Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom for five mill 17:19 - Jan 20 with 9083 viewsOldjack

http://www.thetottenhamway.com/2015/01/20/spurs-willing-sell-tom-carroll-swansea

yes /no ?
yes from me

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Tom for five mill on 07:05 - Jan 21 with 1617 viewsEdmundo

Tom for five mill on 20:47 - Jan 20 by AngelRangelQS

Won't happen imo.

They'll fill the squad with solid, average premier league players.

It's a maybe for me, still think we need a gritty hard worker who may have a few goals in him.
Hard to come by maybe, but we don't seem to have other options for goals outside of our main striker.
The Chelsea game also proved we need some hard workers in midfield.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Tom for five mill on 07:47 - Jan 21 with 1560 viewsjacksinceever

Tom for five mill on 02:09 - Jan 21 by MagicDaps

It's amazing given our record in the transfer market, and the huge profits we've made how critical some are of our board.

Many were critical about how we were held to ransom when spending £12 million on Bony, and there was heavy criticism of the signing of Jonjo Shelvey for £5 million.

With Bony it's a done deal and we've made a profit.
JJS blows hot and cold and still needs to prove he is worth £5 million.
Ki was also in that category IMO until this season when he has proved his worth
Tom for five mill on 07:52 - Jan 21 with 1558 viewsAngelRangelQS

Tom for five mill on 07:47 - Jan 21 by jacksinceever

£5m is a third of what we got for Allen. It's virtually nothing. Shelvey's probably justified that price tag in my opinion
Tom for five mill on 08:20 - Jan 21 with 1509 viewsAnotherJohn

I'd say we should only buy TC if we can afford to use him off the bench for a year or two. The greater need is for a different kind of midfielder who can slot straight into the starting team. Knowing Huw's parsimonious ways I suspect it is one or the other, and in that case it would be a 'no' from me.
Tom for five mill on 08:35 - Jan 21 with 1490 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Tom for five mill on 18:36 - Jan 20 by pencoedjack

My understanding is he played both holding & attacking roles (admittedly for Exeter)

Swansea fans make me laugh, slating Naughton before he kicks a ball for us but are happy to splash out more cash on a midfielder who was part of probably the worst midfield performance in many years.

As I said originally, Id like to see if he offers any more before the end of the season because what I have seen he's no replacement for Leon

Each to their own I suppose.

Agree it was probably the worst midfield performance however felt Carroll did as much as he possibly could - was virtually playing in the centre by himself and thought one of the few to come out of the game with any credit

Think he's come on a bit after a couple of full games and possibly would be a good deal for £5m - will be pushing for a starting spot even when everyone comes back so £5m for a starter is not bad business at all - hopefully he will improve too

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Tom for five mill on 08:52 - Jan 21 with 1470 viewsdameedna

I think he has shown enough
If he wants to come that is a credit to our club as it is not an easy decision to leave Spurs.
We need another player to cope with demands.
Shelvey and Ki at 5 million are bargains.
Carroll needs to add some more goal threat which he has done in the cup and had a couple of goes recently.
British and reliable not a bad word to say about him. Could be a diamond.
Tom for five mill on 11:43 - Jan 21 with 1388 viewsfootball2301

shelvey needs to prove he's worth 5 mil hahahahahahaha hilarious freezing cold he's worth 5 mil some people do really put some shite on here
Tom for five mill on 11:53 - Jan 21 with 1350 viewshammy

I think he's shown enough in his time with us that he can fit into our style of play and is worth a punt at £5M (more so than Kyle Naughton !).

