Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ilias Chair 12:55 - Jan 19 with 30403 viewsaston_hoop

What the hell is this all about? stick it on google translate

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20240119_93571823

Antwerp prosecutor demands two years in prison for star footballer Ilias Chair after fight: “Small man's skull with a large stone”
Ilias Chair, midfielder for the English club Queens Park Rangers, risks two years in prison
Ilias Chair, midfielder of the English club Queens Park Rangers, risks two years in prison — © Offside via Getty Images

ANTWERP -The Antwerp prosecutor has demanded a two-year prison sentence against football international Ilias Chair (26), midfielder for the English club Queens Park Rangers, for involvement in a serious fight in the summer of 2020. “He smashed his victim in the skull with a large stone. ”
Joris van der Aa
Today at 10:54
The facts took place in the summer of 2020, after a kayaking trip that started in the Ardennes and ended in Bazeilles, France. After a long journey, a family from East Flanders arrived at the end of the journey. There were buses ready to take the tired and hungry tourists back to the starting point of the tour.

“While waiting to board the bus, the victims were suddenly passed by a lady in a green bikini and her family. They passed the group and, as it were, demanded to be the first to get on the bus because they had just missed another bus," the prosecutor said. “This led to a discussion with other people who were waiting, including the later victims, Niels T., his sister Eline T. and Dries D. The woman in the green bikini behaved very aggressively and things quickly escalated. the hand. The woman lashed out at the victims and their children. There was hitting, scratching and biting.”

Massive brawl
The organization of the kayak trips failed to calm the mood. A massive brawl broke out, which suddenly escalated when a man grabbed a large stone. That man was later identified by the French police as Ilias Chair (26) from Edegem, midfielder of the English football club Queens Park Rangers and one of the stars of the Moroccan national football team.

“According to several people involved, Ilias Chair lashed out with the stone at Niels T., who immediately lost consciousness,” said the public prosecutor. “The consequences for Niels T. were dramatic. He suffered a serious skull fracture of two centimeters. He was admitted to Reims hospital in critical condition. He would then have to recover in a Belgian hospital for a long time. He was unable to work as a truck driver for a long time and to this day he still experiences the consequences of that blow, which almost killed him.”
[Post edited 19 Jan 12:57]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ilias Chair on 16:11 - Jan 21 with 4767 viewsslmrstid

Ilias Chair on 12:04 - Jan 21 by R_from_afar

An hilarious riposte by one Dave Traill to this post by a - sigh - spoof account:

[Post edited 21 Jan 12:06]

WTF is wrong with people to pretend to be important people on Twitter? Absolutely Grade A mental.
Ilias Chair on 16:19 - Jan 21 with 4682 viewsGloucs_R

Ilias Chair on 16:11 - Jan 21 by slmrstid

WTF is wrong with people to pretend to be important people on Twitter? Absolutely Grade A mental.

I blocked him a while ago. Another attention-seeking Bell end.

Blocked a load of d******** last night as well.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ilias Chair on 09:43 - Jul 17 with 3656 viewsswisscottage

As expected community service.

'sternly' worded statement from the club re behaviour.

https://talksport.com/football/1970450/qpr-ilias-chair-jail-term-community-servi

Lets see if we start getting transfer rumours now
Ilias Chair on 09:56 - Jul 17 with 3481 viewsGloucs_R

Thats 19 full days of community service. I wonder when he will complete them and how he's going to work that around his schedule??

Ilias Chair on 10:06 - Jul 17 with 3381 viewsLandshark

Ilias Chair on 09:56 - Jul 17 by Gloucs_R

Thats 19 full days of community service. I wonder when he will complete them and how he's going to work that around his schedule??

Footballers only train like 3 or 4 times a week don't they? Being so close to Heathrow, I am sure he can fly into Brussels quite easily, do a day there and fly back. Then during international break he can maybe do 2 or 3 days in a row?
Ilias Chair on 10:13 - Jul 17 with 3299 viewsbosh67

150 hours is roughy 2 seasons of playing games for us which is community service in most of our eyes.
[Post edited 17 Jul 10:14]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ilias Chair on 10:20 - Jul 17 with 3205 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ilias Chair on 10:06 - Jul 17 by Landshark

Footballers only train like 3 or 4 times a week don't they? Being so close to Heathrow, I am sure he can fly into Brussels quite easily, do a day there and fly back. Then during international break he can maybe do 2 or 3 days in a row?

maybe he already done it over the summer?

