Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Political Threads 18:29 - Nov 13 with 14785 viewsessextaxiboy

After reading Clives post in the "horse thread " I wonder if we should have a think about whether we should have political type threads on here . Although we all support the Rs its obvious we dont share politics and we wont change our views on much.
I dont want to lose Clive from running the site , its streets ahead of anything else . Its a big part of my Rangers life ..I know this is a bit rich from me after Brexit but what does everyone think ?
[Post edited 13 Nov 2016 18:30]
Political Threads on 12:07 - Nov 14 with 2872 viewsJAPRANGERS

Political threads always seem to descend into the abyss. Because of the vast difference of opinions and the the need for some to always be right and have the last word, it will always be so. Better if they weren't permitted so to keep the peace on this amazing site.

LFW is one of the best sites in the known Universe and we would all like Clive to keep doing his amazing work which we all highly appreciate. So if you feel like going all political, count to 10, have a cold shower and the feeling will pass init??

To Clive and LFW
Political Threads on 12:08 - Nov 14 with 2867 viewsHooped_Pullie

Personally, I'd be very happy to see LFW restricted to QPR and football : there are thousands and thousands of places out there on the web where you can vent your spleen about Trump, Brexit, Momentum, Corbyn and all the rest of it - want to do so, then go there.

As regards moderating, well, would love to, but sadly don't have the time (cue someone who says you weren't being asked !)

Regardless of how it pans out, though, I'll still be here and nowhere else. It's the best place to be, and yes, Clive has a lot to do with that.
Political Threads on 12:12 - Nov 14 with 2851 viewspaulparker

Political Threads on 12:01 - Nov 14 by Northernr

I refer you to E17's guide from higher up the thread...

If you're beered up, then it's probably not the right time to post.

If you wouldn't say it to someone without the likelihood of them lamping you, then it's probably not the right time to post.

If the Mail or Guardian would use your comment as an example of the left/right wing malaise, then it's probably not the right time to post.

I think we are all guilty of saying a few things when we have had a beer or two , that I agree with and something ive been guilty of myself especially on the travellers thread

the problem with political threads is that emotions run high and that wont ever change
same as threads about terrorists, paedophiles etc , someone will always get upset or take offense ,
we are best off knocking it on the head because 9 times out of ten it gets closed down anyway ,
lets just stick to threads about football, beer, music, woman, curries and getting the sh1ts because that's something we all have in common is it not

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Political Threads on 12:30 - Nov 14 with 2825 viewsTHEBUSH

I think any Political threads should be a maximum of 100 words or probably less.

Why some fans think they need to write stuff equivalent to 'War and Peace' is beyond me, headache
Political Threads on 12:38 - Nov 14 with 2809 viewsTacticalR

Political Threads on 12:30 - Nov 14 by THEBUSH

I think any Political threads should be a maximum of 100 words or probably less.

Why some fans think they need to write stuff equivalent to 'War and Peace' is beyond me, headache

That's a good point.

It's actually pretty hard to say something in a short and simple way.

Air hostess clique

Political Threads on 12:48 - Nov 14 with 2786 viewsLongsufferingR

Political Threads on 12:38 - Nov 14 by TacticalR

That's a good point.

No it isn't
Political Threads on 13:02 - Nov 14 with 2748 viewsTacticalR

Political Threads on 12:48 - Nov 14 by LongsufferingR

No it isn't

Perhaps not for economical souls such as yourself LongsufferingR.

Air hostess clique

Political Threads on 13:12 - Nov 14 with 2729 viewsjohncharles

Political Threads on 12:48 - Nov 14 by LongsufferingR

No it isn't

Facist.

But seriously folks, whenever I see a big block of type that looks like the Book of Genesis, I just ignore it

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Political Threads on 15:26 - Nov 14 with 2603 viewsBoston

Political Threads on 13:12 - Nov 14 by johncharles

Facist.

