Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New owners incoming? 10:02 - Apr 30 with 23851 viewsTheChef

Given the slightly odd situation with contract renewals, the arrival of the new board member in February (which unfortunately coincided with our on-pitch collapse), is this all pointing to a clean slate and new owners come the end of the season?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New owners incoming? on 02:17 - May 1 with 3534 viewsHooparoo

Maybe Amit wants to run the joint? It worked pretty well when his mate was the CEO.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

New owners incoming? on 02:24 - May 1 with 3517 viewsNorthernr

New owners incoming? on 02:17 - May 1 by Hooparoo

Maybe Amit wants to run the joint? It worked pretty well when his mate was the CEO.

Again, I might be wrong, but Amit has a stake of a couple of percent, and was put in as a popular token figurehead chairman to stop Fernandes being battered and abused constantly on Twitter. He could have bought the club at a million different points over the last decade and hasn't.
New owners incoming? on 02:34 - May 1 with 3502 viewsHooparoo

New owners incoming? on 02:24 - May 1 by Northernr

Again, I might be wrong, but Amit has a stake of a couple of percent, and was put in as a popular token figurehead chairman to stop Fernandes being battered and abused constantly on Twitter. He could have bought the club at a million different points over the last decade and hasn't.

Fair point Clive but equally why would you bother with just a couple of percent if you had no interest at all in the future of the club? I don’t care which rich bloke owns the club, I just want a team to be proud of again. I’m so sick of all the stick I get for following Fck Up Park Rangers.

The whole thing is a depressing bloody “Groundhog Day” 😵‍💫

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

New owners incoming? on 08:15 - May 1 with 3195 viewsstevec

Ah, the coveted position of sixteenth, I think we’d all be happy with that.

This board works in mysterious ways.
New owners incoming? on 08:51 - May 1 with 3101 viewsBklynRanger

New owners incoming? on 02:16 - May 1 by Northernr

Well if you'd bought into a little club on the sly in January thinking it was absolutely definitely going to be in the play-offs and might push for second giving you a really cheap chunk of a Premier League club, and then it ends up 16th, what would you be agitating about?

That is going to be a problem for any manager, but I wonder, if true, how it played out in Warbs' case?

February was a big disappointment all round so there would have very likely been these questions from above, probably channelled through Les, about what the plan was to fix it. Which Mark may not have appreciated or answered in a way that satisfied those above.

Relationship starts to sour all round, heels get dug in, and back we go on the merry-go-round to find another Warburton who does all the other stuff but not that bit, and promises in the interview that he won't ever do that bit, honest.

I did think for a while that MW didn't, at least from watching, seem to be doing enough to decisively address the spiral. Or at the very least what he was trying wasn't working and it probably needed a rethink. But if it was even slightly toxic by then between him and the board, and maybe him and one or two senior players, that's usually enough for a sacking these days anyway.
New owners incoming? on 09:04 - May 1 with 3051 viewsdavman

Starting to wonder whether the new guy put a stake in and was expecting to increase his investment into a club on the up this summer thus relieving Ruben's monthly input. It has worked our, so my be he is not as keen as he was to throw money at this shambles.

If Ruben wants to reduce his input this may spell very bad news as we all know that if the owners do pull the plug, it will explain why we can't re-sign anyone and Twitter will stop getting irate about not signing a 4th striker, but just about the fact we will need to sell to stay alive and even then can't afford signings...

As always, whether any of us fans like it, we are deeply in the hands of our owners. We don't have (and have never had) any real say in things. If they don't spend, that's that and if they do it's up to them what they spend it on.

No facts behind any of this speculation, but in the absence of anything but hearsay and rumour, I thought I'd make something up.

... And NOW we have our Rangers back...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

New owners incoming? on 09:05 - May 1 with 3045 viewsSonofpugwash

Sixteenth.As always,expecting Filet Mignon and ending up with Burger King.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

New owners incoming? on 09:16 - May 1 with 3013 viewsNortholt_Rs

New owners incoming? on 02:24 - May 1 by Northernr

100%

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

New owners incoming? on 09:24 - May 1 with 2980 viewsTGRRRSSS

Agreed the MIttals don't really seem that interested, I think Amit likes it I think he likes the fame (for lack of a better word) etc and being the Chairman of the club and so on, but actually funding this?

Probably not....

Strange and uncertain times again.

Notable Fernandes has (I think) been rather quiet on QPR for some time no albeit I I am never on Twitter these days.
New owners incoming? on 09:35 - May 1 with 2942 viewsQPR_Jim

New owners incoming? on 09:04 - May 1 by davman

Starting to wonder whether the new guy put a stake in and was expecting to increase his investment into a club on the up this summer thus relieving Ruben's monthly input. It has worked our, so my be he is not as keen as he was to throw money at this shambles.

