Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 142612 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:52 - Jun 17 with 2238 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:47 - Jun 17 by distortR

I think it's been an appallingly conducted campaign on both sides, for example geldof's behaviour the other day was very unedifying.

Wouldn't it be nice to hear our elected representatives engage in honest debate and answer questions directly.

Can't stand farage or johnson, but on the other side you have the likes of blair and goldman sachs.

The arrogance of the top politicians in britain and europe, and the sub-text that we should leave them to run our lives, constantly grates.

The threat, internally and externally, that if the people choose to leave europe, they will be punished for their choice.

Guttersnipe media.

Kind of glad that, living in the iom, i don't have a vote in the forthcoming referendum. The debate has just not been honest enough.

Which, for someone who always complains about the lack of real democracy bar voting every few years for the least worst party and their non-binding manifesto, is pretty pathetic!

ffs, blob v brighton just about sums up the tone of this debacle.

Sigh.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2016 23:50]

Oy,don't dig me out.I was attacked so I defend.I was the one who pleaded for a bit of respect and sanity after yesterday's events.
And apparently it fell on deaf ears.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:55 - Jun 17 with 2229 viewsdistortR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:52 - Jun 17 by TheBlob

Oy,don't dig me out.I was attacked so I defend.I was the one who pleaded for a bit of respect and sanity after yesterday's events.
And apparently it fell on deaf ears.

No problem. Has carried on a bit though, hasn't it?

Poor northern.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:22 - Jun 18 with 2153 viewsDeepcutHoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:47 - Jun 17 by distortR

I think it's been an appallingly conducted campaign on both sides, for example geldof's behaviour the other day was very unedifying.

Wouldn't it be nice to hear our elected representatives engage in honest debate and answer questions directly.

Can't stand farage or johnson, but on the other side you have the likes of blair and goldman sachs.

The arrogance of the top politicians in britain and europe, and the sub-text that we should leave them to run our lives, constantly grates.

The threat, internally and externally, that if the people choose to leave europe, they will be punished for their choice.

Guttersnipe media.

Kind of glad that, living in the iom, i don't have a vote in the forthcoming referendum. The debate has just not been honest enough.

Which, for someone who always complains about the lack of real democracy bar voting every few years for the least worst party and their non-binding manifesto, is pretty pathetic!

ffs, blob v brighton just about sums up the tone of this debacle.

Sigh.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2016 23:50]

Agree on the flotilla thing, even if his point about Farage not giving a toss about the fishermen till it suited him was spot on.

It was a farce from the start, Geldof rocking up and making a fool of himself made it even more so.

Made for a fun afternoon on Twitter even if it was an embarrassment politically.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 07:27 - Jun 18 with 2342 viewsjohncharles

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:22 - Jun 17 by QPRDave

Right I'm off to bed, work in the morning.
I'd just like to know, how many remainers who gush all this hate out, would feel the need to kill a brexit campaigner... The reason being that this is what we are being led to believe this man did.
The fact he was mentally ill is just being airbrushed away

Not sure if the mentally ill story isn't a bit of a smoke screen. Saw some of his neighbours, who knew him on a day to day basis, interviewed on TV and no one thought he had mental problems
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 7:28]

Strong and stable my arse.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 07:29 - Jun 18 with 2332 viewsCHUBBS

You really must have been mullered when you wrote all this.
I really hope you slept well and the booze has worn off mate🤕.
Seriously you made some nasty accusations and need to have a word with yourself.

One of the reasons I don't come on here after the demon drink any more.🍻🙁🔫
Sad really.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 8:01]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 07:32 - Jun 18 with 2325 viewsCHUBBS

I'm glad you don't drink Gareth or the stay teams prediction of WW3 could have come to fruition😉
You were far more dignified than I'd have been under such a barrage👍
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 7:55]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 07:40 - Jun 18 with 2309 viewsQPRDave

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 07:27 - Jun 18 by johncharles

Not sure if the mentally ill story isn't a bit of a smoke screen. Saw some of his neighbours, who knew him on a day to day basis, interviewed on TV and no one thought he had mental problems

Oh right fair enough John.
I was trying to establish that if you dislike someone, you don't kill them unless you're ill.
I have seen something where he went to the Dr's the day before, wanting to see someone about his mental state, and was told to come back the next day.
But who knows now.
just wish the points scoring on her death would stop.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:18 - Jun 18 with 2272 viewsessextaxiboy

