Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New manager 02:00 - Oct 9 with 9025 viewsstainrods_elbow

OK - I'll say it. Holloway? Would you?

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

New manager on 12:36 - Oct 9 with 2209 viewsthemodfather

i have not read every post but caretaker man to stop the rot, tighten it up and steady the ship, not in safe waters, TONY PULIS .
john eustace is now sacked at brum so available . would seem a strong candidate .
right now i would give jude the cat a go !
New manager on 13:06 - Oct 9 with 2121 viewsrbee

New manager on 10:29 - Oct 9 by Northernr

He was borderline last time he was here, he's completely crackers now.

Lol I was just thinking of a more tactful way of saying the same thing.

I would rather stick with Gareth.
New manager on 13:08 - Oct 9 with 2108 viewsloftus77

Great memories. Great legend. Great bloke.

No.
New manager on 13:16 - Oct 9 with 2055 viewsCamberleyR

New manager on 12:36 - Oct 9 by themodfather

i have not read every post but caretaker man to stop the rot, tighten it up and steady the ship, not in safe waters, TONY PULIS .
john eustace is now sacked at brum so available . would seem a strong candidate .
right now i would give jude the cat a go !

Tony Pulis??

The same Tony Pulis who's not managed a club in almost three years and who's last appointment at Sheff Weds lasted just over six weeks?

Sorry mate, that's a barking suggestion. I'd sooner get Olly back.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

New manager on 13:18 - Oct 9 with 2036 viewsNorthernr

would be very QPR to get rid of Ainsworth because we don't like the style of football and replace him with Tony Pulis.
New manager on 13:18 - Oct 9 with 2024 viewsBluce_Ree

I really liked Ollie as a person and maybe his 'this is our cave' style might help a bit but I think we need someone more tactical now. Ainsworth can't get these boys going, so maybe they'll respect a more technical approach.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

New manager on 13:27 - Oct 9 with 1947 viewsChrisNW6

At least we won't have numerous posts on Tim Sherwood now.
New manager on 13:28 - Oct 9 with 1946 viewsrbee

Pulis isn't the worst shout. He did well at Middlesbrough before the Wednesday debacle but hopefully we shall have better options.

The real time for Pulis was nine years ago when Redknapp's knees started to buckle but Fernandes hung on to him for several more months and Pulis went to West Brom.
Login to get fewer ads

New manager on 13:28 - Oct 9 with 1944 viewsNorthernr

New manager on 11:46 - Oct 9 by kensalriser

It's intriguing, this imaginary ecosystem in which QPR exists only in relation to people who have formerly served it.

It's a classic LFW message board trope, and I love it. Gerry will get a mention in a minute. Possibly as part of another of this message board's favourite tropes - a young/inexperienced person WITH A MENTOR. Like suggesting "pay as you play" deals for random footballers with broken legs, one thing this place can always be relied upon is the idea that perhaps Stephen Duke-McKenna could be manager with the ghost of Don Howe as a mentor or director of football. I think it's happened once to my recollection - Sunderland poached Steve Cotterill from Stoke but only as assistant to Howard Wilkinson - but it gets a shout on here every time. Pick a young person and an old person Bonus points for QPR connections. Marc Bircham with Dot Cotton?
New manager on 13:33 - Oct 9 with 1918 viewsSimonJames

Nooooooooooooooooo!

100% of people who drink water will die.

New manager on 15:42 - Oct 9 with 1727 viewsMelakaRanger

New manager on 13:28 - Oct 9 by Northernr

It's a classic LFW message board trope, and I love it. Gerry will get a mention in a minute. Possibly as part of another of this message board's favourite tropes - a young/inexperienced person WITH A MENTOR. Like suggesting "pay as you play" deals for random footballers with broken legs, one thing this place can always be relied upon is the idea that perhaps Stephen Duke-McKenna could be manager with the ghost of Don Howe as a mentor or director of football. I think it's happened once to my recollection - Sunderland poached Steve Cotterill from Stoke but only as assistant to Howard Wilkinson - but it gets a shout on here every time. Pick a young person and an old person Bonus points for QPR connections. Marc Bircham with Dot Cotton?

On that basis resurrect Alec Stock?

Seriously, this board has shown itself to be incapable of choosing the right manager for the job. Indeed that are totally incompetent at running a football club. They mean well but their incompetence is slowly killing this club. Since they sacked Warnock every manager has been a “mistake “.

Yes Ainsworth must go but I have zero confidence that the board will then appoint a manager competent in the skills our team needs.

Until ownership of the club and the board changes, plus a wholesale clear out of managers and coaches at QPR, the club is on the slippery slope to League 2 for 2025/26 And even there, I would fear for a drop further down, almost straight away.

I know it’s “ be careful what you wish for” but New owners seems to me the be the only way out of this rapidly deteriorating situation.
New manager on 15:54 - Oct 9 with 1667 viewsflynnbo

The ghost of Alec Stock could be assisted by Glenn Aitken and that of Dennis Waterman? Better the devil you know.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 15:58]
New manager on 15:58 - Oct 9 with 1634 viewsQPRConor2000

In a way, I think now is the best time to part ways with Ainsworth.

