Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hammersmith Apollo ticket help 19:46 - Sep 10 with 1591 viewsMrSheen

Evening all, I was hoping to benefit from the collective wisdom of the board. I was due to make my first visit to the Apollo in many decades on Saturday but I’m going to Ireland instead and have two tickets I can’t use. I don’t want to make money out of it, I’d be delighted to get face value back. They are for stalls standing-this area is completely sold out and there only appear to be a couple of dozen circle tickets left.

I bought through EventimUK and they haven’t sent me any digital tickets yet, so even if I wanted to tout them on Stubhub etc, I don’t have anything. Eventim say I can offer them on their own fan exchange at face value, but the facility to list them, which they claim should be automatic isn’t there yet - perhaps because it’s not yet sold out. Ironically, they said I could list a paper ticket if I had one, but for postal reasons it would have to close any sale today.

Any advice? Can I list the promise of a digital ticket online and then send it over when it comes? When do EventimUK release digital pass tickets in advance? Any other suggestions?

By the way, it’s Blackberry Smoke, Southern big-band country/blues. Not my usual, but I saw them last year because I had heard one song by their support band on a playlist and I was on a post Covid live music binge. They put on a great show, great sound and really worked the audience. They must be a bit of a cult following, very diverse group, bikers to school mums night out. Any interest?
Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 21:12 - Sep 10 with 1430 viewsBlackCrowe

Great band. Stick it on Twickets for £10 below face and they'll go quick...totally reliable website that works incredibly well.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 21:23 - Sep 10 with 1405 viewsMrSheen

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 21:12 - Sep 10 by BlackCrowe

Great band. Stick it on Twickets for £10 below face and they'll go quick...totally reliable website that works incredibly well.

Thanks Nic, any idea when the tickets might materialise?
Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 21:56 - Sep 10 with 1327 viewsBlackCrowe

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 21:23 - Sep 10 by MrSheen

Thanks Nic, any idea when the tickets might materialise?

No, i guess they must be imminent. I would message them on Twitter, the venues seem to be better at responding via that platform for some reason. Don't list the tickets until you've got them though, it will just add to the stress.

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 22:12 - Sep 10 with 1287 viewsNW5Hoop

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 21:56 - Sep 10 by BlackCrowe

No, i guess they must be imminent. I would message them on Twitter, the venues seem to be better at responding via that platform for some reason. Don't list the tickets until you've got them though, it will just add to the stress.

On Twickets, you can put them up for sale before you have them – increasingly, gig tickets are sent out electronically a day or so before the show. You get all your money back if they don't materialise. And you are put in direct touch with the seller, so they cant hide.

It's much the best of the resale sites.
Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 22:48 - Sep 10 with 1209 viewsMrSheen

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 22:12 - Sep 10 by NW5Hoop

On Twickets, you can put them up for sale before you have them – increasingly, gig tickets are sent out electronically a day or so before the show. You get all your money back if they don't materialise. And you are put in direct touch with the seller, so they cant hide.

It's much the best of the resale sites.

Thanks, I ve got them on Twickets now, seems fairly painless so far. I paid £18 fees to Eventim for £70 worth of tickets and it’s a miserable customer experience, pitiful loops of useless advice.

Talking of cult followings I see the Apollo has sold out three nights with the Teskey Brothers, literally no clue (though that’s not saying much).
Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 23:03 - Sep 10 with 1179 viewsTW_R

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 22:48 - Sep 10 by MrSheen

Thanks, I ve got them on Twickets now, seems fairly painless so far. I paid £18 fees to Eventim for £70 worth of tickets and it’s a miserable customer experience, pitiful loops of useless advice.

Talking of cult followings I see the Apollo has sold out three nights with the Teskey Brothers, literally no clue (though that’s not saying much).

I’ve used Twickets a few times, both buying and selling, and it’s been pretty good from my experience. I’m actually already going to this gig otherwise I would have offered to buy them off you. Will let you know how it goes.
Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 19:18 - Sep 11 with 842 viewsRebalhoop

Oi Sheen who you calling a Cu….oh sorry misread that 😇 got my tickets,and can’t wait,
Well I’m waiting for my tickets,they better come soon,I’ve been waiting to see BBS for a few years now,something always happens and I can’t make it.
Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 23:59 - Sep 11 with 652 viewsMrSheen

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 19:18 - Sep 11 by Rebalhoop

Oi Sheen who you calling a Cu….oh sorry misread that 😇 got my tickets,and can’t wait,
Well I’m waiting for my tickets,they better come soon,I’ve been waiting to see BBS for a few years now,something always happens and I can’t make it.

