Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Sky deal? 15:46 - Aug 12 with 8447 viewsconnell10

Is kinda shite isn't it ? The EFL should have told them to shove it !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

This Sky deal? on 15:51 - Aug 12 with 4497 viewsconnell10

Zero benefit for the fans , how did they get away with this ?

This Sky deal? on 15:54 - Aug 12 with 4451 viewsNorthernr

The thing I can't quite believe is that the vast majority of these games getting moved, including ours on Saturday, aren't televised at all. You can't record them to your box. You have to go to 412 and then search behind the red button for them where the picture quality and streaming speed depends on your broadband, and there are no replays.

They've basically thrown a bomb into the EFL fixture list to televise exactly the same games they were before in exactly the same timeslots, and then stick everything else on the red button.
This Sky deal? on 15:57 - Aug 12 with 4429 viewsconnell10

This Sky deal? on 15:54 - Aug 12 by Northernr

The thing I can't quite believe is that the vast majority of these games getting moved, including ours on Saturday, aren't televised at all. You can't record them to your box. You have to go to 412 and then search behind the red button for them where the picture quality and streaming speed depends on your broadband, and there are no replays.

They've basically thrown a bomb into the EFL fixture list to televise exactly the same games they were before in exactly the same timeslots, and then stick everything else on the red button.

I blame the clubs who voted for this , no fan consultation.....its a bloody disgrace to be honest.

This Sky deal? on 16:04 - Aug 12 with 4376 viewsGaryHaddock

This Sky deal? on 15:51 - Aug 12 by connell10

Zero benefit for the fans , how did they get away with this ?

Last year the EFL in person attendance record was broken. Die hard fans will swallow it because we got no other option, and they know it.
This Sky deal? on 16:23 - Aug 12 with 4274 viewsterryb

This Sky deal? on 15:54 - Aug 12 by Northernr

Replays were being shown Clive, but you can't record the game. The picture quality at Orient was a lot better than on the red button last season.

I'm not intending to defend Sky at all, but the coverage was improved although I still can't understand what they are gaining from the deal (Sky that is).

Actually, thinking about it, I can't remeber if there were replays in the Orient game, but I'm assured that were there in our match.
[Post edited 12 Aug 16:51]
This Sky deal? on 16:44 - Aug 12 with 4142 viewsHayesender

Slowly but surely we're moving towards football being a tv show, where the only paying customers are sat on their fat backsides ordering whatever shite is being advertised across the screen, as the game is stopped on the whim of the sponsor.

Match goers are an inconvenience now, even more so away fans

Poll: Shamima Beghum

This Sky deal? on 16:54 - Aug 12 with 4085 viewsdaveB

This Sky deal? on 16:23 - Aug 12 by terryb

Replays were being shown Clive, but you can't record the game. The picture quality at Orient was a lot better than on the red button last season.

I'm not intending to defend Sky at all, but the coverage was improved although I still can't understand what they are gaining from the deal (Sky that is).

Actually, thinking about it, I can't remeber if there were replays in the Orient game, but I'm assured that were there in our match.
[Post edited 12 Aug 16:51]

The gain is to get this service you have to upgrade to Sky Q so more money each month, also adds more subscribers as that's now the only way to watch your team play on tv. You can be sure the subscription fee will go up soon as well.

Advertising money goes up as on Saturday in that one slot they are selling commercial air time for each game rather than just one so to advertise during half time and to ensure everyone sees your ad you have to book into every match at half time, increases revenue a lot by doing that

Also opens up opportunity to end the 3pm blackout which allow them to show Premier league games at that time in the future
This Sky deal? on 17:02 - Aug 12 with 4014 viewsrobith

This Sky deal? on 16:54 - Aug 12 by daveB

The gain is to get this service you have to upgrade to Sky Q so more money each month, also adds more subscribers as that's now the only way to watch your team play on tv. You can be sure the subscription fee will go up soon as well.

Advertising money goes up as on Saturday in that one slot they are selling commercial air time for each game rather than just one so to advertise during half time and to ensure everyone sees your ad you have to book into every match at half time, increases revenue a lot by doing that

Also opens up opportunity to end the 3pm blackout which allow them to show Premier league games at that time in the future

On the ad money point, just as I work in media planning, in the UK you pay for a TV spot on a cost per thousand viewers basis, not per spot, and it's measured by the BARB panel, so it will only be increasing their ad revenue if audiences are substantially larger.

