Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Fred 12:01 - Aug 2 with 18809 viewsGetMeRangers

Disappointing line up, particularly from who is missing. They will be on their way, I guess

S o presumably we will see the trialists. Will we see Samba or Tyler?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 12:02]
Match Fred on 13:42 - Aug 2 with 6528 viewsgeorgiosfs

Match Fred on 12:10 - Aug 2 by terryb

Don't see much that is disappointing in that line up.

The chances of Austin being here this season are very low so let's prepare for the reality of who will be playing for us.

Looks to me to be close to what CR thinks will be his first choice.

Exactly.

Those guys are tried and tested and don't need to impress so we need to think of them as a bonus if they are around when the season starts.
Match Fred on 13:46 - Aug 2 with 6468 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Match Fred on 13:38 - Aug 2 by ganjR

What's the lowest position that you think counts as mid-table?

mid table for me is between 11 and 14
Match Fred on 13:50 - Aug 2 with 6412 viewsganjR

Match Fred on 13:46 - Aug 2 by superhoopdownunder

mid table for me is between 11 and 14

Cool, I think we will finish 14th. No matter who comes in or goes.
Once again, people managing expectations and actually managing expectations are different.
(Not saying you, just in general).
Match Fred on 14:06 - Aug 2 with 6141 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Based on Austin, Fer and Sandro leaving and Phillips staying then unless we get some serious players in we will do well to finish mid table

Rebuilding after the ongoing mismanagement of our club takes time.

I would rather we continue with our current approach of recruiting young, hungry and hopefully skilful players with great character knowing that it should bear fruit and is more sustainable than the musical chairs approach we have persisted with until now.
Match Fred on 14:11 - Aug 2 with 6072 viewsrongould

J E-T has equalised
Match Fred on 14:18 - Aug 2 with 5931 viewsRed_Ranger

Who's this no14. Striker.
Match Fred on 14:22 - Aug 2 with 5853 viewsDesertBoot

Match Fred on 14:18 - Aug 2 by Red_Ranger

Jay Emmanuel Thomas

Wish I could be like David Watts

Match Fred on 14:26 - Aug 2 with 5766 viewsted_hendrix

Match Fred on 13:27 - Aug 2 by kensalriser

Who the fck is going to buy Fer?

Season long loan at Sunderland is the rumour.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Fred on 14:27 - Aug 2 with 5741 viewsjoolsyp

Tyler Blackwood?
Match Fred on 14:31 - Aug 2 with 5655 viewsganjR

If he is black, then it's JET.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:37 - Aug 2 with 5513 viewsisawqpratwcity

Match Fred on 14:31 - Aug 2 by ganjR

If he is black, then it's JET.

[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 14:39]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Match Fred on 14:39 - Aug 2 with 5445 viewsvanrrrr

i know he is a loon but was good to see Samba out there - still got that ability to go past a player and he didnt kill anyone. Hall at the back looked neat, the fact his middle name is Terry should give him extra points

Atalanta fans were good.
The old ground looked good in the sun

roll on next weekend
Match Fred on 14:45 - Aug 2 with 5322 viewssuperhoopdownunder

how did we play?
Match Fred on 15:16 - Aug 2 with 4882 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Polter will become the new Helguson

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Match Fred on 16:26 - Aug 2 with 4296 viewsantoknee64

Realy enjoyed today,started off by given a fee copy of the 2010-2011 We are premier league books from the club shop.
Atalanta supporters were amazing,loved the way the Ultras conducted them with their signatory loud whistles in amongst the chanting,great hats off to them.
Nice to see Ale almost back to hes best,some great spread play but tended to fluff the simple pass,I think him and Luongo are too similar and we would benefit better with Henry or Diakite to support one of them.Kpekawa another good game under he's belt,look good going forward past Gladwin.Hill looked more comfortable at centre back but I was mighty impressed by the boy Hall in the second half he also looked very confident and that's the 2nd game he's played think we should sign him instead of Shluuup the German.Poulter did very well apart from shooting,he puts himself about and is very strong in the tackles.
A few negatives for me,Hoilett well say no more,Greens distribution,Perch looked very rusty.
Pitch looked in great condition and they've moved the Loft end goal forwards and looks like area for players to stretch and warm up in so those of you in front rows of Lower Loft to the right of goal will probably have to put up with moving pillars.
Match Fred on 16:45 - Aug 2 with 4018 viewsBklynRanger

Ian Taylor said on the commentary that we're not going to bother with Schorch, which makes sense.

I think Ale and Luongo might actually start next week. Diakite looked to have refund some quality when he came on. Wonder what he'd be like with the pressure of an actual league game? From the second half that I saw it looked like we have more of a plan and a specific system than some of those other games suggested. Was quite positive stuff I thought.
Match Fred on 17:07 - Aug 2 with 3855 viewsterryb

Thanks for the reports.