Bare bones.

Ilias Chair on 10:39 - Jul 17 with 2994 viewsthehat

Sounds to me like Chair has got a shit hot lawyer who despite Chair being guilty has pulled of the best deal he can get for him.

I wonder if there has been some compensation paid in the background for the victim?

Anyway I would presume the community service could take place next summer in the close season or during International breaks.

The club statement is short and sweet and probably paying a bit of lip service to the EFL and FA.

Hopefully this is now the end of the matter and we can all move on......
Login to get fewer ads

Ilias Chair on 10:51 - Jul 17 with 2894 viewsDannyPaddox

At the QPR disciplinary meeting:

Ilias. Stop playing with your phone. Now repeat after me. I mustn’t throw rocks at truck drivers
Ilias Chair on 11:45 - Jul 17 with 2537 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ilias Chair on 10:39 - Jul 17 by thehat

Sounds to me like Chair has got a shit hot lawyer who despite Chair being guilty has pulled of the best deal he can get for him.

I wonder if there has been some compensation paid in the background for the victim?

Anyway I would presume the community service could take place next summer in the close season or during International breaks.

The club statement is short and sweet and probably paying a bit of lip service to the EFL and FA.

Hopefully this is now the end of the matter and we can all move on......

Or, you know, maybe we don't know the whole story and the other bloke was dangerous and it was self-defence, or in defence of others.
Generally, though, yes, lawyers tend to 'pull of the best deal' - that's their job.

Bare bones.

Ilias Chair on 14:52 - Jul 17 with 2180 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ilias Chair on 11:45 - Jul 17 by Antti_Heinola

Or, you know, maybe we don't know the whole story and the other bloke was dangerous and it was self-defence, or in defence of others.
Generally, though, yes, lawyers tend to 'pull of the best deal' - that's their job.

We know the story now. So do the Belgian courts, who conducted a judicial process and reached a guilty verdict of assault. As do the club, who were in close contact with lawyers throughout, and have started an internal disciplinary process. Naturally, I'm relieved that Ilias has closure and he's now free to play but let's not try to sugar coat it with mythical tales of heroic self-defence. He needs to learn from this and do better in future.
[Post edited 17 Jul 14:53]
Ilias Chair on 15:04 - Jul 17 with 2090 viewsnumptydumpty

If he was at any other club would we be criticising such a player being allowed to play and with the case and it's results being conveniently ignored by the club and the fans alike.

We all lose our moral conscience because he has been our best and most consistent player over several seasons.

Do we want such a person at our football club ??

- am.aware of the likely answers....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ilias Chair on 15:15 - Jul 17 with 2007 viewsqprninja

Ilias Chair on 15:04 - Jul 17 by numptydumpty

If he was at any other club would we be criticising such a player being allowed to play and with the case and it's results being conveniently ignored by the club and the fans alike.

We all lose our moral conscience because he has been our best and most consistent player over several seasons.

I don't think any of us know the exact details of the case or the context of what it is alleged that he did/didn't do. He's been punished and the club have deemed that sufficient. Personally I'm happy with that and certainly want him to remain at the club, we certainly need him.....
Ilias Chair on 15:15 - Jul 17 with 2005 viewsstan4england

Or we allow the law to take its course, he serves the punishment given to him and everyone moves on. Same with Ben Stokes and thousands of others.
Ilias Chair on 15:36 - Jul 17 with 1891 viewsrobith

Ilias Chair on 14:52 - Jul 17 by Benny_the_Ball

We know the story now. So do the Belgian courts, who conducted a judicial process and reached a guilty verdict of assault. As do the club, who were in close contact with lawyers throughout, and have started an internal disciplinary process. Naturally, I'm relieved that Ilias has closure and he's now free to play but let's not try to sugar coat it with mythical tales of heroic self-defence. He needs to learn from this and do better in future.
[Post edited 17 Jul 14:53]

People didn't like it very much when I said similar before - people seem desperate to contort themselves to defend it when it's very plain what he did
Ilias Chair on 15:45 - Jul 17 with 1842 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ilias Chair on 15:36 - Jul 17 by robith

People didn't like it very much when I said similar before - people seem desperate to contort themselves to defend it when it's very plain what he did

Is it very plain?
In what way?
Were you there?