I was diagnosed with depression in 2013 . Only Mrs Taxiboy knew for over a year . Then I told our boys .No one else knew until I came off the meds earlier this year .Its easy to put on a front IMO .
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:22 - Jun 18 with 2266 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 07:32 - Jun 18 by CHUBBS

I'm glad you don't drink Gareth or the stay teams prediction of WW3 could have come to fruition😉

Spain 1 Wales 1
Cocker Spaniel 63 min Shaun the Sheep 88min
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:43 - Jun 18 with 2236 viewsjohncharles

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:18 - Jun 18 by essextaxiboy

I was diagnosed with depression in 2013 . Only Mrs Taxiboy knew for over a year . Then I told our boys .No one else knew until I came off the meds earlier this year .Its easy to put on a front IMO .

Glad your feeling better and the Medes Essex. The point I've been trying make is that the press and the politicians are out of control setting people against each with mostly fictitious "facts" and stories. You only have to look at last night's action on here to see how ordinary people can lose it over Brexit/Remain. I'm suggesting that it's the general vitriol that pushed this guy over the edge.
Maybe egged him on would be more accurate.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 8:46]

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:52 - Jun 18 with 2230 viewshoopdog

You all so saw his neighbours say he was a private man they didnt know much about
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:59 - Jun 18 with 2216 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:22 - Jun 18 by essextaxiboy

Spain 1 Wales 1
Cocker Spaniel 63 min Shaun the Sheep 88min

That made oi larf Essex.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:01 - Jun 18 with 2208 viewsQPR_Jim

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:18 - Jun 18 by essextaxiboy

Sorry to hear about that, glad you're feeling better/off the meds now.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:05 - Jun 18 with 2209 viewsjohncharles

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:52 - Jun 18 by hoopdog

You all so saw his neighbours say he was a private man they didnt know much about

Well that's me fcuked then.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:17 - Jun 18 with 2192 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 07:32 - Jun 18 by CHUBBS

Years of practice Chubbs.All that waterboarding in Southern Comfort had to pay off in the end.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:06 - Jun 18 with 2148 viewsbaz_qpr

Back to the OP these are my thoughts cut and paste from Facebook in response to someone else apologies if they offend.

Gotta say really worried the way this is going. The Brexit case is as if the Globalisation of the last 20 years never happened, as if capital cannot be shifted on a huge scale at the flick of a switch, or that populations all around the world are not moving around on an unprecedented scale not because of benefits but because they can through cheap global travel. In my view its completely delusional.

Do you honestly think any other country (other than China or Russia) whether in Europe or out wants to see us successfully leave. They want certainty and stability. They will make sure we are punished enough to slap down any other country from doing so, otherwise it all unravels. If we vote out it is in every other countries interest to punish us properly even if it costs them 5-8% of their overall export market. It will be needed to be seen that we suffer and don't thrive

Then we have the delusion that politicians actually have any power to control things. Mostly given away in the eighties and nineties free trade and globalisation deals. Only two or three countries / blocks are able to stand up to the corporate power of the Tata, Google, Amazon etc US, China, Russia and Europe.

Brexit will bring inflation, the pound will fall and trade tariffs will come into play,.

Inflation will either bring wage rises or fall in living standards.

The Bank of England will then raise interest rates to manage inflation as they are legally obliged to currently and given the recent historic lows of the last 8 years just a few percentage points will cripple the 25-45 year olds who have had to pay massively over the odds on housing (the profit which has gone yet again to the Babyboomers) Just a couple of percentage points is going to be a doubling of housing costs and that initself is going to push rents up. I genuinely think that people don't realise how flucked up and precarious our economic situation is especially with regards to housing and the economic policies of the last 8 years.

Finally a plea to the baby boomers the over 65's. This is not your referendum. Whatever your political views this is about your children and their children. Whatever the decision they will carry the cost / make the profit, lose or gain the opportunities / jobs etc. Please speak to them about the world / country they want. Its their future.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:33 - Jun 18 with 2117 viewsTHEBUSH

When the rag of a newspaper the sun decided to be in the out campaign, that finally made up my mind, to vote for the stay 'in' campaign
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:34 - Jun 18 with 2109 viewsDiscodroids

Ive heard this over and over again that the Over 65's must think of the young people in this referendum .. Young People did not arrive in the landscape that surrounds them by accident. This country was built and shaped by those who went before them. What is more it was paid for by them out of their taxes.

