Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. 22:00 - Dec 10 with 23377 viewsqpr_1968

have'nt got a clue how this one will pan out....

i know we've got no chair...
but i'm gonna sit on a 1-0 win to the r's.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 16:47 - Dec 11 with 2286 viewsPinnerPaul

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 16:30 - Dec 11 by WD99

Just listened to Hall’s post match on the QPR Twitter. I get that Willock didn’t look very good in that first half, but we cannot be having our interim manager alienating our best player in the one game he gets to manage. Maybe Warbs was right about the rest of the coaching/mgmt staff…

He didn't 'alienate' him, said he wanted to try something different tactically.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 16:54 - Dec 11 with 2234 viewsgobbles

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 13:04 - Dec 11 by BrianMcCarthy

I have no idea of the rule, there. Being completely honest.

The ball was still in play so it was a foul and a penalty. That he may not have been able to get to the ball is irrelevant
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 16:58 - Dec 11 with 2192 viewsdaveB

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 16:44 - Dec 11 by DejR_vu

Unbelievable, could have taken off any of half a dozen and chooses to take off the one player who has a moment of magic in him. Jesus H Christ, how the f@ck do these people get and keep jobs?

This club is an absolute circus.

we were a lot better after he went off though
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 16:59 - Dec 11 with 2180 viewsPinnerPaul

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 16:58 - Dec 11 by daveB

Sssshhhh with those pesky facts
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:06 - Dec 11 with 2106 viewsLazyFan

We learned some useful points from this game.

We are not as good as we thought we were, but we are not relegation fodder either, despite the bad form. Mid-table team.

Thomas is never gonna be good enough, we knew this already, but now there can be no argument. Interesting Bonne was not played so, that says a lot too.

Armstrong should not be loaned out and there is a case for Uncle to start sometimes. JoJo needs to get fit as we need him, he would have stopped the shot for the 2nd goal. JCS and Dunne do not make a good pair it seems.

Shodipo is playing for a new contract, useful as a sub but not so good as a starter.

Dykes needs service and Willock still does not look fit, but we saw we could play without Willock and Chair. Which is helpful if both are not available for whatever reason.

Usually, a new manager gets 1-2 players in so, we shall see what they can bring.

We are not top 6, we are a mid-table team so, if we understand this then we can manage our expectations.

zzzzzzzzzz

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:11 - Dec 11 with 2034 viewsDamo1962

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 16:44 - Dec 11 by DejR_vu

Unbelievable, could have taken off any of half a dozen and chooses to take off the one player who has a moment of magic in him. Jesus H Christ, how the f@ck do these people get and keep jobs?

This club is an absolute circus.

I've been asking the same question for a long time myself. Maybe Stainrods Elbow has got a point about those running out club. Something isn't right, and it can't simply be FFP. I hope we don't think we are too good to go down.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:14 - Dec 11 with 2041 viewsDejR_vu

Shall we just give up on him then? Come on Dave, are you saying that CW was the reason we were poor in the first half and his absence the reason we got better in the second?

I suspect he's the only player Burnley would have been concerned about and we took him off.

Even if he was cr@p for 89 of the 90 minutes he is still capable of pulling something out in the one. Like I say, there were plenty of other candidates to be pulled at half time. Why hook him?

I guess we only lost the second half 0-1. Genius 🤣

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:16 - Dec 11 with 2028 viewscolinallcars

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:06 - Dec 11 by LazyFan

We are not as good as we thought we were, but we are not relegation fodder either, despite the bad form. Mid-table team.

Thomas is never gonna be good enough, we knew this already, but now there can be no argument. Interesting Bonne was not played so, that says a lot too.

Armstrong should not be loaned out and there is a case for Uncle to start sometimes. JoJo needs to get fit as we need him, he would have stopped the shot for the 2nd goal. JCS and Dunne do not make a good pair it seems.

Shodipo is playing for a new contract, useful as a sub but not so good as a starter.

Dykes needs service and Willock still does not look fit, but we saw we could play without Willock and Chair. Which is helpful if both are not available for whatever reason.