If Ruben wants to reduce his input this may spell very bad news as we all know that if the owners do pull the plug, it will explain why we can't re-sign anyone and Twitter will stop getting irate about not signing a 4th striker, but just about the fact we will need to sell to stay alive and even then can't afford signings...

As always, whether any of us fans like it, we are deeply in the hands of our owners. We don't have (and have never had) any real say in things. If they don't spend, that's that and if they do it's up to them what they spend it on.

No facts behind any of this speculation, but in the absence of anything but hearsay and rumour, I thought I'd make something up.

... And NOW we have our Rangers back...

In terms of his investment, is it possible he's agreed a takeover in January but they couldn't agree a total fee because they wasn't sure what division we we're going to be in. So they agreed the initial investment as a deposit with the remaining investment to take ownership the to be agreed at the end of the season. Could explain why seemingly no contracts are being renewed.

I'm not sure if they would do that but it would make sense for the buyer as it would avoid our owners getting promoted and starting a bidding war in the summer to up the price. It would also protect the owner from selling at championship price and then overnight turning into a massive error if all their groundwork for us promoted.

I don't really care who owns us, so long as it doesn't effect the plans for the training ground. I just want to be proud of the club and it's hard when we collapse like we have this year.
New owners incoming? on 09:47 - May 1 with 2896 viewsBostonR

It’s the silence from Ruben and Tony that is interesting. Unless , I have missed something I have heard nothing coming from either of them. It’s pretty obvious something is cooking.
New owners incoming? on 10:04 - May 1 with 2846 viewsDannytheR

Richard Reilly also co-owns the Cincinatti Reds baseball team. Clearly a bit of a Midas touch.

"The Reds are now just one loss away from the worst start in franchise history. The Reds have lost 9 in a row on the road."

https://www.redlegnation.com/2022/04/30/cincinnati-reds-fall-to-3-18-matching-wo
New owners incoming? on 10:20 - May 1 with 2777 viewsPinnerPaul

New owners incoming? on 11:48 - Apr 30 by kensalriser

Agree with all of this in a world where 2+2 = 57. Back in the world where it equals 4, I highly doubt it.

Spot on - some bizarre associations going on at the minute.

Who remembers that insurance ad "We won't turn a drama into a crisis"? Blimey we are doing exactly that at the moment with ever more terrifying and absurd prophecies of doom every time I come on here.
New owners incoming? on 10:24 - May 1 with 2760 viewsPinnerPaul

New owners incoming? on 02:16 - May 1 by Northernr

Well if you'd bought into a little club on the sly in January thinking it was absolutely definitely going to be in the play-offs and might push for second giving you a really cheap chunk of a Premier League club, and then it ends up 16th, what would you be agitating about?

What % did he buy?
New owners incoming? on 10:30 - May 1 with 2745 viewsdavman

New owners incoming? on 10:20 - May 1 by PinnerPaul

Spot on - some bizarre associations going on at the minute.

Who remembers that insurance ad "We won't turn a drama into a crisis"? Blimey we are doing exactly that at the moment with ever more terrifying and absurd prophecies of doom every time I come on here.

But that is what happens when there is no ACTUAL information to go by; people speculate. As well as the other scenario I posted, this could equally be simply a case of the weakness in our squad up front, the lack of quality in our wing backs and the ridiculous injury crisis causing the fall off and the board, sensibly, reacting to the quite frankly, abysmal performance since the turn of the year. They may have an individual in mind, who is going to shake the team up and there may be a couple of players coming in who will change things for the better next season.

I bloody hope so.

However, time continues to prove that we are not allowed nice things, so I wonder which scenario feels more realistic?

I dunno, you dunno and the rational thing is simply to wait and see, so let's just do that.

The message board will be quite dull in the meantime though...

Can we go out yet?

New owners incoming? on 10:34 - May 1 with 2726 viewsPinnerPaul

New owners incoming? on 10:30 - May 1 by davman

But that is what happens when there is no ACTUAL information to go by; people speculate. As well as the other scenario I posted, this could equally be simply a case of the weakness in our squad up front, the lack of quality in our wing backs and the ridiculous injury crisis causing the fall off and the board, sensibly, reacting to the quite frankly, abysmal performance since the turn of the year. They may have an individual in mind, who is going to shake the team up and there may be a couple of players coming in who will change things for the better next season.

I bloody hope so.

However, time continues to prove that we are not allowed nice things, so I wonder which scenario feels more realistic?