For the benefit of youngsters at college and uni that spend all day with slow release laughing gas canisters depoisted up their arseholes , Taxes are deductions that the government takes from your wages when you do paid work. They claim to do so in order that they can provide and maintain things that are necessary to the wellbeing of the nation, like roads and schools and defence.

What's more, the hospitals that young people attend and the doctor's that they go to when sick, have all been paid for by something called National Insurance. Again, for the benefit of young people who spend their time calling Nuns racist on the dark net , This is likewise a tax that is taken by the government as an insurance policy for when you fall on difficult times, a sort of contract between you, the worker, and the state, so that you are never left destitute or without medical care.

Ive heard many times during this referendum that the future belongs to young people and that those over 65 should be excluded. May I say to young people that by making that suggestion you expose yourself as being an unthinking, ungrateful and selfish individuals of the highest order.

Everything you possess has been given to you by the hard work and thrift of former generations. Some, gave much more than their money. Yet you, want to slam the door in their face in graceless ingratitude.

Might I suggest that when you cast your vote in the referendum you are mindful of the fact that those who are telling you that the future is Europe are intent on giving away all the fruits of the labour of your forbears into foreign control, of casting it all into the common pot of an entire continent, a continent that is set upon a death wish of forfeiting its identity and its territory in the chase after a hopeless dream.

Those who have invested a whole working life in this enterprise called Britain have a right to shape the future too, and to say what should be done with the things they have created, and have paid for through their diligent endeavour and hard work. It was they who made it. Not the politicians. Not the bureaucrats. Not the activists. Not the party members. It was your elders.Some of us.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 10:35]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:45 - Jun 18 with 2089 views1BobbyHazell

Ultimately it won't matter if we vote in or out.

Although I'm sure In will win, even if it doesn't the people who really run things will make sure they find a way to keep us in. The big players in centralised control are not really interested in what the populace have to say.

Just look at the blatant ignoring of the Dutch's recent referendum, over 66% of the vote said no. 66% ! More than any government could ever hope to get in a general election and yet it has been totally ignored. The EU (with the help of puppet politicians) pushed it through anyway.

This is the shape of things to come, if the people's blatant democratic will is being ignored where are these decisions coming from and how far will they pushed in the years to come?

There is a plan in place, if the people vote for it when given the chance then the pretence of democracy can be celebrated, but when they don't, as above, then democracy is shamelessly ignored and the plan continues anyway.

I understand why all the economic promises of doom are persuading people to vote In, but please consider this precedent of ignoring the clear will of the people.

Have a think about it. If you think it is price worth paying then fair do's but for me the guesswork of short term results is far outweighed by the support for a centralised body dominated by unelected members who get to decide to push through what they want even when confronted with overwhelming public opposition.

With love and peace x
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 10:47]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:51 - Jun 18 with 2076 viewscyprusmel

The ultra conservative newspaper The Spectator has come out in favour of a Brexit.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:52 - Jun 18 with 2068 viewsstevec

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:06 - Jun 18 by baz_qpr

Back to the OP these are my thoughts cut and paste from Facebook in response to someone else apologies if they offend.

Gotta say really worried the way this is going. The Brexit case is as if the Globalisation of the last 20 years never happened, as if capital cannot be shifted on a huge scale at the flick of a switch, or that populations all around the world are not moving around on an unprecedented scale not because of benefits but because they can through cheap global travel. In my view its completely delusional.

Do you honestly think any other country (other than China or Russia) whether in Europe or out wants to see us successfully leave. They want certainty and stability. They will make sure we are punished enough to slap down any other country from doing so, otherwise it all unravels. If we vote out it is in every other countries interest to punish us properly even if it costs them 5-8% of their overall export market. It will be needed to be seen that we suffer and don't thrive

Then we have the delusion that politicians actually have any power to control things. Mostly given away in the eighties and nineties free trade and globalisation deals. Only two or three countries / blocks are able to stand up to the corporate power of the Tata, Google, Amazon etc US, China, Russia and Europe.