A strange journey for me. During Covid, we had themed family dinners with a Spotify playlist to match. We did BBQone night and I put Redneck Country in and to my amazement really enjoyed it, particularly the Read Southall Band. My daughter and I determined to watch more live music after reopening and we saw they were coming to London to support BBS, who I hadn’t come across before, and I snapped up tickets for the Roundhouse for April last year.

I listened to a bit of BBS before, but nothing made much of an impression. I had an idea something was up when the 300 odd who enjoyed Read Southall turned into a solid mass for the main event. Maybe a quarter were Americans, but everyone was singing along, bikers, cowboys, class-rep mums off their nuts, a huge cult following. It was a great show, crystal sound, great rapport.

The one thing I didn’t get, was where did this come from? Are they on the radio a lot, if so where? I’ve never heard anyone mention them before or since, where did they get such a passionate following?
Login to get fewer ads

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 07:37 - Sep 12 with 603 viewsBlackCrowe

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 23:59 - Sep 11 by MrSheen

A strange journey for me. During Covid, we had themed family dinners with a Spotify playlist to match. We did BBQone night and I put Redneck Country in and to my amazement really enjoyed it, particularly the Read Southall Band. My daughter and I determined to watch more live music after reopening and we saw they were coming to London to support BBS, who I hadn’t come across before, and I snapped up tickets for the Roundhouse for April last year.

I listened to a bit of BBS before, but nothing made much of an impression. I had an idea something was up when the 300 odd who enjoyed Read Southall turned into a solid mass for the main event. Maybe a quarter were Americans, but everyone was singing along, bikers, cowboys, class-rep mums off their nuts, a huge cult following. It was a great show, crystal sound, great rapport.

The one thing I didn’t get, was where did this come from? Are they on the radio a lot, if so where? I’ve never heard anyone mention them before or since, where did they get such a passionate following?

Check out Red Clay Strays and try to go and see them next time they're over the pond Steve.

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 09:13 - Sep 12 with 553 viewswestberksr

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 22:48 - Sep 10 by MrSheen

Teskey Brothers are very good bluesy/country/rock duo from Australia. I saw them at a festival a few years ago and they are very good.

they've built up quite a following, but didn't think they were 3 nights at Apollo popular. Not likely to be a big chart or commercial radio presence, so easy to have missed them.....

equally i've not heard of the group you have tickets for
Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 19:41 - Sep 12 with 381 viewsRebalhoop

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 23:59 - Sep 11 by MrSheen

It was COVID time when I got into them,lying in the garden enjoying my furlough,listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd,Tedeshi Trucks,Dickie Betts..etc,on Amazon,it said if you like this,you’ll like this,and pinged up BBS.Unlike you I instantly liked them,was surprised to learn how long they have been around,and how I’ve missed them.
No ldea how they have got such a following,I know Country and Western is pretty big at the moment,so being Country Rock,maybe a few have given them a try ? only radio station I’ve heard them on is Black Deer Radio.

P.S
Sounds like my kind of night,BBQ and good music,hopefully a couple of beers involved.
Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 21:27 - Sep 12 with 313 viewsTW_R

Hammersmith Apollo ticket help on 19:41 - Sep 12 by Rebalhoop

It was COVID time when I got into them,lying in the garden enjoying my furlough,listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd,Tedeshi Trucks,Dickie Betts..etc,on Amazon,it said if you like this,you’ll like this,and pinged up BBS.Unlike you I instantly liked them,was surprised to learn how long they have been around,and how I’ve missed them.
No ldea how they have got such a following,I know Country and Western is pretty big at the moment,so being Country Rock,maybe a few have given them a try ? only radio station I’ve heard them on is Black Deer Radio.

P.S
Sounds like my kind of night,BBQ and good music,hopefully a couple of beers involved.

If you like the Southern rock feel have a listen to The Sheepdogs and The Commoners. Both Canadian bands and both really good. And if you do like them The Sheepdogs are playing in Islington on the 5th of December with The Commoners supporting
[Post edited 12 Sep 21:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024