choice for a reason, and that meant being behind a non scoring Dykes and Frey.

Grab the money and run.

How much?

£750k plus add ons??

Poll: Are we staying up?

Armstrong extended on 15:51 - Jun 12 with 2484 viewskensalriser

Who's going to buy him? Can't see a Champ side going for him, that leaves L1 or abroad and a few hundred grand at most.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Armstrong extended on 16:03 - Jun 12 with 2408 viewsessextaxiboy

Armstrong extended on 14:24 - Jun 12 by Antti_Heinola

I agree, but I remain sceptical we'll get another striker. We only play with one, and we have three already. We can't afford to have 2 on the bench and one not even in the squad. One has to go before one comes in, I suspect. And I can't see anyone taking any of the three we have.

I would listen to offers for Armstrong and Dykes (fitness issues aside) . Both under contract .

A new striker is a must IMO , we cant go through a whole season saying there are no goals in this team then do nothing about it .

New Signing / Frey / Kolli /and A N Other from the development squad for Cups and bench warming cover for suspensions and injuries.
Armstrong extended on 16:18 - Jun 12 with 2340 viewsBrianWilson

Think a championship club with a bit of money to throw around or a low level prem club could take a chance on him but he won't get first team opportunities so easy and would be seen as one to develop perhaps over a long contract.
[Post edited 12 Jun 16:19]

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Armstrong extended on 16:53 - Jun 12 with 2170 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Armstrong extended on 16:18 - Jun 12 by BrianWilson

Think a championship club with a bit of money to throw around or a low level prem club could take a chance on him but he won't get first team opportunities so easy and would be seen as one to develop perhaps over a long contract.
[Post edited 12 Jun 16:19]

If offers have been made we need to sell him, find the best offer and negotiate sell ons bonus payments etc this is hopefully where Noury comes into life! Much has been written about his agent pushing for more money on shortish contracts.

As others have said he does have attributes but is really raw and if hes unwilling to commit after the opportunities hes been afforded then sadly its goodbye.
Armstrong extended on 17:07 - Jun 12 with 2097 viewsWesty75

Armstrong extended on 13:26 - Jun 12 by Northernr

Yeh, the agent has... high expectations.

Interest from Man City…
Armstrong extended on 17:49 - Jun 12 with 1978 viewsHastings_Hoops

Very big risk from Sinclair tbf… if he’s not good enough and that becomes patently clear this coming season he won’t get another chance elsewhere… potentially turned away a chance for a multi-year contract at QPR on decent wages… oops.

He’s clearly confident in his ability, or his agent is gambling with his career and earning potential.
[Post edited 12 Jun 17:51]
Armstrong extended on 17:49 - Jun 12 with 1972 viewsnumptydumpty

Am like others not itk.

But both Willock and Armstrong if they were to leave our club either now or at the end of the season, the best either could achieve is a sideways move. It would be to a club expected to be lower mid or relegation threatened outfit from the championship.

And apart from Sheffield Wednesday, the best bet for their career for the next season would be here, if Cifuentes is here for the full season

Possibility that that could improve their options.

But think Willock is on his way and there are not better options around currently for Armstrong either.

Think both seem to have hit plateaus that aren't fantastic and probably realistically for the positions they play a lower league club is more suited than a so called more upwardly mobile club than ourselves

There is never much noise with Chair going anywhere and he is streaks ahead of Armstrong and Willock...

Although perhaps the lack of interest or noise around Ilias is down to unknown legal outcomes that he could be facing.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Armstrong extended on 18:05 - Jun 12 with 1923 viewssimmo

Either we negotiate a 3 year deal and send him on loan as part of his development, or we sell this summer with a chunky sell on clause.

I'd love it if we made option 1 a reality, he's shown signs of being coachable this season and adding technique and understanding of the game to his raw attributes will make him a unique problem for this league. He's also about the only player with genuine pace in our whole squad. But he's not worth keeping just this season to lose for a tribunal fee.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Armstrong extended on 18:52 - Jun 12 with 1799 viewsdavman

If he won't sign a long term deal, sell for whatever we can get. Not sure that he is going to be much more than a bit part player here for the coming season.

Yes, he could come good, but if he doesn't want to be here then seeya!!!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Armstrong extended on 20:05 - Jun 12 with 1581 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Armstrong extended on 15:40 - Jun 12 by Gloucs_R

How much?

£750k plus add ons??

Anything more than zero is good for us. Let's not forget, he was bought for a minimal fee, so any profit is a win.

As a club we need to think like this. And Armstrong really isn't that good.
Armstrong extended on 20:22 - Jun 12 with 1542 viewsHAYESBOY

Armstrong extended you say.......

Smells like a trout farm in here

Armstrong extended on 20:42 - Jun 12 with 1477 viewsPlanetHonneywood

In my humble, I'd cash in as soon as possible.

Don't doubt his effort and commitment, etc., but I think Kolli is night and day better, and I'd focus on him. Armstrong reminds me of a bruising Forrest Gump.

That said, I suppose Dykes is out for a while and Frey didn't really do it, so we're again in need of bodies up front, much less finding just one fcuker who can score!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Armstrong extended on 22:18 - Jun 12 with 1309 viewswombat

Armstrong extended on 20:42 - Jun 12 by PlanetHonneywood

In my humble, I'd cash in as soon as possible.

Don't doubt his effort and commitment, etc., but I think Kolli is night and day better, and I'd focus on him. Armstrong reminds me of a bruising Forrest Gump.

That said, I suppose Dykes is out for a while and Frey didn't really do it, so we're again in need of bodies up front, much less finding just one fcuker who can score!

Think Sinclair issue is his agent , he’s told him he’s way better than he actually is , Sinclair attitude also changed second half of the season after the Leicester goal seemed very much up himself , shame as think give a. Season under marti he would be a balf decent player esp played in his preferred coming off the left wing position

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024