There are some good options out there atm.
New manager on 16:05 - Oct 9 with 1586 viewsRangersw12

New manager on 13:28 - Oct 9 by Northernr

Out of interest who would you go for ?
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 16:05]
New manager on 16:06 - Oct 9 with 1571 viewsPastCaringNW2

New manager on 15:42 - Oct 9 by MelakaRanger

Seriously, this board has shown itself to be incapable of choosing the right manager for the job. Indeed that are totally incompetent at running a football club. They mean well but their incompetence is slowly killing this club. Since they sacked Warnock every manager has been a “mistake “.

Yes Ainsworth must go but I have zero confidence that the board will then appoint a manager competent in the skills our team needs.

Until ownership of the club and the board changes, plus a wholesale clear out of managers and coaches at QPR, the club is on the slippery slope to League 2 for 2025/26 And even there, I would fear for a drop further down, almost straight away.

I know it’s “ be careful what you wish for” but New owners seems to me the be the only way out of this rapidly deteriorating situation.

Not with the help of my money. I am not far from my 30th anniversary as a ST holder but that would be the end for me. I only renewed this year because my daughter loves going so much.

The last year has been like reliving the first month under McClaren over and over again. Madness to tolerate it. Renewing just encourages them. Surest way of changing anything is to withdraw our custom. Chanting against absentee owners and expecting change is the definition of futility. Time to go on strike or a Notts Co type descent beckons.
New manager on 16:11 - Oct 9 with 1534 viewsslmrstid

I love Olly and still do but he's QPR past now and he shouldn't get resurrected again.
New manager on 16:13 - Oct 9 with 1519 viewsFDC

Holloway?

Sinton?!

Come on, we've all had a fistful of diazepam
New manager on 16:15 - Oct 9 with 1499 viewsHooping_Mad

New manager on 15:42 - Oct 9 by MelakaRanger

I laughed out loud as I read that as LFW have been terrible at choosing managers and it still reads correct.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

New manager on 16:46 - Oct 9 with 1406 viewsStanisgod

New manager on 16:15 - Oct 9 by Hooping_Mad

I laughed out loud as I read that as LFW have been terrible at choosing managers and it still reads correct.

Having witnessed him performing at the reunion last week, no.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

New manager on 17:20 - Oct 9 with 1292 viewsR_from_afar

My concern about any new manager is that our players are apt to down tools on a whim and stop doing the basics, so that makes it tricky to bring in someone up and coming who lacks profile and reputation.

Sadly, I think at this time, we need someone with so much experience and visibility that he will command respect and have a big enough profile for people to think that, if things go wrong, the problems are down to the players, not him.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

New manager on 17:22 - Oct 9 with 1266 viewsTheChef

We might as well do another fans interview of Stephen Constantine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Constantine

20 years later, I think he's ready.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New manager on 17:49 - Oct 9 with 1185 viewsNW10Hoop

I hear Sir Les is without a club too. Maybe get him in on a pay as you play?

New manager on 18:06 - Oct 9 with 1125 viewsNorthernr

New manager on 16:05 - Oct 9 by Rangersw12

Out of interest who would you go for ?
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 16:05]

I'm not sure.

I think the lack of money to spend in January will really inhibit the level of candidate we'd been able to attract. People are debating whether they could stomach Nathan Jones for instance, I very much doubt he'd take it. I think the talk of Warburton/Eustace misses this point, and also how fractured the relationships had become by the time they left.

ATM the way things are it's difficult to see past pushing the Warnock button, particularly given who's going to be making the decision. There is very limited football expertise at board level now - when Hoos arrived he made a big deal of saying he was a numbers and figures man and left the football decisions to the football people, now he's basically running the football club for the owners. Would yoy back them to make a Kieren McKenna style appointment?

As I said at the time trying to recover the damage done by letting Beale do what he liked last summer by letting Ainsworth do what he liked this summer was always a fcking daft idea. We're basically Gareth Ainsworth FC.
New manager on 18:15 - Oct 9 with 1088 viewsPastCaringNW2

New manager on 18:06 - Oct 9 by Northernr

I'm not sure.

I think the lack of money to spend in January will really inhibit the level of candidate we'd been able to attract. People are debating whether they could stomach Nathan Jones for instance, I very much doubt he'd take it. I think the talk of Warburton/Eustace misses this point, and also how fractured the relationships had become by the time they left.

ATM the way things are it's difficult to see past pushing the Warnock button, particularly given who's going to be making the decision. There is very limited football expertise at board level now - when Hoos arrived he made a big deal of saying he was a numbers and figures man and left the football decisions to the football people, now he's basically running the football club for the owners. Would yoy back them to make a Kieren McKenna style appointment?

As I said at the time trying to recover the damage done by letting Beale do what he liked last summer by letting Ainsworth do what he liked this summer was always a fcking daft idea. We're basically Gareth Ainsworth FC.

If Chair, Willock, Dykes, Field are the solution isn't Warburton (preferably) or Eustace the logical solution?
New manager on 18:17 - Oct 9 with 1080 viewsNorthernr

New manager on 18:15 - Oct 9 by PastCaringNW2

If Chair, Willock, Dykes, Field are the solution isn't Warburton (preferably) or Eustace the logical solution?

Maybe, we'll see. Like I say I don't think people appreciate how much those relationships had fractured by the time we binned them off last time. Why do you think Eustace wasn't even considered last time around?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024