Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New owners incoming? 10:02 - Apr 30 with 23849 viewsTheChef

Given the slightly odd situation with contract renewals, the arrival of the new board member in February (which unfortunately coincided with our on-pitch collapse), is this all pointing to a clean slate and new owners come the end of the season?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New owners incoming? on 11:56 - May 1 with 5653 viewsPinnerPaul

New owners incoming? on 11:43 - May 1 by davman

Mate, the point is, you don't know and I don't know. I actually agree with you that it is unlikely, but who knows?

The collapse that we have had this season is unique across the leagues, just like the improvement we had last season in the second half was also unique. It supersedes many of the "poor" seasons others have that you refer to.

Also, they have decided to part company with a pretty popular manager with very little explanation. They have had a new "investor" who has bought into the club with no explanation of who he is and why he has bought in.

The training ground is probably the one tangible anchor that indicates that they will be staying and we bloody well need them (or some other party willing to throw away £1.5m a month) to hang around.

Some certainty is needed; appointing a replacement in the next couple of weeks would be a good start. And please do not suggest that this should not be rushed. If they made the decision as early as seems apparent, they bloody well should be a long way through the sifting process by now...

Who he is, is in that very article I posted - that's what I'm getting at, creating 'mystery'. where none exists!

Get your point on the form, but come on, I'm not having we're 'unique' or having 'unique' or 'special' problems - say we finish 12th - 14th in the Championship, far more clubs with bigger 'problems' than ours.

Of course we don't know about any ownership change, but we don't know if they are going to sell the ground tomorrow - does that mean we should be 'told'?!

Its all an understandable (over) reaction I guess, but my point is if the owners/club really are a 'shambles' then does only winning 3 games since Feb make that less or more true - as Clive has said win just another 3 and we would most likely be in the top 6 - no talk of ownership change or crisis then.

If the owners are making a hash of running the club and that's an opinion, fair enough but that applied 31st Jan IF it applies 30th April.
New owners incoming? on 11:56 - May 1 with 5654 viewsDannytheR

Another thing to throw into the conspiracy pot is that Fernandes bought the club as a newly promoted concern, that being the exact point Briatore and Ecclestone chose to cash in their chips. Would make sense for people who had lost as much money as TF and RG to want to sell at the top of the market, which would be a club either back in the Premiership or at the very least in the play-offs with a promise of further improvement to come.

But can understand people being sceptical about anything weird going on upstairs. Not like we're one of those tinpot clubs whose history includes being rescued from going out of business with last minute £10m loans from unknown companies in Panama or had court cases involving guns in the boardroom. All long bfore the current incumbents, of course, but football is a strange business, and that often goes double at Rangers.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 12:09]
New owners incoming? on 12:23 - May 1 with 5505 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New owners incoming? on 11:56 - May 1 by PinnerPaul

Who he is, is in that very article I posted - that's what I'm getting at, creating 'mystery'. where none exists!

Get your point on the form, but come on, I'm not having we're 'unique' or having 'unique' or 'special' problems - say we finish 12th - 14th in the Championship, far more clubs with bigger 'problems' than ours.

Of course we don't know about any ownership change, but we don't know if they are going to sell the ground tomorrow - does that mean we should be 'told'?!

Its all an understandable (over) reaction I guess, but my point is if the owners/club really are a 'shambles' then does only winning 3 games since Feb make that less or more true - as Clive has said win just another 3 and we would most likely be in the top 6 - no talk of ownership change or crisis then.

If the owners are making a hash of running the club and that's an opinion, fair enough but that applied 31st Jan IF it applies 30th April.

"If the owners are making a hash of running the club and that's an opinion, fair enough but that applied 31st Jan IF it applies 30th April."

Agreed.

Edit - disappointed with the handling of Warburton's departure, but even this week there's been proof that our club is well run in many ways as we learned that Austin's contract has a very sensible opt-out clause for the club.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 12:24]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New owners incoming? on 12:32 - May 1 with 5459 viewsPunteR

New owners incoming? on 12:23 - May 1 by BrianMcCarthy

"If the owners are making a hash of running the club and that's an opinion, fair enough but that applied 31st Jan IF it applies 30th April."

Agreed.

