Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things I Noted from Yesterday 20:00 - Jan 29 with 2018 viewsSaintNick

1. After watching the Perraud Free kick, although it was a well hit shot it was a poor free kick, it was straight at the wall, which luckily didn't stand its ground as it should have and it went straight through the gap in the middle.

2, Although I don't think Perraud is the new JWP, he started and finished a superb move for his second goal.

3. Agency stewards are once again useless and just stand there, with half the crowd not knowing where they are going it was frustrating to see the stewards not even knowing basics like the block number they were stewarding and the general direction of seat numbering. In the event of an emergency their presence would be counter productive as they would just get in the way

4. Given the well publicised issues in the Northam/Itchen corner, why were the Blackpool fans squeezed into the corner next to the Itchen and not put into the middle of the away section

5. Cup fever was well and truly missing

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 20:18 - Jan 29 with 1978 viewsSouthamptonfan

1. St Mary's is dead with so many empty seats everywhere and a poor away following.
2. The agency stewards really are hopeless and dopy.
3. The music and bar outside the Kingsland is great I think. On a hot day at the end of the season, some UB40 and some beers would be good.
4. There is a sign by each turnstile that says away fans will be removed, but the dopy stewards wouldn't notice if they were walking in.
5. I saw two Saints fans wearing an orange hat on the day we played Blackpool. I haven't seen orange hats before.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 20:18]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 20:21 - Jan 29 with 1966 viewsSaintNick

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 20:18 - Jan 29 by Southamptonfan

1. St Mary's is dead with so many empty seats everywhere and a poor away following.
2. The agency stewards really are hopeless and dopy.
3. The music and bar outside the Kingsland is great I think. On a hot day at the end of the season, some UB40 and some beers would be good.
4. There is a sign by each turnstile that says away fans will be removed, but the dopy stewards wouldn't notice if they were walking in.
5. I saw two Saints fans wearing an orange hat on the day we played Blackpool. I haven't seen orange hats before.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 20:18]

A mate of mine always wears a bright orange coat to Saints games, he wore it yesterday and wasn't questioned, I would say that most of the stewards were not aware that their home colours are Tangerine as they played in their away strip.

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 20:23 - Jan 29 with 1959 viewsSouthamptonfan

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 20:21 - Jan 29 by SaintNick

A mate of mine always wears a bright orange coat to Saints games, he wore it yesterday and wasn't questioned, I would say that most of the stewards were not aware that their home colours are Tangerine as they played in their away strip.

A lot of away fans wore orange hats though in the away end on a cold day, so that may have given them a hint.

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 20:49 - Jan 29 with 1904 viewsNinja9

ST Marys will never give much of an advantage to home fans due to the way its set up with away fans taking up a lot of the Northam . Until that changes , and i doubt it will , it wont be any better . Even season ticket holders have to move for some cup games that gives even more of the Northam to away fans . How can that help with the support the home fans are trying to give . Im old school and back in the day you had home fans one end and away fans the other end . That created a far better atmosphere than you ever get today .
Things I Noted from Yesterday on 20:49 - Jan 29 with 1903 viewsButty101

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 20:23 - Jan 29 by Southamptonfan

A lot of away fans wore orange hats though in the away end on a cold day, so that may have given them a hint.

I took my youngest daughter for the 2nd time and she enjoyed it. Although it might of been the sweets at half time and the hotdog afterwards.
We were sat in the stand near the away supporters who I thought were good. Any way when we scored the first I watched as a 5 year old girl ran to the away supporters and was giving it assorts. Parents of the year ffs

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 00:05 - Jan 30 with 1745 viewsSouthamptonfan

This was against Newcastle.
https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-footage-emerges-of-southampton-and-newcastle-fans-
Away fans in the home sections. It happens most games now.

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 10:32 - Jan 30 with 1383 viewsgrumpy

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 00:05 - Jan 30 by Southamptonfan

This was against Newcastle.
https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-footage-emerges-of-southampton-and-newcastle-fans-
Away fans in the home sections. It happens most games now.