But seriously folks, whenever I see a big block of type that looks like the Book of Genesis, I just ignore it

Wiv ya all the way Johnny, that Phil Collins is a right chunt.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Political Threads on 16:00 - Nov 14 with 2576 viewseasthertsr

Agree with Clive Anderson for the first time ever!. You can pretty well see from its title that a thread is a political one. If you don't like them , don't read them!
[Post edited 14 Nov 2016 16:02]
Political Threads on 18:48 - Nov 14 with 2484 viewsdistortR

Political Threads on 12:38 - Nov 14 by TacticalR

That's a good point.

Bollox.

It's what the word was invented for.
Political Threads on 19:46 - Nov 14 with 2435 viewsOakR

Hi Clive

I don't know how hard this is to do on this site, but on a couple of other forums I'm on they have done the following:

1. Separate area for politics religious contentious issues
2. Are is opt in, you don't see the threads if you don't opt in
3. A small minority of the forum engage in 'debates' that everyone else is free from seeing, I also think it doesn't show up when searching the forum in google etc.
4. A team of mods to help
5. Simply closing down threads (as opposed to deleting them) when the threads are progressing no further. People can then see a similar thread existed and a new one can't be opened.

There are many good posters on here who would appear to make good mods - I think appointing some would be the best way to go even if you do nothing else above.

People should be able to discuss things sensibly, but this and every other forum I've been on suggests some moderation is always needed - the written word, without the facial experessions from face to face contact - often gets misconstrued.

The current political climate is not one of common ground, more polar forces, it should be a great time to debate but conflict appears inevitable. More mods can pull threads back from the abyss before they get out of hand, without interrupting you all day.

Any my thoughts.

Good luck and thanks for the great reports and analysis over the years.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Political Threads on 20:38 - Nov 14 with 2392 viewsrunningman75

I think a healthy political debate is fine as long as people deal with it like adults. I have a friend who voted leave and a few people defriended him on Facebook and stopped talking to him in real life. I voted remain and will stick to my opinion. I do not want my social circle to be all Guardian readers mind and enjoy having a pint with him and talking about life whether football, women or politics. He supports Spurs so we both share a dislike of Chelski.
Political Threads on 21:33 - Nov 14 with 2354 viewsjohncharles

Political Threads on 19:46 - Nov 14 by OakR

Hi Clive

I don't know how hard this is to do on this site, but on a couple of other forums I'm on they have done the following:

1. Separate area for politics religious contentious issues
2. Are is opt in, you don't see the threads if you don't opt in
3. A small minority of the forum engage in 'debates' that everyone else is free from seeing, I also think it doesn't show up when searching the forum in google etc.
4. A team of mods to help
5. Simply closing down threads (as opposed to deleting them) when the threads are progressing no further. People can then see a similar thread existed and a new one can't be opened.

There are many good posters on here who would appear to make good mods - I think appointing some would be the best way to go even if you do nothing else above.

People should be able to discuss things sensibly, but this and every other forum I've been on suggests some moderation is always needed - the written word, without the facial experessions from face to face contact - often gets misconstrued.

The current political climate is not one of common ground, more polar forces, it should be a great time to debate but conflict appears inevitable. More mods can pull threads back from the abyss before they get out of hand, without interrupting you all day.

Any my thoughts.

Good luck and thanks for the great reports and analysis over the years.

Sounds like being back at school. LFW is more like being down the pub.

Political Threads on 21:39 - Nov 14 with 2345 viewsFredManRave

Political Threads on 21:33 - Nov 14 by johncharles

*You're round!

*No need to post loftinoz I've done it on perpose.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Political Threads on 21:56 - Nov 14 with 2322 viewsOakR

Political Threads on 21:33 - Nov 14 by johncharles

School's back for..ermm... winter

All I can say is it's worked well on other forums I have seen. More mods would help Clive and keep things in check. If everyone behaves they have nothing to do.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Political Threads on 22:10 - Nov 14 with 2297 viewsdistortR

Expect to see a group of middle-aged QPR supporters with continuous access to computers walking round, singing "We are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are we are the mods".

