Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New manager 02:00 - Oct 9 with 9026 viewsstainrods_elbow

OK - I'll say it. Holloway? Would you?

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

New manager on 18:24 - Oct 9 with 1928 viewscyprusmel

We, are all talking about who we would like as a new manager but how do we know the board will terminate GA's contract.
New manager on 18:39 - Oct 9 with 1844 viewspaulhoop2

More than likely they can not afford to sack him unless absolutely certain that they can afford it and a replacement.

There really is no one out there who is available that could work on our shoestring budget. Warnock is I think the only one that may be able to cope but would he want to tarnish His legacy?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

New manager on 19:07 - Oct 9 with 1758 viewsderbyhoop

For all those calling for a change, and, after Saturday, I have sympathy with those calls, how do you think a new manager would make much of a difference?

The transfer window doesn't open for 13 weeks. Not that it will make any difference to us. We couldn't afford 300K for a L1 centre back so what magic bullets do you expect a new manager to come up with?

Any applicant will want to know what they have to spend in January; How interested will they be when we tell them ZERO?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New manager on 19:15 - Oct 9 with 1733 viewsRangersw12

New manager on 18:06 - Oct 9 by Northernr

I'm not sure.

I think the lack of money to spend in January will really inhibit the level of candidate we'd been able to attract. People are debating whether they could stomach Nathan Jones for instance, I very much doubt he'd take it. I think the talk of Warburton/Eustace misses this point, and also how fractured the relationships had become by the time they left.

ATM the way things are it's difficult to see past pushing the Warnock button, particularly given who's going to be making the decision. There is very limited football expertise at board level now - when Hoos arrived he made a big deal of saying he was a numbers and figures man and left the football decisions to the football people, now he's basically running the football club for the owners. Would yoy back them to make a Kieren McKenna style appointment?

As I said at the time trying to recover the damage done by letting Beale do what he liked last summer by letting Ainsworth do what he liked this summer was always a fcking daft idea. We're basically Gareth Ainsworth FC.

I'm swaying to pushing the Warnock button till the summer and hope they appoint a DOF before the season ends so we can plan for next season with the DOF making all the football decisions with no more itches that need scratching from the owners
New manager on 19:43 - Oct 9 with 1608 viewsTonto

So Staintod's elbow put himself across as the intellectual of this board who is able to see things that others can't. And his suggestion for a new manger is Holloway.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New manager on 19:44 - Oct 9 with 1604 viewsNorthernr

To answer your actual question I would want Luke Williams from Notts County. I don’t have the intimate knowledge of academy football and the coaches working there but if it’s Ipswich and McKenna you’re looking to emulate I think Williams is as close to it in the EFL. He’d embed a coherent, attractive, attacking style of play.

But it’s not a realistic idea.
- He’s at a club on the up, spending money. They’ll go through Lg2 this year and maybe Lg1 next. They’re already a much better team than us. Why would he come here? No money to spend.
- It would once again be a complete about face in style. Good, you and I may think, I can’t watch this rubbish any more, but switching styles that dramatically mid season, and having once again allowed summer recruitment to be driven by the manager, is that going to work?
- He’s a builder, philosophy and ethos guy, project over time. Could he come and do a quick fix rescue job here? Never managed at the level before? Would we chew him up and spit him out Critchley style before he’d even begun?
- He’s working for a well run, well resourced club. We’re neither. It’s a totally different gig.
- Do we think our board have even heard of the guy?
But yeh you asked me who I’d like and I’d be excited by that one. Like I say I can’t really see past it being Warnock or the equivalent.
New manager on 20:12 - Oct 9 with 1500 viewsbaz_qpr

Always thought what they might do, is hedge their bets with GA. GA made it clear he wanted to be in charge of everything so they've stretched out the DOF process, and if it was looking ropey they would push it through and then the DOF will do the deed and bring in their choice.

I think its come quicker and worse than anyone expected. Any other manager at any other time would have gone before the weekend was out. I suspect they may still take this course and that DOF role will get filled in this break, Leicester will come and go before any action gets taken, and they will appoint on the basis of a return to plan A and probably accepting a likely relegation
New manager on 21:55 - Oct 9 with 1370 viewsstainrods_elbow

New manager on 19:43 - Oct 9 by Tonto

So Staintod's elbow put himself across as the intellectual of this board who is able to see things that others can't. And his suggestion for a new manger is Holloway.