Brexit will bring inflation, the pound will fall and trade tariffs will come into play,.

Inflation will either bring wage rises or fall in living standards.

The Bank of England will then raise interest rates to manage inflation as they are legally obliged to currently and given the recent historic lows of the last 8 years just a few percentage points will cripple the 25-45 year olds who have had to pay massively over the odds on housing (the profit which has gone yet again to the Babyboomers) Just a couple of percentage points is going to be a doubling of housing costs and that initself is going to push rents up. I genuinely think that people don't realise how flucked up and precarious our economic situation is especially with regards to housing and the economic policies of the last 8 years.

Finally a plea to the baby boomers the over 65's. This is not your referendum. Whatever your political views this is about your children and their children. Whatever the decision they will carry the cost / make the profit, lose or gain the opportunities / jobs etc. Please speak to them about the world / country they want. Its their future.

Baz, respect your thoughts but I should point out that many of us oldies want Out precisely because we fear for the future of our children.

At 56, mortgage paid off, money in the bank the result of the referendum is largely irrelevant to my way of life. But for my kids and their mates I see a country where as long as immigration out numbers houses being built (and trust me no government will ever be able to build enough houses at a fast enough rate while we are under EU ruling) then they will find it almost impossible to buy their own home and,if they are lucky enough to move out, will be subject to crippling rental costs for the rest of their lives.

The punishment from other countries, banks and all vested interests you talk of is a very real possibility for a relatively short period of time, that's the vindictive way the establishment works, but if you are prepared for a tough couple of years then a Brexit will open a can of worms amongst the self serving elite that will create real opportunities for the young. Cheaper housing and a falling pound are not things to be scared of, they are your way back into a world that has pissed on you from a great height.

I'd say to any young supporters, this is your referendum, do not let fear determine your vote. The establishment have got you where they want you, this is your one chance to break free and do something about it.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:54 - Jun 18 with 2060 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:34 - Jun 18 by Discodroids

Ive heard this over and over again that the Over 65's must think of the young people in this referendum .. Young People did not arrive in the landscape that surrounds them by accident. This country was built and shaped by those who went before them. What is more it was paid for by them out of their taxes.

For the benefit of youngsters at college and uni that spend all day with slow release laughing gas canisters depoisted up their arseholes , Taxes are deductions that the government takes from your wages when you do paid work. They claim to do so in order that they can provide and maintain things that are necessary to the wellbeing of the nation, like roads and schools and defence.

What's more, the hospitals that young people attend and the doctor's that they go to when sick, have all been paid for by something called National Insurance. Again, for the benefit of young people who spend their time calling Nuns racist on the dark net , This is likewise a tax that is taken by the government as an insurance policy for when you fall on difficult times, a sort of contract between you, the worker, and the state, so that you are never left destitute or without medical care.

Ive heard many times during this referendum that the future belongs to young people and that those over 65 should be excluded. May I say to young people that by making that suggestion you expose yourself as being an unthinking, ungrateful and selfish individuals of the highest order.

Everything you possess has been given to you by the hard work and thrift of former generations. Some, gave much more than their money. Yet you, want to slam the door in their face in graceless ingratitude.

Might I suggest that when you cast your vote in the referendum you are mindful of the fact that those who are telling you that the future is Europe are intent on giving away all the fruits of the labour of your forbears into foreign control, of casting it all into the common pot of an entire continent, a continent that is set upon a death wish of forfeiting its identity and its territory in the chase after a hopeless dream.

Those who have invested a whole working life in this enterprise called Britain have a right to shape the future too, and to say what should be done with the things they have created, and have paid for through their diligent endeavour and hard work. It was they who made it. Not the politicians. Not the bureaucrats. Not the activists. Not the party members. It was your elders.Some of us.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 10:35]

Or there again, if the EU has as much power in everyday British life as people tell you, and given we've been in for the last 43 years, they might want to thank Europe as well?

Personally, I think young people have been royally fcked by all the powers that be, and by the generations ahead of them. They don't go to university without stacking up debt now (so what they choose to do with their time is probably their own business, laughing gas or not - if you pay tax you probably last put into their education post A levels sometime in the 1980s). Throw in the lack of proper jobs and the doolally cost of renting a roof over their heads (or buying, maybe when they're 50) and I'm not sure what it is they're supposed to be so grateful for.