Usually, a new manager gets 1-2 players in so, we shall see what they can bring.

We are not top 6, we are a mid-table team so, if we understand this then we can manage our expectations.

I'm inclined to agree. It's natural for us to have our heads in our hands after that but we are not a bad team by any measure.
I would like to see Dickie given another chance at the back.
Someone like Dom Ball would be a Godsend to put some mettle back in this team.
Login to get fewer ads

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:17 - Dec 11 with 2027 viewsgobbles

The main problem with the game was that we were completely overrun in midfield. Service to Thomas and Dykes was terrible and the constant slow build-up when we knew that Burnley were pressing high just showed how clueless we were. There were times when we had the ball and it was virtually guaranteed we wouldn't even get out of our half.
This changed in the second half because Uncs and Shodipo gave us some width and character.
But, without JoJo, out midfield is just hopeless. Field puts himself about but is never going to give you an incisive through ball, Dozzell is ridiculously passive and never passes forward, Tim I can look good running at teams, but will he ever score? We have a midfield with just about zero goal threat.
I don't think you can learn anything about Thomas or Armstrong from that.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:19 - Dec 11 with 2008 viewsDejR_vu

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 16:59 - Dec 11 by PinnerPaul

Sssshhhh with those pesky facts

Deary me

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:22 - Dec 11 with 1987 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 16:45 - Dec 11 by PinnerPaul

What you want a straight answer?!

It was up the far end, I've not seen a replay .....what, you STILL want an answer?

One of those you want for you, but imagine that happening down the loft end to an oppo player and people would go mad if given.

Ah yes, the answer - I'm probably going with convention and saying no.

Thanks Paul. Appreciate you putting your head over the parapet!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:23 - Dec 11 with 1977 viewsNortholt_Rs

1 point from 18 is definitely relegation form though….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:30 - Dec 11 with 1935 viewsbaz_qpr

Willock was a total passenger first half look bereft of confidence, unfit as well. I think its important to set standards, having said that I would hooked Dozzell and Thomas and gone 3 at the back with Dickie and Armstrong coming on
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:31 - Dec 11 with 1914 viewsdaveB

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:14 - Dec 11 by DejR_vu

Shall we just give up on him then? Come on Dave, are you saying that CW was the reason we were poor in the first half and his absence the reason we got better in the second?

I suspect he's the only player Burnley would have been concerned about and we took him off.

Even if he was cr@p for 89 of the 90 minutes he is still capable of pulling something out in the one. Like I say, there were plenty of other candidates to be pulled at half time. Why hook him?

I guess we only lost the second half 0-1. Genius 🤣

Well no not suggesting we give up on him but we were crap first half, Willock was way off the pace so i don't think it's mad to take him off, he shouldn't get special treatment. The one chance he had he made a mess of. They changed it to go with 2 out and out wingers with the 3 in midfield so was hard to see where you play Willock if you do that .

Starting Thomas seemed a far more daft decsion than taking Willock off to me.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:33 - Dec 11 with 1896 viewsbaz_qpr

If we had a game plan can someone let me know what it was?

Burnley were well organised and well drilled and we were.... nothing like that
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:51 - Dec 11 with 1788 viewsslmrstid

That was a long way to go today for...that.

I was expecting a dispiriting soul crushing defeat today though so I suppose in a sense I cant be too disappointed.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:56 - Dec 11 with 1773 viewsLogman

Burnley were very well organised and well drilled. They looked the part all over the pitch and were really impressive.

It was a big ask for Paul Hall to get us ticking all over the pitch but I felt that one or two players were not aggressive enough (e.g. Clarke Salter, Willock, Tim first half).

Sam Field is a good player but Jack Cork eclipsed him today as a CDM.

It wasn't as bad as some people on here will make out but we do need a strong manager who has won in the game and will infuse us with the guts to give everything to the cause.