Edit - disappointed with the handling of Warburton's departure, but even this week there's been proof that our club is well run in many ways as we learned that Austin's contract has a very sensible opt-out clause for the club.

All depends on how it was handled within the club, with players, coaching staff, contracts, remit shift etc.
Nothing wrong with a new investor coming in but is a problem if it changes plans. Of course making playoffs should be the goal every season, but if players/ manager are unsure of their future and that filters through to the pitch, which is what it looks like to me, then you have to say the owners made a hash of it back in January.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New owners incoming? on 12:37 - May 1 with 5434 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New owners incoming? on 12:32 - May 1 by PunteR

All depends on how it was handled within the club, with players, coaching staff, contracts, remit shift etc.
Nothing wrong with a new investor coming in but is a problem if it changes plans. Of course making playoffs should be the goal every season, but if players/ manager are unsure of their future and that filters through to the pitch, which is what it looks like to me, then you have to say the owners made a hash of it back in January.

Lots of 'if's in there, though, to be fair.

I don't see a new board member affecting performances as being at all likely, but I might be wrong.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New owners incoming? on 12:59 - May 1 with 5340 viewsMedwayR

I don't see how this is any different to when Jamie Reuben joined the board, our owners have a history of recruiting people of different backgrounds to join the board. I've no idea why they do this but I don't think it's particularly significant even if the most recent example has bought a minority stake in the club, he probably just wants to add it to his portfolio/cv of sports clubs to look good.

Poll: Who’s better?

New owners incoming? on 13:04 - May 1 with 5317 viewsLythamR

New owners incoming? on 10:24 - May 1 by PinnerPaul

What % did he buy?

Richard Reilly/QPR Newco now owns approx 10%

More than enough to cause a ripple in the space time continuum
New owners incoming? on 13:25 - May 1 with 5282 viewsDannytheR

New owners incoming? on 13:04 - May 1 by LythamR

Like most of us I'd imagine, this thread from a few weeks ago barely registered with me at the time but looks pretty interesting now...

"Well, if I was a betting man (and I like the occasional flutter), I would guess that they are trying to clean up the shareholders register by removing loads of small shareholders (us) so as to reduce administration prior to a big corporate transaction.

Step forward our new board member.

As I indicated previously, what sometimes happens with a club sale is that it occurs by means of a sale of a minority interest with an option for control."

Club shareholders by SimplyNico 23 Feb 2022 21:02
For any of you who are still shareholders of the club and have received the latest set of resolutions, I would suggest that if you do not agree with the proposed resolutions, you do not follow the club's invitation to ignore the articles of association and that you actually write to object. Your vote won't change the adoption of the new articles (because you have been diluted to next to nothing), but it will stop the majority shareholders expropriating your shares under the proposed new article 13.

Slightly naughty behaviour on the part of the majority shareholders in trying to get everyone out through the minority shareholders doing nothing.

Login to get fewer ads

New owners incoming? on 13:47 - May 1 with 5183 viewsthemodfather

owners do come and go as do board members, if they bring funds then great .
this championship is one tough sod to get out of, and go up from, and if on a small budget it makes it harder, but if we get top 6 next season and are hanging in there i would expect better deals to strengthen and better support for the manager/coach to make those play offs.
New owners incoming? on 14:10 - May 1 with 5094 viewsMick_S

New owners incoming? on 13:25 - May 1 by DannytheR

Like most of us I'd imagine, this thread from a few weeks ago barely registered with me at the time but looks pretty interesting now...

"Well, if I was a betting man (and I like the occasional flutter), I would guess that they are trying to clean up the shareholders register by removing loads of small shareholders (us) so as to reduce administration prior to a big corporate transaction.

As I indicated previously, what sometimes happens with a club sale is that it occurs by means of a sale of a minority interest with an option for control."

For any of you who are still shareholders of the club and have received the latest set of resolutions, I would suggest that if you do not agree with the proposed resolutions, you do not follow the club's invitation to ignore the articles of association and that you actually write to object. Your vote won't change the adoption of the new articles (because you have been diluted to next to nothing), but it will stop the majority shareholders expropriating your shares under the proposed new article 13.

Slightly naughty behaviour on the part of the majority shareholders in trying to get everyone out through the minority shareholders doing nothing.