Their ad revenue is absolutely dwarfed by what they make from subs. I suspect the EFL deal has been a data led deal showing that there's actually tons of Champo & down fans and having the content on there will make those customers "stickier", as it costs them a fortune to recruit new customers
Login to get fewer ads

This Sky deal? on 17:44 - Aug 12 with 3859 views222gers

I think there could be a last straw effect. Some supporters, maybe like myself, getting on a bit and struggling a bit to get to games. Probably go through hell or high water to get to Sat afternoons but with various problems might just shrug and say “sod 'em”.
This Sky deal? on 18:22 - Aug 12 with 3682 viewsPikey

That was certainly the view of a number of us post match on Saturday.
Have to get thd 9.30 train to have any chance of getting there in a reasonable time. Popped in the blue and white at 12.15 ordered a pint and they said £7.25, well you can whistle for that, walked out left it there someone else can pay.
I think at the end of this season when I hit 70 will be my last after 65 years. And during covid they said the game wasnt the same without the fans. !!!
This Sky deal? on 18:25 - Aug 12 with 3676 viewsJevlar

My dad and I sit in F block and have done for a long time. He’s decided to bin off all the 12:30 kick offs… and to be honest, I don’t blame him. They’re shit.

Fans that physically go are a total afterthought to the powers that be now. I don’t really go to many away games but feel for those that do. These daft kick off times might spell the beginning of the end for me and my dad having a Season Ticket. I imagine others might feel similar.
This Sky deal? on 18:53 - Aug 12 with 3569 viewscolinallcars

I'd like to think he powers that be at the club read threads like this. I'm sure our thoughts are echoed among supporters of the other Champ teams.
This Sky deal? on 19:39 - Aug 12 with 3435 viewsVancouverHoop

This Sky deal? on 18:53 - Aug 12 by colinallcars

I'd like to think he powers that be at the club read threads like this. I'm sure our thoughts are echoed among supporters of the other Champ teams.

Yeah. I think everyone has issues of one kind or another. As mentioned elsewhere, fluctuating times will play havoc with overseas viewing. We pay for QPR+ but already don't get a full schedule (because of Sky.) Cup games aren't included, nor are the matches downloadable. So we rely on third parties (legal or not) to fill in the increasing number of unavailable games. The club needs to take a hard look at this, as they're going to start losing overseas income — that's assuming they care.
This Sky deal? on 19:43 - Aug 12 with 3397 viewsBlackCrowe

This Sky deal? on 17:02 - Aug 12 by robith

On the ad money point, just as I work in media planning, in the UK you pay for a TV spot on a cost per thousand viewers basis, not per spot, and it's measured by the BARB panel, so it will only be increasing their ad revenue if audiences are substantially larger.

Their ad revenue is absolutely dwarfed by what they make from subs. I suspect the EFL deal has been a data led deal showing that there's actually tons of Champo & down fans and having the content on there will make those customers "stickier", as it costs them a fortune to recruit new customers

This is true and i work for the company that runs the BARB panel. Small world.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

This Sky deal? on 19:44 - Aug 12 with 3390 viewsSussex_Ranger

Sorry, I posted this on another thread the other day, but wanted to share again:

I've been reading this forum for ages but this is the first time I've posted a message.

I have always hated how Sky messed about with fixtures without a thought for the supporters who actually attend games and with the huge increase in live games and moved 3pm matches, enough was enough for me.

I had already paid for my season ticket but when I realised how many games had been moved to 12:30pm, I contacted the club to let them know my thoughts and one of their replies is below. I travel up from Sussex and due to other commitments (my children's clubs), I cannot make 12:30pm KO's. QPR have given me a full refund.

I don't have Sky TV and never have (I loathe them!) Personally, I think more people need to ditch Sky and boycott games to show how we feel. Let the club/league know. Because it's only going to get worse otherwise. I've spoken to supporters of other Championship clubs who feel the same as me.

Here is a response I had:

Good morning,

Thank you for your email and for taking the time to contact us.

We unfortunately, sadly have very little say over the tv selections and fixtures, and we understand the frustrations that season ticket holders feel. We would recommend reaching out to the EFL directly with any queries as they should have the information to be able to advise and assist. They can be reached via email on enquiries@efl.com.

The Box Office will be able to assist with your request of cancellation and a refund for your season tickets, and we have left them CC’d into this chain.

