Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rest of the Championship thread 11:07 - Aug 10 with 27027 viewsHunterhoop

Toyed with this idea last season. Shall we have a thread to discuss, comment on, cover the rest of the league? A place to discuss other teams’ results, performances, financial implosions, etc?

For example, last night, anyone catch either of the first two games? I didn’t. But somewhat surprised/worried Blackburn scored 4 given how they are meant to struggle. Was it Derby being utter sh*te?

Sounds like Preston are continuing in the same vein of being incredibly dull.

Clive, what do you think? Worth making a sticky? Might reduce the number of threads to manage.
Rest of the Championship thread on 21:13 - Aug 12 with 4644 viewsjoolsyp

Burnley deservedly 2-0 up at Luton. Luton make West Brom players look like midgets.
Rest of the Championship thread on 21:17 - Aug 12 with 4622 viewsenfieldargh

Stoke have done some family housekeeping wiping off any debt the club owed to whoever.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cq5x5e2573qo

Expect them to keep signing players.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Rest of the Championship thread on 21:36 - Aug 12 with 4551 viewsjoolsyp

3-1 Burnley now. With their talent I reckon I could be in charge and still get them promoted. Plus I have better hair than Scotty.
Rest of the Championship thread on 21:45 - Aug 12 with 4516 viewsHAYESBOY

4-1 up now. We have moved up another place. By the end of the week we will be top!

Smells like a trout farm in here

Rest of the Championship thread on 07:38 - Aug 13 with 4242 viewsEastR

Rest of the Championship thread on 21:17 - Aug 12 by enfieldargh

Stoke have done some family housekeeping wiping off any debt the club owed to whoever.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cq5x5e2573qo

Expect them to keep signing players.

When restrictions come on betting advertising on shirts - stadiums etc it wouldn't fly to be owed by a betting company they're getting ahead of those

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Rest of the Championship thread on 08:22 - Aug 13 with 4175 viewsBurnleyhoop

Rest of the Championship thread on 21:13 - Aug 12 by joolsyp

Burnley deservedly 2-0 up at Luton. Luton make West Brom players look like midgets.

The contrast in styles is bonkers. Luton just could not handle the pace and movement of a really fluid Burnley side. They are everything we are not, we just look ponderous and slow in comparison.

Koloesho on the left wing was just fantastic, never stopped running in both attack and defence but cramped up on 60 minutes, which was hardly surprising after the shift he put in.

I hope our lot watched the game. A timid, passive approach will not win the day.

Burnley will walk this league again based on that performance and we have a long long way to go to get anywhere near that level.
Rest of the Championship thread on 08:34 - Aug 13 with 4154 viewsQPROslo

Rest of the Championship thread on 08:22 - Aug 13 by Burnleyhoop

The contrast in styles is bonkers. Luton just could not handle the pace and movement of a really fluid Burnley side. They are everything we are not, we just look ponderous and slow in comparison.

Koloesho on the left wing was just fantastic, never stopped running in both attack and defence but cramped up on 60 minutes, which was hardly surprising after the shift he put in.

I hope our lot watched the game. A timid, passive approach will not win the day.

Burnley will walk this league again based on that performance and we have a long long way to go to get anywhere near that level.

I dunno, our tactics worked pretty well last time we were up there.... Plus a very lucky afternoon.
Rest of the Championship thread on 08:44 - Aug 13 with 4110 viewsBurnleyhoop

Rest of the Championship thread on 08:34 - Aug 13 by QPROslo

I dunno, our tactics worked pretty well last time we were up there.... Plus a very lucky afternoon.

Burnley were seriously over complacent that day and to say we were lucky is something of an understatement. Loved every minute of though 🤣😜
Login to get fewer ads

Rest of the Championship thread on 10:13 - Aug 13 with 3906 viewsLoyalitat

Rest of the Championship thread on 08:22 - Aug 13 by Burnleyhoop

You may be right about Burnley walking the league, but the one thing that's certain about the championship, is it's unpredictability and the fact that fancied teams like Burnley can be beaten by the also-rans. I don't see them in the same light as Leicester from last season and of course there's Scott Parker.

