Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rest of the Championship thread 11:07 - Aug 10 with 22167 viewsHunterhoop

Toyed with this idea last season. Shall we have a thread to discuss, comment on, cover the rest of the league? A place to discuss other teams’ results, performances, financial implosions, etc?

For example, last night, anyone catch either of the first two games? I didn’t. But somewhat surprised/worried Blackburn scored 4 given how they are meant to struggle. Was it Derby being utter sh*te?

Sounds like Preston are continuing in the same vein of being incredibly dull.

Clive, what do you think? Worth making a sticky? Might reduce the number of threads to manage.
Rest of the Championship thread on 20:05 - Aug 11 with 5823 viewsNorthernr

Plymouth everything we thought they would be and more...

Rest of the Championship thread on 20:16 - Aug 11 with 5780 viewsHunterhoop

Rest of the Championship thread on 20:05 - Aug 11 by Northernr

Plymouth everything we thought they would be and more...

Yeah, encouraging. They looked a shoe in for a relegation spot.

Oxford obviously started very well yesterday, as did Portsmouth. Preston and Cardiff might be getting nervous…
Rest of the Championship thread on 20:20 - Aug 11 with 5756 viewsrbee

Didn't Blackburn sign three strikers in one day last week? On that basis they should have scored four!
Rest of the Championship thread on 20:30 - Aug 11 with 5708 viewsNorthernr

Rest of the Championship thread on 20:20 - Aug 11 by rbee

Didn't Blackburn sign three strikers in one day last week? On that basis they should have scored four!

Derby were alarmingly bad.
Rest of the Championship thread on 20:39 - Aug 11 with 5659 viewsSpaceman_P

Rest of the Championship thread on 20:30 - Aug 11 by Northernr

Derby were alarmingly bad.

hopefully we can predict them and Plymouth as being utter pants this season and definitive drops with luck.

I was actually surprised by Oxfords result this weekend.
Rest of the Championship thread on 20:56 - Aug 11 with 5594 viewsHAYESBOY

T. Campbell gone to Sheff Utd.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Rest of the Championship thread on 20:57 - Aug 11 with 5581 viewsHayesender

I noticed both Armstrong and Willock were both taken off in their respective games

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Rest of the Championship thread on 21:13 - Aug 11 with 5550 viewseghamranger

Rest of the Championship thread on 20:57 - Aug 11 by Hayesender

I noticed both Armstrong and Willock were both taken off in their respective games

And Dozzell
Login to get fewer ads

Rest of the Championship thread on 21:36 - Aug 11 with 5465 viewsE17hoop

Rest of the Championship thread on 20:57 - Aug 11 by Hayesender

Armstrong managed 1 shot before he exited on 64.

Willock played on the left and cut in a la Chair.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Rest of the Championship thread on 21:41 - Aug 11 with 5437 viewsaston_hoop

Lets face it, Mick Beale is already sorting out the powerpoint and googling pubs in Plymouth

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Rest of the Championship thread on 09:39 - Aug 12 with 5128 viewsterryb

I channel hopped on Friday & saw some of yesterday's games. I found it difficult to decide who was worst out of Preston & Plymouth, with Derby trying to compete for the position. All three were far worse than we were!

The Japanese forward who came on for Blackburn looked like a good signing.
Rest of the Championship thread on 10:06 - Aug 12 with 5022 viewsLoyalitat

Rest of the Championship thread on 21:36 - Aug 11 by E17hoop

Armstrong managed 1 shot before he exited on 64.

Willock played on the left and cut in a la Chair.

The heavily edited highlights I saw, included Willock creating two opportunities; one resulting in his occupying up to three defenders before a good left foot shot of his was blocked by one of the defenders and his left-footed cross led to a chance for Robinson, who connected weakly with his left foot. That's two more than we created on Saturday by way of an individual actually taking on defenders and having an end product.

Hopefully the names mentioned as possible replacements are signed in the not too distant future, as they are desperately needed.
[Post edited 12 Aug 10:31]
Rest of the Championship thread on 10:29 - Aug 12 with 4951 viewsSuperhoop83

Rest of the Championship thread on 10:06 - Aug 12 by Loyalitat

The heavily edited highlights I saw, included Willock creating two opportunities; one resulting in his occupying up to three defenders before a good left foot shot of his was blocked by one of the defenders and his left-footed cross led to a chance for Robinson, who connected weakly with his left foot. That's two more than we created on Saturday by way of an individual actually taking on defenders and having an end product.