WRT the Chelski game he was on a hiding to nothing with the inclusion of so many attack minded midfielders along side him. He needs to be playing alongside Leon, Ki or Shelvey at the moment. Initially I thought the first goal was down to him, but it seems that Gylfi was at fault with a poor pass.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Login to get fewer ads

Tom for five mill on 12:54 - Jan 21 with 1298 viewsLord_Bony

A future replacement for Leon?

http://news.ladbrokes.com/football/fa-cup/5m-swansea-and-spurs-deal-suits-partie

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Tom for five mill on 14:03 - Jan 21 with 1254 viewsWarwickHunt

Tom for five mill on 12:54 - Jan 21 by Lord_Bony

A future replacement for Leon?

http://news.ladbrokes.com/football/fa-cup/5m-swansea-and-spurs-deal-suits-partie

He's not a DM.
Tom for five mill on 14:14 - Jan 21 with 1233 viewslondonlisa2001

Tom for five mill on 14:03 - Jan 21 by WarwickHunt

He's not a DM.

I think he shows some promise though Phil. Worth the investment, not least because as he's English his value will only rise as he gets more PL appearances. Certainly no DM though - much more of a Joey figure. The problem with that is that when we played Joey, Leon was at his imperious best. He's really not any longer - bit older, few more injuries.

It also seems that we are loading up on either 'utility' midfielders like Carroll and possibly Grimes and the guy that there are rumours about as well. No rumours at all though about a much harder, grittier midfielder to shore everything up and stick a boot in. However much we were overrun on Saturday, I couldn't help but think that Ferrie would never have allowed that to happen, and neither would our greatest ever, Robbie James. He'd have made sure that Oscar and Hazard knew that they were in a game instead of a training exercise.
Tom for five mill on 14:17 - Jan 21 with 1223 viewspencoedjack

Tom for five mill on 14:03 - Jan 21 by WarwickHunt

He's not a DM.

He's no Joey Allen either

Think we can do far better tbh
Tom for five mill on 14:20 - Jan 21 with 1218 viewslondonlisa2001

Tom for five mill on 14:17 - Jan 21 by pencoedjack

He's no Joey Allen either

Think we can do far better tbh

I find him similar to Joe. Joe got better and better over a couple of years and I think this guy could as well.

I was pleased to see his reaction when he scored up at Tranmere as well - he obviously cares a lot and that is not always the case with loans from bigger clubs (Josh who??)
Tom for five mill on 14:32 - Jan 21 with 1195 viewsScoobyWho

Tom for five mill on 14:20 - Jan 21 by londonlisa2001

I find him similar to Joe. Joe got better and better over a couple of years and I think this guy could as well.

I was pleased to see his reaction when he scored up at Tranmere as well - he obviously cares a lot and that is not always the case with loans from bigger clubs (Josh who??)

Once again Lisa gets it right with an emotional example. And this is good for our club because he will give us a decent performance for the rest of the season.
For me though, its a huge no.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Tom for five mill on 14:38 - Jan 21 with 1181 viewslondonlisa2001

Tom for five mill on 14:32 - Jan 21 by ScoobyWho

Once again Lisa gets it right with an emotional example. And this is good for our club because he will give us a decent performance for the rest of the season.
For me though, its a huge no.

why do you think no?

It's not a big investment for a your English player. I don't think he's a world beater, but seems to me to be a good addition to the squad.
Tom for five mill on 14:45 - Jan 21 with 1168 viewsWarwickHunt

Tom for five mill on 14:14 - Jan 21 by londonlisa2001

I think he shows some promise though Phil. Worth the investment, not least because as he's English his value will only rise as he gets more PL appearances. Certainly no DM though - much more of a Joey figure. The problem with that is that when we played Joey, Leon was at his imperious best. He's really not any longer - bit older, few more injuries.

It also seems that we are loading up on either 'utility' midfielders like Carroll and possibly Grimes and the guy that there are rumours about as well. No rumours at all though about a much harder, grittier midfielder to shore everything up and stick a boot in. However much we were overrun on Saturday, I couldn't help but think that Ferrie would never have allowed that to happen, and neither would our greatest ever, Robbie James. He'd have made sure that Oscar and Hazard knew that they were in a game instead of a training exercise.

Yep - very tidy player who could develop into a very good one.
Think he's a bit of a luxury for us at the moment unfortunately. In an ideal world we'd buy him and bring him on.