It would appear that we tried to play football which is great to see.

Does anyone know what the position is with Hall? Is he on trial, looking to be loaned or are we in the market to purchase him?
Match Fred on 17:27 - Aug 2 with 3714 viewsWeaverQPR

Where did jet play?

@WeavQPR

Match Fred on 17:37 - Aug 2 with 3624 viewsdaveB

Match Fred on 17:27 - Aug 2 by WeaverQPR

Where did jet play?

left wing
Match Fred on 17:41 - Aug 2 with 3602 viewsdaveB

thought we played pretty well, some nice football but lack a little in the final third. of the new players Cherry looked good, lovely free kick which hit the post. Gladwin was the pick of the new players, thought he looked decent. Polter drew a lot of groans when he made a mistake early on but grew into the game and did very well for the goal. I thought he looked useful.

Phillips played well on the right, Hill was pretty good as well. Looked like we are trying to play from the back, i liked the look of the left back Kpekawa. 1-1 draw probably a fair result. Don't think it's all as doom and gloom as some are predicting but very difficult to judge on these games.
Match Fred on 17:42 - Aug 2 with 3579 viewsganjR

Match Fred on 17:07 - Aug 2 by terryb

Thanks for the reports.

It would appear that we tried to play football which is great to see.

Does anyone know what the position is with Hall? Is he on trial, looking to be loaned or are we in the market to purchase him?

He has stated that he wants to leave Our feeder club this summer, so my guess is that we have him on trial while paper work gets sorted.

I agree with the comments on Luongo and Faurlin, maybe being too similar in midfield together. 1 with a Henry or Gobern / Guedioura type player would work best.
I think Diakite should play further up the pitch, he gets played as a DM cos of his physicality and willingness to get stuck in, which actually are the 2 reasons why I think he shouldn't play as a DM.

With Polter, I feel his strength and ability to hold the ball up are the strengths that will help the team. Even if/when Austin goes, I don't think he'll be automatic first choice.

Did Blackwood get on?
Match Fred on 17:46 - Aug 2 with 3540 viewsdaveB

Match Fred on 17:42 - Aug 2 by ganjR

He has stated that he wants to leave Our feeder club this summer, so my guess is that we have him on trial while paper work gets sorted.

I agree with the comments on Luongo and Faurlin, maybe being too similar in midfield together. 1 with a Henry or Gobern / Guedioura type player would work best.
I think Diakite should play further up the pitch, he gets played as a DM cos of his physicality and willingness to get stuck in, which actually are the 2 reasons why I think he shouldn't play as a DM.

With Polter, I feel his strength and ability to hold the ball up are the strengths that will help the team. Even if/when Austin goes, I don't think he'll be automatic first choice.

Did Blackwood get on?

Blackwood played the last 15 minutes or so looked ok but didn't get any chances of note to score
Match Fred on 17:55 - Aug 2 with 3457 viewsGetMeRangers

Match Fred on 17:42 - Aug 2 by ganjR

Did Blackwood get on?

Another who enjoyed today. Re Samba. I actually thought he lifted the excitment in teh game, with some attempts at mazy runs. Reminded me of what he could do, other than getting stuck in and sent off. Personally I hope he at least makes the bench each week. Quick too, but hard to tell if that is just him versus players not exerting themselves too hard or genuine pace

Tyler. Looks more lightweight in build than I thought but super quick. Puts himself in good positions and really think he could be a little gem we have unearthed. Could make a really nuisance of himself in the championship

Although others have said about short comings in teh final third, there were some great crosses that the likes of Mackie or Charlie would have put away, I feel. Really enjoying the return of football rather than hoof to Bobby for Charlie

CR says JET is far off from being fit and didnt really move much. However, there is a decent footballer in there.

Really hope we keep Matty. I think he is another that could cause problems in the championship

Rather perplexed why he kept Hill on to the end? Surely, if you are planning on using a 97 yr old next week then you dont try and exhaust him too much. Looked knackered at the end

Off to Charlton with rose tinted glasses, a naive, lack of knowledge of football and ever so excited
Match Fred on 17:55 - Aug 2 with 3455 viewsganjR

Match Fred on 17:46 - Aug 2 by daveB

Blackwood played the last 15 minutes or so looked ok but didn't get any chances of note to score

Glad he got a run out.
Think he may be our current 3rd choice Striker ahead of Grego-Cox now.
Match Fred on 18:04 - Aug 2 with 3399 viewseghamranger

Been reading up about Grant Hall and it seems that he signed a 3 year contract at spuds in July 2012, which means it should have been up on Friday 😄

Also seems that he was their U21 captain a few years ago but he was sent out on loan to Blackpool, Birmingham and Swindon and didn't get a look in under the new manager. CR clearly knows him and probably let Caulker go to Soton as he was going to come to us. I'm pleased he had a good game as we so need a young tall decent centre half and he seems the right sort who wants to play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024