Hopefully the names mentioned as possible replacements are signed in the not too distant future, as they are desperately needed.
[Post edited 12 Aug 10:31]

Willock absolutely had to go, but I really think we'll miss him.

Suffering since 1978.

Rest of the Championship thread on 11:15 - Aug 12 with 4880 viewsaston_hoop

Rest of the Championship thread on 09:39 - Aug 12 by terryb

I channel hopped on Friday & saw some of yesterday's games. I found it difficult to decide who was worst out of Preston & Plymouth, with Derby trying to compete for the position. All three were far worse than we were!

The Japanese forward who came on for Blackburn looked like a good signing.

Funny you should mention Preston....rumours up there that Ryan Lowe is the first manager to go! Already!

Rest of the Championship thread on 11:20 - Aug 12 with 4857 viewsaston_hoop

Rest of the Championship thread on 11:15 - Aug 12 by aston_hoop

Funny you should mention Preston....rumours up there that Ryan Lowe is the first manager to go! Already!

Yep

Rest of the Championship thread on 11:21 - Aug 12 with 4855 viewsNorthernr

Ryan Lowe gone at Preston.
Rest of the Championship thread on 11:24 - Aug 12 with 4823 viewsSnipper

Rest of the Championship thread on 11:20 - Aug 12 by aston_hoop

Yep

Was there a board meeting last week where they decided to give him the first game?

I’ve never heard of a manager being sacked 1 game into a season.
Rest of the Championship thread on 11:37 - Aug 12 with 4766 viewsHunterhoop

Absolutely farcical to give him the whole pre-season and then sack him after 1 game against a side relegated from the Prem with parachute money.

Tells me there is so muddled thinking at PNE and a complete lack of strategy. Surely a big candidate for the drop. No guarantee the new manager improves them.
Rest of the Championship thread on 12:09 - Aug 12 with 4670 viewsHoopsie

Charlie Kelman scored for Orient in their home loss to Bolton

Nice to know one of our strikers did find the net albeit not for the parent club

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Rest of the Championship thread on 13:30 - Aug 12 with 4508 viewsNorthernr

Rest of the Championship thread on 11:37 - Aug 12 by Hunterhoop

Absolutely farcical to give him the whole pre-season and then sack him after 1 game against a side relegated from the Prem with parachute money.

Tells me there is so muddled thinking at PNE and a complete lack of strategy. Surely a big candidate for the drop. No guarantee the new manager improves them.

It's obviously been coming for months as well, as we called in our season preview.
Rest of the Championship thread on 13:32 - Aug 12 with 4493 viewsdaveB

Risdale was just on Sky and said he pretty much resigned on Sunday and said he couldn't take it forward anymore
Rest of the Championship thread on 19:47 - Aug 12 with 4190 viewsWatford_Ranger

Only got a quick glimpse but it looked like Scott Parker is wearing a leather jacket. Two ridiculously strong sides for the league on paper.
Rest of the Championship thread on 20:04 - Aug 12 with 4150 viewsHunterhoop

Rest of the Championship thread on 13:32 - Aug 12 by daveB

Risdale was just on Sky and said he pretty much resigned on Sunday and said he couldn't take it forward anymore

If he’s resigned, that’s poor form. For the good of the club, and fans, he should have walked before pre-season. He can’t have suddenly thought, I can’t do this.

Hopefully Preston do struggle. They need to drop at some point. Endlessly dull, shithousing side.
Rest of the Championship thread on 20:13 - Aug 12 with 4124 viewsHayesender

Let's be honest, there's a lot of us who would have quite gladly seen Ainsworth sacked after the first game last season. In fact, I don't think they'd have been too many complaints had he gone after the Oxford game the week before the season

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Rest of the Championship thread on 20:47 - Aug 12 with 4020 viewsFrankRightguard

Rest of the Championship thread on 20:04 - Aug 12 by Hunterhoop

If he’s resigned, that’s poor form. For the good of the club, and fans, he should have walked before pre-season. He can’t have suddenly thought, I can’t do this.

Hopefully Preston do struggle. They need to drop at some point. Endlessly dull, shithousing side.

Apparently the post announcing his departure was liked by Alan Browne and his good lady wife. Read into that what you will. Always comes across as a bit of a bell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024