Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Political Threads 18:29 - Nov 13 with 14786 viewsessextaxiboy

After reading Clives post in the "horse thread " I wonder if we should have a think about whether we should have political type threads on here . Although we all support the Rs its obvious we dont share politics and we wont change our views on much.
I dont want to lose Clive from running the site , its streets ahead of anything else . Its a big part of my Rangers life ..I know this is a bit rich from me after Brexit but what does everyone think ?
[Post edited 13 Nov 2016 18:30]
Political Threads on 21:46 - Nov 13 with 2742 viewsNorthernr

Political Threads on 21:42 - Nov 13 by CiderwithRsie

The thing about political threads here is that you've hit the nail on the head in this post.

I could easily find a place to talk politics with people who think just like me, or I could find a place where everyone disagrees with me and I could wind them all up, if I wanted to be a prize c*nt.

But here I can find a political discussion with a bunch of people whose political views are completely random, whose experiences of life are equally random. And if it turns out that I think they are being complete tw@ts on the politics I may remember that they are totally sound on the question of whether or not Karl Henry should be in the side, or that they may have been a few yards away from me and doing their nut while watching Michael Robinson's shot loop over Eddie Niedzwiecki for what seemed like 15 minutes, and that should stop me from calling them a complete tw@t even if I think they are one.

It'd be a shame to lose that. But sometimes we all need to get a grip and ask ourselves if we are being pillocks. I'm sure I have at some point(s) (and no, I don't want you to tell me when it was.) It shouldn't need Clive to have to deal with that, we're all grown ups.

This.
Political Threads on 21:48 - Nov 13 with 2732 viewsLongsufferingR

Political Threads on 18:52 - Nov 13 by stevec

I'm all for getting rid of the political threads but I am not so sure the Momentum boys will be quite so keen.

Incidentally, I can categorically state that I never have and never would 'report' anyone to Clive, who the fck does that kind of thing?

Blimey, five posts in and already somebody has to give a further example of how to head towards getting a thread deleted. It's not about left or right, it's about being grown up and respecting the fact that everybody has a different opinion.
Political Threads on 22:12 - Nov 13 with 2683 viewsconnell10

Political Threads on 19:17 - Nov 13 by stevec

Agree Boston, I know what you're saying.

Trouble is, there's been a lot of excellent contributors on here, I won't name them, who've had enough of the abuse they get from the leftie crowd on here, the reporting to Clive and have either fcked off to other sites or just come on here to read now.

I'm not going anywhere till Clive kicks me off, but this needs to be said and out in the open. Who are the cnts who go running off to Sir, like you I can have a guess but they're fckin off some top lads who used to be on here.

Leftie crowd?? and so it starts again!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Political Threads on 22:13 - Nov 13 with 2676 viewsconnell10

Political Threads on 21:48 - Nov 13 by LongsufferingR

Blimey, five posts in and already somebody has to give a further example of how to head towards getting a thread deleted. It's not about left or right, it's about being grown up and respecting the fact that everybody has a different opinion.

Spot on mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Political Threads on 22:37 - Nov 13 with 2631 viewsMonkey_Roots

I used to post on a boxing board that had multiple admins and moderators, it worked.

I'm AMAZED that it's just Clive running this isht.

Clive, find yourself 3 or 4 sensible lads to help you out, that would be willing to pitch in - DaveB would be a shoe in for one of those spots, then maybe Dorse? Disco? or a couple of others who are on here day in, day out?

Just a suggestion, not saying the board is suffering as a result of it just being you, just that you could do with some support now and again.

I also support the sentiment that you should exercise some restraint when taking to a specific poster - picture every lfw member as a Frankenstein amalgamation of Duran, Hagler and Hearns and respond appropriately.
Political Threads on 22:48 - Nov 13 with 2602 viewsBoston

Political Threads on 21:45 - Nov 13 by Hoop_Du_Jour

I think he should have some help with moderation. Who would make a good moderater here???