I know nothing, but have a feeling. When things go wobbly at Rangers it’s always smelled on the message boards. This is smouldering, for me.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 14:11]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

New owners incoming? on 16:51 - May 1 with 4826 viewsVancouverHoop

New owners incoming? on 02:16 - May 1 by Northernr

Well if you'd bought into a little club on the sly in January thinking it was absolutely definitely going to be in the play-offs and might push for second giving you a really cheap chunk of a Premier League club, and then it ends up 16th, what would you be agitating about?

My own stupidity?
[Post edited 1 May 2022 16:56]
New owners incoming? on 16:58 - May 1 with 4783 viewsPinnerPaul

New owners incoming? on 12:32 - May 1 by PunteR

BUT in Jan, looked like we were shoe ins for the plays offs - so as I've said Ad Nauseum, do you offer PL level contracts then or Championship ones?

Some players you would want for the Championship, but not the PL?

So not sure how they made a 'hash' of things in Jan?
New owners incoming? on 17:00 - May 1 with 4776 viewsPinnerPaul

New owners incoming? on 13:04 - May 1 by LythamR

Thanks, as I said above, doesn't say what the stake is in the offy announcement.
New owners incoming? on 17:53 - May 1 with 4619 viewsPunteR

New owners incoming? on 16:58 - May 1 by PinnerPaul

BUT in Jan, looked like we were shoe ins for the plays offs - so as I've said Ad Nauseum, do you offer PL level contracts then or Championship ones?

Some players you would want for the Championship, but not the PL?

So not sure how they made a 'hash' of things in Jan?

Well there seems to be a lack of communication then no matter what's happened. Why not extend Warburton's contract, or players contracts if playoffs or promotion was a shoe in.? Its that instability of peoples future at the club maybe rocked the boat or the pressure of win or bust when we was 3rd which got to the players.?
I'm not saying that was the sole reason why our form dropped but when i say hash of things i mean things could have been done better.
Obviously all speculation at the moment but the timing and this extremely odd few months does point to this sort of thing happening., and lets face it, our owners have form for bull in the china shop negotiations and people skills.
And to answer your question about giving players Prem contracts or championship surely you put clauses in them for both ?. Has to a pretty standard thing, every top 6 club will have this same issue. Although not every top 6 club has a new ownership looming over the club.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 18:10]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New owners incoming? on 19:36 - May 1 with 4389 viewsNortholt_Rs

New owners incoming? on 11:43 - May 1 by davman

Mate, the point is, you don't know and I don't know. I actually agree with you that it is unlikely, but who knows?

The collapse that we have had this season is unique across the leagues, just like the improvement we had last season in the second half was also unique. It supersedes many of the "poor" seasons others have that you refer to.

Also, they have decided to part company with a pretty popular manager with very little explanation. They have had a new "investor" who has bought into the club with no explanation of who he is and why he has bought in.

The training ground is probably the one tangible anchor that indicates that they will be staying and we bloody well need them (or some other party willing to throw away £1.5m a month) to hang around.

Some certainty is needed; appointing a replacement in the next couple of weeks would be a good start. And please do not suggest that this should not be rushed. If they made the decision as early as seems apparent, they bloody well should be a long way through the sifting process by now...

Let’s not lose sight of the fact the owners are losing £1.5m a month due to their chronic mismanagement of the club. When Fernandes took over we’d just been promoted to the Prem…. Where the club is now is 100% on them.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 19:37]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

New owners incoming? on 20:31 - May 1 with 4239 viewsRangers67

New owners incoming? on 13:25 - May 1 by DannytheR

For me this is the give away that something is going on. I have been a shareholder since day 1 and over the last few years have heard nothing about my shares . Then all of a sudden we get a letter asking us to sign our shares over or some sh#t, still don,t understand it.
New owners incoming? on 00:18 - May 2 with 3898 viewswombat

New owners incoming? on 20:31 - May 1 by Rangers67

For me this is the give away that something is going on. I have been a shareholder since day 1 and over the last few years have heard nothing about my shares . Then all of a sudden we get a letter asking us to sign our shares over or some sh#t, still don,t understand it.