'kin penguins.
Political Threads on 22:48 - Nov 14 with 2264 viewsjohncharles

Political Threads on 12:12 - Nov 14 by paulparker

I think we are all guilty of saying a few things when we have had a beer or two , that I agree with and something ive been guilty of myself especially on the travellers thread

the problem with political threads is that emotions run high and that wont ever change
same as threads about terrorists, paedophiles etc , someone will always get upset or take offense ,
we are best off knocking it on the head because 9 times out of ten it gets closed down anyway ,
lets just stick to threads about football, beer, music, woman, curries and getting the sh1ts because that's something we all have in common is it not

I've known some very common women.

Political Threads on 22:57 - Nov 14 with 2249 viewsFredManRave

Political Threads on 22:10 - Nov 14 by distortR

Expect to see a group of middle-aged QPR supporters with continuous access to computers walking round, singing "We are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are we are the mods".

'kin penguins.

That's just it. Look. I don't wanna be the same as everybody else on here.
That's why I wanna be a moderator, see? I mean, you gotta be somebody, aint ya or you might as well jump in the sea and drown.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Political Threads on 05:44 - Nov 15 with 2181 viewsdistortR

Political Threads on 22:57 - Nov 14 by FredManRave

That's just it. Look. I don't wanna be the same as everybody else on here.
That's why I wanna be a moderator, see? I mean, you gotta be somebody, aint ya or you might as well jump in the sea and drown.

Well, i don't want to be the same as Karl, buy according to some on here..........
Political Threads on 08:16 - Nov 15 with 2148 viewsDorse

I think the answer is to get SoG to moderate all threads that contain unhealthy levels of hope. If nobody hoped for anything then we'd all agree that we're in a perpetual state of undefcukability. No more arguments.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Political Threads on 10:17 - Nov 15 with 2100 viewsrobith

Political Threads on 08:16 - Nov 15 by Dorse

I think the answer is to get SoG to moderate all threads that contain unhealthy levels of hope. If nobody hoped for anything then we'd all agree that we're in a perpetual state of undefcukability. No more arguments.

SoG stopped posting and we all started tearing each other apart. Coincidence?

She was the great unifier bringing us all together in common cause
Political Threads on 11:33 - Nov 15 with 2057 viewsBklynRanger

If I may interject with a practical musing, Clive painted a very vivid picture of the interruption to his culinary endeavours at a local brasserie this past Saturday evening.

If that's what the report button does maybe people just shouldn't use the thing? Take it out to the cobblestones mano a mano like I do.
Political Threads on 11:44 - Nov 15 with 2041 viewsisawqpratwcity

Political Threads on 11:33 - Nov 15 by BklynRanger

If I may interject with a practical musing, Clive painted a very vivid picture of the interruption to his culinary endeavours at a local brasserie this past Saturday evening.

If that's what the report button does maybe people just shouldn't use the thing? Take it out to the cobblestones mano a mano like I do.

I have GOT to post this....Grauniad haters beware!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/nov/14/john-oliver-trump-wins-elec

“Our president-elect has, at various times, said he would bomb civilians, loot oil and waterboard, which isn’t a military strategy so much as the series of words that Donald Rumsfeld mutters so he can stay hard while he’s masturbating,”

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Political Threads on 13:23 - Nov 16 with 2658 viewsCliff

Political Threads on 19:17 - Nov 13 by stevec

Agree Boston, I know what you're saying.

Trouble is, there's been a lot of excellent contributors on here, I won't name them, who've had enough of the abuse they get from the leftie crowd on here, the reporting to Clive and have either fcked off to other sites or just come on here to read now.

I'm not going anywhere till Clive kicks me off, but this needs to be said and out in the open. Who are the cnts who go running off to Sir, like you I can have a guess but they're fckin off some top lads who used to be on here.

I'm a leftie and I can assure you the opposition are not shy of insults themselves.

PS I've only just found the report button!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024