They can vote any way they want, and they can have a good moan while they're at it. Fck me, plenty of people on here do enough of it, blaming their lot on everything from health and safety to the cruel discrimination suffered by middle-aged white blokes.

Do you want a hanky, Maureen?
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 10:58]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:06 - Jun 18 with 2028 viewsDiscodroids

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:54 - Jun 18 by DannytheR

Or there again, if the EU has as much power in everyday British life as people tell you, and given we've been in for the last 43 years, they might want to thank Europe as well?

Personally, I think young people have been royally fcked by all the powers that be, and by the generations ahead of them. They don't go to university without stacking up debt now (so what they choose to do with their time is probably their own business, laughing gas or not - if you pay tax you probably last put into their education post A levels sometime in the 1980s). Throw in the lack of proper jobs and the doolally cost of renting a roof over their heads (or buying, maybe when they're 50) and I'm not sure what it is they're supposed to be so grateful for.

They can vote any way they want, and they can have a good moan while they're at it. Fck me, plenty of people on here do enough of it, blaming their lot on everything from health and safety to the cruel discrimination suffered by middle-aged white blokes.

Of course young people can vote how they want, they can put on a wig, a slash of red lipstick and mate with the beats that roam freely in the fields for all i care. As long as they dont castigate their elders for casting their vote with freedom .They have earned that right.

as for your hanky maureen quote , is it a reference to the Romanian encampment that i drove by at 6am this morning on a roundabout Near Chingford ??

. There Are many of these EU tourist attractions along the North circular hinterlands. One of the many benefits of being under the yoke of the EU is the unfettered freedom to witness a 17 stone Romanian defecate into a bucket under a bridge when taking the kids to school in your kia soul. Moreover , i think we should all listen and learn from the Pro EU chattering middleclasses that celebrate diversity by living in Epsom , While we Live cheek by jowl With people who enjoy washing their Blood orange shitted pants, in front of children at the local retail park. Or was it a reference to me hanging round schools again?
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 11:11]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:12 - Jun 18 with 2014 viewsstevec

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:54 - Jun 18 by DannytheR

Danny, your second paragraph is spot on. The thing I don't get is I suspect you're going to vote Remain and therefore for 'more of the same'.

I've noticed a lot of young people moan about their lot, quite justifiably, but don't seem to realise it's the present system that put them where they are.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:17 - Jun 18 with 2003 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:52 - Jun 18 by stevec

Baz, respect your thoughts but I should point out that many of us oldies want Out precisely because we fear for the future of our children.

At 56, mortgage paid off, money in the bank the result of the referendum is largely irrelevant to my way of life. But for my kids and their mates I see a country where as long as immigration out numbers houses being built (and trust me no government will ever be able to build enough houses at a fast enough rate while we are under EU ruling) then they will find it almost impossible to buy their own home and,if they are lucky enough to move out, will be subject to crippling rental costs for the rest of their lives.

The punishment from other countries, banks and all vested interests you talk of is a very real possibility for a relatively short period of time, that's the vindictive way the establishment works, but if you are prepared for a tough couple of years then a Brexit will open a can of worms amongst the self serving elite that will create real opportunities for the young. Cheaper housing and a falling pound are not things to be scared of, they are your way back into a world that has pissed on you from a great height.

I'd say to any young supporters, this is your referendum, do not let fear determine your vote. The establishment have got you where they want you, this is your one chance to break free and do something about it.

These are my feelings also. I am voting out for my boys and their families future.

I can understand the reservations of the young , they have not known anything other the EU membership and it must seem like a risk , they look at a map and see tiny UK and big Europe and think that we need to be under the skirts of Europe to keep going .

We are a massive player on a global scale , We are on the top tables of NATO and the G20 , we have fantastic universities bringing through a constant stream of entrepreneurs,we think of things, design them, make them and sell them . We insure much of the world and our financial sector is respected throughout the world.

Our young people have a chance to secure their future instead of joining the youngsters of Greece and Spain with Portugal soon to follow standing around with no hope .

They can be part of a brand new era , shaping the country how they want to live in the future .

We need to back ourselves then prove we were right to do so .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024