The Modfather?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Political Threads on 23:26 - Nov 13 with 2553 viewskensalriser

Political Threads on 22:48 - Nov 13 by Boston

The Modfather?

Rockers might not be happy with that.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Political Threads on 23:43 - Nov 13 with 2526 viewsMoonshineSteve

Political Threads on 22:37 - Nov 13 by Monkey_Roots

I used to post on a boxing board that had multiple admins and moderators, it worked.

Clive, find yourself 3 or 4 sensible lads to help you out, that would be willing to pitch in - DaveB would be a shoe in for one of those spots, then maybe Dorse? Disco? or a couple of others who are on here day in, day out?

Just a suggestion, not saying the board is suffering as a result of it just being you, just that you could do with some support now and again.

I also support the sentiment that you should exercise some restraint when taking to a specific poster - picture every lfw member as a Frankenstein amalgamation of Duran, Hagler and Hearns and respond appropriately.

Final nail in the coffin for many that'd be.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Login to get fewer ads

Political Threads on 23:48 - Nov 13 with 2517 viewsFredManRave

What Monkey said.

The time, effort and excellence of articles that Clive puts into this forum, there's no way he should hate it, so moderators to help out would surely be a way forward.

This forum is very much appreciated by many different people in many different ways and we should all do what we can to maintain its appeal whilst not diluting it's content and humour.

Je Suis LFW.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Political Threads on 23:55 - Nov 13 with 2504 viewsPunteR

Political Threads on 23:48 - Nov 13 by FredManRave

What Monkey said.

The time, effort and excellence of articles that Clive puts into this forum, there's no way he should hate it, so moderators to help out would surely be a way forward.

This forum is very much appreciated by many different people in many different ways and we should all do what we can to maintain its appeal whilst not diluting it's content and humour.

Je Suis LFW.

This^.

I nominate FredManRave to do the 12am to 7am shift...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Political Threads on 00:15 - Nov 14 with 2475 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just want to add my thanks to Clive for all the hard work.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Political Threads on 00:59 - Nov 14 with 2451 viewsBoston

Political Threads on 00:15 - Nov 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Just want to add my thanks to Clive for all the hard work.

Hard work! I'll remind the poor Crystal Palace c-nt I've got on the cement mixer that he could be sweating on a keyboard.

Political Threads on 00:59 - Nov 14 with 2452 viewsJuzzie

You don't go down to tne pub and talk just about beer. Its a place where all sorts gets talked about but hopefully most people do so sensibly.

Same should be on here. Yes, its a football/QPR site but all manner of things should be able to be talked about, especially when we dont have a game on for a week or so, without it descending into what we know it sometimes can.
Political Threads on 01:10 - Nov 14 with 2431 viewsBoston

Political Threads on 00:59 - Nov 14 by Juzzie

You don't go down to tne pub and talk just about beer. Its a place where all sorts gets talked about but hopefully most people do so sensibly.

Same should be on here. Yes, its a football/QPR site but all manner of things should be able to be talked about, especially when we dont have a game on for a week or so, without it descending into what we know it sometimes can.

Spot on...'ave it.

Political Threads on 09:00 - Nov 14 with 2324 viewsisawqpratwcity

Political Threads on 20:54 - Nov 13 by PunteR

Right , as i started the original thread that has kind of kicked off this one, i just wanted put in my penny's worth.
I started the thread about travellers because 1) They were right out side my house and causing problems where i live.
2)Because i haven't actually seen a thread on here about travellers in the 6 years ive been posting so i thought it would be an interesting discussion albeit slightly controversial.