I dunno, you dunno and the rational thing is simply to wait and see, so let's just do that.

The message board will be quite dull in the meantime though...

Ok lets go mad for a minute and assume that there is no imminent change of ownership - you wouldn't expect a weekly bulletin explaining that?

Loads of clubs in the 92 have had 'poor' seasons - do we think their fans are 'expecting' a a change of ownership or demanding 'information' about such non change?

I'll look pretty daft, not the first time, if something IS happening on that side, but just don't see it myself.
New owners incoming? on 10:49 - May 1 with 2671 viewsPunteR

All starting to make sense now.
What a shambles.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New owners incoming? on 10:51 - May 1 with 2664 viewscollegeranger

With dollar rate at £1 = $1.25 currently - we will look a good proposition to US investors as do our noisy neighbours compared to 3 years ago or even from January. Would not be surprised if there is a change or further investment coming in.
New owners incoming? on 10:56 - May 1 with 2639 viewsBerkoRanger

A VERY interesting read. I LOVE this message board.
New owners incoming? on 11:00 - May 1 with 2624 viewsPunteR

Our not very smart owners strikes again.
The long term strategy became compromised when the dollar signs popped up.
That's how I'm reading it anyway.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New owners incoming? on 11:04 - May 1 with 2611 viewsqprcmob

New owners incoming? on 10:25 - Apr 30 by davman

No idea, but if they are, let's not repeat the last takeover where it dragged on up to the end of the transfer window leading to panic and ridiculous purchases in the transfer market.

The fact that this board ended up buying a team in the Premier League with a worse team than the one that won the Championship sums our club up and was a big contributing factor to our failure in the Prem under Warnock. If only we'd built on that team (eg: keeping Routledge) methodically instead of the Supermarket last minute sweep.

That team was much, much better equipped to build than the crazy batshit team that went up through the Playoffs under an overrated manager, incapable of coaching or improvising.

Our history is all about missed opportunities, isn't it...

Yep, it sure is since 1976
New owners incoming? on 11:28 - May 1 with 2558 viewsNortholt_Rs

New owners incoming? on 10:04 - May 1 by DannytheR

Richard Reilly also co-owns the Cincinatti Reds baseball team. Clearly a bit of a Midas touch.

"The Reds are now just one loss away from the worst start in franchise history. The Reds have lost 9 in a row on the road."

https://www.redlegnation.com/2022/04/30/cincinnati-reds-fall-to-3-18-matching-wo

“ The Reds have lost 16 of 17 games for the first time since August of 1945. This is only the 4th season the franchise has had such a stretch (1914, 1930, 1945, 2022).”

Warburton’s stats are outstanding by comparison!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

New owners incoming? on 11:37 - May 1 with 2508 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is there any evidence at all for this?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New owners incoming? on 11:41 - May 1 with 2489 viewsPinnerPaul

New owners incoming? on 10:24 - May 1 by PinnerPaul

What % did he buy?

Looked it up myself now - unknown.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/richard-reilly-joins-qpr-board-110222/

An interesting side note to remember, as this article confirms, our 'board' only contains 5, was 4, members and that does NOT include Les or Lee Hoos.

This does make sense to confine the actual board to owners, obviously there will an 'executive' or 'management' board with wider membership to include Les, Lee and probably the Finance Director I would have thought.
New owners incoming? on 11:43 - May 1 with 2478 viewsdavman

New owners incoming? on 10:34 - May 1 by PinnerPaul

Ok lets go mad for a minute and assume that there is no imminent change of ownership - you wouldn't expect a weekly bulletin explaining that?

Loads of clubs in the 92 have had 'poor' seasons - do we think their fans are 'expecting' a a change of ownership or demanding 'information' about such non change?

I'll look pretty daft, not the first time, if something IS happening on that side, but just don't see it myself.

Mate, the point is, you don't know and I don't know. I actually agree with you that it is unlikely, but who knows?

The collapse that we have had this season is unique across the leagues, just like the improvement we had last season in the second half was also unique. It supersedes many of the "poor" seasons others have that you refer to.

Also, they have decided to part company with a pretty popular manager with very little explanation. They have had a new "investor" who has bought into the club with no explanation of who he is and why he has bought in.

The training ground is probably the one tangible anchor that indicates that they will be staying and we bloody well need them (or some other party willing to throw away £1.5m a month) to hang around.

Some certainty is needed; appointing a replacement in the next couple of weeks would be a good start. And please do not suggest that this should not be rushed. If they made the decision as early as seems apparent, they bloody well should be a long way through the sifting process by now...

Can we go out yet?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024