Good god - can you actually read?

I facetiously asked if anyone would consider him - I respectfully suggest you go away and grow a brain!

with knobs on!
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 14:57]

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Login to get fewer ads

New manager on 22:04 - Oct 9 with 1339 viewscolinallcars

I had a bloke come round to Chateau Despair today to look at some repairs.
On seeing my QPR pub mirror on the wall ( any offers ? ), he said “ QPR eh ? what's gone wrong there then ? “
And d'you know, I just couldn't put it into words.
New manager on 22:21 - Oct 9 with 1312 viewsitsbiga

I've got a wild card idea that might just work.
You know how some things in life just don't seem right together but they work out great?
Duck and orange for example sounds bad but Duck A la O'range is a classic.

So get these boys to be a team of managers, it might be magic in the same way!

Paul Hart
Ray Harford
Alan Mullery
Mark Hughes
Ray Wilkins

Could prob add a few but you get the point....
Couldn't get any worse right now. And it'd be a laugh.
I know the Rays are deceased but doesn't matter, some of the players don't have a pulse lately.

[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 22:33]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

New manager on 09:59 - Oct 10 with 1066 viewsterryb

New manager on 19:07 - Oct 9 by derbyhoop

For all those calling for a change, and, after Saturday, I have sympathy with those calls, how do you think a new manager would make much of a difference?

The transfer window doesn't open for 13 weeks. Not that it will make any difference to us. We couldn't afford 300K for a L1 centre back so what magic bullets do you expect a new manager to come up with?

Any applicant will want to know what they have to spend in January; How interested will they be when we tell them ZERO?

I would think that a new manager would set us up differently & that could make a big difference in itself. Many of us lament that we have so few players in the penalty area on the rare times we reach it. Why is that?

Possibly because we hit all balls for Dykes to try to head or into the channel for Armstrong to try & bully the defenders. We've hit the jackpot & Armstrong has reached the byline & nobody is near him. Our fastest player started a minimum of 20 yards further forward than anyone else, so there is no chance that they can reach the penalty area in support, but they started from the positions that GA wants.

We are set up as a team to not score goals!
New manager on 10:10 - Oct 10 with 1031 viewsAntti_Heinola

New manager on 19:44 - Oct 9 by Northernr

To answer your actual question I would want Luke Williams from Notts County. I don’t have the intimate knowledge of academy football and the coaches working there but if it’s Ipswich and McKenna you’re looking to emulate I think Williams is as close to it in the EFL. He’d embed a coherent, attractive, attacking style of play.

But it’s not a realistic idea.
- He’s at a club on the up, spending money. They’ll go through Lg2 this year and maybe Lg1 next. They’re already a much better team than us. Why would he come here? No money to spend.
- It would once again be a complete about face in style. Good, you and I may think, I can’t watch this rubbish any more, but switching styles that dramatically mid season, and having once again allowed summer recruitment to be driven by the manager, is that going to work?
- He’s a builder, philosophy and ethos guy, project over time. Could he come and do a quick fix rescue job here? Never managed at the level before? Would we chew him up and spit him out Critchley style before he’d even begun?
- He’s working for a well run, well resourced club. We’re neither. It’s a totally different gig.
- Do we think our board have even heard of the guy?
But yeh you asked me who I’d like and I’d be excited by that one. Like I say I can’t really see past it being Warnock or the equivalent.

I'd not be too worried about the change in style. The players don't suit GA's style, so a style-change is what's needed here.

Bare bones.

New manager on 10:39 - Oct 10 with 929 viewsdaveB

New manager on 10:10 - Oct 10 by Antti_Heinola

I'd not be too worried about the change in style. The players don't suit GA's style, so a style-change is what's needed here.

Yeah we didn't sign a load of cloggers in the summer, they can all play a different style and more suited to it.
New manager on 10:42 - Oct 10 with 881 viewsBklynRanger

One of the two moments of quality on Saturday was when Colback went completely off script and did a couple of nice give and goes through the middle.

He quickly got a hold of himself after that and reverted to launching it
New manager on 10:42 - Oct 10 with 881 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agreed, Dave and Antti - and they have played different varieties of football, including some possession-based stuff, albeit it was in small spells and some time ago now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024