I remember a time when away and home fans could stand together.
Things I Noted from Yesterday on 10:40 - Jan 30 with 1360 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 10:32 - Jan 30 by grumpy

Yup

There were a few of us Saints in the Man Utd end in the 1963 Semi Final game at Villa Park

It was a bit odd as we were sold tickets for the away end from Saints ticket Office whilst the majority of Saints fans were in the Holte End.

Wasnt a problem for us though as most of the Utd fans in those days were from Manchester and no hooligan type wannabees from various parts of the country.
Login to get fewer ads

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 15:27 - Jan 30 with 1169 viewsBridders2

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 10:40 - Jan 30 by SouthSeaSaint

Yup

There were a few of us Saints in the Man Utd end in the 1963 Semi Final game at Villa Park

It was a bit odd as we were sold tickets for the away end from Saints ticket Office whilst the majority of Saints fans were in the Holte End.

Wasnt a problem for us though as most of the Utd fans in those days were from Manchester and no hooligan type wannabees from various parts of the country.

That girl Saints fan in the pink top is getting proper stuck in!
Things I Noted from Yesterday on 16:39 - Jan 30 with 1098 viewsGasGiant

Was that at the Ageas Bowl?
Things I Noted from Yesterday on 17:18 - Jan 30 with 1063 viewsgrumpy

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 20:49 - Jan 29 by Ninja9

ST Marys will never give much of an advantage to home fans due to the way its set up with away fans taking up a lot of the Northam . Until that changes , and i doubt it will , it wont be any better . Even season ticket holders have to move for some cup games that gives even more of the Northam to away fans . How can that help with the support the home fans are trying to give . Im old school and back in the day you had home fans one end and away fans the other end . That created a far better atmosphere than you ever get today .

St. Marys is not home fan friendly.
Until the club gives its most vocal fans their own complete end we will always struggle to have an advantage.
I have said this time and time again but the same old arguments against it keep it from happening.
I am just glad I spent my youth at the Dell,where it was a small but atmospheric and intimidating place to go.

[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 17:27]
Things I Noted from Yesterday on 21:22 - Jan 30 with 934 viewsSaintNick

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 17:18 - Jan 30 by grumpy

St. Marys is not home fan friendly.
Until the club gives its most vocal fans their own complete end we will always struggle to have an advantage.
I have said this time and time again but the same old arguments against it keep it from happening.
I am just glad I spent my youth at the Dell,where it was a small but atmospheric and intimidating place to go.

[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 17:27]

Without sounding repetitive, the club has given the fans their own complete end, they just choose not to use it and lets not forget and a large chunk of fans prefer to go in the Itchen rather than the Northam which is rarely sold out these days

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 21:32 - Jan 30 with 911 viewsSouthamptonfan

People had respect in those days. They didn't tend to jump up and down and cheer in the home fans face. The Newcastle fans were in the home end, taking the p!ss and they weren't from Newcastle. They arn't quiet or respectful. Ofcourse it upsets the home support. Glory hunting, attention seeking tw@ts with no respect.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 21:39]

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 21:38 - Jan 30 with 894 viewsgrumpy

Things I Noted from Yesterday on 21:22 - Jan 30 by SaintNick

Without sounding repetitive, the club has given the fans their own complete end, they just choose not to use it and lets not forget and a large chunk of fans prefer to go in the Itchen rather than the Northam which is rarely sold out these days

You say we have been given our own end.
I don't remember when St. Marys was built the club making it clear that was so.
Subsequently fans just went where they wanted.
I'm not surprised Northam is rarely sold out these days,when there is a big away following expected they are told to move.
Haven't the Itchen fans been moved some?
Next season I would like to see the Northam a home end and move the away fans,somewhere I don't care,put them on the roof I really don't care.
Our fans should have priority not get moved about to accommodate away fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024