It must now be obvious to everyone that we need a quality, no-nonsense DM as our top priority.
I wouldn't be averse to taking a punt on Carroll - would need a lot of add-ons to justify anywhere near the £5m price tag though.
Tom for five mill on 14:46 - Jan 21 with 1167 viewsScoobyWho

Tom for five mill on 14:38 - Jan 21 by londonlisa2001

why do you think no?

It's not a big investment for a your English player. I don't think he's a world beater, but seems to me to be a good addition to the squad.

A bit weak on the ball Lisa, a posh Josh.
Doesn't feel right to me, in fact the feeling I got when I read we were in for Maxim in Germany was more positive. If its a toss up between the two I would go for a Maxim very time.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Tom for five mill on 14:52 - Jan 21 with 1154 viewslondonlisa2001

Tom for five mill on 14:45 - Jan 21 by WarwickHunt

Think he's a bit of a luxury for us at the moment unfortunately. In an ideal world we'd buy him and bring him on.

It must now be obvious to everyone that we need a quality, no-nonsense DM as our top priority.
I wouldn't be averse to taking a punt on Carroll - would need a lot of add-ons to justify anywhere near the £5m price tag though.

agree with the 'bit of a luxury' assessment.

As for the fee - I just don't know anymore to be honest. If reports are real that CP are prepared to pay that sort of money for Taylor, then I'm not sure what constitutes value. If it is our last £5m then I wouldn't use it on him, but if it's money that can be spent in addition to 2 full backs (my biggest concern - even more than a midfielder in some ways) and a quality DM to replace Leon (who I just don't think has been the same this year) then fine.

I don't think we'd lose money on him put it that way.
Tom for five mill on 14:58 - Jan 21 with 1137 viewsStarsky

Tom for five mill on 14:45 - Jan 21 by WarwickHunt

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Charlie Adams?
Runs for cover...

It's just the internet, init.

Tom for five mill on 14:58 - Jan 21 with 1136 viewsWarwickHunt

Tom for five mill on 14:52 - Jan 21 by londonlisa2001

agree with the 'bit of a luxury' assessment.

As for the fee - I just don't know anymore to be honest. If reports are real that CP are prepared to pay that sort of money for Taylor, then I'm not sure what constitutes value. If it is our last £5m then I wouldn't use it on him, but if it's money that can be spent in addition to 2 full backs (my biggest concern - even more than a midfielder in some ways) and a quality DM to replace Leon (who I just don't think has been the same this year) then fine.

I don't think we'd lose money on him put it that way.

Agreed. If Taylor and Naughton are worth £5m (each!) then it's difficult to put a sensible valuation on anyone.
In a perfect world I'd rather we spent it on Carroll.
Tom for five mill on 14:59 - Jan 21 with 1130 viewslondonlisa2001

Tom for five mill on 14:58 - Jan 21 by Starsky

Charlie Adams?
Runs for cover...

oh God !
Tom for five mill on 15:01 - Jan 21 with 1124 viewsWarwickHunt

Tom for five mill on 14:58 - Jan 21 by Starsky

Charlie Adams?
Runs for cover...

You missed the "quality" bit ...
Tom for five mill on 15:24 - Jan 21 with 1083 viewsStarsky

Tom for five mill on 15:01 - Jan 21 by WarwickHunt

You missed the "quality" bit ...

Feck me Phil. You won't get quality as well as no nonsense mun.
The last midfield player like that was Russ Coughlin and before that, Janner Thomas

It's just the internet, init.

Tom for five mill on 16:37 - Jan 21 with 1021 viewsWarwickHunt

Tom for five mill on 15:24 - Jan 21 by Starsky

Feck me Phil. You won't get quality as well as no nonsense mun.
The last midfield player like that was Russ Coughlin and before that, Janner Thomas

Ah Janner - what a player he could have been if he'd put his mind to it.

Still one of my all-times faves though.
Tom for five mill on 16:47 - Jan 21 with 989 viewsblaine_scfc

If Shelvey isn't worth £5million, then Tom Carroll isn't worth £2.5mill. There will be better players on the continent for cheaper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024