https://www.freeths.co.uk/2022/02/10/freeths-advise-qpr-newco-llc-on-the-purchas

Poll: which is your favouite foot

New owners incoming? on 11:55 - May 2 with 3353 viewsPinnerPaul

New owners incoming? on 17:53 - May 1 by PunteR

Well there seems to be a lack of communication then no matter what's happened. Why not extend Warburton's contract, or players contracts if playoffs or promotion was a shoe in.? Its that instability of peoples future at the club maybe rocked the boat or the pressure of win or bust when we was 3rd which got to the players.?
I'm not saying that was the sole reason why our form dropped but when i say hash of things i mean things could have been done better.
Obviously all speculation at the moment but the timing and this extremely odd few months does point to this sort of thing happening., and lets face it, our owners have form for bull in the china shop negotiations and people skills.
And to answer your question about giving players Prem contracts or championship surely you put clauses in them for both ?. Has to a pretty standard thing, every top 6 club will have this same issue. Although not every top 6 club has a new ownership looming over the club.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 18:10]

Shoe ins for play offs is a long way from shoe ins for promotion!

And the ones you want in the PL and not the Championship?

Also, finally, honest!, I'm not sure you DO see new contracts bandied about in the FL in Jan, presumably for the very reason I'm highlighting!
New owners incoming? on 10:18 - May 4 with 2849 viewsfrancisbowles

WTF is QPR Newco LLC?

It seems to me that the American has set up a company and that company now owns a stake in QPR Holdings. Is this a correct assumption?

While we are on this subject what has happened to my 'paper' shareholding as I haven't even had an acknowledgement of my letter or email stating I wanted to keep them?
New owners incoming? on 10:21 - May 4 with 2813 viewsRangers67

New owners incoming? on 00:18 - May 2 by wombat

https://www.freeths.co.uk/2022/02/10/freeths-advise-qpr-newco-llc-on-the-purchas

Thanks Wombat
New owners incoming? on 12:38 - May 4 with 2626 viewsPastCaringNW2

New owners incoming? on 10:18 - May 4 by francisbowles

WTF is QPR Newco LLC?

It seems to me that the American has set up a company and that company now owns a stake in QPR Holdings. Is this a correct assumption?

While we are on this subject what has happened to my 'paper' shareholding as I haven't even had an acknowledgement of my letter or email stating I wanted to keep them?

Me neither as it happens.
New owners incoming? on 12:52 - May 4 with 2543 viewsLblock

New owners incoming? on 19:36 - May 1 by Northolt_Rs

Let’s not lose sight of the fact the owners are losing £1.5m a month due to their chronic mismanagement of the club. When Fernandes took over we’d just been promoted to the Prem…. Where the club is now is 100% on them.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 19:37]

BANG

ON

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New owners incoming? on 13:26 - May 4 with 2412 viewswombat

New owners incoming? on 10:18 - May 4 by francisbowles

WTF is QPR Newco LLC?

yesn thats the company hes using to buy shares in the club , hes a hard guy to find much about esp his net wealth , so could be he fancied a punt in jan for a quick return if we had got promoted or could be something else and other will / would have joined him to maybe take the club over , jamie reuben came on board as good mates with amit and also one of londons biggest property guys , so that could be he was looking at the land LR sits on to make a large chunck of cash if we ever do get a new ground , i aint holding my breath that happening in the next ten years or so by the way

Poll: which is your favouite foot

New owners incoming? on 13:54 - May 4 with 2307 viewsBenny_the_Ball

New owners incoming? on 12:23 - May 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

Conversely Barbet hasn't even been spoken to about a possible extension.

The board appear adept at handling the mechanics (contract clauses, opt-outs, etc.); it's the softer stuff where they appear to be lacking (communication with players and fans, building and maintaining relationships with staff, etc.). Still, it beats Tony running around in his Air Asia baseball cap trying to be everyone's friend whilst having his pants pulled down to the tune of tens of millions.
New owners incoming? on 16:20 - May 4 with 2119 viewsBenny_the_Ball

New owners incoming? on 02:16 - May 1 by Northernr

Well if you'd bought into a little club on the sly in January thinking it was absolutely definitely going to be in the play-offs and might push for second giving you a really cheap chunk of a Premier League club, and then it ends up 16th, what would you be agitating about?

Not the only one I imagine. Suddenly the bond doesn't look so promising.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024