I dont get involved in political threads, i dont read the Daily Mail so to my mind i didnt think the thread was just some generic rant about "foreigners" or whatever. It was a specific issue i was experiencing, a bit like when someone had a problem with a cyclist or they've received a parking fine so decide to post about it .
I thought the forum was a platform to talk with other Rs fans like they would if down the pub.
I did try and self regulate it. I apologised to the poster who was offended with the title and i edited it. The poster also sent me a pm to apologies for a bit of a mix up where he was calling me racist. Yes there was a bit of mud slinging between others and it then got deleted. No dramas. Btw no one reported the thread. I sent Clive a pm to apologies
Clives now had his little rant on the horse thread. Fair enough. I didnt realise this forum was ruining his life.
I love Clive's work on here, he has this club well summed up. I would rather do without the forum all together and read his reports and football columns than have him jack it all in.
But tbh I would have liked a pm or post or something just to say why it got deleted and not get treated like some oik that continually plays his music to loud at 2 in the morning.
but that's Clive's prerogative. He doesn't know me. Fair enough.

Should we stop political threads? It wouldnt bother me at all if we did.

"I love Clive's work on here, he has this club well summed up. I would rather do without the forum all together and read his reports and football columns than have him jack it all in."

Hear, hear!

Clive dealing with LFW shit.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Political Threads on 09:23 - Nov 14 with 2143 viewskropotkin41

I think it would be a dreadful shame if we stopped having political threads on LFW.

This is more than a football forum and more than a QPR forum, and that is one of the reasons I come here.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Political Threads on 09:35 - Nov 14 with 2124 viewsDorse

It is with a heavy heart that I accept this role and have now declared the following words to be offensive:
Grunties
Pinkle
Spangler
Bongos
Cringe
Scruttocks
Oval
Pescatarian
Cylinder
Barton

Anyone who disagrees is clearly a pescatarian cringe.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Political Threads on 10:19 - Nov 14 with 2068 viewspaulparker

Political Threads on 09:23 - Nov 14 by kropotkin41

I think it would be a dreadful shame if we stopped having political threads on LFW.

This is more than a football forum and more than a QPR forum, and that is one of the reasons I come here.

Even on the Football side of things people get into a hissy fit because you dare have a different opinion than them , its no different to the political threads, people are dug out regardless and seen as crackpots , racists , or whatever , look at poor Lblock the other week he got a right going over and after that he has pretty much stopped posting
maybe its easier if we have a tick list that everyone can agree on and go from there

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Political Threads on 10:36 - Nov 14 with 2023 viewsMonkey_Roots

Political Threads on 10:19 - Nov 14 by paulparker

Even on the Football side of things people get into a hissy fit because you dare have a different opinion than them , its no different to the political threads, people are dug out regardless and seen as crackpots , racists , or whatever , look at poor Lblock the other week he got a right going over and after that he has pretty much stopped posting
maybe its easier if we have a tick list that everyone can agree on and go from there

LBlock is just taking time out to nail Ollie's next nickname.
Political Threads on 11:18 - Nov 14 with 1976 viewsjohncharles

No, sorry, can't agree with you there.

Strong and stable my arse.

Political Threads on 11:19 - Nov 14 with 1972 viewskropotkin41

Political Threads on 11:18 - Nov 14 by johncharles

No, sorry, can't agree with you there.

Crackpot!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Political Threads on 11:27 - Nov 14 with 1960 viewsNorthernr

Or, just don't be a tw@ about it.
Political Threads on 11:48 - Nov 14 with 1926 viewspaulparker

Political Threads on 11:27 - Nov 14 by Northernr

Or, just don't be a tw@ about it.

So someone is a tvvat because they have a different opinion than what the masses on here have to say or are they a tvvat for taking offense to every sing post on every single thread im unclear

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Political Threads on 11:57 - Nov 14 with 1902 viewsisawqpratwcity

Political Threads on 11:48 - Nov 14 by paulparker

So someone is a tvvat because they have a different opinion than what the masses on here have to say or are they a tvvat for taking offense to every sing post on every single thread im unclear

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Political Threads on 12:01 - Nov 14 with 1872 viewsNorthernr

Political Threads on 11:48 - Nov 14 by paulparker

I refer you to E17's guide from higher up the thread...

If you're beered up, then it's probably not the right time to post.

If you wouldn't say it to someone without the likelihood of them lamping you, then it's probably not the right time to post.

If the Mail or Guardian would use your comment as an example of the left/right wing malaise, then it's probably not the right time to post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024