We’re thankful and appreciative of both you and xxxxx for your continued support.

Kind regards,

Chloe Tong
Supporter Relations Manager
This Sky deal? on 20:01 - Aug 12 with 3348 viewsBlackCrowe

This Sky deal? on 19:44 - Aug 12 by Sussex_Ranger

Sorry, I posted this on another thread the other day, but wanted to share again:

I've been reading this forum for ages but this is the first time I've posted a message.

I have always hated how Sky messed about with fixtures without a thought for the supporters who actually attend games and with the huge increase in live games and moved 3pm matches, enough was enough for me.

I had already paid for my season ticket but when I realised how many games had been moved to 12:30pm, I contacted the club to let them know my thoughts and one of their replies is below. I travel up from Sussex and due to other commitments (my children's clubs), I cannot make 12:30pm KO's. QPR have given me a full refund.

I don't have Sky TV and never have (I loathe them!) Personally, I think more people need to ditch Sky and boycott games to show how we feel. Let the club/league know. Because it's only going to get worse otherwise. I've spoken to supporters of other Championship clubs who feel the same as me.

Good morning,

We unfortunately, sadly have very little say over the tv selections and fixtures, and we understand the frustrations that season ticket holders feel. We would recommend reaching out to the EFL directly with any queries as they should have the information to be able to advise and assist. They can be reached via email on enquiries@efl.com.

The Box Office will be able to assist with your request of cancellation and a refund for your season tickets, and we have left them CC’d into this chain.

We’re thankful and appreciative of both you and xxxxx for your continued support.

Kind regards,

Chloe Tong

Fair play to the club

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

This Sky deal? on 20:18 - Aug 12 with 3296 viewsGaryHaddock

Good morning,

Kind regards,

Chloe Tong

This is terrible. Have you spoken to the FSA?
This Sky deal? on 20:22 - Aug 12 with 3272 viewscolinallcars

I wrote to the EFL once and was just brushed off. I wrote to Sky expressing my concern about how many of our matches they'd “picked” and I don't think they read my letter as the reply said. “ don't worry there'll be plenty of opportunities to watch your team on Sky.
This Sky deal? on 20:26 - Aug 12 with 3256 viewsw7r

This Sky deal? on 19:43 - Aug 12 by BlackCrowe

This is true and i work for the company that runs the BARB panel. Small world.

lol - I also work for that company.

Very small world
This Sky deal? on 20:30 - Aug 12 with 3242 viewsSussex_Ranger

Nope. Not yet. I’ve had a season ticket almost every season since I was 5 (I’m 44 now) and my children (6 and 9) were really starting to get into it last season too. I’m sick of how proper supporters get treated. Seriously, how much football do you need on TV??
This Sky deal? on 20:35 - Aug 12 with 3200 viewsSK_hoops

Can't speak for all the pubs near the ground, but we popped into the Conningham and there were noticeably less people in than normal, so the 12:30 KO's have not only inconvenienced fans, but potentially been bad for local businesses too.
[Post edited 12 Aug 20:36]
This Sky deal? on 20:45 - Aug 12 with 3123 viewsw7r

So, really stupid idea… how about we start a petition, loads of other fans aren’t going to be happy about this. It also impacts local business, could we get to the magic 100k and get some time in parliament to try and get some heat on Sky and the EFL?

Stupid or should we give it a blast?

Just had a quick google, seems there’s already one or two petitions to scrap the 3pm blackout.

I’ll see if there’s anything worth posting a link to ….

Seems there’s currently no petitions committee and they’ve previously rejected one to do with the 3pm embargo - not looking promising .
[Post edited 12 Aug 20:56]
This Sky deal? on 21:18 - Aug 12 with 2993 viewsDorse

Sky have got the clubs in a headlock here. It's grubby and unseemly. I get why the clubs want the money but there are limits to what they should accept - even for a big payout.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

This Sky deal? on 21:38 - Aug 12 with 2898 viewsLblock

Good morning,

Kind regards,

Chloe Tong

I think Chloe has a Bruvva…. Named Bill…… Sarf African geezah?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

This Sky deal? on 22:55 - Aug 12 with 2706 viewsdaveB

This Sky deal? on 17:02 - Aug 12 by robith

yeah will only be a small increase in ad revenue but still an increase. the subs is the main thing they are after, they will almost certainly be making money on this otherwise they would not have bothered
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024