Wild Thing would easily be my choice over Critchley.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 17:56]
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 18:22 - Dec 11 with 1690 viewsdistortR

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:30 - Dec 11 by baz_qpr

Willock was a total passenger first half look bereft of confidence, unfit as well. I think its important to set standards, having said that I would hooked Dozzell and Thomas and gone 3 at the back with Dickie and Armstrong coming on

With our full backs this season, we are too perverse a club to go to 3 at the back.....
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 18:29 - Dec 11 with 1642 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:51 - Dec 11 by slmrstid

That was a long way to go today for...that.

I was expecting a dispiriting soul crushing defeat today though so I suppose in a sense I cant be too disappointed.

We experience most dispiriting soul crushing experiences alone, in life.

A shared one is worth travelling for.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 18:29]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 18:32 - Dec 11 with 1599 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought that was da da da da...... Sinclair Armstrongs best performance so far.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 18:34 - Dec 11 with 1578 viewsBurnleyhoop

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:30 - Dec 11 by baz_qpr

Dozzell and Thomas should never have been in the starting line up. Despite both having played a decent number of games, their contributions haven’t justified getting a starting place, certainly for this game. Pointless and bizarre in equal measure.

Willock was awful in the first half, but Hall was a brave man to pull him at half time, even though we did put in a bit more effort in the second half.

We have lost our way and need someone to get a grip and steady the ship. The appointment needs to be the right one however, otherwise we could implode completely.
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 18:39 - Dec 11 with 1526 viewsSteveB

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 18:34 - Dec 11 by Burnleyhoop

Dozzell and Thomas should never have been in the starting line up. Despite both having played a decent number of games, their contributions haven’t justified getting a starting place, certainly for this game. Pointless and bizarre in equal measure.

Willock was awful in the first half, but Hall was a brave man to pull him at half time, even though we did put in a bit more effort in the second half.

We have lost our way and need someone to get a grip and steady the ship. The appointment needs to be the right one however, otherwise we could implode completely.

Football was awful, just got home and can now feel my toes. Stood next to Clive in the C&S, with my boy before the game, he was buying a round. was gonna say hello - got too star struck and said nothing. The day went downhill after that...
Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 20:02 - Dec 11 with 1319 viewsR_from_afar

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 17:11 - Dec 11 by Damo1962

I've been asking the same question for a long time myself. Maybe Stainrods Elbow has got a point about those running out club. Something isn't right, and it can't simply be FFP. I hope we don't think we are too good to go down.

Look, I'm hurting too after our very poor showing today, but I don't see how someone in a caretaker role taking off a player who wasn't performing well
A: Deserves to be sacked
B: Is indicative of something being wrong with the club
C: Reflects poorly on those running QPR.

That was a woeful performance today and the players lacked intensity but we are managerless and on a poor run, both of which are largely Beale's fault. Let's not torch people indiscriminately.

Oh, and just a quick one on Thomas: He really isn't Championship standard at the moment and is a gamble when we start him currently but I think we'd be looking more kindly on him if we had scored the penalty we should've been given for that foul on him.

We need a new manager bounce, and soon.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 20:25 - Dec 11 with 1224 viewsderbyhoop

You cannot bring such a low level of intensity to a match against a side of that quality.

Dykes did OK, Field battled in midfield and Laird offered some good moments but we looked better in the 2nd half. Shodipo and Albert offered more than Willock and Thomas. The latter is just not good enough for Championship level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 23:34 - Dec 11 with 896 viewsDamo1962

Qpr v Burnley...match thread. on 20:02 - Dec 11 by R_from_afar

Look, I'm hurting too after our very poor showing today, but I don't see how someone in a caretaker role taking off a player who wasn't performing well
A: Deserves to be sacked
B: Is indicative of something being wrong with the club
C: Reflects poorly on those running QPR.

That was a woeful performance today and the players lacked intensity but we are managerless and on a poor run, both of which are largely Beale's fault. Let's not torch people indiscriminately.

Oh, and just a quick one on Thomas: He really isn't Championship standard at the moment and is a gamble when we start him currently but I think we'd be looking more kindly on him if we had scored the penalty we should've been given for that foul on him.

We need a new manager bounce, and soon.

I was thinking of a broader malaise at the club...but get your points. A "manager bounce" would certainly be a welcome change for us too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024