They looked good, but it was mentioned in commentary that they may lose some players by the close of the transfer window.
[Post edited 13 Aug 10:14]
Rest of the Championship thread on 20:24 - Aug 14 with 3627 viewsHunterhoop

Looking ahead to a week Saturday. Watching a bit of the Plymouth Cheltenham game. In possession they look tidy at times, Plymouth. But they look soft as sh*t physically. Getting bullied off the ball a lot. Get into this lot properly with a high press and I think they’ll fold.
Rest of the Championship thread on 21:22 - Aug 14 with 3593 viewsnix

Leeds - 2-0 down to Middlesbrough. Looking terrible atm. Middlesbrough looking good on the other hand.
Rest of the Championship thread on 21:28 - Aug 14 with 3587 viewsnix

Now 3-0 down. Leeds all over the shop.
Rest of the Championship thread on 21:37 - Aug 14 with 3532 viewsLoyalitat

I think there'll be a few enquiries from championship sides for Josh Coburn. Not deemed good enough by Middlesbrough, as they are about to sign Tommy Conway, but he's talented. Good movement, has pace and a physical presence. He's just 21 with huge scope for improvement with increased game time elsewhere.
[Post edited 14 Aug 21:41]
Rest of the Championship thread on 21:37 - Aug 14 with 3557 viewsderbyhoop

Rest of the Championship thread on 11:21 - Aug 12 by Northernr

Ryan Lowe gone at Preston.

Sounds like he resigned rather than being sacked. Very odd.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rest of the Championship thread on 22:16 - Aug 14 with 3483 viewsMrSheen

Rest of the Championship thread on 21:37 - Aug 14 by Loyalitat

I think there'll be a few enquiries from championship sides for Josh Coburn. Not deemed good enough by Middlesbrough, as they are about to sign Tommy Conway, but he's talented. Good movement, has pace and a physical presence. He's just 21 with huge scope for improvement with increased game time elsewhere.
[Post edited 14 Aug 21:41]

Did he score against Spurs a while back? Quick and clever and a good finisher, on the basis very little.
Rest of the Championship thread on 01:01 - Aug 15 with 3364 viewsDavieQPR

The Champions of Europe, the mighty Sky Red Bull Leeds have only won two of their last eleven competitive games.
Rest of the Championship thread on 13:56 - Aug 15 with 3044 viewsNorthernr

Rest of the Championship thread on 01:01 - Aug 15 by DavieQPR

The Champions of Europe, the mighty Sky Red Bull Leeds have only won two of their last eleven competitive games.

If you fancy a good laugh...

Rest of the Championship thread on 14:54 - Aug 15 with 2919 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Rest of the Championship thread on 13:56 - Aug 15 by Northernr

If you fancy a good laugh...

A bit entitled. 😂
Rest of the Championship thread on 10:01 - Aug 16 with 2528 viewsBurnleyhoop

Rest of the Championship thread on 10:13 - Aug 13 by Loyalitat

You may be right about Burnley walking the league, but the one thing that's certain about the championship, is it's unpredictability and the fact that fancied teams like Burnley can be beaten by the also-rans. I don't see them in the same light as Leicester from last season and of course there's Scott Parker.

They looked good, but it was mentioned in commentary that they may lose some players by the close of the transfer window.
[Post edited 13 Aug 10:14]

And with complete irony…..have just signed Ronaldinho’s son from Barcelona 😳
Rest of the Championship thread on 12:07 - Aug 16 with 2329 viewsNorthernr

Another £40m banked by Burnley with £10m in add ons for a 19 year old they paid £3m for 12 months ago. Sick.
Rest of the Championship thread on 13:43 - Aug 16 with 2100 viewsHunterhoop

It’ll be a spectacular failure if Parker can’t get them up.

Although, the Sheff Utd fan in the preview seems incredibly confident. Perhaps Leeds will finish outside the top 2 and choke again.
Rest of the Championship thread on 14:01 - Aug 16 with 2027 viewsNorthernr

Rest of the Championship thread on 13:43 - Aug 16 by Hunterhoop

It’ll be a spectacular failure if Parker can’t get them up.

Although, the Sheff Utd fan in the preview seems incredibly confident. Perhaps Leeds will finish outside the top 2 and choke again.

TBF, that same Sheff Utd fan had them bottom half when we spoke to him a fortnight ago for the season preview.

Long way to go yet, even to the end of the transfer window never mind the season.
Rest of the Championship thread on 14:22 - Aug 16 with 1926 viewsMrSheen

Szmodics szigns for Ipszwics. £9m plus add ons.
Rest of the Championship thread on 14:25 - Aug 16 with 1904 viewsDoudou87

Rest of the Championship thread on 12:07 - Aug 16 by Northernr

Another £40m banked by Burnley with £10m in add ons for a 19 year old they paid £3m for 12 months ago. Sick.

Wouldn't be surprised if Koleosho goes for a similar amount! Thought out of the two he looked more promising.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Rest of the Championship thread on 13:07 - Aug 17 with 1499 viewsMrSheen

Second yellow card for Luton’s keeper at Portsmouth. The second was for a horrible double foul way outside his area. The first was for time wasting after 25 minutes…when it was the full back dithering over the short goal kick not him. Very strange.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024