Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Sky deal? 15:46 - Aug 12 with 8767 viewsconnell10

Is kinda shite isn't it ? The EFL should have told them to shove it !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

This Sky deal? on 09:37 - Aug 16 with 925 viewsWegerles_Stairs

This Sky deal? on 16:04 - Aug 15 by Antti_Heinola

yeah it was very tongue in cheek, a bit of fun, but I don't think it's as far your way as you think it is.
Football was struggling hugely in the 80s. Even early 90s I was at top flight QPR games with about 11-12000 people there.
TV basically couldn't give a monkey's about fans before Sky, giving us one game a week if we were lucky, and even then it was always Liverpool. Sky rightly realised people wanted to watch more football on telly.
Fans got completely intoxicated by sugar daddies and the idea of them, to say they didn't is absurd. Not *ALL* fans of course, but plenty did (still do).
Was competitive?

80s champions:
Liverpool
Villa
Liverpool
Liverpool
Liverpool
Everton
Liverpool
Everton
Liverpool
Arsenal
Liverpool

7 in 11. The more things change...

The Liverpool team of the late 70s and 80s were an extremely well-run club who made astute signings, often from the lower leagues; they weren't an oil state. Just look at the top three in each of those seasons - football was far more competitive, arguably to an extent even through the 90s (Alex Ferguson being a genius) and it was only with the dodgy Russian money coming in that things became truly dull.

79/80 Liverpool, Man Utd, Ipswich
80/81 Aston Villa, Ipswich, Arsenal
81/82 Liverpool, Ipswich, Man Utd
82/83 Liverpool, Watford, Man Utd
83/84 Liverpool, Southampton, N Forest
84/85 Everton, Liverpool, Spurs
85/86 Liverpool, Everton, West Ham
86/87 Everton, Liverpool, Spurs
87/88 Liverpool, Man Utd, N Forest
88/89 Arsenal, Liverpool, N Forest
89/90 Liverpool, Aston Villa, Spurs
This Sky deal? on 10:36 - Aug 16 with 770 viewsBAWHoops

Did Sky Sports + for the Cambridge game.... it's just the red button coverage but with more games, nothing has really changed at all!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

This Sky deal? on 11:20 - Aug 16 with 651 viewsstantheman10

Maybe the 12.30 kick off issue should be broached with Government via a petition especially if they appoint a football regulator for which the bill has been reintroduced by Labour.
This Sky deal? on 17:43 - Aug 16 with 440 viewselnombre

This Sky deal? on 10:36 - Aug 16 by BAWHoops

Did Sky Sports + for the Cambridge game.... it's just the red button coverage but with more games, nothing has really changed at all!

Hmm, I'm not sure that is so:

Old red button: one camera, one (dismally unengaged, under-prepped, wiki page open on phone) commentator, no replays (old school: go for a wee, miss a goal, too bad).

SSP+: Multiple angles, two commentators, one of whom may actually have seen a football match before and one who isn't Andy Hinchcliffe, replays of key incidents.

Far from brilliant, but it is a huge step up in quality - add Gary Neville having a pop at Granit Xhaka and Jamie Mackie in the studio, and you're almost at BSB Squarial standard...
This Sky deal? on 18:12 - Aug 16 with 386 viewsLanhoop

Agreed, even though for me it's just based on the cup game this week, the camera work is already a massive step up on that automatic ball tracking camera they used on the red button. That was dreadful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024