There's no contortions here. I, you, we, simply do not know what happened except, yes, he committed an assault. Beyond that, we know almost nothing. There is a huge difference between an unprovoked attack at one end of the scale and in desperation at self defence or in defence of another at the other end of the scale.

Bare bones.

Ilias Chair on 15:54 - Jul 17 with 1783 viewsChrisNW6

Ilias Chair on 15:36 - Jul 17 by robith

None of us really know what happened and what the chain of events were. You have to trust the process and the final outcome. Small fine and community service.

If you believed what the papers reported, he would be in far more trouble with the judicial process. We know nothing about the victim and why it took 4yrs to be resolved.

Hopefully Ilias can move forward without the social media kangaroo court.
Ilias Chair on 17:05 - Jul 17 with 1522 viewsrobith

Ilias Chair on 15:45 - Jul 17 by Antti_Heinola

Is it very plain?
In what way?
Were you there?

There's no contortions here. I, you, we, simply do not know what happened except, yes, he committed an assault. Beyond that, we know almost nothing. There is a huge difference between an unprovoked attack at one end of the scale and in desperation at self defence or in defence of another at the other end of the scale.

Except self defence is a mitigating factor, and not one he has proffered at any point.

If he didn't play for QPR we'd have zero sympathy for him, but apparently I have to have been an eye witness to have an opinion.

Personally it makes me think a lot less of him, and the club for picking him and find it a bit gross how desperate every one seems to be to defend him cos he's good at football
Ilias Chair on 17:12 - Jul 17 with 1459 viewsDWQPR

Ilias Chair on 17:05 - Jul 17 by robith

Except self defence is a mitigating factor, and not one he has proffered at any point.

If he didn't play for QPR we'd have zero sympathy for him, but apparently I have to have been an eye witness to have an opinion.

Personally it makes me think a lot less of him, and the club for picking him and find it a bit gross how desperate every one seems to be to defend him cos he's good at football

I’m sure that none of us have walked through our journey in life without making a mistake or too that has hurt other people either emotionally, physically or mentally. Our favourite ever footballer was no angel, was unfaithful to the mother of his children which I am sure hurt her. Because that wasn’t a criminal act it still had an effect on other people. Chair has made a big mistake and no doubt it wasn’t part of his normal character. I’d rather have him playing for QPR than a serial adultery like John Terry or an Ian Wright who did time in his earlier life or a Troy Deeney who has also been a guest of Her Majesty in his life.

It’s now more about how he conducts himself in the future, as you cannot change the past.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Ilias Chair on 17:45 - Jul 17 with 1285 viewsPunteR

If getting into trouble was a regular occurrence, then i would agree with you. An isolated incident, as bad as it was, is surely forgivable ?
He's got his punishment and that's that as far as I'm concerned.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ilias Chair on 17:50 - Jul 17 with 1249 viewsbaz_qpr

Talk Sport article says that was his defence and he was defending his family. The issue was it not that he did not offer a defence originally. The charge has been reduced to a misdemeanour. Obviously done wrong as has conviction but not quite the attempted murder as being made out judging by the punishment
Ilias Chair on 18:03 - Jul 17 with 1168 viewsGloucs_R

Chair has always been solid...
. Solid as a rock....

Ilias Chair on 18:08 - Jul 17 with 1119 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

We'll all be giving him a standing ovation when he returns in 10 years to become a Forever R.
Ilias Chair on 18:15 - Jul 17 with 1081 viewsQPR_Jim

I think fans and the club are giving him the benefit of the doubt because it seems out of character for him. He was on holiday with his family in France, so not the usual footballer incidents where they're drunk and misbehaving out on the town. I think that has a bearing, not just that he's a good player.
Ilias Chair on 18:31 - Jul 17 with 985 viewsAntti_Heinola

Well firstly it seems he has proffered that, and secondly I’m not defending him. It’s a bit boring really that this board has so little room for nuance. Quite clearly I am saying we do not know context, we were not there. If a larger man had his fist pulled back and was about to hit a member of my family, as someone who abhors violence and has never been in a fight, i might just in desperation, grab the nearest object and try to save my family. I am not saying this is what happened, i am not defending chair because like you I DON’T KNOW what happened. But the very fact it was reduced to a misdemeanour suggests there’s a bit more to the story. You condemn others for contortions but you base your own judgements on almost no facts.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024